I Hate Cardio - Nov 14

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

All this talk on the open forum about Christi got me all in the mood, and when I looked at my rotation to see what was on the menu for today, I got so excited to see that today is CHRISTI STEP!

Which one should I do? Which one should I do? I got all excited and then realized that I was looking at tomorrow's schedule LOL.

So today is Strength in Movement, and I'm off to do that right this moment.

Jeanette - I can imagine how the band/dumb bell thing might get frustrating. Does Cathe say that that's part of the work - I mean, to keep it from going unevenly, or is that just a problem with positioning? Anyway, annoying. I'm a slug since I find even switching the weights back and forth on my barbell fairly annoying, and when I have to do it often within a workout,...well, urgh. Must be why I never reach for my Pyramids.

You and Charlotte got me wondering if I'd read my HRM correctly, so I went to check it LOL. Yesterday's workout was an hour and ten minutes (I kept it on for warmup, cooldown, and bathroom heh) 590 calories (40% fat), and my HR was 75%-92%. I was surprised to see that caloric number since for cardio I average about 400 calories usually.

I remember you talking about Shiva Rea. Do you have any other ones that you use regularly?

Deb - I'm glad you're around! But I'm sorry to hear that you've got 3 sick kids. That's awful. I hope they feel better soon.

Diane - You're cute. I hope that "ashamed" thing was in jest! We scowl, but only in jest!

Hope the rest of you will also be having a kickbutt day!

Oh boy, I get to do Christi tomorrow!! :)

This poor a$$ thread was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down at the bottom, so I thought I'd bump it up, just in case any haters decide to join in today LOL.

:)

No time to post much right now, but I'll be back later.

Got to jump in the shower. Actually, that sounds like cardio so better not do that.

Jeanette

I did BodyMax2 step for 30 minutes and then stability ball abs from Butts & Guts (as per the rotation). Tonite is a Cardio Coach on the bike. Not sure which one.

Wish me luck. I'm going to the dr. this afternoon. I found a lump in my left armpit that needs to be checked. Also getting a pap, you know, the pleasant stuff.

Have good workouts today.

Jeanette :7

Hey, Jeanette. Mystery lumps and mystery pains...the imagination is usually the worst part.

I will be sending you all the best vibes from Tokyo for a good report from the doctor. Please do tell us how the checkup goes.

Hey, at least you can get the bonus pap and get it out of the way with one stone. "Hey doc, could you check this bump on my armpit, and uh, while you're at it..." Heh.

:* :) :* :) :* :) GOOD VIBES AND WISHES COMING TO YOU :* :) :* :) :* :)

Hi Ladies -

I have been working like crazy lately and will continue to do so until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when I have a couple motions due. So my check-ins will be limited and my exercise probably will be too. I am thinking of doing some kind of abbreviated workouts during this time. I know I don't have an hour to spare, but maybe something more like 5 factor in order to get me through this week.

I hope everyone is well and doing their workouts!!

Hi August & everyone else--August i am remembering that I was to tell you if I found a workout plan that was getting rid of my belly bulge (I think-I can't be sure- but I really do think it's starting to disappear-man,I feel really shallow writing this but I'm working my butt off and thought you would want to know)I am doing gymstyles and I do HIIT 2x week and 2-3 x week steady state cardio & 2-3 x week ab work-wheww-I'll let you know in another 2-3 weeks if I was just imagining it or if its really working-once again I apologize for sounding vain and I will make it up to you by explaining the meaning of life sometine but oh wait there is a chocolate chip cookie calling my name so it will have to wait-LOL---deb

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know the dr. appointment went good (as good as a pap can be) and the lump, get this, he thinks is my arm bone. We could x-ray, but think I will hold off and watch it. He's definite it's not a lymph node at all. I feel kind of silly now, but hey, I got in to see the dr. faster by saying the word "lump". Actually, you have to wait a really long time to see him. We call him "Oz". Most of the time I just see a physician's assistant, but this time it was the real deal. Thanks for the good vibes from Tokyo. I could feel them :)

I did Cardio Coach #3 tonite on my bike and burned a whopping 207 calories and that was stretching the workout out with the cooldown. However, I do feel energized, so that's a good thing cuz Drill Max is on tap tomorrow morning :eek: Might have to do a premix as I only have 60 minutes to work out.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is our Thanksgiving potluck at work. I just made an apple cake, complete with cream cheese frosting. However, the scale doesn't like me here lately so I'll just keep that number in mind when I'm in line waiting to serve up. How come it takes forever to get any weight off, but oh so easy to put on?

Diane, we all get busy, but glad you have some less time consuming workouts to fall back on. These new workouts are long, but glad for the premixes.

Deb, I'm thinking I did better with burning fat when I was doing more weight lifting than this circuit rotation, but I'm still enjoying it. I'll be looking for a rotation next that lets me concentrate more on lifting. It just agrees with my system when I switch back to it.

August, I have never done the Pyramids lower body all the way, adjusting the barbell and all. Think I use dumbbells instead and tell myself I'm trying not to bulk cuz it's easier than switching the barbell. I'm lazy... Wow, 590 calories. I can hardly break 200! I have the metabolism of a sloth, I swear. If I was a beef, my type would be much in demand for fattening up at the feed lot as it doesn't take much to make me put on weight LOL. That should be a good thing in nature, shouldn't it? We take less food to keep going.

Got to go now, will check back later.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.