HIIT it! 9/14

lederr

Cathlete
Hey guys!

I am just now trying to decide what w/o to do. I don't want to do a circuit because I did upper body weights yesterday. I am thinking about a step workout and some CoreMax. Maybe HE or CF? I don't know. I am going to go look at my DVDs and se what strikes me. Tomorrow I have a long run planned. If it is decent out, I might try the iTread Outdoors. I have heard good things but haven't done any of them yet.

What has everyone else planned?

I am thinking HIIT for Sunday. I love it! I feel so great after I do it.

Lorie...here is Cathe's advanced treadmill workout:

3.4 - 4 min.
3.8 - 4 min.
4.4 - 4 min.
5.5 - 4 min.
6.5 - 5 min.
7.5 - 10 min.
8.0 - 5 min. (OPTIONAL!)
Slow down over 1 min. to 3.8
Raise incline to level 14 and walk uphill for 10 min.
Lower to level 9 and increase speed to 4.8 for 5 min.
Lower to ground level over 1 min.
Then do:
4 interval cycles of 8.0 for 1 min. and 6.0 for 30 seconds.
Finish with:
6.0 - 2 min.
3.8 - 3 min.
3.4 - 3 min.
3.0 - 4 min.

Hi :)

Just had a question... where is HIIT on Caths's DVD's? Or is this a workout from her classes?

Thanks for the info. in advance.:7

Hi girlies! Tammy, thanks for posting the tread w/o. I do that one from time to time, and it always kicks my butt. I usually shave some off the beginning and start w/ 6.5 to make it a 45 min run. Otherwise it takes forever.

Debbie

Brain cells come & brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

I kicked my own butt today. I did 15 sprints. 30 sec at 6% incline and 10mph:eek: with 1 min rest standing on the sides of the treadmill. i really pushed the limits today. my treadmill goes to 12mph but i don't think i can go much faster than 10mph. if i want to make it more intense i will have to increase the incline instead. tomorrow will be steady state on the ellipical.

>Hi :)
>
>Just had a question... where is HIIT on Caths's DVD's? Or is
>this a workout from her classes?
>
>Thanks for the info. in advance.:7

cathe doesn't have a HITT video. However, you can use the drills from Kick Max or do the first 5 intervals of IMAX 2 or 3 as your HITT. JUst put in all your energy and strength and give it your all. You want to feel like your going to die when you finish. Its really intense but it sure beats an hour long slow cardio session.
>
>

Hi,

Thank you for the description of what HIIT means. I think this is what my workout yesterday turned out to be.

IMAX 2 1-5, then a 25 min run on the treadmill at a steady pace at #6 or better known as a 10min mile. My treadmill only goes to a 6min mile or #10 and an incline of 10%.

So, is this it or (HIIT) what do you think?

Thank you for any suggestions.
;)

Deb would be the best person to answer that, but I'll tell you how she explained it to me. You should be working so hard that you feel like you could not possibly sustain that intensity for 45-60 seconds. She also said you shouldn't feel like you can do anymore after you are done with your intervals. She said it should only last about 25 minutes. So, for me, running about a 6 (9.8-10.0) minute mile for 45 seconds and walking at 4.5 for 60 seconds is an HIIT interval. I had to play around with the speed to find the right intensity. I do that for 12-15 intervals and also include a warm-up and cool-down.

HTH!

So, today I had a long run planned. Well, I did 7.5 miles in 65 minutes total (by 60 minutes, I had done 7 miles and figured i could go at least another .5) but I felt completely CRAPTASTIC during my run! It just did not feel easy today and I never ran faster than 8.5. I haven't had a bad run in a while. Maybe it's because I still have a bit of a cold. Oh well! I am thinking tomorrow might be a rest day...

Hey thanks for the info!:)

Did you by any chance do this sort of workout the day before? This might be the reason you don't feel very good. Or maybe you are still having some symptoms from a prior cold like you mentioned.

I wouldn't do a long run after this sort of workout for the reason I would already be burned out. Waiting 2-3 days would be a better choice.

If anyone is interested: Lone Gull 10K Race here in Gloucester, MA. Sept.30th. http://www.lonegull10k.com/2007/?page_id=2

My daughter and I were going to do this together. But she has had something come up that weekend for school. I guess I will volunteer or run it alone. Maybe my cousins will show.

Thank you all for your info.

;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.