Hmm, I think I HATE - Oct 21

August

Cathlete
Hi guys,

All right, I just finished my new workout. It's by FitPrime...there are two workouts on the tape : Metaboost and Flex Posture. On a whim, I decided to do the longer of the two, which was Flex Posture. It's supposed to be an intermediate workout with cardio mixed with Yoga and Pilates, and done barefoot.

I'm going to rename the workout.

FitPrime : Moves I Generally Do Trying To Find A Good Comfortable Position On My Sofa But Set To Over-the-Top Dramatic Music

Or perhaps this title is more appropriate:

FitPrime : Possessed by Devils! And Set To Over-the-Top Dramatic Music

Okay, well, I should't go too much into it since I've only done it once, and generally it takes me a while to warmup to new stuff. But my FIRST impression in a word? Conceited.

And what's with that set?

Perhaps I'm just feeling that way because I'm not eating grains. ;)

I had cottage cheese with strawberries, apple and banana. It was very yummy.

I'm off to clean my apartment and then do some work.

Have a great day! :D

P.S. Diane - Did FIRM become FitPrime? Was the Ground workout on FIRM? I think I read somewhere that some instructors left companies to start their own...in which case they probably wanted to sell their workouts on their new company and had to remake them in order to do that. Nevertheless, you'd think they'd change them even just a little bit.

Hi August,

I should not be in this check-in (I love cardio) but you speak to my soul and apparently noone else is awake.

A cardio workout done barefoot? I'm skeptical. So I'm on the sofa with you and eating grains while listening to music with the possessed devils.

Really, my DH says I should try and get some sleep. But what does that male-human know about life?!

Snzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............(ok, he knowsa little bit of crap).

P.S. Tell Michele I said "hi".:)

The ever so slight closet tree hugger side of me thinks barefoot cardio would be fun (at least until a few hours post cardio :eek: )

>So I'm on the sofa with you and eating grains while listening to music with the obssessed devils. LOL BUT even more LOL to the >what does that male-human know about life comment.

Briee

Edited to say "waves to all you cardio haters - I'm outta here now)

AGHHHHHHHH!

VISITORS!! VISITORS!!!

:) :) :)

I'm so glad I cleaned my apartment! ;)

Unless you consider jumping up and down a few times cardio, I can't say this is much of a heart-thumper. Maybe that's why it's all right to do it barefoot. Or maybe I just need to be more...vigorous. :*

P.S. (written in tiny font) shhh, don't tell anyone here, but I've come to love cardio, too :eek: :)

I LOVE company! Welcome, Briee and Melody. I'll bet y'all didn't know that Melody and I are sisters:)

I had the night from hell. I was gone all day yesterday. When I got home at around 6:30PM my kitty seemed to be in pain. I ran him over to my vet and they did an ultrasound thinking that maybe he had kidney stones. He had some obvious areas of tenderness but the ultrasound didn't reveal anything so they sent me to the emergency vet clinic where I spent the next 5 1/2 hours!!!!! It turns out that my kitty was CONSTIPATED:eek: . They had to give hin 2 enemas:eek: . They thought he might have a condition called megacolon but, thank God, he doesn't. They said this is not all that uncommon in cats. Anyway, I have been charged with the duty of giving him fluids under the skin with a needle. He needs the fluids to soften his poo and he won't drink. The only way he takes water is mixed into his food and he's not allowed to eat until tonight, and then he's only allowed to have a small portion. I can't feed him his regular serving until tomorrow. We may also need to find a way to add fiber into his diet. Sheesh! He's all ready on a prescription diet for urinary problems and allergies. Anyhoo, I didn't get home until nearly 3AM and now I'm off again to my vet's office to get the fluids and needle. Let the fun begin!

August, Briee, Mel--thanks for the laugh. Boy, you have no idea how much I needed that. My DH is in Italy and I'm home giving IV fluids to a cat:-( ;( x(

Good Lawd, I'm out of cottage cheese. What will I eat for breakfast?! :eek:

Michele, Kate, do you think I should get a 3pd squishy medicine ball or a 4pd one? And I think my choices over here might be limited - is there something I need to be careful about when picking them out beside color? ;)

Michele!

We're posting at the same time! :)

Your kitty is......CONSTIPATED?! I have never heard of such a thing! Oh, your poor kitty! It sounds awful! Maybe he should stop eating grains? Perhaps start him on Activia? No, come to think of it, it hasn't done a thing for me, so it probably wouldn't do him any good, either.

Oh gosh, you have to give him shots? Gosh, he'll be hatin somebody! Make sure his claws steer away from your face. :eek:

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about that, and it's so good that you're home to take care of him. It probably would have been scary for him to get sick without both his papa and mama away!

I'm sending good kitty vibes!

August, I would go with a 3# ball. Trust me, it will seem light in the beginning but by the end you'll be dying. It's amazing how heavy those little balls can be after a kazillion reps. The squishy balls are nice, too, because they're easy to hold but they're vinyl so they can get sweaty.

I haven't done my TLT's in eons. I've only ever done them like once or twice. I think I got a big Cathe order right after that and then just never went back to the TLT's. They are good, challenging workouts, though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.