I hate the cardio October 4

Tallchick

Cathlete
I am still out of it. A little twinge in my lower back. I am taking today and hopefully will get back into it tomorrow. I want to do slow and heavy but I realize that that is not a good idea. The last workout I did was Imax 2. Yikes. I don't want to give that one up. If one has to have a fave cardio, then that would be it.

Tomorrow my new computer is coming. The kids are taking this one. One computer per household is not enough. The newer one is better, has great speakers, DVD burner, huge hard drive. Has 2 of that thing that is now used instead of RAM. I have no idea what I am talking about. I am also trying to figure out Photoshop. Help me!

Time to make lunches. Everyone have a good day!

Hi all!

I had a very long day yesterday and I'm beat. August, I think you gave me your cold. I have a sore throat and swollen lymphnodes in my neck. I'm wondering if I should visit my MIL today or not. My FIL would probably get mad at me if I did. He can be a real nervous Nelly.

Please forgive me today but I'm so tired I can't think straight. I'm going to sack out on the couch for a bit and maybe turn on a little Oprah--lol! I'll check back later--I promise.

Oh--my MIL is doing very well. Thanks for all your vibes and prayers. I'll BBL:* :*

ETA that I hope Kate is feeling better soon!

Sorry everyone for sending my virus to you all! :eek:

Michele - In Japan they sell cloth masks (like the kind people use to keep pollen out - well, it sort of looks like a cheap surgical mask). It's totally normal to wear one here when you have a cold so that you don't infect someone else. I have no idea if America has those things, but if you wanted to visit your MIL, you might look into that. Anyway, it might give her a good laugh, too. LOL.

Good morning ladies. Another day without a workout for me. I think I am going to go home early again today and workout. Yesterday I had a very productive day when I left around 5. I was hard to imagine that people actually get to leave at 5 and have so much of the day still ahead of them! I dropped off my messed up boots at UPS, went to DSW and bought some work shoes that I have been eyeing, and went home and cleaned my whole house! And this was all before dinner. I wish I could do that every day.

I had a great shoe day yesterday - both of my shoes from zappos.com worked out well. The new boots didn't have any smudges, and the ballet flats were even cuter in person and were pretty comfy. I also got the new work shoes at DSW for $20 less than I would have paid for them anywhere else. And I bought those mary janes on zappos.com so hopefully those work well too. So I got 4 new pairs of shoes yesterday! I really needed them. Here are the ballet flats I got yesterday.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7265195/c/50114.html

They have a tiny bit of a heel so not exactly flats, but that makes them more appropriate for work. So I can wear them with work and casual.

Anyway, enough about shoes. I feel like a big blob today. I have been eating healthy so my clothes still fit, but I am just all flabby. I have my doctor's appt today, hopefully I like this new ob/gyn.

You know, Michele, on second thought, you should take some time to yourself to kick those bacteria to the curb and just plain old rest up. I'm sure your MIL and FIL would understand..anyway, it wouldn't be nice to give them "my" cold.

Yes thank you August for sending your germs all the way over here. I currently am home with a 101.8 degree fever, can't breath out of one side of the nose and feel like crap.....not to mention I am at home and not at work. This sucks. Second time in 4 weeks I have gotten sick, geeze. I am a hand washing nut and a clean freak, how come I keep getting this crap????

Sorry to hear you are sick too Michele. Oh, it is yuck.

Ok, so I have got to run and get to the Dr. I hope he can just give me something to clear this crap up quick. I hate being sick!

I will BB after the Dr.

Hope everyone else is free from germs today!

Michele - I agree. You should probably just let them know that you are sick and you can't come. Maybe you can make some food or something for your husband to take with him to the hospital so that they still know that you are thinking about them even though you can't come. That is, if she is allowed outside food :)

Hi everybody!

August, I remember seeing something on TV a year or 2 ago about the Japanese wearing masks to protect themselves from bird flu. Maybe I should stock up--lol!

I just talked to my FIL (aka Nervous Nelly) and he doesn't want me anywhere near him or my MIL--lol! I do feel like crappola. My ear hurts now, too--WAH! I cannot afford to be sick right now. I look funny--my lymphnodes are visibly swollen and the left side of my jaw/throat looks all lopsided.

August, are you feeling better? How can you sing with a bad cold? You better take this day to rest and relax before your busy weekend.

Diane, I love the shoes!

Okay, I'm really, really going to the couch now and then I'm going to follow my own advice and make some chicken soup!!

ETA a big hello to Janjan and Diane!! I'm staying home and I'll just call my MIL to chit chat later this afternoon. Thanks you guys. You take such good care of me:+

Bird flu? OH YEAH! I totally remember that. Those were heavy duty masks! I had a business trip to London during that and I wore those things on the plane and I thought I might suffocate! :eek: It kept EVERYTHING out..including the air!

Oh yeah, Jana, Michele, you got my cold for sure. You can look forward to some reallllly disgusting phlegm. ;( I pretty much slothed on the couch for two days doing nothing but eating :p . I really had a mongo appetite! I feel much better today, but I'm still so-so stuffed up, my glands are bonking out and again, phlegm, as if it's not disgusting enough to write it once in a post. I do have to sing this Friday. I have no idea how that's going to work out. I hope people won't throw tomatoes at me. :*

Feel better guys!

My butt is dragging. I don't feel any better so I called my MIL to see how she is but I won't be visiting her tonight. Honestly, I think she could use an evening with no visitors because she's had very little rest since she's been in the hosptal.

I never made it to the store, either. What a sluggo!! I wanted to make chicken soup but man oh man, I just don't have it in me to schlepp around the grocery store. I DO have what I need to make a barley risotto, though! I googled "healthy barley risotto" and WOW! I found dozens of great recipes. August, it turns out you can make barley risotto with water.

Hey Ellen!! How ya doin? I think starting back with a beg/intermediate program sounds like a good idea. So tell us, what have have you been up to? I think when you had last posted you had just put your house up for sale. How'd that go? Did you sell it? Have you moved? Okay, okay, I'll turn the light out and stop with the Spanish Inquisition--lol!

Back to the couch for me;(

I just got back from my appt with the new ob/gyn and I really like her! I'm glad I finally found someone I like.

Jana - the offices are really nice, they might have moved to a new location since you went there. I didn't have to wait at all, that was the first time I have been to a doctor's office that I wasn't waiting forever.

Michele - Sorry you are dragging, but just remember that you are sick! It is not being lazy, it is called getting rest.

Ok so I went to the Dr, I just have the viral crud that is going around now, so no antibotics just a D and some tylenol. He also told me that you feel the yuckiest on the 2-3rd day which should be tomorrow for me, or hopefully it was today.

Uh, Michele I so feel your pain today. Man, this is soooo not fun!

On the positive side, I do not want to eat so I am loosing a few lbs! haha!!

Was everything ok at the Dr today Diane? I just got a clarification on what you told me about being preggo. I did not realize what it was, so hopefully you got the green light to start trying again ASAP.

August, how did your cooties get all the way over here from Japan? Man, you have some mega cooties! haha!

Ok, I am off once again to feed my little DD.

Hope everyone else is cootie free!

Jana - I sort of got a green light, sorta not. She said it would be best to wait one month to allow the lining to build up, but that it wasn't necessarily imparitive. I think we are still going to keep trying this month. It was a chemical pregnancy, which apparently happens over 50% of the time and most people don't even know about it because it is gone so early. It either didn't implant at all or had some sort of chromosomal problem so the cells didn't form right.

But I am so glad I really like my doctor. Perfect mix of smart and also friendly. She really knew what she was doing. I also like that she attends all of the births of her patients, which a lot of doctors in big groups like that don't do. My friend said that she came in on a Saturday night to deliver her baby, even though she wasn't on call. She also did some blood work to test for some things - making sure Rubella vaccination up to date, etc. - which all the pregnancy books said the doctor SHOULD do, but the other doctor before didn't do when I went for the prenatal appointment. I also can't believe how quickly and efficiently that office moved. There were a lot of people, but the had a good system to doing things and everyone go in and out quickly.

Hello girls!

For all of those who are sick, tired, or just sick and tired (LOL)....here's some feel better vibes!!

Yes, Michele...you are right! Good memory girlfriend!! I finally sold my house in June, ended that relationship and moved in July. Oddly enough, the people who bought my house....sold me theirs!!! It wasn't even on the market yet. So we basically switched houses! And for those who don't believe it....burying the statue in the yard works! My house was on the market 5 months. Finally buried the statue in month 6, and 2 weeks later had an offer!

LOVE my new house and my girls are very happy. So is the dog! Sadly, no pool or pool boy here, but we have the memories!! LOL

My brother lost his wife to a sudden brain tumour in August. They only knew about it for 2 weeks before she died. It was very fast, and she was only 43. THAT alone taught me to treasure every day we have and take the best care of yourself.

Well..today was a rest day..and tomorrow is a cardio and a sculpt.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone else here!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.