I Hate Cardio - Sept 12

August

Cathlete
Oh what a beautiful mo----rning! :7

Lesse here...

Diane - Ooh, like the buckles on the brown boots. The beauty of using a personal shopper is that they are totally used to complaining people who never buy anything - I mean, those are the types of people who probably use them the most LOL! I am totally like that...so when I first met my personal shopper, I flat out apologized from the start that I was going to be a pain in the butt and then not buy anything. She laughed and said no problem and that she was used to it so not to worry about it. And then it turned out to be so good, that I ended up buying a load. It was great!

Janjan - Urgh, sounds like you had an awful sick day, rather than a first day. What a way to start what could have been a fun, new experience. I'm sure once you feel better that things will start picking up. Well, except for maybe the commute. x(

Michele - So you got 5-Factor! Tell me how it reads and tell me all the valuable info I need to know, please LOL. That is, when you finish your BFFM, hahaha. Sorry to hear that your DH missed his flight home I hope we'll be able to sleep tonight. ;)

Kate - Where you are girl?!

Dana - Come back!!

Well, today I did a new Christi workout and was so totally confused by the choreography that 30 minutes into it, bummed, I switched to an easy Christi and was amazed to find that I was having lame-feet problems with that, too...then I remembered how I'd been tossing and turning this morning, and how that awful computer-shoulderache/neck-crook thing is back...and I realized that that must be the culprit and not the actual workout. You know what I think the tossing and turning was from? Don't laugh. I think it was from yesterday's first bagel I ate in maybe a year. I felt sort of bloated low back funk this morning, so I'm blaming the bagel. They were served during my work session for dinner. Hhh. Damn that bagel! Christi and I don't like you!

So this morning I made a mountain of barley to cheer me up! Yippee! My first mountain upon my return from the States. At first I couldn't remember how to make it, but then I remembered - Measure water. Measure barley. Boil. Stir.

Now to divvy the portions...

How you all doing?

Well it's not such a beautiful morning this morning. It's raining and I woke up with a bloody nose and a headache:-( . I feel rather like crap today.

I have DOMS from my wild ride on Eli last night:) . Gawd, I love that thing:eek: !

August, I don't have the book yet. I ordered it from Amazon and they haven't even shipped it yetx( . I wonder what the hold up is? --Oh! I've had cardio days like that. I like the "lame feet" description. When I have a day like that I trip all over the step. I haven't done step since I got my elliptical but I suppose I better dust it off. It's probably better to cross train. Anywho, I really do NOT think you can blame the bagel--lol! It's just a bagel and it does not have magic powers like, say, barley. I'm glad to see you back on top of barley mountain--lol!

DH called to say he got an early start to the airport and, therefore, should not miss his plane. I hope his flight isn't delayed for weather. It's really nasty here right now.

I need to get going. I'm going to try and do one of the ME premixes but I have much to accomplish since I blew off the day yesterday.

Janjan, I hope your day is better today:*

Kate, I hope you're feeling better and I miss you something terrible.

Dana, I miss you too, and I hope you're back on track.

Diane, have you made a decision on the boots?

I'll see you later. I might not post again until tomorrow because I have a lot to do today:* :*

I....I can't blame the bagel? :-( It's better than blaming the peanut butter. ;)

Woo, baby, you wicked thing - wild threesome with Eli and Sean. You go, girl! Ride high to the top of Barley Mountain! I'll see ya at the top. :eek: ;) :p

It was the bagel. Had to be the bagel. Bagels must have evil powers. My feet and brain will be all better by tomorrow. Oh wait, tomorrow is Jari so I don't need foot coordination.

Michele, are you kidding about the bloody nose? You didn't really wake up to a bloody nose, did you?

Any of you know if there's such a thing as having sensitivity to starches?

On that note, I'll look forward to the 5-Factor report. Say hi to your DH, and thank him in advance for the good night's sleep. :)

Hi ladies - I feel like crap this morning too. I went to sleep at a decent time, but DH and I both couldn't get out of bed unti really late b/c felt like crap.

Last night I did my workout when I got home, doing C&W step for the cardio. I am getting so much better at doing Cathe cardio lately, have a lot more energy and feel less heavy when doing all that jumping around.

I have not decided on the boots yet. I have a limited budget and realized that I should probably spend it on stuff for our upcoming vacation in a month to Miami (where boots will not be necessary). I need at least one more nighttime outfit for the vacation and a few more cute daytime tops. And it will not get cold enough in Houston for boots for a couple months. So I am going to spend it on some cute tops and accessories for the trip and some new comfortable ballet flats for walking around. But when I do get boots, I like the brown ones Michele picked and I like the Anne Klein ones with the little buckles for black ones. Hopefully they will still be around in a month. I hate being on a budget, I just want to buy it all!

Oh by the way, Jana, if y'all decide to move, my neighborhood would be a really short commute to your work! I hope your second day back goes better and that you got some sleep last night.

Just here talking to myself again. Did I tell y'all that my Mom lost 3 pounds on her first week on Five Factor? I'm so proud of her for making this change. She even bought a cheap weight bench to workout with. I really hope she sticks to it because I know she could lose sooo much weight so easily. My step dad is eating healthy for breakfast and dinner (but not working out b/c he just had surgery - removing skin cancer on his face that was pretty deep) and he weighed himself and we will see how he does too.

Diane, that's fantastic!! I'm so glad to hear your mom is having success with her new diet and exercise plan. I hope your step dad fares well, too.

I like your boot choices. I'm sure Zappo's will still have them when you're ready to order. I didn't realize you were going on a vacation. How long will you be gone? I hope you have a blast. My nephew lives in Miami. He's in his last year of optometry school but he plans to head back north after graduation. He doesn't like the hot, humid Miami weather.

August, it's NOT the bagel OR the peanut butter. I'll tell you what it is, though. It's lack of sleep! I promise to go to bed early tonight and get a good night's sleep so you can catch up, too ;)

I just received notice that my 5-Factor Fitness book has shipped (I ordered it a couple of days ago). They estimate arrival sometime between the 15th and 18thx( . I feel really frustrated by this. First of all, I couldn't find the book ANYWHERE in a store so I orderd it from Amazon. My question is, WHY does it take them so long to ship? For heaven's sake, I see no reason why they can't box it up and ship it out on the same day.

Sorry for the rant. I just want my book NOW. I would like to get started on the exercise regimen ASAP. Right now I'm finding Cathe's w/o's to be too long and the 25 min approach sounds more appealing to me everyday.

Michele - A lot of times I get the packages from Amazon a week earlier than they predict. I think they must have gotten a lot of complaints when things are later than predicted so they have given themselves a big cushion of time. Their predictions used to be much more accurate, but the last few things I have gotten were a week early. They usually have very good service though.

We are going for 4 nights, 5 days to Miami in the beginning of October (1 year anniversary). Our hotel is on the beach, so most of the day we will probably just be on the beach and at the hotel so just need casual clothes. But people get so dressed up there, that I want to look nice at night. I am scared to be in a bikini in a place like that where everyone looks so fit and tan!

Morning! (for me, at least :) )

Awesome, awesome!! to your Mom, Diane! That's really wonderful news!

Michele - We got some good sleep, last night, didn't we! It's because we finally managed to digest the bagel :7. Actually, I'm up waaay early. But that's all right. I kind of like waking up early when I do it without an alarm clock. Oh, totally - if Amazon has the time to figure out the estimated arrival time and then send emails out and stuf, they could certainly just send the friggen thing, LOL.

I'm getting kind of tired of soggy cold oats with whey protein for breakfast :-( . But I guess it will be getting cooler, so I could switch to soggy hot oats. :D

What do you guys all have for breakfast?

I have Kashi Go Lean Crunch (or other cereal that is whole grains, with lots of fiber and protein, like Hi Lo) with blueberries on top. Yummy.

I am here, such a deadbeat, but I have been so tired. It is like having insomnia for someone who can sleep. Really stinks. I have not worked out for four days. Oh, my body is going to be cruel when I hit the weights again, I am hoping for tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Personal shopping? I had a friend who would do her own shopping at Nordstrom and always looked nice. She hired the personal shopper and wow! She really didn't spend much more than she would have otherwise but this shopper really knew what looked best on her. It was......dynamite!

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone except what is not going good. I will see y'all soon. Y'all, don't use that but you are not "you guys"

So, hey I made it past day 2 and it was a little better today, I felt better that is. I have to give my DH a big pat on the back for being super daddy last night. He gave the kiddo a bath and got her to sleep for about 6 hours, I was dead on the couch at 8 PM last night until 4 am when DD woke up. He took her to the Dr today and she has an ear infectionx( :-( x( x(
My poor baby! She has not been a happy camper at all, and it really sucks.

Anyway, I have to run, crying baby so I need to attend to her, but I will be back. I think I get my computer at work tomorrow so I can check in more, but you know how the first few days go.

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.