I Hate Cardio - Oct 22

August

Cathlete
Morning Sunday!

Since yesterday's FitPrime left me feeling like I'd done a stretch, I decided today's stretch should be a cardio. :D

I started off doing Low Max, and then halfway through went to do Steppin' Zone (Christi ;) ). I think for now, my mood has me wanting to do a dancy cardio. So I may as well go with the mood! :*

Next week I'll be doing Gym one part a day w/cardio...and I must go out and get squishy medicine balls (3#, Michele? 'Kay!) and paper plates for my TLT rotation starting next month. It's chock full of TLT, circuits, cardio and all sorts of variety. I'm looking forward to starting something different!

I'm also on my 3rd day of no grains. I'm eating tons of fruit and lots of veggies (including sweet potato), so I'm getting in plenty of carbs...but, and this might just be a fluke, I feel generally sleepy and sort of uninspired to do anything. Heh, but maybe that's just how I'm feeling right now...? I mean, it's not like I ate a ton of grains before, so it's not such a big leap...but I guess it's still too early to feel a difference in my digestion. What do you think?

Michele - I hope kitty is doing better today.

Everyone else.......where you at ?!

Good morning August and all!

August, no one, I mean NO ONE, describes a workout like you do:7 . Reading your workout/diet experiments is one of the highlights of my day. And by all means go with your mood! Dancy cardio for August--who knew!? Well, I still think you should blog!

Oh hey, if you decide you really like the TLT's you might want to invest in a set of those gliding discs--see here: http://www.glidingdiscs.com/. These are perfect for the TLT's and a little more durable than paper plates. It turns out there's a lot you can do with them. I bought Mindy Mylrea's workouts but I haven't tried them yet, although the discs are nice. It occurred to me that I do that a lot--buy things I don't use :eek: ;) . You just never know when something might come in handy:p. Speaking of buying things, I actually bought the squishy balls in 2#, 3#, and 4# weights. It's like I said--you just never know.

Johnny kitty is doing better but he's not 100%. I'm going to give him some more fluids today under the skin to see if that perks him up. He scarfed his food down this morning so that's a good sign.

There's an antique show this weekend that I really want to go to. In fact, I was supposed to go yesterday with a friend but I couldn't leave my poor kitty alone. This show is put on annually as a fundraiser for a children's charity and it's very high end:eek: . Dealers come from all over (several from the east coast and they have all the good stuff). I can't afford to buy anything but it sure is fun to look. I have a passion for 18th and early 19th century American and English antiques and that's what this show is all about. If kitty is looking good in a couple of hours I might just buzz through it real fast.

I'm taking DH's mom and pop out to dinner tonight. They're doing really well :) .

Sorry for the novel. You'll notice I didn't mention my own workout:p . Tomorrow! I'm starting tomorrow--I swear.

Diane, Janjan, Kate, Dana, Ellen--front and center!! I feel like I haven't "talked" to you girls in ages and I miss you.:* :*

LOL, now I totally want to get the gliding discs kit. In fact, I've written to them to find out if they are available in my area. :p

So you haven't yet tried out the workouts? Did you get the set? I had to chuckle to see how you can lose one jean size in 10 days but only when following both the exercise AND the diet plans. I'm so curious now! I was a little bumemd they didn't have any sample previews.

Thank you for your nice compliments about my blabbing...er, I mean, descriptions. I hope I'll have some interesting news for y'all about my no-grain experiment. Heh, and it's funny about your getting so many workouts that you use once or twice! Do you do them and then think to do them again but just don't,...or do you just not get into the new ones in general?

I'm so glad to hear that kitty is better, and that your inlaws are doing so well, too! That's fantastic. I hope you'll be able to get to the antique show!

Okay, I'm off to bed now. I did nothing worthy today because I was so blah! I bought tofu so I'm going to have that with defrosted strawberries and an apple mixed in for breakfast tomorrow morning. Yum yum!

oh, you don't know the suffering I have with this internet provider. You ask them to do something, they say they will and then they do not.
I cannot wait for this contract to come to its end and then I am going with someone else. There are two cable options here and I am with the wrong one. AERRRRRJHRFI
Anyway, I still am loving my heart rate monitor and it is good to know that my heart is beating. What is weird though, it that when I don't think I am really working that hard, my heart seems to be beating harder. What is with that? Oh well.

So, I have been jog walking my huge dog with my heart monitor and so it seems that I can lessen the horrid aerobics in the living room down to twice per week and jog the dog five to six days per week. Weights three days per week and I am happy. I suggest everyone get a huge dog cuz huge dogs need more time spend exercising and they move down the street faster.

so, I am off to take Goon for his walk.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.