Jan. 09 Check In *** Thurs. 8th ***

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Scheduled rest day for me but I may do something like SqS & continue w/ my 200 swings.

Just getting us started.

Hope all have a great day.

Plan to BBL and hopefully when I post personals I won't lose it. I just never had the energy to do them all over yesterday :confused: :eek: :)

picture.php

Good Morning, Vilma! And all to follow...

coffeebath.gif

Hubby was off last night, so i was SUPPOSED to sleep well, but I didn't. And then of course, my alarm goes off at 5:45am, and I finally fall asleep and sleep until 6:20! :eek:

Needless to say, my head is foggy and I'm not so up for 60 Minutes of cardio today, but I'll do it! Don't really want to do Step Blast again, so I'll look through Cathe's cardios and pick a step workout. Maybe an "oldie" (but new to me) from Cardio Hits..?!?!?!

BBL!!

Good morning! Yeah, Vilma, Squeeze Stronger sounds like a good rest.... not! :D

Chris, sorry to hear about your night -- I hate that sort of thing!! Hope you figured out a fun cardio -- sometimes I use netflix in that situation (hard to do at a moment's notice I know). How's that snow and ice situation?

Ok, I don't know if I'm exactly eating my words this morning, but..... I really felt worked by CLX this morning! Both when I first got out of bed -- my legs were sore -- and the burn circuits, I think it's called, workout. It's basically a boot camp style circuit workout where you alternate a minute or two of tough (think HIIT) cardio with a couple of minutes of some 5 lb. weight work (she went through biceps, shoulders, triceps, back (funny to do a one-arm row with a 5# after all the heavy stuff), legs, even some abs, but I don't recall chest). It was 45 minutes and I burned 353 calories, I think it was. Seemed like it should have been more! :)
The rotation called for 10 minutes of abs after, but I feel pressed for time so I'll see if I can squeeze it in later. Oh, speaking of squeeze, there were a couple of moves that reminded me of sqeeze stronger -- the biceps, and then she had us do the kayak figure 8 for abs, though it was standing instead of on the floor. (for you Tracy fans).

Oh, Joanne, I meant to tell you -- the shots of the camera guy to me scream "bad production done in a hurry!". I think it looks really unprofessional, but maybe they thought they could pull off "hip". I don't like it, but I try to ignore it.

Hope you all have a great day -- Thursdays are my really crazy days so I may not be back.

-Beth

Hi all!

Chris (from yesterday), too funny about your 105-year-old patient with her 80-year-old daughter. Let's see, when I'm 105 (yea, right!), Jameson would be 71. Thanks for the hugs yesterday. ;) My dad comes home for the day tomorrow - I'm a bit nervous about it. Mostly cause my mom will see how difficult it will be and that will be hard for her. I think she's in a bit of denial now. Did your kids go back to school today? An old cardio sounds fun.

Beth, so glad to hear your feeling CLX today! That burn circuit workout did look fun. Yea, I think they're trying to look "hip" with the cameraman, but I think it just looks weird.

OK, Vilma, SqS and 200 swings on a rest day? I kind of forget how tough SqS is until I'm into it. Love it, though.

Today was Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome, really fun cardio. Then I did the abs from SqS.

BBL...

Joanne

Hey Again...

So I picked PowerMax from Cardio Hits to do! I'd never done this workout before... It was definitely an easier cardio, but that might have been what I needed! My comments: 1. OMG..those OUTFITS! The string up the asscrack made me laugh!, Was that really the style? 2. Cathe kept saying "that's HOT" and going "wooo!". Too funny! 3. I LOVED the music... "Wild Thing"...I have that CD from years ago!

I really enjoyed it though. And there was only one move that I kept ended up the wrong way!

Vilma: Yeah, that's right, what the heck kind of rest is that anyways? LOL!! you are too funny!

Joanne
: I hope all goes well tomorrow. And things work out as they should. Is your dad JUST coming home for the day and then going back? Good cardio workout today! It was fun? I'm going to need a few "fun" cardios for when I do STS.

Beth: YAY! for feeling DOMS from CLX! LOL! It works!!! They sound like great workouts, though. That Burn Circuit sounds VERY intriguing!! the ab work sounds like Turbo Jam's Abs. Hope Thursday goes ok for you, beth!

Off to get a new can opener and do some groceries....

Chris, you crack me up. LOL on the "asscrack"! I know, do we really need to see a complete silhoutte of their butt cheeks? :) The "that's hot" comments from Cathe are funny. PowerMax was one of the first Cathe's I ever did. Took me so long to learn it and build up the endurance to do it all. Now, it's much easier! Yea, my dad is just coming home for the day. It's so he can be evaluated at home to see how he'll do (and my mom) and to try to gauge how much care he'll need. They keep telling my mom he'll need at least 12 hours a day and she keeps saying things are different at home. So, this is kind of a test to see how it goes. Yea, Amy cardios are really fun. Do you have any? I don't like hi/lo, but hers is good. Her step is a bit beyond me, but I'm determined to learn it someday! Happy can opener hunting!

Off to a meeting....yuck!

HI ladies...

Chris: Too funny..Yes, can you believe that was the style. I remember going to aerobics classes wearing those. Yikes!! I like that workout too..

Joanne: I enjoy Amy's stuff once I learn it!! Enjoy your dad's homecoming. Hope it goes well for ya...

HI VIlma and everyone else..

Checking in today with segment 3 of Coremax and Gym Style legs...I will be sore tomorrow. My chest is feeling yesterday's GS: chest & triceps too...Tomorrow I start the 4 day split series.

Hey Again!...

It's homework time, so I get to sit and "supervise" ... Woo hoo!

It's amazing how better behaved the boys are now that they went back to school. Weird. They must whip them or something!??!?

Joanne: I will be thinking good thoughts for your dad and mom tomorrow. Do you have to go to work? .. No, I don't have ANY Amy workouts. Would you suggest the Hi/Lo one for a "newbie" to her and her workouts? And where's the best place to buy it? .. LOL, I was shocked at the "butt floss" outfits! Cathe has come a LONG way on their outfits AND their sound production. But, I really DID enjoy it and will do it again! (Wild Thang... bump ump ump pump)...

Kathy: Did you really wear those? You go, girl! I used to go with my buddies to Figures & Fitness in the 80's. I was chicken and wore sweats and shorts! but the leaders wore those tights. Kind of funny!... I remember being on all 4's and doing "hydrants". Those KILLED! You did GS this week? Yep! Definite DOMS from THOSE workouts!

Hey, did you guys see the Cathe update on STS?? Omg..Cathe TV! woo hoo! I'm so stoked that Cathe will be doing STS too...!!!

I may be too late for you non-west-coasters......

yes, it's very cool that Cathe is doing STS along with everyone. One thing I would have loved to ask her the other day when she was answering questions is whether or not she's seen FF's crazy rotations and what she thinks of them. She probably would have had a very nice PC answer.

Oh my gosh my legs are killing me! I need to roll my hamstrings. One thing I meant to tell you guys is that in this burn circuits workout for a few things she has you wear a band around your ankles -- like firewalkers, but looser, because she has you doing speed skates with them, and jumping jacks. I think that's part of why the soreness is setting in!!!

Yes, Joanne, I hope all goes well tomorrow. Let us know.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.