I Hate Cardio Check-In, 4/28

Miss Lee

Cathlete
A not so very good morning to my fellow haters! I woke up with a sinus headache--wha! This is a bad year for seasonal allergies.

My rotation calls for a 40 minute brisk walk outside but I think I'm going to substitute one of my many walking DVD's. I can't take all this pollen!

I added a 30 min walk/jog Leslie Sansone to my aork out yesterday which consisted of abs and a stretch.

My darlin' DH has arrived safely in Australia and has completed his first lecture. I think he still has 1 or 2 more to give. Anyway, they've invited him back next year! He wants me to join him for that one. He sais his foot is feeling better but he's taking Ibuprofen around the clock. I just talked to him and he's getting ready for bed. He called to say good night:+ I sure miss the bugger!

You gals have a good one. I'm going to shoot some flonase up my nose and pop an advil...hopefully I'll feel bett in a couple of hours.

Michele

Hi Haters!

Michele,

Read your post so quickly that I thought it said...popped a evil up my nose and shoot some flames, etc. LOL! Glad it really wasn't such...that would be horrid!

Well I extended myself to lowmax (ext. version) and I am waiting for the entire DOMS to set in..so far in my thighs. I am afraid to look at my rotation...give me a minute...

O.k., I am back. Doing breakdown circuit, shoulder work (ummm, not sure about that one..shoulder is kinda bothering me today) and doing some plyo's inbetween. Golly, I GET TO JUMP TODAY!!! YIPPEE~

Have a nice walk. Alittle chilly here today.

Char Char

Haters, I vote allergy season off the island what about you guys?
Man, it is yuck this season.

Michele~ I am glad you were not shooting flames out of your nose, that might burn a bit!
I think I would skip the walk outside and go for the DVD.

Char Char~ you crack me up, that's all I gots to say about that!

DMOney~ hopefully you are not burried under a stack of papers, man I don't miss those days! Oh but they are a commin' soon.

August~ you must still be out doing your cardio

Dana~ where's Dana? How is the 12 week challenge going so far? Any changes yet? Please keep us informed I am cheering for you to win 1st place, I know you can do it!!! FYI-yes Char Char you too!

Ok I am rushed today I need to get in the shower and call the DR for an apt on the knee! yeah! I know what is wrong with me it is called:
Patellofemoral pain syndrome
basically what happens is in my case I was born with a knee cap that does not line up properly with the knee and it causes the pain when putting excess pressure, like squatting, bending the knee, stairs, etc. I was diagnosed with it 3 years ago I had to go back and find my stuff on it. Bad news is there is not much they can do for it, take NASID'S (yes I did take Vioxx, and yes I did have weird heart stuff so I stopped taking it after 3 days), resting, icing, and a orthopedic knee brace which I need to get, also PT can help the knee. So unless I have hurt my self more than this, hopefully the DR can get me the knee brace and order some PT to help the knee. So that's where I am.

Today I did do KM w/out blasts, must watch the asthma and knee, with GS legs minus the lunges (those seem to really bother the knee for some reason). and I am also
B
L
O
A
T
E
D

can we say glad to be a woman today? NOT!

Ok I am out.
Jana

Jan Jan,

That is exactly what the doctor told me was wrong with me knees earlier on, but they don't bother me too much like they did. Sore once in awhile, but not constant anymore. Gave me vioxx too and I threw it in the trash when I got home! LOL! No pills for me! I will find another way...sniff cloves or something..something natural. Glad I didn't take it, now look what we here about vioxx. You have to figure out what aggravates your knees the most and try to avoid. For me, it was running and then doing lunges right afterwards...bad combination for me when I was having the problems. Also, be careful when you go from a squat to a static lunge immediately after. If you turn your knee the wrong way, you are screwed...but you know this, right? Just be careful.

Char Char

Hi there, Haters!

I've had the hiccups all day today. Why on earth is that I wonder? Hey, do I burn extra calories hiccupping?

Michele - Ooh, a trip to Australia sounds great!...Good for you for adding on a Sansone to your workout yesterday. I have one of her workouts but it never really clicked with me. Maybe it's because it's cardio lol.

Charlotte - Hope you had some fantastic jumps!

Dana - oh, yeah, Dana - that's awesome that you are doing the 12-week challenge! We want reports and updates and detailed explanations of what is working so that we can do them, too!! Woo woo, Go Dana!

Jana - Thank goodness you finally have a name for what's going on with your knee. Just having the name must be an awful relief (and that name is a mouthful!) Ohhh, you were diagnosed with it 3 years ago and you were born with it? Oh, jeez,...you mean you might not be able to do....CARDIO?! But seriously, I hope your appointment went well.

Well, today I did KPC and got through the whole thing. I can totally do all of KPC but those dang KM blasts. Urgh. Tomorrow is Power Hour. I just bought this recently so it's the first time I'll try it out and I can't wait!

I've been eyeing other workouts since I've been viewing all those step workouts. I'm thinking to try the CTX series, Cardio Kicks w/Circuit Max, Basic Step w/Body Fusion, IMAX 2 w/cardio & weights, Low Impact Step w/Body Sculpting, and Low Max. I'm also toying with the idea of getting BFFM.

Man, what if I hate step?

I'm having a little problem here....someone knock some sense into me please!

Go for either Imax2 w/C&W or LowMax, I like (I mean hate) LowMax!
LIS is borning, the music is awful, BS&BF too might be too easy if you get through KPC with no problems. I just ordered SPJ w/SB so when I get it I will report how it is.

uh, allergies. May is my month of misery. That on top of cardio--what could be worse. I feel for you. Michele, where do you live?
Today, I did Strong Legs and Abs along with 45 mins of KPC mixed with Boot Camp. Awful, but I am finished. yipee!. Once should be able to get into shape and never have to do cardio again. In a perfect world, I suppose.

Afternoon ladies!

Michele - I have always, always wanted to go to Australia. Hope you get to go next year. Hope you feel better too! My DH has allergies so I know how horrible they can make you feel.

August - I'd go with IMAX2/C&W, you can't go wrong. I've only ever heard good things about CTX. Did you do S&H yesterday?

Jana - glad to hear that you've found out what is wrong with your knee. Did you get in to see the doc? Did he concur with you on what it is? How did Miss Marley sleep for you last night? I try to get bed early so I went to sleep at 9:00 and Gannon was up at 10:30, 11:30, 2:00ish and 4:40. I think he is getting another tooth though.

Char-Char: did you get your workout in yet? How was all that jumping around?

Diane - where are you? Hopefully not buried under a stack of papers.

I think that we've lost Ellen and Robin? Christine(timber)???? She was here yesterday right???

So yesterday's workout was: 3.5 mile walk, S&H legs and 30 min routine with the Urban Rebounder. I enjoyed it but I didn't even break a sweat. Since it is new to me I just did the beginner workout. There is an intermediate one on the DVD - might try that this weekend. Today I walked and tonight I"m doing Bootcamp.

As for the challenge, I really need to clean up my eating. I have such a problem in the evenings. I'm pmsing I think b/c I feel famished all the time. But I did lose 4 lbs this week but it is always the same lbs that I'm losing/gaining/losing. Hopefully I'll be able to keep losing.

Funny thing last night. Have you ever anticipated that something is going to be heavy and when you pick it up it is actually very light and you end up lifting it way up higher then you wanted? Last night during S&H I put down the barbell which I had 50lbs on and went to pick up Gannon to put him in his exersaucer and he nearly went flying. He is 18lbs and he felt light as a feather. LOL

Have a great weekend all! What 'cha all got planned? Tomorrow is Gabe's first soccer game and pictures. Depending on what time we get home we may go for a bike ride. If not, just staying around the house. Sunday is church, visiting with my mom and then taking the kids to www.knoebels.com I'm meeting up with my friend and her daughter so Gabe has someone to ride with.

Later chickies!!!

Too funny about picking up Gannon and almost got him flying! You must have felt like a superhero!

Thanks guys on the advice about the workouts. I've marked your comments down into my little ol' WANT TO GET file. Well, sure, I can get through KPC without a problem, but remember now, I know NOTHING about step. And I'm really choreograph-challenged. And I'm not into dancy stuff. And well, I hate cardio, but you all know that. ;-)

Anybody have anything to say about Cardio Kicks/Circuit Max or Low Max?

Thanks for the heads up on the music in LIS!

:p

Oh, and yup, I did get in all three S&H last week, YEAH! I'm still having trouble with the barbell (if you read my other thread about this)...I've just started using a barbell, but when I do squats, my arms (particularly my right one) totally swells up with blood and aches to high heaven! I mean, my arm hurts more than any muscles in my legs! I'm really at a loss as to what to do about that...;(

Ok August...if you are challenged with chorepgraphy then LowMax is not the way to go. You might want to try either LIS or I think the Classics which will start you on step. BS & BF might also be a good start. LowMax gets you moving, but I still have issues with #3 and I do LowMax a lot. Following me? Step is a lot of fun and you get a great workout with it, but I must warn you the classics are really funny, I mean like from the early 90's and I crack up when I watch it. OMG tell me we are not going to laught at ourselves in a few more years!

Dana~ Superwoman! That is so cute! haha! Poor Gabe got his first flying lesson!
Marley did not sleep again last night. I can't tell if it is the teeth or if she is just noisy when she sleeps. She wakes up a few times, cries a bit and then I roll over to her crib and give her the nuk nuk and she will go back to sleep, then 2 more hours later same thing. She seems to be sleeping better on her side, trust me I put her on her back to sleep, she rolls over to her side, but I don't know what is going on. Is this what Gabe did??? I don't know!
I know what you mean about dinner time being a little difficult to be good on the food. My DH refused to eat anything healthy so I have to make him dinner and me dinner and his looks soooo much better...it's hard! Oh well! You can do this challenge, just keep at it! You are going to do great!!!

Ok I am out!

Hi Everyone - I know it is kinda late so probably most people won't read this, but I finally got out from under my "stack of papers." You should see my desk, it is literally stacks of papers everywhere.

Anyway, yesterday was a day I would like to forget. I already had a bunch of work, then got a bunch of projects dumped on me last minute to finish asap. I got one project at 6 pm last night due this morning!!! I was here until 11 pm (obviously didn't work out after work) then back in the office early and finished by lunch time. Then I had another project due at 2:30 and barely had time for lunch. Then I got several other projects for over the weekend!! These people are killing me! So there was no workout yesterday, and may not be a work out today, I am just too tired. I might just do double duty tomorrow and do a longer workout.

Anyway, at least it is the weekend so I can work from home remotely or just come into work when I feel like it. I will have to work both Saturday and Sunday to get done what I need to be done Monday. I am screwed.

Anyway, I can't wait until all of these projects are over and I can have a normal life again!

Michele...just popped in to say I hope you are feeling better!! Take lots of garlic, raw..chew it up and swallow. It really helps if you take it consistantly. It will probably give you added energy for cardio as well:7 :7 :7 ...I know how you LOVE cardio.

Briee (I LOVE CARDIO, I LOVE CARDIO, I LOVE CARDIO....but I don't do it, okay maybe just a little)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.