!i!i!i Kettlebellin' on the weekend i!i!i!

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was the last day of ETK!!! Whoo hoo!!!..... and some dissappointment, I really enjoyed this program. I liked the routine all spelled out for me and I liked the lifting. As happy as I am to be finished, I am still a little sad its over. I do plan to do this again using heavier weights, maybe in November....

Here is my workout from my blog:

***warm up
from Providence

***c&p and pullups
30#kb!!!:eek::D:D - doing the happy dance!!!
5X5 - 1 minute rest between ladders, last ladder 2 min. rest
all pullups assisted
total time: 40 minutes

***swings
35#kb
25reps/ 5 seconds rest
6-7 cycles, lost count

***snatch test
25#kb
set gymboss for 10 min.
switched every 5 reps
ended up doing 8 minutes, 58 seconds consecutive!! non stop!

***comments
**great, fantastic workout! lots of emotions going thru my head, will post separately about finishing ETK.
**waited 5 min. between c&p and swings
**waited 10 min. between swings and snatch
*c&p
used the 30#kb, should have been using this for at least the last 2 weeks.:mad: :eek:(although time is a factor on weekdays) made a huge difference in my workout, and was do-able. not easy by any means, but I can c&p it.
*swings
no problems
*snatch
~really wanted to do the 10 min. I have done it 2X before with my 20#kb, really wanted to do it with the 25. I looked at my left hand, and I tore it up really bad, thats when I knocked out my last 5 reps on the right, and finished. I wasn't sure if I should continue on the right or stop and my mind said not to use my left hand anymore. couldn't make up my mind what to do so I stopped. When I saw I only had 1:02 on the gymboss I was beyond dissappointed!! :( I came so close!!!:(
~I lost count how many snatches I did pretty early in the 10 min, but my goal today was to finish with the 25# more than get the 200 snatches in.

Jane:: good luck on the race today! keep us posted!

Gayle::: Have a nice brunch today with your sister!

Rhonda::: Hope you are feeling better. Did you do Providence last night?

Marcy:::: WELL!!??? are you done? How'd you do? I hope you had a good last day too!!

waves to Andilynn!!

have a great weekend everyone!!

Hi Everyone!

Deanie~CONGRATULATIONS ON COMPLETING ETK!!! WAY TO GO!!! Wow..you must feel so strong and accomplished.

I did my 10K this morning. It was a beautiful morning and I so love this race because it has such great spirit, beautiful surroundings and friendly people. It was a tough, tough run. I could tell that my energy level was not up to par so I finished about 3 minutes slower than last year. I'm glad I did it and was not defeated.

This afternoon I tried the "Death by Kettlebell" workout. I got up to 20 rounds with my 35# kettlebell. I was wiped out by that run so I'll try to again when I'm not so tired. It was a good workout though!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I've been swamped all week so I have not been posting, and I hope everyone had a good week and are now enjoying this beautiful weekend! This week was a STS week for me, discs 7 thru 9, after the legs disc I swear I had some of the worst DOMS I have every had! I was downright gimpy, lol! Had a busy day today planting flowers ,etc so I think I'll just do Firepower, short but tough!

Deanie- Wow, over 8 minutes on the snatch test! I'd be toast, you're one strong lady!

Jane- another big wow! a 10k and then swinging the kettlebell?! I am humbled by you guys!

Waves to all! :)

Good Morning

today is a rest day for me:)

I am thinking of doing the following workout tomorrow, but i don't know what kte's are. maybe ab work? anyone know?

603 WOD
  • For time, perform 25-20-15-10-5 reps of:
  • KB swings (24K/16K)
  • Push-ups
  • KTEs
Andilynn:: glad you are enjoying STS. Hope you had fun with firepower!

Jane::: great job with the race. with everything going on with your dad, running and finishing is great! Very impressive workout (death by kettlebell) after running the 10K!!

Have a great day everyone! Hope you are all enjoying the nice weather!!

Well, I'm getting ready to head down to the basement for today's workout(cardio) I think m,aybe a Imax and then a nap since I have to go to work at midnite tonite. I'm also awaiting the delivery of my Go Wear Fit ! I'm hoping it will help me drop this extra 15#'s I'm carrying, I swear the more I hang around the forums the more I spend hee, hee!

Deanie-enjoy your rest day, I've never heard of KTE's thats something new to me!?

Waves to Jane , Marcy, Farmer, Vilma and Gayle and all who follow! :)

Good Afternoon,

I spent the afternoon swimming. It was a beautiful afternoon. I woke up this morning really sore from both the run and the kettlebell workout. The water felt good even though it was a tad bit cold.

Andilynn ~ I hope you had fun with IMAX and enjoyed your nap as well!!

Deanie ~ You certainly are due a rest day after finishing ETK. Good Job!

I believe KTE is "Knees-to-Elbow" and is an exercise for the abs but you are hanging from a pull up bar and bringing your knees to your elbows. Here is a link to the crossfit exercises. Just scroll down and you can find a demo on it.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#Exer

That workout looks like a good one.

Waves hello to all!

hi again

Jane::: thanks:) I don't know if I can do 2 let alone 25+ KTE's but I'm willing to give it a try! Swimming sounds fun and the perfect antidote after running and swinging!:cool:

Andilynn:::: Hope you enjoyed your Imax workout. Was it Imax 3? I love that one!

waves to everyone else!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.