I Hate Leg Day I Mean Cardio - Oct 11

August

Cathlete
Okay. So as soon as I got my weight charts out for what I needed for my S&H leg day, and remembered the awful barbell and the thought of heaving it up on my shoulders :-( and having my arms numb :-( and then switching it so that I hold it in front of me under my chin and having it feel uncomfortable ;( ....well, MAJOR dread factor kicked in and I immediately went for my Pilates ring.

And so today was Pilates leg day. :)

I'm really torn about this though because I really just don't feel like I'm doing anything when I do Pilates.

Hmm.

Well, I'm out and about today, so I guess I'd best get going.

Michele, Ellen and I hope that other haters (or anyone else who feel badly for us :D ) will come and join us today. :*

Good Morning Cardio haters!!

Today is a 'go into the office' day...thus no cardio for me...but I will do a stretching something when I get home this evening.

Have a great one...and I'll check back later tonight!

smooches

Good morning August, Ellen, and all,

August, have you considered modifying the barbell portions of S&H and using dumbells instead? I won't hike a 40# barbell up and over my head for leg work and I've never felt a need to do that. Maybe you should get a weighted vest!! I think you can get them up to 40#. I like them a lot. I used to wear one for lunges and squats when I worked out at the gym and found it to be very effective. Maybe I'll get one!!

Ellen, good job yesterday! I'm proud of you for accomplishing both your cardio AND weights. A stretch today is good. What kind of work do you do, oh, and is your lawn boy cute--lol!

My vet never emailed the kitty picture:-( . I'll bet she either forgot or copied down my email address incorrectly. I'll see her Friday when I take my kitty in for vaccines. August, how does your mom like the kitty you gave her?

Janjan, please come say hello. We need a tornado to fly through here. I hope you're enjoying your new job. How're things at the daycare center? Is your DD doing okay?

I think Diane is on vacation. Have fun, Diane!!

Kate and Dana, we miss you. I live for your posts:*

I have a hair appt today and before I go I need to do my workout that I didn't do yesterday:eek: . It's okay--today was supposed to be a rest day so I'll just consider yesterday my rest day.

TTFN and I'll BBL:*

Ok so I am saying Hello as requested by michele.
Super dooper busy with work, uh, too much work.
DD out of daycare and the nanny started on Monday and it is working out well. My house is clean, and my DD is happy, still sick, but happy. Works out much better for me.

As for cardio.....yeah, what is that again?????

Now why is it that I'm totally sleepy at a normal bedtime hour when I'm NOT home? But when I'm home, I totally can't sleep?

Ellen - Did you have a nice stretch?

Michele - The vest idea actually does sound like a good one. The heaviest dumbbells that I have are...haha, I don't even know since on my chart I call them : Shaft w/All. I actually had to buy dumbbells as shafts with add-on weights (like a barbell) since I couldn't find any regular heavy dumbbells with a thin enough shaft! Anyway, I should try out "Shaft w/All" and see if I feel anything with that. But you know what? I didn't think I would, but I actually have a bit of DOMS in my inner thighs from the Pilates ring. Hmm. I'll have to think about that weighted vest.

Maybe your vet is looking for the best photo LOL. Well, I hope to be able to see a kitty photo soon! As for my mom and getting a kitty - I'm still working on it. The apartment contract says actually that you aren't allowed to have pets. Of course nobody ever actually abides by those rules, but my mom is sort of a stickler for that kind of thing, so she's very reluctant to go with the flow. But I'm determined. Kitties are no big mess and no big deal, and having a couple would make her sooo happy...(and me, too!).

Anyway, I hope you had a nice workout and a great hair cut!

Janjan - Hey there, busy woman! That's great that the nanny is working out so well and that DD seems to approve. Is the work situation getting smoother?

All right. It's off to bed I go. Tomorrow is S&H shoulders and....urgh, HIIT.

Night night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.