I HATE Cardio - Dec 5

August

Cathlete
Hello!

>Is picturing August peering at her little computer screen during a workout. Does that make it a little workout?

LMAO.

Michele - AGH! You got it! Nano Nano! (Sorry, that was really stupid.) Congrats! You've been doing...what? How do you do Christi on an elliptical?! More detail, woman, more detail!! Yup, that smoothie is what I have after I workout. It's so great that even though, like Kate, I freeze my butt off if it's less than scalding outside, I eat this soft cream smoothie even in the coldest winter days. Definitely worth a try!

Okay. About your Nano and song names...I have an Apple computer, so I'm not familiar with the other computers and their music thingamabobbers, but when you get your CC into your computer, you should be able to create your own name for those songs into your computer before putting them into your Nano.

So when you get the CC into your computer song list, hand type the names you want in the songs, and then update your Nano.

Did that make sense at all?

Ack, I'm now reading your next post! YAY! You figured out the Nano, and you also helped out CC! Woo hoo!

Oh good, you've rescheduled your appointment.

> I cannot believe I just ordered a pizza

LMAO.

Dana - Hiya, barley breakfast sounds good (haha, at first I wrote barely breakfast). It was actually Jeanette who was asking about the protein bars, but I totally remember you talking about those Myoplex ones. They sound good. That's nice that your friend invited you to join in on the fitness group. Ha, run. I could never run. Hey, you should have invited her to join you in your cardio hate thread LOL. Wow, your parents also had a restaurant? You and Michele - lucky, lucky, lucky!

Kate - The down suit was MY idea! That's why I get first dibs on it when your DD makes the first batch!! LOL. Hope your DD feels better soon.

Okay, I've got Cardio & Weights waiting for me, and then I've got to get my Nintendo Animal Crossing game and shake all the trees to get today's moneybags so I can pay off my village debt LOL.

ETA : Oh! Robin just posted about wine on the previous thread for Dana, in case you didn't see it!

HI there everbody- (I'm picturing myself up on a stage with a handlebar mustache and cane-LOL) anyways-

August- okay this is what I did- I read one of your posts about adding mustard spinach to your smoothies and well I drink smoothies-I love em- anyways I go to the produce market today and pick up mustard greens (have never had them in my life) because they didn't have mustard spinach)-well I add my skim milk and my blueberries and my whey protein pwder and yogurt and I remember to add my mustard greens-well luckily I also brought water with me when I started to drink my shake (I was running errands) because that smoothie burnt my mouth off!!- I had to take sips of water after a couple of chuggs of the shake- it was SPICY??????? What did I do wrong?LOL- does spinach mustard mean spinach mustard??

Dana-about the wine- I am a sweet wine drinker and I have changed from liking zinfandels to chardonnays and now I drink a variety (this sounds great) of sweet wines and my favs are--Hogue Late Harvest Reisling, Hogue Gwertstraminer (sp?) and a Moscato (these are all white wine and I think they are $5-10/bottle also a good red wine is the cheap Lambrusco or a cafe Zinfandel--
a few more questions-- I bought a bag of barley today-what do I do with it?? and what is muesli and what form is it in and where is it at the store or do I have to get it at a specialty store--anyone??

Thanks for any info gals--deb

DEBBBBBBBBBB!

Oh my gosh, you wild woman!! Mustard greens are super healthy for you, but those things are spiceeehhh! LOL! I can't begin to imagine how they must have tasted in your smoothie, and I can't imagine how you must hate me LOL! The greens I use are a Japanese leaf, and when I looked up what they were, they were called mustard spinach, and are supposed to be the even more nutrient-packed version of spinach. But if I were to eat the Japanese leaf on its own (it's called Komatsuna), it's a fairly mild leaf - nowhere near the potent flavor of mustard greens! I'm so sorry I wasn't more detailed!

FORGIVE ME!!:* :+ :7

I hope you'll try your smoothie again with a more mild leaf, because it really is great in the smoothie...when it doesn't have taste or ...burning sensations LOL.

Hi you guys!

How'd I end up going from 1 check in to 4! P90X was a little longer for me yesterday and what with making my lunch, eating, I just didn't have much time to post. Also got home from work late (after a massage) and only had time to read, not post anything on the checkins. Sigh.

Today is PlyoX, which I'll begin in about 20 minutes. I'm looking forward to it.

Michele, congrats on the new Ipod! Think maybe my next one will be an Ipod. I have a Samsung that works okay, but none of the bells and whistles of an Ipod. I'm even thinking of upgrading my HRM to something that actually works near the TV. I'm going to use it today on PlyoX but we'll see as it hasn't worked well in front of the TV before. Glad you rescheduled your yearly. Yes, we all have to share in this misery. Wouldn't want you to go without. Hope you get your car back soon. What a PITA.

Deb, a smoothie experiment gone bad? LOL! August will set you straight. Don't think normal smoothies require extra water, but I could be wrong LOL! How's P90X going? I do PlyoX today. I was starving all day yesterday, though it's more calories than I normally eat. Think it's cuz there was no barley in my day. I love carbs and they are restricted right now. I did have a sweet potato for dinner, along with turkey bacon and string beans.

Dana, I need to look at yesterday's thread where you asked about bike riding. I think any bike will do when you start out. If your friend is on a road bike and you are on a mtn. bike, there will be a pretty big difference in speed. You will be having to work harder for sure (heavier bike, wide tires, more resistance), but that's where I started with it. I then tried a road bike, fell in love with it, and the rest is history. I'll try to answer any questions you may have. If you go out in cold weather keep in mind that your hands, feet and face will get the coldest. I have suggestions for that if you need them.

I hope to have time after work to come back here and post. See ya!

Jeanette

Good morning all.

A spicey smoothie. YUM! I wonder what kind of stateside greens could be used in place of August's Japanese greens? The only time I have smoothies is when we go to St John. We stop at a little roadside stand and get Mango smoothies.

Today is a kickboxing kind of day. I'm not sure if I'll pull out one of the original powerstrikes or do the new one. I think the first series was harder.

I'll try to get back later, but I have to get moving. I'm hoping to get to the mall before work and get some new PJs. My old ones are too big and they creep up my legs, waist and other misc. body parts during the night. Drives me crazy to wake up and have to pull down my jammies.

August, I know that down suit was your idea and I give you full credit. I don't want the same one as you, being about ten inches taller than you, it will be a pair of shorts for me and you can't use mine, mine would be a blanket for you! You must mass market these in many shapes (my broad hips are begging here.....I have a bod like Beyonce, so to speak) and lengths!

NO workout for me today, got up too late again. Yes, I can start it later but I have many many many errands to run today. Have to do the xmas shopping before school is out, for my seven year old that is. You know, my seven year old, the top notch student, the one where my friend this dad did it with the postwoman...but wait.....I had that baby! Still don't know where it came from. Oh well

I feel so guilty because here I am taking two days off for no good reason and I am up for the cold that is going around. I have not been sick with a cold for months. And I bought that mint chip yogurt pie yesterday. Someone out there tell me you cannot resist that! Ah, guilt, the friend to us all. If there was none, then none of us would be working out,right?

Am I ranting again?

Time to run (not literally....I HATE to run.....too broad thru the hips)

Hi,
I'm back after PlyoX today. Good workout and Tony actually huffs and puffs more than I do. It was intense enough for me, but I'm NOT a cardio junky.

Robin, you cracked me up about your PJ's creeping up. I have an old pair that I love, but desperately need new ones. All we have in this town is Walmart and I don't see anything there that would fit the bill. Mango smoothies sound good.

Kate, hope you don't get that blasted cold. I've not gotten one either, but keep getting little hints that I could soon. Yesterday was one of those droopy days and I thought it would hit. Someone even commented on how tired my eyes looked. Today I feel fine. When I get one, it will probably be a doozy. They usually are for me and hang on for a couple of months, with lots of post nasal yuk and mucous and hacking.

August, I had my 1 carb serving today already. It was barley with protein powder sprinkled on it, with cottage cheese and a dab of peanut butter. Yesterday's carb serving was a sweet potato at dinner. I resisted the urge to put butter on it and had it plain (with a smidge of Splenda, my bad, but could have been worse).

Must go to work now,

Jeanette

I cannot believe you people are still on that barley kick. Oooooo. My hands are so cold....don't you just hate it when you can finally get the rest of your body warm, your hands are still cold!!

And the feet............not even shoes and socks can keep those things warm. I WANT summer!!

August- I love that website-the one from Publix- thank you- I asked Dana but I don't think she saw my post-what do I do with the barley I bought?? I will look when I have time on that website for a recipe but maybe you know something//I'm not sorry I had that smoothie with the mustard greens because it probably kickstarted my metabolism up a notch (yeah I'm telling myself that)and I'm not mad-I DARE you to try my new SPICEY smoothie- hey I could start a new fad- LOL

Jeanette- I'm won't be starting P90X until Jan. some time IF I get it for Christmas, so by then I'll be picking your brains about it--

see you gals later--deb

Hi Ladies -

Just stopping by to say hi. Work is crazy again.

I did a premix of Cardio blast or whatever that gift in the new series was called on Sunday. It was 5 drills from DrillMax in a row and that was hard!! My calves are killing me today. Then last night hubbie and I went for a 25 min jog and it was cold outside! I need some winter running gear, my little legs were frozen. I may try to do some yoga or pilates today after work. I haven't had time to read up on what everyone is up to, so I hope everyone is doing well and getting some workouts in where they can.

Deb, I was a barley virgin last week and now I've had it a few times. I just bought the whole barley at the grocery store, soaked it for a couple of hours cuz I had the time and then cooked a big batch with water. It is stored in the fridge in a big container and I just dish out a bowl of it, nuke it for a couple of minutes, put whatever on it that you would oatmeal and eat it. It's chewier than oatmeal, but I like the texture. I'll be buying more, I'm sure. Seems to take me longer to eat than the usual gulp down oatmeal.

Diane, glad you are getting your workouts in. Way to go on getting out into the cold.

Kate, my hands and feet are cold a lot of the time. My mom's are also. She wears "hot hands" taped to her feet all the time. Looks like she's wired with explosives LOL. Poor thing, she does suffer with it. I have a nice little heater under my desk at work to keep my feet warm.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.