I Hate Cardio - July 25

August

Cathlete
G'mornin!

Last night I fell fast asleep at 1am...and woke wide awake at 1:40am.

WTF x( x( x( !!

I almost logged on to see if any of you guys were around, but then I figured that wouldn't help out my situation much ;) so I just stayed in bed like a good girl and fell asleep a little past 3am (I think). I got so hungry at 2:30am though...but I've been doing so fantastic with my eating...so I just snuck a handful of green beans. Ooooh, sinful me LOL. :*

Anyway, did Kickmax this morning and fhmfhm number of blasts, had a smoothie and am now drinking barley tea. Yeah, you heard me. Barley tea. Actually, I've always loved barley tea and it has nothing to do with my new barley thang. Oh, Michele, I bought more barley the day before yesterday (the packets only hold 300 grams - maybe a cup and a half raw?). I took a closer look at the other barleys - lots of them were rolled, half of them weren't organic...but there was another one where the grain was a smaller version of the one I have - like the grain was half the size. The woman told me it's good for adding into white rice. But obviously I'm not doing the white rice thang, so I just stuck with my regular "big" pearl barley.

All right, before I bore anyone back into bed, I'm off.

Oh, hey, I've got a whole jar of tahini that is just sitting in my fridge. Anyone have any easy, healthy ideas besides hummus (which I love, I just don't want to make it LOL) ?

I too was up and couldn't get back right away. I wish sleeping wasn't necessary. Think of how good we all would feel if sleeping were not a requirement. Oh well, it is.

Ooooh, those beans sound so yummy in the middle of the night....NO Way. Actually, I always go for the bananas cuz they will me up and I usually can get back to sleep within a decent time. Why can't I eat like this all the time? Poor poor pitiful me.

I can't find my Kickmax anywhere. I wanted to do it yesterday, I had to opt for KPC. I guess that isn't the worst thing that can happen. Sure it is, when working out is a big part of your life, how can one go on if they have misplaced their workouts. I can't do this anymore, I can't. Oh, Kate, get a grip

Fun stuff today, weights. Whoopee! I am going to do GS Legs, abs and big time stretch. I am cutting 60 mins of cardio out per week and adding 60 mins of upper body. Now I know you all are thinking "how can someone just cut out so much cardio?" and yes, I understand but honestly people, you just have to take a deep breath and understand that there is more to life than cardio. What the h___ am I saying? Must be the heat that is making me delirious.

Have a great day. On to get my weight gloves.

Kate

Hello haters!

My DH had to stay at the hospital last night so I slept in late this morning. I really needed that after the long sleepless night the night before. I made it all the way through LIS yesterday:) . I did have to modify a little but at least I didn't feel like I was going to pass out this time. I seem to have developed plantar faciitis of my right foot though;( . It's not too bad yet. I'm prone to this because of my high arches;( . I've been doing a lot of calf stretches and exercises to strengthen my ankle and soften the plantar fascia. I may need to see a podiatrist--I have prescription orthotics but they're about 8 years old and I should probably get a new pair. I'm doing strength training of some sort today but I haven't decided which DVD to use. I might go for the weights only part of C&W.

August, sorry I missed you last night. Barely tea? I never knew there was such a thing. I think you've gone overboard here on barley--lol! You're becoming addicted to all those magical powers. I never did make that barley salad but I have a hankering for it so I'll probably make some this week--maybe over the weekend. I'll do a little research and see if I can find you some tahini recipes. I've never used it for anything but hummus either.

Diane, I've said it before but it bears repeating, you are working too hard. I can't get over how many hours you put in, plus keeping up with your house blessings, all your company--holy cow!! Just typing that out makes me want to take a nap--lol! I can't wait for you to get your kitties home:+ . Were you able to wake up early today?

Janjan, where are you!? I miss you. Are you buried under a pile of school papers? How's your PT coming along?

Dana, I hope you have a chance to come out and play for a bit. It's always so nice to see your posts. I miss you, too!

Kate, how are you bearing up under the heat? I'm surprised that you've had so much humidity. I've always thought you had a dry climate out your way. My hats off to you for being able to tough it out through an intense workout. You're a better woman than me, that's for sure. I'm the mayor of Weenie Town.

Well, I better get moving. I have a lot to do including laundry and a long list of errands. I'll check back later:* :*

ETA a wave to Kate. Kate, we posted at the same time. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you're cutting out 60 minutes of cardio. I mean, I really can't believe it--not about YOU, you nut, you--lol!

August, I've been looking for recipes that use tahini and I managed to dig up a few. They're all classified as "EASY" and I don't think any of them require an oven--lol! Oh, and 2 of them are Asian so you shouldn't have any trouble finding the ingredients.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_1384,00.html

Here's one from Ming Tsai (he's from my neck of the woods):
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_12,00.html

This looks interesting and it's only supposed to take 12 minutes to make:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_4108,00.html

Hello everyone,

Yes Michele I have been burried under a pile of school crap. UHHHHH....my frustration is super duper high right now with this class and my grade is getting worse by the day. It is really stupid too why my grade is slipping. I should have never taken this class on line, this is a in class, class, not a good on line class. I can choose to take on line or in class, but I figured this was going to be better.....never again....I am over it...

Moving right along...second gripe of the day...PT. I had a new one these past 2 days and he is not happy with what the other one is doing and says my knee is not where it should be for 6 weeks post op. It is behind and there is just too much swelling which is not good. So, now I am banned from the bike for 3 days to see if it is any better. Geeze..I am over it.

Anyway, I could not sleep either last night. I was up at 4:30 wide awake and buring up in my bed last night. I just got up because I was sooo hot. For some reason my house felt really hot, the a/c was at 73 so I have no idea what is up. Normally I keep it up at 75 during the day because we have so much tile it does not get too hot and I am trying to save $$ on the light bill (which was $420 last month YIKES!) so I am doing what I can and it's nuts.

Tonight is going to be a long night, got the ball game tonight and since we now live so far from the ball park we won't get home until late. I love baseball, besides soccer best sport.

Ok, well that is my rant for the day. Sorry to be short.
Hello to everyone!
Got to try and finsh some school stuff and then get out of the house for a bit.

I will check back in later.

Have a good one everyone!
janjan

Gosh, looks like we are all having sleep problems. I worked really late last night, was totally exhausted when I got home, but still couldn't go to sleep for a long time. I just needed time to wind down. Did not workout this morning.

I might have another crazy day today, but hopefully not so late. I finished one huge project yesterday and that was a relief, but then people find out I am done with something and just pile more stuff on. Can't I get a break!

Only good thing is that this one big case I am working on has about 10 attorneys working on it that order in lunch and dinner from a restaurant every day because it is so crazy busy. I am not working enough on the case that I get to participate in free lunch. Though that could be dangerous and I could either 1) eat horribly unhealthy food because it is free or 2) get more assignments because I am surrounded by other attorneys looking to pawn things off on a lower attorney.

Now Diane, don't you wish you hadn't studied so hard in school? You could have some 40 hour per week job with nothing to take home. Just kidding. Okay,the reason I never went to law school was
1. It required studying
2. It required studying
3. It required studying
4. And if I did study and then pass the bar, I would be required to
go to work everyday.

Deadbeat here. I only did GS Legs today. I am sooooo tired. It has been over 105 every day for nine days now and the a/c doesnt make much of a difference, the house will not go below 90. I need sleep, oh lovely sleep

Kate

Kate - Oh, sometimes I really do wish that I wouldn't have pushed myself so hard, or at least chosen a different career path. All I got in the end was a huge school debt for which I had to take a job where I push myself too hard so that I can pay off my huge school debt. If I would have not gone to law school, I would have no debt and a normal job with normal hours. I would probably be taking home the same amount of $$ anyway because of the higher taxes I have to pay and the loan payments I have to make. Sorta dumb once you think about it.

Oh well, that is where I am at. And only about one more year of this kinda work until I am a SAHM. AND, I would have never met my DH if I wasn't a lawyer (we met at work during the summer when we are interning during law school). So I guess it all works out in the end. It will be kinda neat to be a SAHM and say that I was a lawyer once upon a time.

I think that my next career (after the babies are a little older) will be a real estate agent. My mom does it (she started after she retired from civil service about 5 years ago) and she loves it. She has a lot of freedom, can work from home, and it is not a full time gig. Hopefully I can pull something like that, where it is just part time only a few clients at a time. I think it would be fun.

Janjan, I'm so sorry to hear about your setback with PT. Don't be discouraged. It's probably not too big a deal, just make sure you mind her directions because you don't want to cause further aggravation. I don't think I'd have the discipline to do school work online but I applaud those who do. Don't be so hard on yourself. You've really had a lot on your plate.

Kate, you just make me smile, that's all!

Diane, I hear you. I wish I had never gone into nursing but, like you, I probably never would've met my husband had I chosen another career path. We didn't even meet in the hospital, nor have we ever worked together. I knew his roommate in medical school who invited me and my roommates to a party at their house and the rest is history. I wish I would've chosen an entirely different career path--something that has to do with antiquities or history. I don't know, just anything but nursing. There are way too many women in nursing--way too much estrogen--lol!

Michele, darn you, you always have something nice to say to make my day!
Diane, I am feeling for you. Have that baby so you can get some rest! This is the first time I have ever told someone to have a baby to get rest!!!!

I know, I will be going from one sleepless job to the next. I am hoping to take naps when the baby naps. I love naps. I wish I could take one right now...

klajdfiowerjwiejiejwijnhrtioiejrifwjnhipdfoiu90r28374hjilhflaj

Oops, sorry, fell asleep on my keyboard. Back to work. :p

Oh boy Diane, can I ever feel your pain. I keep getting myself into more debt and thinking I need all this education to get ahead, but yet I am overly frustrated with all of the school right now. I did fine before, but I wanted more and more so now I am going nuts with trying to get it all in and the bills for school keep adding up.

I am still scratching my head over all of it. I don't think this is my true career path either, boy that is sad!

That's my 2 cents.
fjknhedl.jenhsfellshrlkzgrnvglrjgfd hzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oops now I just fell asleep! haha!:p :p :p
Sleep what the heck is that????

I don't know what my "true" career path is either.

I was a psychology major in undergrad, interested in working with children with mental illness and disabilities. I worked at mental hospital in the children's dorm for a year, and also worked at the Texas School for the Blind for a year during college with children that had many other disabilities besides blindness. The blind school was my favorite job ever. I wish I could do that now. But I didn't make a ton of money (even to barely pay the bills in college) and sometimes it was just too emotionally draining. I was thinking of teaching special ed, but wasn't sure if I wanted to do that.

So I found myself in law school, and decided to combine the two, doing special education legal work. My job the first summer in law school was with a non-profit organization in Boston called Children's Legal Services. We represented children in various way - acting as their legal advocate in abuse and neglect situations, adoption, special education battles with the schools. It was interesting, but I ended up really being a social worker and not a lawyer. My job was mainly to get the family the services and support they needed to take better care of their children. That was the most emotionally draining job ever - because you just can't make someone become a good parent to their kids, and the legal standards are so high that you can't take the kids away from the abusive parents. So sad. And it did not make enough money to even cover my minimum loan payments. So I "sold-out" and went the big law firm route so that I could pay off these loans and then figure out what to do with my life. Still figuring it out...

Kate - Now there's a concept - living without sleeping. Wow, think of how much you could do! But think about how much you'd have to eat and then do cardio to maintain LOL. Cutting 60 minutes of cardio from your week, Kate?! Next thing you know you'll be eating those beans for a late-night snack!...hope you find your KM.

Michele - Oh no, your foot! That sucks! Cardiohatesville could sub for Legproblemsville sometimes, eh? Although by the look of it on the general discussion, it seems like a lot of people are having knee and arch problems. Sucks. (Actually these days we're also leaning towards Can'tgetadecentnight'ssleepsville, too) I wish I could send you some barley tea, Michele! It's really delicious - no caffeine (which is either a good thing or not LOL) and it has a really deep, robust flavor. Lots of minerals and you can drink it hot or cold. And you are so sweet to go searching around for something for me to do with my tahini. I took a look at the recipes you found and they sound yu-hummy. I'm thinking to try out the one with chicken - I wonder if I can do it without the oil or food processor LOL. The pumpkin one sounds kind of yummy, too. Actually, the soba noodles one sounds good, too, but it uses a lot of sugar (which I no longer have - only barley and green beans over here LOL).

Jana - Well, it's good that the other PT thought that things aren't where they should be and is taking steps to get your knee healthier faster. Was it hurting being on the bike? Anyway, sending good vibes for your knee and grades.

Diane - Funny about the free lunch situation. You gotta love free lunches...but I can see what you mean about the chance of getting roped into more work being around that bunch. Anyway, all your future talk and ideas sounded really exciting! And you're right - you met your DH through law, so I guess the loans are worth that! And with the sounds of it with the work you did with children, you're going to make a great mommy.

LOL, I just came across the other tahini link from you, Michele. Awesome! Thank you! Thank you! I'll have to take a leisurely look at these now!

All right. I'm digesting my oatmeal now and will be doing S&H chest and back today. I have a three-day business trip this weekend so I mushed as many weight workouts that I could fit without doing the same body part in a row this week, figuring I'd be getting um, "cardio" in there somehow, maybe walking the long lengths of the hotel or something. :*

Oh no, I just checked my little To-Do journal and today is not S&H chest and back, it's S&H LEG day. LEG day. LEG day. Urgh, LEG day.

Oh yeah! Of course once I started the exercises I remembered I'd decided to do only floor work for leg for a while...but I have a mental problem about putting in a DVD and then taking it out to put in another (I have to work on that LOL). So I did the leg portion with low weights and semi-squats and lunges and concentrated on squeezing the he!! out of my @ss. It just makes for such an easy workout it makes me feel like I'm not doing much of anything.

Blabbing right along...I hope you guys are getting some good sleep!

Now to rewrite my workout journal with floor work...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.