!i!i! Kettlebells ! Thursday !i!i!

back again!:)

Here's today's workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

much happier with it than yesterday, but for some reason I thought it said 5X2 sets, and it actually said 5X2-5 sets, so I'm bummed I didn't do more....although the 5X5 was not happening:p;)!!...but I could have done 5X3. My whole body was under tension with this exercise!!:eek: Amazing! Also, I used my opposite hand - not to help lift, but to steady the bell if needed.....I was worried about dropping the 20kg on my head!!LOL

Rhonda::: Thanks! I have let the school nurse know and she let his teachers know. The surprising thing is she was surprised I called!!!:eek: She said the school doesn't know what half the kids are taking!!! I thought that was horrible!!!..... the thought of NOT calling, never crossed my mind! Coke is not an option, since he also has the H component, and Coke would make that worse!! LOL;) Hope you are not too sore today!!

Melissa::: How is your grandpa!!!?What did you end up doing today for your variety day?

Jane::: Hope all is well with you! and that you and your family are well....

waves to Gayle, Marcy and Nita!!!:):)

Have a great Thursday!!

Good morning!

Deanie - Nice workout! I'm glad you felt better today. :) You're definitely right for checking into the side effects on meds.

Marcy - Edward Scissorhands!!! I was watching Johnny Weir and thinking he reminded me of someone but couldn't quite place it, and that was it! It was making me nuts. :p

Nita - Are you still playing in the snow? I was LOL at your DH's DOMS, but I know exactly what he's talking about with the e-brake. :p

Melissa - Great workout yesterday. I'm sending prayers for grandpa, and you and your family. {{{HUGS}}} Good luck to DD on her Kenya project.

Rhonda - Hope your DOMS are subsiding.

Hi Jane!

Tonight is workout A - squat, bench, deadlift.

Have a good one!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I haven't worked out all week and probably won't workout until Saturday. I had an allergic reaction from Neosporin and both scrapes on my knees became rashy and inflamed so I haven't worked for 2 days. I'm going back to work tomorrow but will be out next week for my trip to the beach. I'm hoping I'll be able to get run in on Saturday before we leave.

Waving hello to everyone. Welcome back Rhonda!

I will try to check on Saturday.

Hey. I didn't get my workout in today. I didn't sleep at all last night. My sister called me in the evening to let me know that they were only giving my grandpa a couple of days. Everything in his body is shutting down. He has been sedated for over a week, so nobody can talk to him even if they wanted to, and he was out of it before then anyways because of the lack of oxygen to his brain. I have decided not to go and see him. He would not want to be remembered as he now is, and I want my last memory of him to remain what it is: he and I sitting at the table spooning our peppermint ice cream into his black coffee talking about his uncles in the Second World War while he steals glances at his great grand-kids. That is the memory he deserves.

I am going to scoot now. I hope that everyone has a great evening. :)

Melissa

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Tracy Anderson's Dance Cardio combos 1-6. Then I did combos 1 and 2 with the music. I hate the way this DVD is produced. I wanted to get quickly to the actual workout but then she starts with a warmup which she should have done before the breakdowns. I wish she used music with the breakdowns to get more of a feeling of what the combo was like because when the actual workout started, it looked quite different because it was so much more up tempo. I also wish she didn't have the workout separate from the breakdowns and incorporated the breakdowns into the actual workout. I like that she demonstrated with her back to us - that's the way most or all dance classes are taught -- but then it makes no sense for her to demonstrate facing us and then go back to doing it with her back toward us. It takes so long for her to break down each combo that by the time you get to the actual workout, you forget the combos you just learned. I also feel she throws too much at you at once. Sorry for my rant, but it was just so frustrating. I actually had a decent workout and I like the choreography but it would have been so much better if I could have just chaptered where I wanted to go.

I hope the new DVDs are much better produced.

After Tracy, I did the Heart-Air practice from Shiva Rea's Daily Energy Flow and at lunchtime, I walked about 1.5 miles with a coworker which I will be doing again tomorrow.

Melissa - That's a wonderful memory and your Grandpa would be proud of you. ((((HUGS)))) and prayers to you and your family.

Jane - I hope your knees are all better for your beach trip.

Deanie - That's horrible that the school doesn't know what meds the kids are taking. A little scary. Glad you had a fun workout!

Gayle - Don't forget to watch Edward Scissorhands tonight!

Rhonda - Yes, I'm still taking dance classes. I either go to a class, workshop or dance once a week. Hope your DOMS get better soon.

Waves to Nita!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.