!i!i! kettlebell thursday !i!i!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

workout done:) I am happy to be leaving the world of swings and TGUs and moving on to ROP!!! (still have one more day of tgu's, but you know what I mean!!;))

**warm up:::
wall squats/halos/pumps - 3.5 cycles

**swings:::
50X swings with the 35#kb
5 full cycles
active rests: jog 2X, triple crush 2X and jumping jacks
just realized I should have jogged thru all the active rests!!!! damn!!

**pullups:::
5 consecutive pullups (assisted) - no umph after the swings, so I may do the pyramid pull/pushups later today or on Saturday

I had no energy today. i spent half the night awake worrying about my sons Bar Mitzvah. Now my DH is having second thoughts about where we should have it, we are both worried about how we are going to pay for it (any believe me, my budget is WAY less than most peoples I know). We are leaning towards having it at home, but the dj is already half paid for and there would be no where for him here at the house and we don't want to lose the money for him and not use him!!!! The caterer I spoke to last Thursday still hasn't sent a mock up menu with prices!:mad: Ugh!!
Sorry for the rant, but its only 7 months away and I have to start looking at invitations (which we may print our selves) and I don't know where to tell people the party is!!!!:confused::confused::confused: Sorry, thanks for listening!!:eek:

Marcy~ I am in awe that you do cardio and the swings- just doing the swings knock me out!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I workout yesterday but I forgot to post. I did a 3 mile run and then the February Challenge. I'm not sure what I'm doing today but I'll figure somethng out.

Deanie - Great workout! I hope everything works out with your son's Bar Mitzvah. I dislike planning parties because I always worry about EVERYTHING. I'm sure you'll get everything worked out and it will be fine.

Waves hello to Gayle, Farmer, Vilma, Andilynn and Marcy.

Have a great day!!

Hi Jane and Deanie!

I don't envy you, Deanie. I've heard that planning a Bar/Bat Mitzah is about as much work as planning a wedding. Good luck! I hope it all works out and stays under budget.

I've got deadlifts again tonight. 10x3 with 30 seconds rest in between.

Waves hello to the rest of the crowd. :)

I am better

Thanks for the feel betters. I ate some Chunky Monkey ice cream and it put me back on track.

There is nothing like fat and sugar to motivate you to workout.

This morning I did Providence. I didn't make it to the snatch test but I will try to do it tonight.

Deanie- I hope everything works out with the planning of the Bar Mitzvah. How far in advance do you have to have it planned out? And what is ROP?

Lioness- Your workouts inspire me.

Gayle- How do you integrate the deadlifts with your KB workouts?

Waves to everyone who follows and have a great day.

Good Morning!

Today was pullup day again:

2&3/4
1, between 3/4-1 and 3/4
1 and 2 between 3/4 and 1

I believe I'll be ready for the pullups in ROP.

ETK:

I did 4 cycles of wall squats, halos (25#) and pumps.
I did 5 cycles (1 more than last time:D) of swings (40). My active rests were: back lunge to front kick (15x each side), 30 secs. plank and 30 secs. with hip drops, jog, mountain climbers and jog.

No time for any extra cardio or barre workout.

Deanie - I'm so jealous you're going on to ROP next week! If only I had read the manual correctly:mad:. I wouldn't have any oomph for pullups after 50 swings with a 35# KB either! Sorry to hear about your worries about DS's bar mitzvah. I know during these times, you hate to spend more than you have to. Maybe you could limit the guest list and hope people will understand? I'm sure you could find invitations over the internet you could print up at home. Is it too late to get another caterer or did you leave a deposit already? I'm sure you'll get everything worked out.

I usually don't do cardio after swing day. I do it on TGU day. I do cardio first and then the TGUs.

Farmer - ROP is Rite of Passage - the second stage of AOS's Enter the Kettlebell program. Good luck with your snatches tonight!

Gayle - Good luck with the deadlifts tonight!

Jane - I don't know how you're able to do the February Challenge AND a 3 mile run! Great workout!

Waves to all who follow! Have a great day!

Marcy

Gayle- How do you integrate the deadlifts with your KB workouts?

Farmer - I currently do my heavy deadlifting on Mondays and Thursdays. So I'm *trying* to get in KB workouts on two other days...maybe Tuesdays and Saturdays and trying not to put too much emphasis on heavy leg exercises. The DL program I'm doing is 7 weeks long. I'm not sure how I'll work on them after that.

Marcy - Really great work on the pull ups. I was guessing ROP meant "Ring Of Pain". Sounds like a term that Pavel would use. :p

Marcy - Really great work on the pull ups. I was guessing ROP meant "Ring Of Pain". Sounds like a term that Pavel would use. :p

Thanks, Gayle! I think you might be right about the "Ring of Pain"! I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, Deanie will let us know next week.

Marcy

Hi again

Feeling better after my vent...thanks:eek: I think we are going to end up at the original restaurant... no deposit was made, so that's good. Just don't understand a caterer not calling/emailing back- even to say our party is too small! oh well... DH manages a Michaels arts and crafts store and he is going to check out invitations you can print out that they have, so we'll see. Now that I just got all that off my chest, I feel much calmer!:confused: oh... the date is 10.24 of this year!!!eek!!

Jane~ great workout yesterday! you may want to check the womens page at AOS- they posted a great flow drill (I may try it on Sat...)

Gayle~ Have fun with the deadlifts tonight:eek:

Farmer~ Glad you are feeling better! I like your remedy!!LOL Good luck with the snatches tonight!

Marcy~ Oh- thought you did cardio and swings! GREAT job on the pullups! you are soooo ready for ROP! I hope I am... I think I am going to start the C&P ladders with the 25#kb since shoulders are my weak spot. I'm sure you will catch up soon! I definitely see me repeating at least one week!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Deanie,

I've worked with caterers when planning holiday parties at work and they a notorious for not calling back. I've worked with several different ones in my area and I've had to call them to find out what was going on. Very frustrating!!

Thanks for mentioning the flow drill. It's looks good. I may do that one today, although my sister mentioned one that she picked out :eek:. It's such a beautiful day today (in the high 70's and sunny) that I can't wait to get home to workout in the backyard!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.