I Hate Cardio ~ July 28

purple_magada

Cathlete
Morning everyone. It is 4:40 here, (too early to be up) and I"m waiting for the coffee to get done.

Kate: how was your day yesterday? Sounds like it would be a fun place to go.

August: You are seriously off your rocker. Green beans? My, my, my. We won't even discuss your "discovery" about them. So are you even here? I know you are going somewhere on business but wasn't sure the exact day.

Michele: Big hugs to you. I'm so sorry that you are sick. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

Jan-Jan: How did your DD sleep last night? Uhhh, Gannon was up like a million times. We finally have to put him in bed w/us. WE keep the a/c on b/c it is so stinkin' hot here but then he hates to wear pj's so he is crying b/c he is cold. I can't put a blanket on him b/c he justs kicks it off. We even have to turn the ceiling fan off b/c he doesn't like that either. Then to top it off, he has to lay sideways and he is constantly kicking me. The other day you asked what can you do if you're not to do lb or cardio. How about swimming? I'm not sure what you have access to or how you would do it if you had to take DD. Just a thought.

Diane: how are you? At least you got some sleep the other night but sorry to hear that you woke up feeling crappy.

I am so glad that today is Friday. Well girls, I lost 1lb this week. I'm ok w/that b/c I'm to get my TTOM this weekend so I could have gained.

I did a killer leg workout yesterday, 1 hour and 20 min and I don't even have DOMS yet. I got a great compliment yesterday. I was working out with my friend during lunch and I was on the leg press and she was on the ellipitcal and she was watching me and told me that my leg muscles were impressive. Now I think that I have fat, jiggly legs but she sees the muscle. Yeah!!!!

Do you remember when I told you about my co-worker that I made a workout plan for? She has totally given up. I think that she seriously deleted the workout I e-mailed her. She has gained back 30 of the 70lbs that she lost. She sits at her desk ALL DAY eating junk, orders pizza and fries for lunch or goes to McDonalds. At first I felt sorry for her b/c she did go through some personal stuff but that was months ago. Everyday I invite her to come exercise with us. There is plenty of cardio equip there but she says no. She makes up a million excuses of why she eats bad or why she doesn't exercise. I know that I can't make her and you yourself have to be the one to want to lose the weight but it sucks seeing her do this to herself, especially after how she worked hard in the past to lose the weight.

Tomorrow night my mom is watching the kids so we can go out. Not sure where we are going to dinner but wherever we end up they better sell either a strawberry daquiri or a margarita. :p

Gonna go and eat my breakfast (lite english muffin w/pb, ham and coffee) and get ready for work.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi Dana - Congrats on losing, especially during TTOM. And what a compliment about your legs! Now you definitely deserve a margarita to celebrate.

I finally woke up early this morning to work out but I am seriously considering going back to bed. I don't know how you get up so early Dana! This early morning thing really sucks.

I can't wait to pick up the kittens tomorrow! DH and I are completely freaking out because we are so excited.

Hi everybody,

I'm MUCH better today, but despite a day of vomiting and another day of barely eating, I still managed to gain a pound--lol! I'm doing LIS today--I HAVE to. I have to run for now; I have an appt for my car (somethings wrong with the brakes) but I'll be back later.

Thanks for all you kind words of concern.

I hope you all have a great day.:* :*

Michele - So glad that you are feeling better! Maybe you are just retaining water because you got a little bit dehydrated from throwing up? Drink a ton of water and you might lose that extra pound.

I just finished my workout and a nice shower. It is kinda nice to not be running really late because I woke up too late. Anyway, I did Kathy Smith Peak Fat Burning workout, one of the original workout videos I ever bought back in the day. It is very intermediate, but what I needed right now to get back in the swing of things. Last night I tried to do Step Jam when I got home from work and I was pooped around 20 minutes into the video, so I decided to do something more intermediate today. My plan is to do a couple more intermediate workouts this weekend and then jump back into my GS muscle building rotation. I might just start the rotation over again for August. Or do you think I should start out doing a month of more muscle endurance, circuit type workouts to build up some strenght and endurance before going into a muscle building rotationn? The pushups from GS Chest just scare me sometimes! I am not in shape enough for that! It might be better for me to take a few weeks to build my strength and endurance back up.

Any thoughts on a rotation I should do? My goal is to get into great shape before our vacation to South Beach in October. I can't feel too gross around all of those beautiful people on the beach, I will be too depressed.

Hello everyone,

I can't remember what sleep feels like. I sleep, but just not good sleep and I am tired...soooo tired.....but oh well what can you do...

Dana-DD is sleeping better. slept for 12 hours last night (yeah!) but was a crank butt yesterday during the day. I really wish her teeth would just come in already and we can get this over with. Feels like it is taking forever. I can get DD to wear her jammys, but she just has her nights where she will sleep the whole night with out a peep and other nights we are up a few times with a little crying. Who knows! I would put her on the bed w/me, but I would be to afraid I would roll over on her! Gannon sounds like a hoot! Too funny!

Michele, glad to see you are feeling better. Really stinks you were sick, sorry to hear about it. Good for you for getting your LIS in! yeah!

Diane-did you get your workout in? Can you do some cardio for me too?

August-sleeping???

Kate- sleeping???

I have got to run and get some leg exercises in and then some ab work. Think I might do pilates today for the heck of it.

Diane-we are going to Body worlds tomorrow at the museum. I can't wait. Have you heard of it or been? I am excited!

Sleeping problems, I am thinking of you. I know what it is like with my stupid bladder problem and when you get a good night's sleep, it is so wonderful I am thinking of you.
Diane-so wonderful about picking up your kitties today. I love taking naps with the cats. It is like sleeping with an adorable baby but without all the waking ups and the dirty diapers. Good for you. LOVE cats
Michele- I am so glad that you are beginning to feel better. And what better way to feel better than give youself the gift of cardio!

The kids loved yesterday. Jillian, my oldest, rented a hydro-bike and loved it. Well, she loved the times that she didn't have to drag the younger kids around. They want to go back. I didn't like it so much because there are many geese that wander around begging for goodies and they are such dirty (if you catch my drift) creatures and evidence of them is everywhere. I immediately forced showers and clean shoes as soon as we got home. I like the aquatic center better-that is next Friday.

Today I doing Pure Strength Legs and part of Pyramid Upper. No cardio today which means I am off on today starting well.

August--I laughed so hard when you stated that that my DD gets her nutty self from me. Thank you

Kate

Jana - Is Body Worlds (or Works) the exhibit with actual human bodies? I keep seeing those signs around town and they looks so creepy! A person without their skin on is scary, but I guess interesting at the same time. We were not planning on going to that, I don't actually think I have ever been to any Houston Museums or plays or anything that wasn't a firm sponsored event. Well, maybe one. But anyway, I need some more culture in my life! Let me know how it is. I don't think my DH could handle it, he is a little squimish.

Hi all!

I just got home from picking up my car. What a fiasco. I needed a new hydraulic thingy and it cost about $600:eek: x( . Anyway, I ended up renting a car because they needed to keep mine most of the day. When I got home from picking up my car I realized I didn't have my garage door opener:eek: . Thank God I had given my neighbor a spare key to my house. I think I left the opener in the rentalx( . As it turns out, the rental place was closed by the time I got home.

Dana, I cannot believe how early you got up this morning! Was that planned or couldn't you sleep? My gosh--that is really early! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's really sad to see someone backslide like that, especially when they were doing so well. I wonder if she doesn't have adequate support at home. Well, you've been a really good and supportive friend to her. Just keep inviting her to workout. You never know, she might say yes one day. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Diane!!! I'm so excited that you're bringing your kitties home tomorrow!! Make sure you post lots of pictures of the homecoming. I'm not following a rotation right now. I asked a couple of times in the Ask Cathe forum about posting an intermediate rotation but nothing ever came of it. Someone posted one in the Rotations forum, though. Here's the link:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=5739&mesg_id=5739&page=

I'm not following this rotation simply because I don't have many of the DVD's. I just got the Intensity Series last week and other than that, all I have are Cathe's beginner/intermediate DVD's.

Janjan, I'm sorry about your lack of sleep. It seems to be going around. Have you come up with another form of cardio? Any progress with the knee since the PT told you to take it easy? Hows the swelling? Let me kiss it:* :* :* . There! I hope that makes it feel better--lol! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Kate, I've been reading about the heat wave in California and all the deaths attributed to it. OMG! I didn't realize it was so bad out there. I hope you're okay! It sounds like you had a nice time at that water park place--except for the bird doody--lol!

August, oh yeah--you're on a trip or something. Did you pack plenty of barley and green beans--lol!

Okay you guys, I need to get cracking on my workout. I hope you all have a great weekend. I may not get a chance to post again until Monday--it just depends on what DH and I end up doing. Take care and I'll see ya later:* :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.