++It's Finally Friday MELTERS!++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just got back up from doing PUB, shoulders, triceps & biceps..my arms are still shaking..I can hardly type!

BB in a bit

Deb

Hi, I'm back,

I am sure I will be posting the same time as Shelly and Robin. It seems to happen every morning!

Shelly:
Good job on the 5 miles yesterday morning!

Robin:
I forgot where you live.:+ Is it close to Cathe's gym? How crass is that? making sure everyone knows you have an airplane?

Jennifer:
I will most definitely post pics of the puppy when we get him. I like cats but am allergic and since we have a parrot, they are kind of forbidden around here!

Shannon:
I am sure your hair is beautiful! Is it naturally curly? I too am a weight junkie! Cardio is a necessary evil.}( Cudos on the eliptical workout! You can use your Cathe calendar as a log..

Tneah:
I do lower body because I do have one of those flabby wide butts! I think it's the Italian heritage... my Mom, and aunts all had the same thing! LOL.. it certainly did not come from my Dad's side..he's as skinny as a rail. 2 Newfies would be so much fun! Get one asap! Tell DH that Georgie needs a friend! I like the first hot pink dress!

Lainie:
Sending you "Good Luck" vibes on getting into the RT. I can't see how people sleep in Satin..it's so cold! Poor Ewan..:(

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Morning Deb and all who follow!

Good grief, I thought Friday would NEVER get here! Just finished up 4DS LIS and matched Cathe on all the weights for shoulders - even the 15s! My shoulders are fairly well-defined, but weak, so that felt good!

I have to run to get in the shower and get the day going, but I'll bbl!!!!

Hello Melters.

I miss working out. Hoping by next wed or sat.

Shelley-Kudos to you on matching Cathe on her weights. Sometimes I can but most of the time, I can't.

My foot is feeling better, a little sore in one spot, but ready to do a little shopping. Tonight, Walmart after work to pick up new sweatsuit and tv converter box. Sat is Dress Barn Day and Meijer.
Sun is traveling north one hour to my nephew's 13th birthday party.

Have a Great Friday.

Good morning melters.

Deb, I live in north central PA. It's about a 3 hour drive to Cathe's gym for me.

Shelley, I can sometimes match Cathe's weight for shoulders on that workout, but can never do triceps of biceps as heavy as she on the 4DS Bootcamp.

Jennifer, glad to hear your foot continues to improve. We have to get a TV converter box too. Makes us mad, because when we bought our new set a year or two ago, we were told it was HD ready. We were lead to believe we were all set for HD, not that the TV was ready for a box to plugged in.

I have a bunch of chores planned for today. I have the hardwood floor partially cleaned. I ran out of cleaner and have to wait till every place I have to visit in town is open before I make a floor cleaner run. I have to make a half a dozen stops, finish the floor, do laundry, pick up DGS and workout. I think DH is taking us out to dinner. Then I think we'll do either First Friday in town, which isn't really very much, or head to church for Game Night. Whoo hoo. Hot time tonight!

Hi everyone. I'm feeling sleepy again this morning. Ewan seems to be feeling better this morning (he was pukey last night--just fyi if you weren't on last night). I'm not sure whether to take him to school or not. It might just be that he had some bad milk or something. Sometimes he hides his sippy cups and if I don't find them he finds them later, so he's been known to drink milk that has been out too long.

I need to get some groceries but don't want to go out and do a big trip, so I might just walk out and get some from the village shop.

OK, just decided I'll keep him home. That also means I won't have to go out again to pick him up at 11:30--so there's no chance I won't make it home in time to register for the RT. That's probably a bit ridiculous considering his school is a 5-minute walk away. Still, I figure the school would probably rather I didn't bring a kid who was vomitous just last night. He does look more like he does in the avatar today rather than how he looked in that pic I posted last night.

Deb, I told Tneah I liked the first hot pink dress, too. So we must have similar taste. :) I love hot pink--it's my favorite color in general and my favorite color to wear, too. I don't even know if I should wear it, but I do. I think I'm a Spring.

Shelley, wow, I'm impressed. If I match Cathe on a workout, it's never on shoulders (except on like LIC where she goes a little lighter). I can sometimes match on back or biceps, if anything.

Jennifer, good luck with all the shopping but don't wear out your foot!

Robin, it's about 2 hours to Cathe's gym from here (I think--haven't driven it yet) so you must be about 5 hours from me. :) Good luck with your Chore Max day!

Tneah, how're the teeth feeling today? I have never had a root canal, but even the name sounds unpleasant enough. My filling the other day was a rather small one so it was done in about a half hour. I really like my dentist here. My favorite dentist was a cute South African in Holland, but of course I had to leave him behind.

Anyone heard from our TK lately? Might have to annoy her on Facebook or something.

OK, I'm off to run errands and hope my kid doesn't puke at the post office.

ETA: Remind me to tell ya'll about how my oldest kid is already obsessive-compulsive. Oy.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Happy Friday, everyone!

Just enjoying my morning cup of coffee and getting caught up with what everyone was up to yesterday. Sounds like a fun day!

I could have sworn that I gained some weight this week since it's been carb-central for me (which is odd since it's not quite pre-Aunt Flo time, which is when I generally go carb crazy), but I'm actually down .4 pounds and some body fat. Yeah! Today I'll be doing Drill Max, which is one of my favorite workouts, as part of my circuit week. I have to do a teeny bit of work today, but then am going to run errands and go to my hair appointment. I've been looking like a drowned rat this week, so it'll be so nice to get the hair done!

Our weekend plans are mellow. DH was supposed to be in a Kung Fu tournament tomorrow, but he sprained his wrist Monday night doing push-hands during a tai chi class, so he's backing out of the tournament. He's not that disappointed at all since he's been feeling a little burned out with Kung Fu after his big push for his black belt a few months ago. Tomorrow night we have play tickets, which will be fun, and hopefully on Sunday we'll get together with family for brunch or dinner.

Deb -- Sounds like you had a killer workout this morning! I'll have to check out that Root Perfect. Thanks for mentioning it! Yes, I think it's true that it's easier to eat cleaner when you're working out so as to not undo all the hard work you're doing. Any more news about when you'll be leaving for Chicago to get the new little one?

Lainie -- How is Ewan doing today? Poor little guy! That photo you posted of him yesterday is just so adorable! Was Isaac OK after having to miss his game? You'll have to tell us about how he's OC! Good luck today with trying for the August RT. I'm sure you'll get in!

Jennifer -- How are you doing today? How's that ankle? You must NOT work out tomorrow, no matter how much better you think you're feeling, OK? How are your sinuses today? Mine are also always awful when it rains. Sounds like you have some fun weekend plans!

Robin -- How exciting that you'll be able to go to Cathe's class that Friday morning of the RT! I'm so happy for you. Oh, your dinner and the bottle of Asti sounded wonderful!

Shelley -- ^^^5's on that run yesterday, and WTG on matching Cathe's weights today! That's just awesome! I always get side cramps and feel like I'm going to die during the hi/lo section of MIC, too! What is it about that workout?!

Tneah -- Good luck at the dentist today! Is all that root canal stuff almost over? Those dresses you posted yesterday are all just gorgeous. Which one is the lilac one you really like? Those maxi-dresses are really in style right now and would look wonderful for the wedding! Now I think you do need to talk to DH about getting one; after all, *he's* the one who doesn't want you to wear that VS dress, so he needs to realize that one of those fabulous dresses would be perfect, right?!

Shannon -- Great news that you set a distance record on the elliptical the other day!;-)

Hi to Emily and TK in case you stop by!

Good Mornin' All!

Deb, Way to go with that workout, I will never understand how you all can do cardio that early, let alone lift weights.:eek: My body isn't ready for the iron that early. Cardio, I can do, weights? Heck no. Thanks for the dress advice. I love that one too, I just am not little in the chest, so that particular style will make me look like a linebacker with big boobs.:)

Lainie, your post made me smile this morning, you are so funny. Sippy cups? I have heard the name. and think it sounds so cute. I want a sippy cup!:7 Glad little Ewan is feeling better and good luck on your RT sign up today. And yes, please do share, would love to hear about Isaacs obsessive/compulsive behavior...oh dear, not already?:eek:

Robin, have fun with the floors, at least you do not have to do the manual labor right? And I think Game night sounds like fun! What sort of games do you all play? I used to teach vacation bible school in our church, it was awesome. My favorite story was always about queen Esther.:) Moses was pretty cool too, but Esther? Wow.I have actually read the Good Book all the way through twice, a little known fact about Tneah this morning.

Shelley, you are having a strong week huh? Doesn't that feel great? I bet you have great looking shoulders, that is one bodypart I love to work, because the results look so nice don't they?

Jennifer, sounds like you have a very busy weekend planned. I love Wal Mart, although the one closet to where I live is more like "in the hood' Wal Mart, you seriously have to watch your purse while shopping in that store!

Leanne, good to see you chica! Ok, no more melting lady, you are already a size zero, where do you go from there? I am worried you will disappear and I will never have to chance to meet you face to face! But congrats anyway!
Glad your work load is light today, I agree about the maxi dresses, they appeal to the hippie in me, I have three cheaper ones I got from Victorias Secret, I love how you can dress them up or down. Hum, maybe one of those would work for the rehearsal dinner...as you can see, I am still obsessing. Thank goodness I have another month! How in the world did your DH sprain his hand during Tai Chi? Its such a gentle form of martial arts? Poor baby, ouch!

Who did I miss, Shannon? Whats shakin' Shannon?

My mouth still hurts, when the painkiller wears off, yeah it hurts. WTH? The dentist said something about the ligaments being stressed and all, plus I had two root canals done, so I have double the grief happening.:7 Oh well.
DH screwed up his back really bad, we were supposed to go to SD on Saturday for only one week, but the drive will be too painful if it does not get any better by then. Plus he will not see a doctor, nor will he take anything but aspirin for anything! He is weird like that. Its a muscle strain that happens three times a year when he twists wrong.

Today is my last weight workout, shoulders/abs...yeah! I have been sore all week after taking time off last week, nice feeling. Oh, and I sorta "cheated" yesterday with some fat free/sugar free ice cream yesterday...it was the only thing I could eat and I wanted a comfort food after all that dental work. It was yummy.:)

BBL to see how the day is treating everyone...

*JumpSnap Update and Review*

It sucks!!x( What a gimmicky piece of crap I just wasted money on. I am sorry, I hated it. Just did the 8 minute workout, and was so "rattled" and bored I could cry. I know others might have given it rave reviews, but I hated it. Will not be using it again. What a waste. Oh well, you live and you learn.
Its like jumping up and down forever...not good for my knees or hips plus it hurts my boobies, and the exercise video is boring. Plus, I could not coordinate my "jump rope" thingys so I felt I was flailing my hands about in a very strange way. And then it said I burned over 200 calories in 8 minutes...give me a break,that isn't possible at all, really its not. Plus the handles make a funny noise.

This is why I love my Cathe, Billy Blanks and Spinervals...straight forward hard a** work with no silly gimmicks.;) I know, I am very "old school" when it comes to my workouts. Now I am off to copycat Shelley with LIC and shoulders!:)

Yeah Lainie, yeah Lainie!!:7 :7 I am getting all sad thinking about it, wanting to be part of the fun...but am happy for you and Shelley, and Robin, going to the class Friday am!

Lainie - I'm so glad you got into August. I wish I was going to August now. So many people I know are going. Oh well. I know July will be a blast as well.

Tneah - sorry about Jumpsnap. Funny, I was just thinking about that this morning, because I know a bunch of people got it but we haven't really heard anything since.

Leanne - sounds like you have a good weekend ahead. Enjoy your play and brunch. Sorry to hear about DH's sprained wrist.

Robin - Game night DOES sound fun! I'm getting there on biceps, but I'm pretty sure Cathe uses a 35 or something for extensions on 4DS and there's no way. Not yet anyway.

Jennifer - sounds like you're gonna be a shopping maniac this weekend!

Hi all. I'm all done with the floor and 4DS LIS. Of course, after boasting to Shelley about keeping up with Cathe on shoulders, I couldn't. I had to drop down on the concentration presses.

Congratulations to Lainie on the RT. You'll have a great time.

Tneah, I'm sorry you still have pain in your mouth. And about your DH's back. I had to laugh at your review of jump snap. I'll admit, it never appealed to me. I tried just jumping rope one weekend when I was a guest somewhere I couldn't step or run. You are right - high, painful impact and boring.

Leanne, your weekend sounds nice. What play are you seeing? I have to work, so nothing is planned.

For game night, folks just bring their favorite board game and a snack. I picked up some blue corn chips and Pirates Booty while I was in town.

Hey, all!

Lainie -- Hooray for the RT! I so wish I could go, too, but I'm so excited for all of you who can make it!

Robin -- Mmm . . . I love Pirate's Booty! We're seeing a one-man play about Beethoven. I can't remember the exact name of it, but the same writer/star of it did a on-man play last year about Gerswhin (sp?) that was fantastic. Are your DD and DH winding down the school year? Have fun at game night!

Tneah -- Oh, thanks for the review of the Jump Snap! I like the old school workouts, too, and this definitely seemed too gimicky. Sorry that your mouth is still hurting you, chica! Definitely eat some more of that ice cream -- after all, there are no calories when it's for medicinal purposes!;-) It's one of the number one food rules, I swear! Is DH doing any better with his back? I hope it doesn't mess up your travel plans. Well, my DH hurt his wrist doing push hands, which is where you try to knock another person off balance. It's not very traditional tai chi, I guess!

Shelley -- You'll have such a fab time in July!! You really will!!

Alright, just finished my protein shake, so I'm off to jump in the shower and then to my hair appt. Have wonderful afternoons!:)

OMG! My wonderful DH told me to see if there are still spots on the August RT -- and I just got in!! Yeah!!! Lainie, you're going in August, right?? I'm soooo excited that I'm bouncing off the walls right now!!

OMG!!! Leanne is going on the Road Trip!!:7 :7 Congrats honey! I am really excited for all of you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.