I Hate Cardio Check-In, 4/27

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Good morning Haters!! Welcome to our new home! A round of applause is in order for Shelley who took it upon herself to get this new forum, and to SNM for making it a reality...in record time!

For anyone who didn't see my post last night, I barely made it through Body Fusion. I cannot do that last step combo to save myself. It's too dancy with pivots, over the step-face in-over the step, lunges around the step. OMG! I just stared at the TV screen while a steady stream of obscenities flew out of my mouth! That I am a klutz is a well established fact, but I got so dizzy I thought I would puke--really! Please tell me this will get better.

Today is abdominal add on from Basic Step and a segment from Total Body Stretch. What's on tap for you gals?

Michele

Hi Haters!

Michele,

I don't like pivots either. That stuff is not for me. Makes me dizzy as crap. I just stand there and watch Cathe pivot and then I move on to the next thing she is doing...no spinning for me!!!!! I sometimes can't say anything to Cathe because I am just trying to breathe first and wiping sweat off my forehead. LOL! Whenever Cathe says, "Can you feel it"...like during coremax 1 I want to throw something at the TV? In all Cathe's workout, you have got to be feeling it, or your dead or something!!!! GOSH!

So today I am doing Lowmax extended version. Might be hating it some today as my TTOM is coming. Feeling sluggish so it ain't gonna be easy.

Char Char

Toasty, what's the extended version of Lowmax?

I saw your post in another thread asking someone to hike in the mountains with you. I will! Boy, I would LOVE that! I have a cousin near Roanoke. She's a transplant form Ohio and she thinks Virginia is a beautiful place but has had a hard time making friends. She said they don't easily accept new people in the area. I tried to tell her that I don't think that's a Virginia thing. I think that goes on all over the place. Anyway, her DH is going to be transferred again, I think to Maine, so hopefully she'll make good friends there.

Michele

Oh my gosh, girl! It is not like that in the area of Virginia where I live. Everyone here welcomes you into their home. In fact, people get offended if you walk by their home and not stop by. I love living here. It is so easy to make friends here. People are very real here. When I first moved here, I had set up an appt for the electrician to come over. No one showed up. I called and was told they were all hunting???? LOL! These people here are really laid back country folk. Half of them I cannot understand because I am not from Virginia, but from Maryland. Some were raised in the hollows and talk that hollow talk...it is like a totally different language. Sometimes I will just nod my head like I understand, but don't. :p

I would be afraid to go hiking by myself so I don't. I need to take some pictures of my surroundings. It is so beautiful here. Like the Garden of Eden. I do want to see Maine someday. I heard that is a pretty place too.

Charlotte~~

ROTFLMAO!! What is "hollow" talk? I think you need to give us a sample of it...just one sentence--lol!

I got your PM, Toasty. Thanks a lot. It will be awhile before I can do THAT! lol!

Michele

Let me see if I can put it together for you.

Here are some sample words....

"here" is actually "hur"

"there" is actually "der"

"tired" is actually "tarred"

Girl, these are just a few examples. Now if you put it altogether when someone that is from the hollows starts talking, and they start talking fast, you will not understand. I actually adore these people. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

BTW, you can do that extended lowmax, it is not that bad. You know you want to!!!!

Charlotte~~

Morning ladies!

Well I didn't get in my workout last night. Was supposed to do S&H legs but ran out of time. So I"m going to attempt to do it tonight. Today on the rotation it calls for 45 min steady rate run (NO WAY!!!) so I"m just going to use my walk as my cardio. Hopefully I"ll have enough time to do it.

I got my rebounder yesterday. It was very hard to get it together. I am *challenged* in that department so it would probably be easy for the average person. Anyway, I get home from work and I'm so excited so I rush upstairs to put it together. After many attempts, it works and I go to get up and my skirt is stuck in the hinges. Well I couldn't get it collapsed to get my skirt out, I was stuck. So I had to undress and then try and try again to get it collapsed. Did that, got it put back together and tried the DVD. Well the DVD is not set up like Cathe's. It is supposed to have 3 workouts on it but there is not a menu option to choose your workout. It just starts playing so I'm assuming that you have to fast forward through the entire thing to get to the workout you want. That sucks! I only tried it out a bit but I think that I"m going to like it.

Michele, I have never tried BF so I don't know anything about it. But I do know what you mean about the pivots, hop turns, etc. Many times I just cannot do it so I"ll just do a basic or make up my own stuff until I can catch on.

Char-Char: I wish we lived closer b/c I would def go on a hike with you. I LOVE the outdoors and there are so, so many state parks and forests in Pa but I don't have anyone to hike with. My DH is all into racing these days so he won't go, I have no friends that are into fitness and Gabe can only go so far. Didn't you used to live in Pa? What part?

Nobody else here today or what? Maybe having trouble finding our new "home".

Have a cardio-filled workout ladies!

Dana,

Ha ha ha ha ha...you have to run!!!!!}( :+ You can do it though!

Yeah, I use to live in Butler, PA. Had some nice hiking there too at Lake Arthur and a very nice 14 mile bike trail on the northern part of Lake Arthur. Miss those times.

Char Char

Hi Dana! I'm LMAO at your rebounder story! I can see where that would have been an exercise in frustration. I may still get one, I just can't swing it right now. I have to show some restraint with the credit cards for now because Jan - April are the most expensive months for us.

I know what you mean about not having anyone to work out with. My best friend and I used to walk together but I had to stop going with her. She's a maniac! I mean it. First of all she weighs about 90 lbs dripping wet. She has a much longer stride than I do and I can't keep up with her. Also, she goes fast...very fast, right out of the starting gate. She won't warm up or cool down and I just cannot work out that way. Frankly, I dreaded walking with her so I quit. I have a couple of neighbors that wanted to walk but they haven't been able to make the commitment. My DH will walk but he doesn't want to do it aerobically. He likes to stroll. I don't like walking alone so I don't so it very often. I "stroll" in the evenings with my DH and get my cardio indoors :-(

Toasty, thanks for the hollow language lesson--lol.

Michele

Hi everyone. I finally found my way to the check-in message board. It doesn't show up on the forum screen for me so I didn't see it. I was looking for it too! I'm a dork.

Anyway, today's plan is 30 min of Low Max (opposite of extended version) with a short upper body workout and abs. I will do this after work. Maybe one day I can do the extended Low Max!

Diane, this new forum doesn't show up on the forum screen for me, either. I found it by scrolling to the bottom of the page to the "Jump to Another Forum" box. You'll see the new "Check-In and Challenges" forum listed there.

Good luck on your work out.

Michele:)

I am here. Still sleepy, DD is going through this "I don't want to sleep at night any more" phase, she will sleep, but wakes up, so I roll over stick the nuk nuk in her mouth and then she goes back to sleep. However, she is wanting to get up at 5am, which does not work for me. To top it off my allergies are just horrid right now, I could not breath last night I was so congested. So after 6 saline washes I finally gave in and took the Zyrtec and nose spray. Still feel like hell today. I need the Zytrec-D, but I hate taking D's make me too wired.

I don't know why I even bother to write no one reads it anyway!
Let's go down the list:

Char Char~ you my hero! Yerr my hero (that's hollow talk)
9.gif

That's going to be me during the Toasty rotation!

9.gif

that's me after the Toasty rotation
I have my work cut out for me! Think I might learn how to eat something prior to the rotation now, or else I might fall over.

Michele~ how is the DH? How is everything going so far? How about the foot? Is the B/F getting any better? I don't live pivots either, i do either a step touch or a Charleston kick. Play around with it, but they make me dizzy.

DMoney~ I think you got lost on the island! haha! I would not have been in the right place either, but I read about it last night while posting my 2cents on the American Idol.

August~ must be busy doing KM with the blasts right now.

Dana~ girl, that is a funny story about the rebounder.
1.gif

Anyone else? Ok i am out. Have a good Thursday

Hey all, welcome to the new place!

Michele - Body Fusion? I was checking out that workout last night. In fact, I've been watching all the previews for all the Step workouts as if that's going to inspire me to do more cardio or something. Yeah, $50 in a paper bag was not a good idea. Especially since I was using that bag as my garbage bag lol&c (lol and cry). Anyway, don't keep scaring me with pivot talk! I'm trying to psyche myself up to do step! lol

Dana - Hey! What rotation are you doing? I'm doing some kind of S&H rotation but had to replace all the Step workouts with Kickboxing. Heh. My S&H legs actually was supposed to be done on Monday but since I was out of town, I switched it with a cardio day. Shame on me. Shame! Shame!....Oh, hey, now I just read what rotation you're doing. How's Lower Body Bonanza going? It looks really good. Wait a minute...45 minute run?

Tallchick - I can't imagine waking up to realize I had another cardio day lined up. It's just so wonderful waking to realize you DON'T have a cardio day lined up!

Marleysmom - I'm in the middle of my TTOM. Always lovely. That really, really sucks about your knee. You probably wrote about how it got weirded out but I missed it - was there some certain event that did it? It wasn't Kickmax, was it? Lol. Yeah, a few threads ago I got excited thinking that I might be able to do those blasts after having worked out with other stuff for a couple months...pulled it out and nearly chucked up a lung. Oh well, at least the attempt was made, eh? So maybe next time I'll try out that blasts-first-just-a-couple-at-a-time system. I won't give up!........Holy mother! I just looked at your rotation!! Are you nuts?!! Oh, and by the way, we DO read what you write, so keep writing!

Charchar - Don'tcha come after me! I don't run!

Diane - I love to keep a schedule. Waking up and doing a "hmm, what do I feel like today?" thing would probably turn into a "hmm, maybe I won't do anything today." But man, write it down and I'm there! What I did was I looked through all the rotations on the rotations page and copied down the ones I liked. So now I have a ton of rotations in a file that I choose from once a month (right now I'm doing a 3-week S&H rotation that I got from the rotations page). Needless to say I replace the Step workouts with Kickbox (though I'm STILL hoping to somehow catch the Step bug). Somehow I'm not so good with rotations that use several DVDs in one workout. The physical taking out of a DVD signals my brain "you are finished" and then I want my protein shake a.s.a.p. I'm still trying to decide what rotation to do next...Upper Body Bliss or some kind of Muscle Endurance one. Anyway, your 4 days of running/2 days of weights/2 days of abs sounds pretty strong - are you getting good results?

And as for myself...ooh, KPC today.

I had a plan today but when I returned from taking my older daughter to school, cardio just didn't look as appetizing as it usually does (ha!). Anyway, I did five days in a row and that is enough. I will get back into it tomorrow. I will be ready and thrilled to do maybe 60 minutes of cardio. Oh boy, bring tomorrow on cuz I can't wait! Oh, it is a good thing my nose doesn't grow, cuz I would be Pinocchio.

August - I am actually not getting great results, because I am not being consistent with my weight training. My cardio endurance is sooo much better with all the running, but I am starting to lose muscle tone because of lack of weight lifting! I am trying to get back on track with the weight lifting, but it is hard because I have been trying to focus on cardio. For some reason I can only focus on one thing at a time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.