I Hate Cardio - Nov 15

August

Cathlete
Hello there!

Today was CHRISTI! YAY! YAY! YAY! I did Humble Beginnings 7002 and I was crying because it was so DANG fun! I love it! LOVE!

Diane - Sorry to hear you're so crazy busy. I think your idea of doing the Factor5 is a very good one. That way you can let your body know that you're serious to keep up with some exercise every day.

Deb - I am so glad you posted that! Have you changed anything else in your diet or anything? You're noticing it in your belly? Girl, that kind of news you gotta SHOUT to the high heavens and do a jig! What you are talking about vain? What vain?! I've got to tell you, too, I've been doing the TLT/Cathe/Christi rotation now for about two weeks. I've also started doing a bit of yoga every day. The only thing I changed in my diet is that I switched from oatmeal in the morning, to a big bowl of 1/2 apple, kiwi, low-fat yogurt and cottage cheese...and I definitely feel a difference in my belly. I don't know what it is - what's changing it - but I seem to hold my belly in without having to try. I'll also know better in a couple more weeks, so let's be sure to update!! Oh, and, can I have some of that cookie?

Jeanette - I literally have not stopped thinking about you. I've been eager to read your post since seeing the doctor. I was so happy to see you had posted. YAY!!! The lump in your arm pit is ....a what? LOL. A bone? How in the heck does one manage to have a bone sticking out from one's armpit?! Well, who the heck cares, that's fantastic news! Nice bonus that you got to have your pap and not have to wait in line, either! Anyway, major relief. Thank goodness.

I tell you, for you and Charlotte to only burn a couple hundred calories for cardio,...you guys are in major shape. I spend my days sitting and I work at home a lot, so I don't even take a step outside often. You, you're like on your bike and on your horse or on your walk or sweet potato run or on some kind of activity thing. No wonder it takes your body so much more to burn more. When I exercise, my body is like, "wait on here, what the heck do you think you're doing? Are we not sitting today?!"

OooOOoOoOoh, apple cake with frosting. That sounds evil. Evil in the best of ways.

Okay, I'm off to go and sit. LOL.

Have a good sleep and a good day everyone!

I hope Michele's trip is going well...

Good morning!

Today's workout called for Drill Max, but you know what? I've had enough cardio so far this week, it's like every darn day. I'm missing more weight work. I did a premix from Drill Max that was all weight work but was pretty fun. I did enjoy it. I did a Cardio Coach on the bike last night so yes, I'm cardio'd out.

August, I saw you in a P90X thread last night. Hmmm... I'm really thinking of buying this system, there are soooo many raves about it and how effective it is. You know, when I do more weight intensive rotations, I feel leaner. Think too much cardio makes me hold onto fat and weight or something. You'd think that a person who could ride 100 miles on a bike would be stick thin. Heck no. I usually GAIN weight for a few days after a long ride like that. I know it's water weight, but WTH? Sounds like the P90X system has all that stuff dialed in. I dread the day that my DH opens the cabinet under the TV and sees all of my DVD's LOL. I've come a long way since "Power Yoga for Beginners". That was my first tape, I think about 3 years ago. Anyways, it would probably be better to do P90X before the cycling season really kicks in in the spring. Yeah, the armpit bone thing. You try it, lift your arm up high and then feel your armpit. Do you feel the ends of your upper arm bone where it joins? That's what the dr. felt. He must have thought I was a real hypochondriac or something! Oh well, just checking it out.

How was Humble Beginnings? Was the choreo hard? Can you compare it to her other DVD's?

I'll report back on the evil Thanksgiving potluck today. I tend to skimp on the main dish stuff and go right for the desserts. I am soooo bad, but will really try to be good today. I'm going to picture when I got on the scale yesterday at the dr's office and the number she read off to me that I haven't seen in years. Of course, I had on my heavy Borne shoes and pants and sweater. I wanted to say, hey, let me lighten the load a little, and then strip down to get a number I could live with seeing on the scale.

Must get going, prison calls.

Jeanette

I just did the arm pit test LOL. Haha, I don't think I've ever touched my arm pit that deeply before. But jeez, I'd certainly have gone in, too. In fact, it would be foolish not to go have something you're worried about checked. I'm glad you did and that it's done with, and now you have a fun party story. :)

Yeahhhh, that P90X sounds good, eh? It's all set up for you and you just do it and confuse your muscles. One of our Haters, Jana, who is up to her ears in work, I think got the system and ended up returning a bunch of it, but kept some of them? Is that right, Jana?

That is pretty weird about how you gain water weight after a long ride. What's up with that?! I haven't yet figured out what the magic combination of weights/cardio is for me. But it's always rewarding for me to do really heavy weights like Slow & Heavy. I feel like I'm really doing something. I don't much like the endurance weight stuff.

I did the 2nd Humble Beginnings. I think the choreo on this one is easy to learn and REALLY, REALLY fun. I've got all her workouts, but, sorry if I'm repeating myself, I haven't done most of them yet. I'm trying to really, really learn a few of them before moving on. So far, I really love Happy Hour hi-lo and also Cardio Collectibles.

Well, have a good dessert! LOL. Desserts are totally main dishes for me. Or at least they used to be back in the day when I didn't care what I ate :p . Have fun in jail and chat with you later!

Hello!!!

I'm home, finally! I got back late yesterday. Talk about a depressing trip--UGH! I would've posted sooner but my computer crashedx(. Anyway, I've caught up with all the threads since I left but now I don't have time to reply.

Jeanette, I'm so relieved to know you're OK. Having the doctor check it was the right thing to do for sure. Thanks for the evil recipe:p :9 . I'll probably make that when everyone is home for Christmas. I know it will be a big hit.

August, I'm freaked out by reports of an earthquake and tsunami in Japan!! Please tell me you're alright. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are affected.

Diane, I thought the November rotation might be too ambitious for you with your work schedule. I think 5FF is perfect for you but you HAVE TO DO IT or I'm coming over there :p . You know, I was close by in Oklahoma these past few days and I thought about coming over to your house and delivering your punishment:p :7

Kate, Dana, Jana, Ellen--WHERE ARE YOU!?

I have to run for now. I have so much to do to catch up I can't see straight. On top of everything else, somethings up with my car and I need to try and have it checked out, AND my furnace appears to not be working x( x( x( .

Have a great day and I'll see you later this evening. :* :*

WELCOME BACK, MICHELE!!!

It must have been a difficult trip, but I'm sure your relatives were so comforted to have you both there. Anyway, you and your DH must be exhausted. Rest well!

We missed you so much. Even your computer, your car and your furnace missed you so much! How's kitty?

All is fine in Tokyo. In fact, I didn't know anything about the big typhoon in Hokkaido (it's fairly far away from Tokyo) until my Mom told me this evening (I don't really watch TV). I didn't feel the earthquake at all. But I hear tonight they expect the tsunami you mentioned to be over two meters high. People have been told to leave their homes and go somewhere high up. That would be so awful! I hope everyone will be all right.

Yes, where are our lost Haters?!

All right, it's past 1am, so I guess I should start getting ready for bed. It's suddenly getting colder here. x( Gotta get out my floofy socks!

:*

Hey! Just checking in really quick here. I got a bypass password to the blocked sites (thanks to our network director), so I can check in if I get time during my lunch.

Guess what I did? I got up at 4:00 to workout. I've got to do something b/c I feel and look like crap. So I drug myself out of bed, had some coffee and went down to the dungeon. I did the 47 minute premix from Low Impact Circuit. I liked it. Didn't have the band so I had to improvise. I'm going to order a new band from Collage this weekend.

I gotta get going b/f my time here runs out.

Hello everyone and I"ll try to check in tomorrow when I can stay a bit longer.

Bye!

Hi everyone- I am glad to hear you are fine August- I was thinking about you too when I heard news of a tsunami-do you remember when I said I hate weights & love cardio? well I am starting to really like these gymstyles- I don't get it- I work so hard at it and lift to fatigue but I'm liking it more than endurance-does that make sense?-I guess with endurance I just felt like I was lifting ho-hum, a little bit of sweat here and there but with heavier weights I feel like I am really accomplishing something and it kicks my butt- I guess if I'm gonna lift it should feel like I'm getting something done (sorry to sound random, but above you mentioned liking slow & heavy which I don't have- are they as hard as gymstyles?)--talk to you later--deb

Hello,

Michelle, glad to see you back. Sorry about the furnace and the computer and sorry your trip was not so pleasant. You probably aren't too far behind on your rotation for November. Got to say one thing, I do miss doing more concentrated weight work. Everyday is a cardio day. My body likes doing weights for me to stay a bit leaner.

Dana, glad you got to do LIC. That is a fun workout. I like the premixes on it too.

Hi Deb,
I have Slow & Heavy and they are different than GS, of course, but effective. You do have to concentrate though. I've had good results from S&H. For some reason lifting heavy weights makes me get really hungry during the workout. I like that feeling. Makes me feel like I'm burning fat. Hate it when I'm never really hungry, just blah.

Oh yeah, the Thanksgiving potluck at work was good. I did resist a lot of the desserts and main dishes. Had a small piece of pumpkin pie and a teeny piece of my apple cake (I must say, it was very good and I got lots and lots of compliments on it).

Must go, have cardio (again) on the schedule tomorrow. Think I will do a Christi Taylor. May have to order the Humble Beginnings. Is this one on her website? Guess I'll have to check.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.