It's a Whittling Wednesday MELTERS!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Just getting us started..I did the biceps & triceps from 4DS, will be back in a bit....

Deb:)

Hi,

How is everyone today? I am sure Shelly and Robin are posting now too. We seem to post over each other most days!

Shelly:
Hey morning partner! Where are you? did you get your run in last night?

Jennifer:
Did you end up doing KPC? Too bad about the flea market not being there. Don;t you hate when you are looking forward to something and it doesn't happen?

Shannon:
It's nice to be caught up at work! Less stress and pressure. However it makes the day go by slower. I have never been bitten by a tick, I don;t think I have ever seen one!

Tneah:
I know you are missing your DH, but the time will fly by! WRiting sounds like a good thing to do while he is away.. (besides working out!).."No comment" on the MJ news...will that mean you will have reporters and "groupies" hanging around the street?..Believe it or not, I had to Google Steve Wynn to find out who he was..I am so out of touch! I read the post on the OD..very sad, I hope she has some support to turn to.

Leanne:
Oh NO! Why you? .talk about ruining your summer vacationx(

Kara:
Nice that you spoke with Colin and he is doing ok. Yes, it's nice having someone to count on for "bad hair" days. We pick up Keegan June 5-7. Those KB workouts sound tough! I have to keep myself from looking into those because I told myself I would not get any more workouts until after STS and all the stuff you have to get for that one!

Robin:
I bet you are counting the days until you go on that hiking trip!

Lainie:
I can't believe you are getting such hot weather! We are lucky to be seeing 60 degrees here. It was supposed to go down to 38 last night! Cute shoes!

New pic of Keegan:...he is the one facing this way! ( I hope this works!)

http://afterallwirefoxterriers.com/KeeganSheaPlay.JPG

Deb:7

Morning Deb!

I'm here, I'm here! I've been giving myself permission to sleep in this week.

I went for my run last night and Sophie came with me on her bike! It was great. We went on the trail through the woods, then I pushed her bike up those *&$&# stairs! They have it set up so there is a kind of trough going up the side of the stairs for people with bikes and you just put your bike in it and push. Lemme tell ya, that's a great workout for your legs and butt!

You must be getting so excited about picking up the new puppy! The lady across the street from us has an 8 week old Bernese Mountain Dog and man, is he ever cute! His name is Wilson.

Off to check yesterday's thread. I'm not in a very good mood today.

Hello Melters.

Aunt Flo arrived without calling ahead again this month,it explains my moodiness lately. Tonight, I'm going to workout with KPC. Thurs night, I must get ready for an important call on my lunch hour, which could change my life. Asking for prayers on this please. Thank You.

At work, I realized (partially due to PMS) that I was getting upset about something that's not worth it. Plus, they laid someone off who I felt was my only allie left. Work has been too slow lately.

Looking forward to the weekend, might travel south again.

Good morning, everyone!

I have to be back at the courthouse at 9:15 this morning, so I just had a small bite to eat so I can start Imax 3 in a few minutes. I was supposed to go in today to get my body fat tested, so I'll have to call when they open to re-schedule. (I tried calling when I got home last night, but they were closed.) The case I'm on is a shoplifting case that is such a waste -- the man admitted to stealing these pants when it happened, but now his lawyer says that there were "inconsistencies" in the police report. Hmm. I'm not a happy camper. Sorry to grumble so much!

Deb -- Oh, Keegan is just so adorable! You must be getting so excited about getting so close to picking him up. Did you say that you and DH were driving to go get him? Glad that you're liking your new haircut better! Did you decide on using the kinder trap for the bunnies?

Robin -- Are you starting to get ready for your trip? Is your back feeling better today? Hope you can not overdo it at work today. And I agree with Kara that your posts are far from boring! Glad that the visit with SIL wasn't too awful this time.

Kara -- I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better and that Colin is also liking his program and his roommate! Thanks, too, for all the great info on the KB's. The KB Way DVD came yesterday, so I'm planning on using it on Saturday! I can't wait!

Jennifer -- Good luck today with all that's going on! Sorry that Aunt Flo is affecting your mood so much.

Lainie -- Both of those shoes are just adorable! I think you actually need to get the other pair, too!}( That's awesome that the new Tracey workout burns so many calories. Did you see that Amy B. is going t be pre-selling a boxing workout this Sunday, along with her ASC3? I may have to get both.

Tneah -- How are things going with Mitch gone? Are you getting a lot of work done? And when can you get into the dentist? You poor thing! Did you start Water for Elephants last night? I read it last year and really enjoyed it!

Shelley -- Glad you're still enjoying your week off. The bike ride/run with Sophie yesterday sounded fantastic!

Shannon -- Is work still going well? Hope it's not too crazy after your vacation.

I was going to try a new yoga class today while Ewan is in school, but I feel awful so I'm staying home. I got a sunburn yesterday at the dermatologist's office when I had light therapy done (I know Leanne already read this in the Open forum; it's also on my blog) and it is pretty painful. I didn't want to be sticking to my yoga mat in painful ways for an hour and a half. I am eager to try a class again soon, though. I'm also rather sore from doing Circuit Zone yesterday--especially my biceps and triceps. I guess I finally bumped up the weights heavy enough for the bi's to feel it.

I want to do some personals, but I'm worn out. I didn't sleep well last night either. I think I might take a little quick nap while Ewan is at school. If I do it intentionally I'll be able to set an alarm and still pick him up on time. If I just accidentally fall asleep here on the couch there's no telling how long I'll be out.

BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Morning, Melters. Whew. We're a cheery bunch! :p

Deb - oooohhhh, a puppy picture!!! Keegan is so dang cute! Wow. You've never even seen a tick? Aren't you lucky! Where is it you live? Maybe I should move there. :7

Shelley - wow, what a workout, pushing that bike. I know how steep that incline is! I'm glad Sophie got to go with you.

Jennifer - a life-changing phone call???? Sounds a bit nerve-wracking. I hope it's a good change!

Leanne - I'm sorry you have to deal with such an idiotic case. What a pain. And a waste of jurors' time, and taxpayers' money... Grrrr.

Lanie - I hope your sunburn fades fast. Do you have any cream to soothe the burn?

Last night I had a good upper body workout, just doing my own routine. I can lift at my own pace, which usually means I can lift heavier! :7 So much for being caught up at work.... my goodness. I got a rather icky job to do, which is the outcome of some meetings I was in before vacation. I knew it was coming, but now it's HEEEERE! Job security, right? I'd better get moving on it right now! See ya later!

Morning all.

Deb, that Keegan is such a cutie! I hope his move into your household goes nice and smoothly.

Shelley, sorry to hear you aren't in a good mood today, but glad you slept in. The run/bike ride sounds great. I keep thinking about getting out my running shoes and giving it a whirl, but then I chicken out. Maybe after vacation.

Jennifer, prayers and good luck with your phone call.

Leanne, bummer about the jury duty. Maybe they will settle before the trial starts. I was picked for a jury only to have the defendent change his plea to guilty at the last minute. I really need to start doing some serious packing. I have some stuff piled up, but nothing really organized. My sister got the packages of boots and toiletries we shipped her, so we won't have to fuss with a checked bag. I was worried that with two flight changes on the way out, our bag would get lost and never catch up with us. I also got an email from my niece. My SIL and her DH will be flying up in October to make a trip to the Finger Lakes with us. My niece will drive up that same weekend, but she will stay the whole week. She is a great help with Greyor, so that will be a good thing.

Lainie, sorry to hear about your sunburn. Did they tell you that would happen? Seems like a funny treatment from a dermatologist.

Shannon, yucko on the icky job. Good for you doing your own routine. I've tried lifting on my own, but I always get bored or lose count.

Howdy out to Kara and Tneah. What's up today?

My grandson's babysitter up and quit yesterday. DD will be making lots of phone calls today, trying to track down someone willing and able to sit with a special needs child. If she can't find anyone right now, DH will sit over the summer. (Talk about screwing up your summer, huh Leanne?) Wish us luck. I was so blessed when I had Tristan. A woman from church volunteered to babysit. She and her family are now closer to us then real family. Unfortunately, she now has a full time job out of the home.

Oh, Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about the babysitting situation! I imagine that it's really hard to find someone who will understand how to work with Greyor and his needs. I hope you and DD can find someone soon, and that DH doesn't mind helping in the meantime! How great that the packages you sent arrived already, too, so you don't have to worry about your luggage on Sunday. It's always nice when there's one less thing to worry about while traveling!

Shannon -- We sure are a bunch of complainers today, huh?! Sorry to hear about that icky work coming up. Hopefully it won't be too bad!

Lainie -- Yes, you should definitely take a nap and rest and not do your workout today! You poor thing! Did you get any good suggestions in the Open Forum for ways to soothe your skin? The only thing I usually do is use aloe, but you said that that's not helping too much. Just take it easy today!

Gotta hop in the shower and get moving. Imax 3 kicked my tush this morning! Our toaster caught on fire on Monday (exciting stuff!) and so I couldn't have my usual pre-workout snack since our new toaster won't arrive until tomorrow.

I'll check in tonight, and hope you all have great days!:)

Hi All! I have descended into the pit of painting hell, so I will catch up later, K? I hope everything is going well!

Leanne--oh no, you deserve a break! I hope it is over soon!

Robin--I am so sorry about Greyor's sitter. I ran my own daycare for 8 years and know the struggles parents face to find stable, good care. I will pray that DD finds one soon. :)

Lainie--I hope your skin feels better soon!

I will be back!

Kara :)

Hey All

Well I finally get my permanent crowns today. :) I am still feeling bloaty--I might have to try using some extra fiber or something--TMI?:p
Today is cardio only, but if I feel up to it might go to the gym for a hard leg workout. I feel like I am slipping physically....I don't know, maybe I am not, but I feel like there have been too many dietary slip ups the last two weeks.;( Once you get off track, its hard to get back on, so well, you know how that goes. I need to revisit my resolve.

Deb, Keegan is darling! And the whole Michael J. thing is just plain weird to me. I have no idea if he is actually going to live there, or what is happening. Our neighborhood is really quiet now, and hope it stays that way, the more people you attract, the more chance for break-ins and mischief.:)

Shannon, yep, we are all kinda grumpy pants today huh? Glad you loved your workout, it is nice taking your time and really getting into it!

Robin, Its great your DH is willing to sit with Greyor, he sounds like such a nice guy.:) And yes, it was super smart to ship stuff ahead, one less worry, when are you all going?

Shelley, ouch on that hilly workout! I did the itrain 45 minute "tush" with Grace last night, it actually wasn't too bad, it kept me interested.

Leanne, oh no! Hopefully that thieving fool will settle before this nonsense goes to trial, I am mad for you, having to spend any time at all on that foolishness!

Lainie, you poor thing. I know that maybe taking very cold washcloths, wet them, put them in the freezer, then place on burnt parts, will help lessen the pain.

Jennifer, my thoughts are with you today, hope everything turns out!

Hello to Kara this morning.

Well, phooey, will try and get back into my groove today...I am kinda upset after the teeth ordeal, trying to get used to the new meds, all those things sound minor, but can effect your moods and how you eat, and everything. I even drank wine last night, which is something I DO NOT want to get back into-the nightly ritual I used to do, so yeah, I am kicking my own arse right now.

BBL to see how everyone is faring today! :7

I'm doing the happy dance for Tneah's mouth full of teeth!

My hair is cut, dinner is cooked, eaten and washed up. In the Ring is kickboxed. Tomorrow's lunch is packed. All the plants are covered in case we get frost tonight. I'm almost ready to head to bed with a book. If you get a chance to read anything by Cecil Rivenbark, do. Funny essays. Right now I'm reading Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like a Skank. Tomorrow is my last day of work before vacation. Yippee!

Yeah Robin!:7 Yes, I do have teeth now!;) And they are fabulously beautiful!:7 :7 I am so happy I could cry that drama is over with.

Sounds like you had a productive day, don't you love days like that? That book you are reading sounds right up my alley!:p

Let me see, I just slept for two hours.:eek: Think that thyroid medication might be doing the opposite to me, I am getting pretty angry about it, will call again tomorrow and talk to the doctor about it. I was feeling fine on the first stuff I was taking, but this newer, higher dose seems to be making me so tired. Is that even possible? I thought it would jack you up instead. Maybe its causing my constipation too? TMI right?

Anyway, DH is not coming home tonight, so hopefully tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great evening.:) Talk at ya later gators...

OK, just talked to DH about the thyroid deal. He says these "anti-aging" doctors are basically quacks, and now that I have screwed around with my hormones, I need to see a board certified endrocrinolgist.I spelled that wrong huh? Oh boy. Why is it I insist on screwing myself up with silly stuff? :) DH is a smart man, glad I married him, I need someone to look out for me sometimes, because I tend to make bad choices when it comes to my body and stuff, I need to change that and then leave well enough alone right?...So will make an appointment tomorrow.

Just had to talk about it because its been really bugging me, this lack of energy this week, and feeling so down and spacey, I mean you know when something is "just not right" inside your body. Thanks for listening everyone.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.