I hate cardio

Tallchick

Cathlete
I am not doing cardio today. I am taking the day off. I have worked out the past 9 or 10 days.

Today we go to school to find out who the children get for their teachers this year (four days). I wrote letters asking for particular teachers. We will see is that helps.

I bought my hand weights at Target. They are velcro. Let us see if does any good. I will give it six months twice per week. And if nothing comes of it, then they will retire to my "waste of time and money box".

I love the blog thing Cathe is doing. And I want those new workouts. I am being patient but I am dying to do DrillMax when I am having an energetic day. I suppose I have not been impatient to this point because I have not had any engery. But the kids are going back to school!

I wasn't done.
120 minutes of cardio in the last 24 hours. That is crazy. What is wrong with you? Did you fall over and hit your head really hard? I mean why else would you do that? Please don't tell me you have fallen into the same trap as August and somehow think Christi is your savior. Because August will come to her senses, I know she will. It has to do with jet lag, at least that is what I can come up with!

All these fitness contraptions are so expensive. Thank goodness for the old dumbells ( I don't even have any barbells...my cheap workout set)
yikes I need to take a shower, the dog is smelling me like I am going to be breakfast!

Kate

Hi Ladies - We didn't get home from the dinner until 11 pm last night, and then of course I had to watch Project Runway, so I did not get enough sleep last night. I didn't even roll into work until 9:45! I am horrible. Anyway, no workout again today, I was late enough as it is. Hopefully I can workout tonight. We are going out of town this weekend, so I can't even really workout this weekend. So frustrating. I am just hoping that I will eventually be able to workout once I stay at home. I would love to be super fit some day in the next few years, where people could actually see my muscles and everything. But that is not happening any time soon.

What did y'all think of last night's project runway? I wish Vincent would have been kicked, everything he has ever made has been horrible. I like Michael, he will go far.

Hi girls!!

My foot is better today. I probably better stay off of it and give it a chance to heal. No workout for me but I'm awfully proud of myself for my LowMax attempt. I thought I did well for a 1st go 'round.

Kate, which workout are you using the hand weights for? Kikboxing? --I hope your kids get the teachers you requested. My sister is a 5th grade teacher and they don't allow parents to choose the teacher at their school. They also don't allow the teachers to pick the students because my sister would do that if she could--lol! --What do you mean you did 120 min of cardio in the past 24 hours? Are you CRAZY? Never mind--don't asnwer that. I already know the answer--lol!

Diane, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time finding time. My DH has the same problem. There just aren't enough hours in a day to accomplish everything that needs to be done. --I've only seen Project runway a few times. Some of those people are, well, odd. It is kind of interesting, though.

Dana, I'm glad to know you're happy with your elliptical. I've always been told that the readouts are geared for a male but I have no clue. I just assume they're not accurate but more of a guide. I'm getting a Precor--I think--lol! DH is going to look at it this weekend. They offered us a high end Precor at the price of a midrange model because those are currently out of stock. --I'm so sorry about the petty bull crap you have to put up with at work. That would drive me crazy! How fortuitous that your boss discovered your co-worker was using your printer and put an end to it! At least you won't have to deal with it on your own. And it's too bad you can't use the gym during the school year, but at least the weather has been nice (here in Ohio, anyway;) ). I can't believe that woman walks 10 miles a day. That seems a tad much too me.

August--are you here yet? We miss you:* :*

Janjan, what'cha doin?

Michele-I did the 120 mins of cardio, not Kate, but it was Kate that inspired me to do it..haha!!!
and BTW-I don't think I will be doing that again for a while, not good for the knee...hehe...

AUGUST-AUGUST...WHERE ARE YOU???? I MISS YOU!!!!

janjan

>Michele-I did the 120 mins of cardio, not Kate, but it was
>Kate that inspired me to do it..haha!!!
>and BTW-I don't think I will be doing that again for a while,
>not good for the knee...hehe...
>
>AUGUST-AUGUST...WHERE ARE YOU???? I MISS YOU!!!!
>
>janjan

Janjan, I'm going to have to whack you with my resistance tube cat-o'-nine tails. I cannot believe you did 120 min of cardio this soon after your surgery:eek: :eek: :eek: . You behave!
:p :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.