Jan. 09 Check In ~~TGIFri. 9th ~~

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals!

Today is KBW & 200 swings for me after I get back from my doctor's appt this morning.

Yesterday ended up being quite a busy, productive day outside of the house w/ dh.

Yesterday just when I had started SqS and my kettlebells were already set up; dh tells me why don't you spend some time w/ me it's my only full day off. Then he kept getting in the way and I couldn't see Tracey on the TV - lil snot lol so I ended up just doing some stretching and called it a day.

I had to go and get my car inspected anyways so that was another excuse to go into town.. my inspection was due in Dec. :eek:

Beth hmmm am I reading right that CLX is actually working w/ giving you DOMs? Didn't you say you didn't feel worked ?

Anyhows I briefly looked over yesterday's thread just a bit ago and saw your last post.

I need to go back and really read that thread.

Gots to get moving so see you all later ;)

picture.php

Vilma, we must be married to the same man!!! That's exactly what my hubby does, given the opportunity!

Yes, I am having DOMs -- not quite the same as with Cathe. Certainly in my legs!!! My whole butt was twitching last night (TMI?!). Today was shoulders, and I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling that. I think it was just that I didn't go heavy enough for the chest work, but to be honest, I'm not sure I could go much heavier and keep proper form -- so, I'm a little confused on the chest work. The only other thought I had while working out today is that I realized I wasn't really watching her on Monday because it was hard to look at the tv and be in the proper place, so maybe I was going too fast or something. That slow work really is a doozy! I've been wearing my HRM just to see what happens, and my heart rate really spikes doing the "extreme" sections -- even just three pushups done really slowly today made it go way up.

For those who might have missed my post last night, I mentioned that she has you do some of the work with a "thigh-toner band" around your ankles -- firewalker style, but looser, because you're doing speed skates and jumping jacks, for instance. I think that was what made me twitch last night. :)

Oh, the only other comment I was going to make is that the CLX stretches are way too short, so I always tack on a Cathe stretch -- I'm really going to love the extended stretches in STS!!! Also, and you may have read this already, her warmups are the same every time (on Burn anyway), and that gets a little dull. Oh, the workout yesterday was called Burn Intervals, not Burn Circuits. Sorry if I caused confusion. Ok, enough about CLX already!!!

I'm very glad it's Friday -- Chris, I know you're not! This week did go by very quickly at least!

have a good one!

-Beth

Hi Vilma, Beth & all to follow today...

Yes, it's Friday. I've renamed TGIF to OSIF (Oh S&#$ it's Friday!)... :p Here's my whine of the day. This weekend is my youngest son's Sunday CCD, so I have to look forward to staying up 30 hours Saturday - Sunday, sleeping about 4 and 1/2 hours, and going back to work overnight Sunday. And I have my "period" to boot. Which involves NO crankiness, NO cravings, NO cramps, NO "flow", ... but extreme fatigue!! :confused::confused: THAT should be so nice for the weekend as well.... Whine over.

I actually woke up feeling great this morning. I did FF's Rotation workout: PS Legs & Abs. About 3/4's of the way through, fatigue HIT me like a ton of bricks. Ick. Ack. Yuck. I feel like doggy-doo now. A vague tired headache and feeling like I just want to curl up in a ball. OH.. And I used my 10 LB Vest for the PS Leg work! FELT IT BIG TIME! Why I did that , I must be crazy. My legs will probably be killing me tomorrow, along with the fatigue! :eek:

Vilma: Have fun with your KB's today! .. I'm sorry your hubby got in the way of your WO yesterday, but it WAS supposed to be your rest day, silly girl! MY DH knows not to mess with my workout time.. LOL!!

Beth: I did read your post from last night. That leg workout sounds VERY cool! I love band stuff. Kind of reminds me of B&G's leg work ... that workout is always changing things up, and something always gets 'in there' and gives me major DOMS. So, so far, would you say you are happy with CLX? And it's worth it? Is the motivational tape any good? And the book that comes with it? I read that the recipes are great.. what do YOU think?

Okay, so instead of curling up in a ball on the couch, I'm off to the grocery store so I can get some stuff for White Chili for the crockpot, SO , I can take the boys to the Children's Museum after school.... Plus laundry and cleaning. No rest for the weary.....

Hi ladies! Happy Friday!

Chris, from last night...if you want to try Amy's workouts, you might want to start with either Hi/Lo Dome Challenge (the one I did yesterday) or Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout. Both are fun and the choreograpy's not too bad. You can see pretty long clips on her web site which is www.nrgfitness.net. You can either buy there or from www.totalfitnessdvds.com. Her strength work is really good too.

Beth, so glad to hear your legs are twitching!! ;) Gives me hope for mine! I did see her using that band, looks tough. The same warmup would get a bit old. Maybe I'll do Turbo Jam warmups if I get tired of it. I'm off to buy my 20lb DBs this weekend so I can start Monday! How heavy have you gone? I have one 25 DB - DH bought it some time ago, not sure why he just got one! Do you think I'll need a 25, too?

Vilma, yea, I know that man, too! They do need their attention. ;) That's OK, you needed a rest day, right?!

Thanks for the good wishes for today. I'm at work, I was thinking last night that I should have taken the day off. But, the purpose of today is to see how my mom will handle it on her own and to have the PT's come in and evaluate him in his own environment. Also, a potential caregiver is coming to evaluate him and give their opinion on what he'll need. DH picked him up and will stay through the morning until the evaluations are done. Then he's just a phone call away. We were talking about other options - like building an apartment over our garage, or some type of addition and my mom and dad would move in. The problem is we can't afford it and the only way we could do it is if my parents sold their house and we used the money for the addition. I know my mom would never want that. They just moved into this house about a year and a half ago and she loves it. I was up last night worrying about all of this. UGH!

Well, back to workouts!! I tried KCM's Bootcamp again and liked it more this time. I only did the first 30 minutes, though. I had an awakening this morning. Tried on a few pair of pants that fit a few weeks ago and they were way tight. OK, no more denial. I have to stop with the sweets. Oh, I have to say, though, I love my kids!! Last night I was watching my DVR'd Biggest Loser and Jameson said, "mom, why do you watch this stuff?" I said, "I don't know, I just find it interesting." He said, "you don't have to worry about how you look, you are beautiful." Awwww - almost made me cry!

Chris, we were posting at the same time....had to laugh at your OSIF!! Seriously, that does sound tough. My "friend" arrived today, too. Oh, yippee ;(

BBL...

Joanne

Last edited:
Joanne, what your son said is so sweet!!! I have been able to get those sweets out of my system this week, thankfully. I did start writing down everything I eat (again), which helps, and I've just tried to be a parent about it -- you know? You wouldn't let your kids eat that way, right? So, just tell yourself you shouldn't do it. I am feeling better, once I got past those withdrawal headaches!

Yes, I do think you might want a set of 25# dumb bells. I had a single prior to a week ago, and I used it for rows, but since Chalene has you doing rows with two, you'll probably want a match. Well, you could use your barbell -- I did at one point. I'm wondering if using my barbell on her chest press might be smart, too -- I feel like I can go heavier with the barbell somehow -- does anyone else feel that?

Chris, I haven't tried any of the recipes yet! Some do look good, but I'm dealing with pretty picky people in my house, so I have to introduce new recipes slowly (one or two a week is the most!). And yes, I do think CLX is probably worth the money. Maybe if I owned S&H I might not think that way, but it's definitely new stuff for me. The other thing that's cool about it is that even though the upper body stuff is done as a split, she has you work your legs every workout, and I think we could all use that!

I liked your OSIF, too. Good luck getting through work and the CCD!

-Beth

Hey guys, not a long post -- I've been MIA because my right hand has been acting up again and I don't want to aggravate it to a potential RSI. But I must say to Chris, I definitely have said to myself OSIS, OSIM, OSIT, OSIW, OSIT, OSIF, and again OSIS! LOL. Hope you get through it all. Wednesday I did a run and did GS:BSB with DH, yesterday I ended up doing Imax2 again becase a friend called and we talked for 4 HOURS and I really wanted to make sure I did mroe that 40+ and it was on Cathe's rotation. Most likely, I'll do a light long run/walk at the school gym and do GS:C&T with DH tonight. Best to all!

Just getting back home now and I have a massive headache/possible migraine coming on. Not good, not good at all as I still need to run back out later on and get a present for a birthday party DD is going to tonight at 7. It's actually a sleepover but since we don't know the family well enough and dd is still having issues w/ her breathing I'll be picking her up late in the evening.

That does not mean I will skip my workout for today, it only means I am going to do it when I feel somewhat human:confused: I to have some food in my belly, pop me some Excedrin and thaw myself out ;)

I went and saw my doc and someone came in with heart issues I'm thinking or something and I guess they took him across the street to the ER so that held back everyone's appts. There was lots of commotion going on in the back. Heh as long as I got seen right? Good thing I always keep my book with me.

So I told doc about the eye dryness and he switched me to another med. now I'm waiting for my eye doctor's office to call me back before I get this prescription filled. I hate all these side effects this new med seems to have:( and I just want to make sure it won't fuss with my eyes too much. I honestly would not mind being a bit hyper if I could not bother w/ this med.

Chris sorry about your icky feeling today - I actually feel that way myself ATM but hoping later on in the day I will feel better if not I'll take a Zipfizz to get my butt in gear to workout later on.

Beth You are almost making me jump on that CLX bandwagon :rolleyes::mad: although it'll need to wait until after we get our heating/air unit's air compressor replaced - I had a hissy fit when my dh told me how much we'll need to pay UGH! Hopefully soon as the unit keeps shutting off on us regulary now and its not a biggy to switch the fuse back on but it is annoying.

Yeah my hubby was acting silly in front of the tv yesterday as I tried to do SqS lol I couldn't focus as he was being such a nut.:p

Joanne I'm hoping things are ok at your folks place. It's for better or for worse right? I pray it goes well for your mom & dad today big hugs to you & your family. Its amazing how an illness takes it all on the netire family.

Hottie
you take care of your hand. I had to laugh at all your 'OSI_' too funny.

I honestly don't think I'll be getting back online today once I log off so I hope you all have a good day.

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.