I Hate Cardio - July 29th

dianet

Cathlete
ITS KITTY DAY!!!

C:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D

Can you tell I am excited? We pick them up in a few hours I can't wait. I will have to post some pictures soon.

I don't think I am working out today. I got my hair highlighted yesterday and she added some low lights too, so I don't really want to wash my hair today because color washes out so easily for me. So no workout today, or maybe just some abs or something that would make me sweaty.

Did I tell y'all I have a bowling party tonight. It is a recruiting event and it is usually pretty fun every year. Jana, we go to 100% Taquito and then Palace Lanes, so pretty laid back. Should be about 60 people or so, so we are taking over the bowling alley. While it is usually a fun event, DH and I really don't want to leave the kittens all alone on their first night. But we have the go, the partner that hosts it is in my work group and gets mad if people from his group don't go. It is funny, he is this big powerful partner, but still gets really worried that people won't show up to his party. He gets all nervous that is party won't be "cool," like he is in the 2nd grade and no one came his birthday party at Chuckie Cheese. Pretty funny.

The corporate life, eh. I always thought all this extra stuff that you have to do for the job was just too much. I never said I was the career type, but I mean you have to be there all the time and yet you have to spend your off time too. What ever happened to the private life?

Congrats on your babies. Oh, they are so cute. I can understand why you don't want to leave them. It is true of human babies that they are not babies very long, but kitties are young so much less time.

So, Diane, what color is your hair? My is a natural med brown but I have it highlighted to dark blonde.

Gotta get to my step, it is cardio day. Thrills!

Hi girls!

Diane!!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you! I can't believe you have to go to a recruiting party on your kittie's first night in their new home. I'm sure they'll be fine but I know you'll be thinking about them the whole time you're out. I can't wait for pictures. I'm the same way after I get my hair colored. Of course, I'm old and gray so I have to color and highlight. It's such a pain but I have to color every 4 weeks or else I'll have icky gray roots. I do the highlights every 3 months. If I do them more often than that my hair gets really dry and fly away, like tumbleweed--lol!

Kate, what cardio are you doing today? I'm going to play eeny meeny miney moe with my cardio DVD's because I can't decide which one to do. I think I'm going to order Lowmax and Kickmax next week. I agree with you about separating your work life and private life. My DH only has a work life--well, he is "sort of" free on the weekends. He usually has several letters he has to dictate and calls to make. He doesn't have to be on call very many weekends, though.

Janjan, August, Dana--what are you girls doing this weekend? Janjan, did you go to that exhibit? How was it?

I just got home fromt the car rental place. I had to rent a car yesterday and I left my garage door opener in the rental last nightx(. I need to whip up some breakfast now. Have a nice day and I'll see you tomorrow.

Ok here is the first pic of the new kittens.

http://www.cathappy.com/torti

taken by the foster mom when we were at their house. Right now we are in the office with them letter them get acclimated. The cycle between hiding and letting me pet them for a few minutes. Both Sadie and Gracie have already crawled into my lap a couple times. I will send more pics once they get a little less scared and aren't so camera shy.

I love the kitty pictures. Absolutely adorable. Now, you, Diane, must be home more to take care of the kitties. No more extra work for you, you are new mother!

Michele, I did LowMax (sans the warm-up), Lotte Berk Abs and Cathe's first stretch. Am I getting more flexible? Am I? ehhh, but it feels good and there is no stepping.

Ah, kids need me again. Take care!
Kate

Of course my camera batteries died and we are out of batteries. I will have to take some pics later once we get some batteries.

The first few hours were pretty hard, they were so scared from their long trip home, first time away from mom, and intro to the scary new world of our office. Gracie hissed at Sadie a lot, we were really worried for a while that she was just a mean cat. But she was probably just really scared, and they seem to be getting along again. Both are starting to allow being petted more. So hopefully in a few weeks they will be completely integrated into the family.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.