I Hate Cardio - July 27

August

Cathlete
Hi!

You all will be so proud of me! As you know, today is my high calorie day. And in BFFM, it says if you are going to have a cheat meal, do it on your high day.

So..............no sticky rice! I just finished a Snickers. I don't know how long it's been since I've had one and Holy Mother of Barley, it was so soft and gooey (and actually, smaller than I remember :-( :p ). Oh man, man, man. I have never ever savored a candy bar like I did today LMAO! I also have never put so much thought into eating it. I was so torn between the Snickers or a cinnamon bun....but then I thought, you know, a cinnamon bun is an awful big hunk of dough. I mean, I have not eaten dough for like...long enough that my stomach might find it to be a foreign object and reject. And I've got to go on that business trip from tomorrow, and chancing "rejection" (or lack there of :* ) on an airplane is probably not the wisest thing to do.

Ahhhhh, Snickers.

Okay, I'm off to a meeting. Hope I don't fall asleep. Haha.

Morning August and everyone else. Yum, a Snickers sounds yummy! I haven't eaten one of them in like forever. So how were your measurements?

Man am I tired. Last night I was telling DH that I am sleep deprived (what is it with this group). I have no trouble falling or staying asleep but Gannon likes to get up fussing several times througout the night so I don't get an interrupted night. I usually fall asleep between 10-10:30 and get up at 4:30 so that is like 6 hours of sleep. I think my body really needs like 9 hours. I get more sleep on the weekends and I feel so much better.

So . . .

Michele: As of yesterday's post you didn't do any cardio. What is up with that woman? Did you decide to squeeze some in or just say the heck with it? How are you feeling? Did you guys get your a/c fixed? Just saw on the weather this am that another heat wave is coming through Pa.

Diane: I think about you often and wonder if you are getting any sleep. You are working yourself way too hard (actually your firm is!), you always have something going on and you can't sleep. Have you made your dr appt yet? Do you have any vacation time at work? I think you need another nice weekend get away with your DH and to relax! Maybe you could take some time off when you get the kitties? Turn off your phone, etc. and take it easy!

Jan-Jan: What is up with you? I HATE you ya know? Losing 6 lbs like that with little effort. You suck!!! HA, ya know I"m just kidding you??? That is great. **high five**

Kate: you didn't post much yesterday???? Your DD sounds so cute. How are the kiddos behaving this summer? When do they go back to school? The school where I work goes back the 2th. My son will start K on Sept 5. Will you be volunteering this school year?

Today's workout is Lower Body. I have to break it up into 2 sessions. I'll do leg press machine, leg extensions and hamsstring curls on the machines. I'll probably add some lunges and step ups with time permitting. Then tonight I"ll do antother 20-30 minutes of LB to complete the workout. I"m starting not to hate LB so much.

I"ve got to take Gabe after work to regisiter him for a new daycare. The one that the boys currently attend is not in the school district where we live so he won't be able to go there after school. He'll ride the bus to school in the mornings and then be bused to the daycare after school. He'll be there for about an hour. So I'll be running to one daycare for Gannon (which is 2 min from where I work) then the daycare Gabe will be at is like 10 min away from my house (in the other direction) so it won't be until like 4:30 til I get home. Then I"ll have to cook dinner, homework, clean, etc. I'm not looking forward to this at all!!! I wish that I could just stay home.

I really, really wanted to go for a walk this am but it is already 5:30 and the sun is barely up. I live in a rural area so no outside lights. Darn!!! I really wanted to get some fresh air this am, might have woken me up.

It's 5:30 so I gotta get going.

Have a great day everyone and make sure you all (excluding me of course) do your cardio!

Toodles!!!

Hi, I'm back. I didn't fall asleep.

Hey, Dana, my measurements, you ask? Well, in just this last week alone, I've uncovered two incredible little-known secrets about green beans.

1) Eating green beans at night makes you fall asleep.
2) Eating extra green beans makes you gain a pound of fat.

I know these two facts are hard to believe, but this is what I have proven this week. Perhaps next week I should take it on myself to see about the secrets of daily Snickers is. Hmmm.

Yeah, what is up with us and leg (covering both knees and feet) and then sleep deprivation? In what ailment shall we all partake next, girls? Or will our TTOM start happening in sync do you suppose?

Hey, you're starting not to hate LB workouts? You know what that means? If you're starting to like it, it means it's getting easier, which means you're legs are improving, girl! Woo hoo!

Urgh, the dropping off and picking up situation sounds like a bummer. Hope you have a good stereo in your car - at least you can enjoy some good music!

Okay, well, my high calorie day is almost over ;( . I'm eating organic nonsalted peanut butter out of the jar with my barley tea right now. :7 .......hope you guys are having a good day!

Well hello everyone!

Another rainy day with humidity about 2000%, oh how I just love that humidity! Geeze!

So once again I could not fall asleep and DD woke up about 4x's last night crying so no good sleep. I think I fell asleep around 12 and woke up at 5:30, but again 4x's in between that I could not sleep.

I am starting to get real tired...anyone else?? What is up???

Dana-My point being the other day about the loosing the lbs is that you could be "over doing" it and sometimes just backing off a little might do the trick. Know what I mean?? I also think after a baby those lbs hang around until they feel like coming off and then they slowly start to come off. Following me??? Just try to give yourself a little break and remember your are human and a woman and our bodies are nuts bottom line. If it makes you feel any better, my a** is stilll large. :p

August-go to sleep. The green beans were not magic for me at all. I also love, love, love barley tea! It is sooooo yummy!!! I had it at a sushi place a few years ago and thought they were nuts, but now, oh yum...yum...yum....Snickers, ohhhh yummy}( }( }( }( }(
I think I am going for some italian for my cheat meal this week. Looking forward to it.

Michele-Michele..Michele...where oh where are you????

Diane-uhhhhh....can we get a break with this weather. Did you sleep any last night??? Find a Dr yet???

Kate-getting any cooler out there for you? What cardio do you have today? Can you do some for me also??

Ok, well I have got to get it in motion today. I have a busy day and must get it together today, bottom line. I have been slacking wayyyyy toooooo mmmmmmuuuuuuuccccccchhhhhhhh

So everyone have a good day!
janjan

I got a little sleep last night!! 7 hours I think. I woke up feeling like crap this morning, but feel a little better now that I am at work. I think I just need to catch up on some sleep on Sunday and hopefully I will be back on track. DH is all messed up with sleep too - he was always so disciplined about waking up every morning and working out, but now he hasn't for like a month. We are both a little beat down I think.

Jana - This weather is really icky. I have had to wear my hair curly the past few days because there is no point blow drying it straight in this weather. How is PT going?

Dana - You are doing great on BFL, no reason to feel bad. Why is everyone having sleep problems? At least you have a real reason!

August - You will have to let us know how the Snickers diet works out. You could make a fortune on it if it does!

Kate - What torture do you have planned today?

Michele - Please tell me that at least you got some sleep. Is the humidity getting better? Have you done your cardio yet?

My DD is cute. Thank you
Snickers??? I am thinking of Snickers right now. Yum. Oh my goodnes, all that chocolate, caramel and nougat. Oh my my my my mymymymymym..........................
Thank goodness you got some sleep last night. I hope you are feeling a little better. Sleep was such a bad idea when we were formed. I just don't see the reason. I agree that if I didn't sleep, that there would be more time to eat, but think of the positives, more time for cardio!

I remember the drop off and pickup, what a nightmare. I feel for you. Exhausting. Just one more thing to add to the list.

No workout for me today. I am trying to stop being so obsessive. I am still eating lots of yogurt and it seems to work. As long as there is cherry, blackberry and bosenberry, that is. I have cut cardio to three hours, legs to three hours, upper to one hour, abs to one hour and stretch to one hour per DAY. Ha, per week, that is

Love Project Runway. Absolutely love it. I remember enjoying Queer Eye but after the second show, I got bored. All the same thing. Project Runway just keeps getting better and better. Oh, look at me, excited by what is on telelvision. I need serious help.

Going to Nimbus Dam today with the kids for water recreation. They rent kayaks, paddle boats etc. They supply life jackets. I have lived her over 20 years and I didn't even know about it until last week. The moms from last years kindergarten are getting the kids and silbings together once per week now for fun until school starts. 25 days for school Yeah. Yeah. yaeh!

Kate - Oh my gosh how did I forget to watch Project Runway last night. Hopefully my tivo caught it and I can watch it tonight.

Hi!

OMG, I've been sick as he!!. I develpoed a full blown migraine last night, complete with vomiting (sorry if that's TMI). It's better today but still lingering. I'm sure it's from the hot, humid, and rainy weather we're having.

Because of ^^^ I did not do my work out yesterday and probably won't do one today either. I'm actually a little dehydrated from vomiting and I haven't had much of an appetite today. I've been out all day running errands that couldn't be put off. Anyway, I just got home and now I have to lie down for a bit. I'll check back later tonight.

Michele - I hope you are feeling a little better. That sounds horrible. No cardio for you today. Prescription from Dr. Diane. I have a doctorate, but it is just a juris doctorate. But technically I am a doctor, just a doctor of the law.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.