I HATE Cardio, 12/4

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Good morning!!!

I miss you squirrelly girls! My weekend was pretty full and I didn't have a chance to check out the forums. I'm STILL without a car. DH's windshield shattered while they were working on his car last Friday so they still have it. I'm hoping they'll be finished with it by tomorrow. I told DH that I have an appt to cut and color my hair first thing in the morning and I must have my car. That's one appt I won't miss however, I did cancel my annual physical exam which was scheduled for this morning :eek: :7 . I've got MY priorities straight--lol!

I need to catch up with our thread from the weekend so I know what y'all've been up to. I'm going to do that as soon as I eat breakfast and then I'll be right back, kay!?:* :*

You are without a car? How can you live? Yikes. I hate being without a car. Everywhere is too far to go without a car and bus service? Yeah, right. I feel for you

I am not working out today. Day off and I have to work in my daughters class today. I also have to go on a field trip Friday so I don't want to run into those two days off in a row thing.

I have nothing to say and must run as I got up early (the real reason I am not working out!) and have to take a shower and and and and eh...nothing.

I'm sorry you are still Carless in Ohio, Michele. LOL about the hair being more important then the physical. I understand, but don't you dare forget to reschedule your physical! I didn't like the look the scale gave me after a weekend that included too many glasses of wine in the evening. I'm planning on kick starting my week with Body Max 2 in about 30 min, as soon as my Kashi Go Lean has a chance to settle. Emily and Jay are both here this morning, so I am free of babysitting duty until about noon. I hope to get some housework done, and maybe some gift wrapping too. I'll be back later to see what the rest of you have going on.

Hi ladies:

No cardio for me today! I started P90X doing Chest & Back and AbX. If this abwork doesn't tighten my core, nothing will. I felt a lot of it in my hip flexors and did some modifying. Great workout. I'm also following the higher protein 1st phase. I'll monitor for loss of energy.

Yep, Michele, you do have your priorities right. I was good and got my physical and mammo done last month. I always do it during my birthday month as much as I dislike it. I hate being without a car. That's why my jeep still has 2 dents in the passenger door that I haven't taken in to have fixed yet.

August, where are you? Still playing Nintendo?

Robin, enjoy sweating to BM2 this morning. I've never done it in full.

Kate, you'll be busy today doing something. Good that you work in your DD's classroom. Must be rewarding sometimes.

Got to go to work now.

Jeanette

Hi, guys,

Sorry I'm late!

Jeanette - Now I'm really curious about having hot barley for breakfast! So that would count for your carb for the day?! You only have one carb serving per day according to P90X? Ah, I see, you're saying that the first phase is high protein, which must mean somewhere down the road you'll be having a high carb phase. Glad to hear the start of your P90X is off to a great start. But please don't say too many good things about it for my sake LOL.

Michele - Urgh, the windshield shattered? That can't be good. I hope you can get to your hair appointment! And I'm with Robin, reschedule that checkup!

Kate - After mentioned a down jumpsuit, I looked on the net to see if I could find something like it. Wow, I would love to lounge around in a down jumpsuit.

Robin - Ohh, I tried Kashi Go Lean when I was in the States this summer. So yum.

Yep, I'm enjoying my Nintendo do-dad. It's so incredible.

But that's not why I'm late today. I've got a busy couple weeks ahead of me. Boo hoo. Well heck, I guess everyone probably does, eh? Tis the season, after all.

This morning I did Totally Hot Cardio with Christi. I get the feeling that the woman with short hair in the background bugs people. Lucky for me, I do my workouts on my computer so the screen is small to begin with, and I'm so focused on Christi, that nobody distracts me.....yet.

All right, I'm off for bed now.

Night night!

Is picturing August peering at her little computer screen during a workout. Does that make it a little workout?

I did Body Max 2 - the whole thing!!! That's the first time I didn't reach the abs and give up. I'm getting ready to have a big salad for lunch, feed the baby then head to work. If it's slow (I hope, I hope, I hope) I'll be back.

Hi Kate, Robin, and Jeanette!!

I tried to catch up but now I can't remember who said what to whom about what. August, I need your Nintendo brain game--lol!

Robin, I've been looking at P90X on Amazon, too. It just goes to show you that great minds think alike. I'm not going to buy it right now because lets face it, I'm not quite ready for the big leagues. That, and I just bought...drum roll please...an iPod Nano. I have to wait until after the holidays and taxes(;( ) before I make another big purchase. I did notice that P90X has been going for less on eBay than it costs on the BB website so that's where I'll buy it.

Jeanette, I'll be anxious to hear about your impressions of P90X. --I've never made a smoothie, either. My blender is such a PITA to use that I put it away and haven't used it in several years. I should invest in a new one. --I can't recommend a protein bar--I never eat them. I like real food. Most of the bars taste kind of funky to me--like they're a vitamin dressed up like a candy bar or something. I've tried a few but none of them appealed to me. --I love your "beaut" pick up truck story--lol!

Kate, a down snow suit!? You are too much:7 --I wish this was my rest day. This is my cardio day and, if I decide for sure to do Cathe's Dec rotation, this will be a GS legs day, too (of course, I'll use a premix:p ). Oh! I wanted you to know that it finally got cold enough here last night that I wore a coat when we went to dinner. It was in the low 20's and down into the teens and windy.

Ahem--I've been doing some Christi workouts...ON MY ELLIPTICAL--hehehehe. I know, I'm weird:p .

Diane, how was your weekend? Did you and you DH go out Friday? Was your DH awake enough to go out Friday night? Did you buy the lovely Michele (even spelled like my name!) watch?

Dana, how was your weekend. Has clepto granny made off with anymore gourds? lol! Do you get much time off for Christmas?

Jana, are you in Colorado? I thought you mentioned something about having to go there again but I don't recall when exactly.

August, are you still playing with your Nintendo? I copied your smoothie recipe and, if I ever get a new blender, I'm going to try it out. So, that's what you have AFTER a workout? I usually have something like a piece of fruit and some nuts, or fruit and yogurt, or PB and fruit, or even veggies and cheese.

HELP!!!!!

I bought an iPod Nano yesterday since that's what both August and Diane have. I was initially afraid to get that one because I don't have an Apple computer. Well, I don't know what I was afraid of but DH convinced me to go with the Nano. Electronic gadgets make me hyperventilate. I have no clue what to do with them.

So, DH helped me import my Cardio Coach CD's to iTunes so I could put them on my Nano. It went really well except for CC #5. For some reason every time I try to import that one I get this message; "The song names for this CD could not be found online...", and then it asks me if I want to import them anyway. I imported them but they don't have any names or anything. It just lists a track # and how long it is. I can't even locate it when I turn on the iPod. Is there some way to import it as an album?

When I first turned on my iPod after importing my CC I freaked out. I selected "music", and then I selected "song" and almost cried when I saw the way the CC tracks were displayed. Please bear with me as I make a feeble attempt to explain.

The CC w/o's are recorded in tracks; track #1 is the warm up , track #2 is Challenge 1, track #3 is steady state 1, track #4 is challenge 2, track #5 is steady state 2, and so on. Well, when I selected "song" on the menu I panicked when I saw that all of the tracks were grouped together. For instance, track 1 from each CC CD was listed, followed by track 2 from each CD, and so on. I almost cried until I realized that I could select "album" which listed every CC w/o as an individual album and each track as a song on the album, and everything was in proper order--WHEW!

August and Diane, if you can give me any pointers on how to use this thing I'd be forever in your debt.

Holy crap, I've written a novel! I need to do some laundry. I'll BBL :* :*

I August and Robin!! We all must've posted at the same time. Now that I see how long my other post is I feel kind of bad about it--LMAO!

I want you all to rest assured that I rescheduled my Doctor's appt for next month. Oh great, I have to weigh in for the doctor right after Christmas:eek: ;( .

G'night August. Sleep tight:* :*

Robin, BMax2...ALL of it:eek: . I bow to your greatness.

Hello chickies. Just got back from my walk. Kate, you would've needed the down suit if you went w/ me. It is 32 degrees outside and I didn't wear a coat for 1/2 of it. I started out with a coat and gloves but I got hot.

Michele - seems like you haven't had a car for a few days. What is up with that????? Do you like the Christi workouts? I've been contemplating trying one b/c they are only $9.95 @Collage. I know that August loves her. What is your impression of them? You said that your parents owned a restaurant? My parents do too. They have a sub shop and have daily specials (like meatloaf, roast beef, etc) and they have homemade soups and pies daily. My mom's parents also owned a restaurant. It is a lot of hard work - you really don't get any time off when you are the owner/operator.

August - I used to have Barley for breakfast. It is really good. I would cook a batch then heat up what ever portion I wanted for breakfast. You've got to add a bit of water or milk once it is hot b/c it does get thick. Then I would add a packet of splenda and some cinnamon. YUM!!! Was it you or Jeanette that wanted to know what type of protein bars we all liked? I love the Myoplex Lite ones. When I was doing BFL (the evil BFL) I was buying Myoplex Lite by the cases. They were chocolate and tasted like a chocolate rice krispie treat. I never tried the Luna bars though.

Jeanette - I"m another one anxious to hear about your Power90X journey. Do you have a chin up bar? What kind of bike do you have? One of the girls at work invited me to go biking w/her and her group but I am a bit leary. I only have an el-cheapo from Wal-Mart. It works fine for me but I don't bike all that often. She told me that her DH paid $2000 for her bike and they do a lot of trail riding.

Robin - what kind of wine do you drink? DH and I were in the spirits shop by K-Mart and we were asking the clerk what kind of wine would she recommend. We both like very sweet wine. I don't think she knew what she was talking about b/c she recommended this wine which was in a gallong jug (enough said right!) and it was horrible. I dumped it down the sink. The other stuff she said is good to pour over ice. I never heard of drinking wine over ice. It was called Maniciewitz (probably spelled it wrong). Any recommendations? And BM2, all of it?? Way to go. My BM2 is still in the cellophane.

My weekend was ok. Saturday we were out of power for most of the morning. It was so windy. And when we are out of power we have no water b/c we have a well. I baked cookies on Saturday night. Yesterday we went for breakfast and this place which was in the middle of nowhere. We live in a rural area and this place was in a really secluded area. It was packed though and the food was good and inexpensive. I cleaned most of the day and then last night I made a huge pan of stir fry for my lunch for the week. I just had some and it is so good!

Want to hear something funny??? A girl at work invited me to join her fitness group. As I mentioned to Jeanette above they do a lot of biking and get this, running!!! Does she not know that I am a cardio hater?? LOL I wish I could run but I am not a runner. She told me that they are doing a 7 mile race in Feb and I that I should consider going. It does sound like a lot of fun but I don't run. If I had a treadmill, I think I would at least try it. I didn't even know that she was into fitness - we don't work in the same building. So it is nice to know that if I want to get into running or biking, I would have someone to go with. Besides you guys, I don't know anyone IRL that is into fitness.

Well my lunch is almost up so I'll check back in with you all later.

the down suit was not my idea, I cannot take credit for it. Was it your idea, Robin?

My younger daughter is sick today. Has a fever. I wanted to go Xmas shopping. Tomorrow, I guess.

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about your DD! I hope she's back in the pink real soon. Maybe you could do some shopping online. That's how I used to do mine but I'm lucky because we don't exchange gifts in our family anymore.

Yes Dana, I'm going crazy without my car. DH's car won't be finished until tomorrow afternoon sometime. He's going to stay late at work tonight to see if he can get a bunch of stuff done so he doesn't have to go in tomorrow. He doesn't see patients on Tuesdays so hopefully he can bring some of his paper work home. I MUST have my car tomorrow.

I'm sorry you were without power the other day. That's always such a pain. My IL's are in the same boat with you--they also have a well. --It's pretty neat that you found some people at work who are like-minded about health and fitness. I'm like you, though--I can't run. NO WAY!! It would kill me. --lol!

GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!? I figured out all by my lonesome how to import CC #5 manually. I'm just as pleased as I can be over that one, and it only took me like 5 hours--LMAO!! I sent an email to CC support asking for instructions but managed to figure it out before they replied. By the way, they replied within a couple of hours with the nicest note. Apparently they didn't put it in the iTunes data base in the same way as the others but, thanks to little ole me, they have now corrected this snafu. And then they clued me into making the albums "gapless". I never, ever would've known to do that.

Okey dokey, I've frittered this day away and now I have to pay the piper. I need to do a workout--NEED NEED NEEEEEEED to do it!

Bye:* :*

I cannot believe I just ordered a pizza:eek: :p }( :9

In case you were wondering, I did not do my workout...YET...but I will...I swear.

Michele, now that you are wired, you better do your workout.

No, I didn't suggest the down outfit.

Dana, if you like sweet wine, you can try Red Cat from Hazlett's winery in NY. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in the state stores. Or any kind of Niagra wine is like drinking grape juice. There is a fun french wine called Beaujolais. Every year on the 3rd Thursday of the Nov, the new vintage, called Beaujolais Nouveau, is released worldwide. There are all kinds of parties to celebrate. DH and I always try to get a couple bottles to celebrate with the rest of the wine drinking world. We missed it this year, since we were at Geisinger. It's a fun kind of easy drinking wine. I prefer dryer wines and Zinfandel is my drink of choice. Now see, you got me talking about wine and I've written a book.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.