I Hate Cardio - Sept 25

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

Ahhhhhhh, just finished with my Christi. Today was 7002, followed by a tiny bit of 5004, why the heck not! But you know, I felt a bit tuckered out, I think because of my Activiastipation. Hhh. Well, I'm going to continue that yogurt until the end of this month (since I have it in my fridge LOL), but I'm not sure what to do after that. Hmm. Maybe I'll follow Janjan's lead. And then maybe find a yogurt that has live bacteria, but not so much sugar.

Speaking of sugar, oh, Michele, your day sounded DEVINE :9 ! It sounds like the anniversary dinner for your in-laws was a culinary success! Yu-hummy! I was cracking up about your singing to your family on everyone's birthdays. I have a jazz trumpet player friend who always calls me on my birthday and leaves the bday song by trumpet on my machine. It's goofy, and I love it. I'm sure your nephew would be disappointed not to get your call!

Rembrandt in Portland, Oregon? And I missed it. Hmm. Now, a Krispy Cream exhibit and I might be back on the plane. }(

Speaking of which, Michele, your story about the carnival reminded me of an Oprah video that my mom taped and brought with her to Japan that we watched the other day. It had a guest who had won the million-dollar prize from Pillsbury for her recipe. It was something like oatmeal-honey-brown sugar-goopy glutton-pie and looking at it made me want to cry with envy (it made Oprah do the same LOL). Of course they gave all the audience members a piece, those lucky buggers. THEN Oprah talked about how there are only 4 people in the world who know the secret recipe for....yeah, Krispy Cream donuts. So for the first time in my life, I actually SAW what it looked like, and HOLY CARPE DIEM, gimme gimme gimme :eek: :eek: :eek: . Of course, the audience got 2 donuts each because "you just can't eat only one." So reading about your oatmeal cookies and apple cider donut made me want to cry LOL!

Oh man, does that sound good.

On that note, I'd better go and take a cool shower. I changed my cleaning day to Monday, and I so totally didn't feel like doing it this morning, but like a good girl, did. Now it's a swipe of the shower/bathroom while I wash down my body as well.

What's up for the rest of you guys today?

Hi Ladies -

I didn't wake up this morning to workout. I just really like sleeping I guess. But I am planning on working out after work, because this week seems like it will be a good week for work (be able to come home at a decent time). Of course as soon as I say that, I will have a ton of work to do. x( I only have 2 weeks until I have to be in a bikini in public! So I have to get with it. I ate like crap most of the weekend so I probably gained everything back. I am not going to weigh myself this week because would probably do more harm than good.

Jana - How was the walk thing with your mom?

Michele - Get some sleep this weeekend? Did you do your lunges :)

August - You Christi lovin' fool! We are going to have to change this forum name to "Everyone here but August hates cardio". Do you have Totally Hot Hilo or whatever it is called? That is the only Christi I have. I was never able to do all the moves, but I had it before I did a lot of Cathe step cardio, so I might be better at it if I tried it now.

Hellllllloooooo!

Where is everybody this morning? It's almost afternoon here! I slept fairly well last night but for some reason I just can't seem to get up and get moving today. It must be all that crap I ate yesterday--lol! I'm experiencing a low after that sugar high.

I'd like to thank you, August, for the great birthday idea. You know, my DH has an old trombone around here somewhere from his high school days...hmmmmm--lol! --Oh! I'll keep my eyes open for a Krispy Kreme exhibit. Hey, in this day and age you just never know:7 . --Is Oprah big in Japan? I've thought all along tht Oprah is striving for world domination. It must be awfully nice to have your mom with you in Japan. Nothing brings mothers and daughters together quite like sharing an Oprah moment--lol! --I'm really worried about your standing here in the "I Hate Cardio" thread. You've gone loopy from too much goopy I think.

Here's my idea of good art:

http://www.interestingideas.com/roadside/pix/funnel2.jpg

Diane, I'm so impressed that your DH picked out an outfit that you can actually wear in public. I could NEVER let my DH pick out my clothes. OMG!! First of all, he is colorblind; second, he's just got bad taste, period.--lol! I have no clothes and I'm getting worried that I'm going to have to go naked to Italy if I don't go shopping soon.

Janjan, what...did you have a spinach pizza? Okay, bad joke, I know, but I hope you're feeling better today.

Katie and Dana, come back...please...come back.

I need to skedaddle. I'ts 11:30 and I haven't accomplished a single thing today. I'll BBL :*

ETA that, speaking as a professional RN, Iv'e got just the cure for ...stipation}( :7

Hi there!

Yeah, I've definitely got a bad sleep pattern going on here. I'm sleepy during the day but I tell myself that if I nap, then I won't be able to sleep at night, but then I nap for 15 minutes against my wil ;) , then I'm sleepy at 11pm, and I sleep for half an hour and then I come here.

Oh, and I thought I'd announce to you all that I will not look down on you now that I might lust after cardio. LMAO.

Diane - Hey there, you closet Christi! LOL. You have Totally Hot Cardio and you didn't mention it until now?! What else you got there in your closet? LOL. You know, that's the one workout so far that I put in and put away after trying it out for a few minutes. I can't remember why - for all I remember it could have just been that one I knew was calling my name. You should tear that sucker out and give it a spin! Oh, and as for the bikini, if you're even considering wearing a bikini, it means that you look hot in it. I'll bet you look hot in your bikini, no matter what you might be worried about!

Michele - That goofy photo completely cracked me up! I'm not sure if I saw that truck if it would make me flee towards it or away from it LOL. Well, all right, it says cinnamon rolls. So I guess I'd flee towards it. LOL.

Lots of LOL tonight,...loopy from weird sleep.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, no, if you were to say something about Oprah to anyone in Japan they'd be like, "huh? Bah-lee?" Haha. Nobody knows Oprah here. But lucky for me and my mom and our bonding time together plopped in front of the television - VHS. Yeah, she taped a bunch of shows and brought them with. It is really nice having Mom in my building. Although we've always been buddies, up until a few years ago I was reluctant to even the thought of being in the same neighborhood (you know, didn't want her crampin' mah style)...but age and wisdom has taught me better, and now I'm really enjoying having her so close. It's really a blast.

Oh, and okay, Nurse Michele (oh wait a minute, that's not a joke, is it?!), tell me your plan of action for my Activiastipation. If it's organic peanut butter, I've already got that covered LOL. But before that, what exactly counts as "...stipation"? If one goes every day but still bloats, is that still that?

P.S. Before coming back here to check if any of you lazy butts had gotten up yet ;) , I was actually checking out Oprah's site for info...finding something about magnesium being good........something about if your "log" isn't about a 3" S-shaped thingamob, then you're not getting enough fiber?!

Okay, I just popped in for a minute and what happend to my truck!?!?!?!?
There is a big whole in my post ^^^ there where there used to be a truck with nice art!?!?!?! Maybe I accidentally deleted it with my incessant editing--lol!

August, I thought you said you were constipated. I typed ...stipated because I remembered from a previous post where you used some weird word and I...I...oh crap, I have no idea what I'm talking about now--lol! The treatment I was referring to is the old "3H" enema. It stands for High, Hot and a Helluva lot}( :p :7

If you ever figure out what to do for bloat let me know.

Diane, are you going back to 5FF? Oh please do. I would find it very motivating. It doesn't sound like August needs any motivation right now. She's gone over to the dark side.

I MUST get up and out of this chair.

ETA HUH!? Oprah actually gives measurements for normal sized excrement on her website!? Holey Crap!!

Wha? Huh? I still see the truck! You can't?

Activiastipated, and yeah, there was one other word I used to be "delicate" rather than to write out constipated LOL. What a word. I'm not even sure if I would classify.

High, Hot and a Helluva? What, an enema is high, hot and a helluva lot? I've never done that before. I don't actually think I need to. At least I hope not. Heh.

I'm going to search the internet for what being 'stipated actually means.

As you can see, I'm wide awake.

Someone.

Help.

Me.

:)

Kate, this post is for you. :D

Screamin' Jay Hawkins wrote and sang "Constipation Blues" while suffering a serious bout. The Bonzo Dog Band recorded "The Strain" on the same subject.
"Weird Al" Yankovic recorded a parody of Avril Lavigne's "Complicated", entitled "A Complicated Song", in which the first chorus goes: "Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated/'Cause right now I'd do anything to get my bowels evacuated."

My truck is back!!!:) I swear it was gone. I think something wacky is going on with my computer today. x(

August, Im LMAO at you right now. I love the post you dedicated to Katie. It's always when I can't sleep that I find the best stuff on the internet. Now, go to bed and I'll come schnug you up with a nice, fuzzy blankie:*

You're always so sweet with your lullabies and schnugging.

Okay. I'll get into bed.

Night night! Don't let the bed-bugs bloat!

Where IS everybody today?

August, here's a new recipe for your barley cookbook.

Barley Risotto
Serving Size: 4

Calories: 250 Carbs: 35 Sodium: 719 Fat: 9 Fiber: 7 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 5

Ingredients:
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2.5 cup water
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium leek, both white and green parts or 1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup medium pearl barley
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chives

Instructions:
Combine the broth and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer.

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek or onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the barley, tarragon, and pepper; stir until the barley is coated.

Begin adding the hot broth mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently after each addition and cooking until the liquid is nearly evaporated. Continue adding the broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until all has been added and the barley is very tender and creamy, about 55 minutes.

Stir in the peas, cheese, and chives, if using. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until heated through.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.