Hey Hey HATERS!! 7/3

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Good morning!!

I need to make this fast so here I go...

I didn't get to my workout yesterday and I MUST do it today first thing. I need your best vibes;) . I'm doing a CC and I think the upper body work from BMax2 -- not sure about that yet.

Jen - I can't take the heat and humidity either. My AC has been set at 68 all summer. My 1st floor is comfortable but my 2nd floor is still too hot. We use ceiling fans in every room upstairs, and we use an oscillating fan in the hallway to help circulate air. That's part of teh reason that I haven't been tackling my workouts like I should -- my workout room is on the 2nd floor. It's great in the winter but sucks in the summer. I wish we could move -- DH and I both want to -- but it just isn't in the cards for us right now.

What kind of plans do y'all have for the 4th? We're going to my IL's. Did I mention it's my nephews birthday tomorrow? I ordered a cake with a Pirates of the Caribbean theme -- it's a chocolate layer cake with chocolate buttercream frosting :9 . I'm only going to have 1 small piece, I swear.

Hello to the rest a youse. I'll check back later:*

Hey haters!

Michele - get your butt in gear and get in that workout. HA! Who am I to give orders??? I couldn't tell you the last time I've worked out (aside from walking at lunch). That cake sounds really good!!!!

Jen - have a nice rest of the week off. I can't believe you've got humid weather. It is perfect here (for now) high 70's.

Robin - your cookout menu sounds yummy! I don't think we're going to the fireworks tonight. I'm up at 4:45 in the morning so it is hard for me to stay up to watch the fireworks. I know, I'm a poop!!! What farmer's market are you going to? My DH's cousin just told us that their cousin is pregnant to some lowlife in Montgomery that has kids to all different women. Rusty someone??? This girl has no clue about life, her mom has pretty much taken care of everything for her, given her everything so it should be interesting to see who ends up taking care of this baby.

Becky - how's the ebay going? Did your DD sell much? I checked out the July rotation and it looks great. Are you enjoying it? Were you doing your own rotation of 1 body part per day? What were the results like?

Jana - good luck on the job interviews. Do you have anymore lined up? I don't blame you for not taking Marley to the movie theatre. I remember taking Gabe when he was 2 and it was horrible. I won't even attempt taking Gannon. He is such a terror I know that we'd end up leaving 10 minutes into the movie.

Well, Ralphie needs surgery. He is having it done next Thursday. I was researching it online and I've been reading that the gland should not be removed but my vet said in his professional opinion the gland should be removed. He said that the tack procedure is only 50% successful and that most times the procedure needs to be redone up to 3x. From what I read, the gland removal can cause dry eye in some dogs due to lack of tear production. My vet said that gland only produces 20% of the dog's tears. He told me that he has done over 1000 cherry eye procedures so I am trusting him. Ralphie also has mange (I was dreading that confirmation) and he starts his dips on Thursday also. You should see my poor puppy, he looks a mess!!! I am definitely looking into health insurance for him. I can't believe that I just said that.

No plans really for tomorrow. My MIL said she may have a cookout. Haven't heard back from her though.

My goal for this summer to get lots of produce canned/froze so I don't have to buy it this winter. I bought all the red beets that the Amish had out on Saturday. I canned 4 quarts and one pint of pickled beets. I have to get some more though. I also bought a bag of greenbeens so I'm going to get them ready tonight to freeze. I got a new canning cookbook and there are lots of good recipes in there. I want to go and pick sour cherries this week and make up some cherry pie filling to can. I missed going to pick strawberries. Hopefully I can get somewhere to pick blueberries. Robin, do you know of anywhere local to pick blueberries?

I am soooooo tired. Sunday night I got about 5 hours of sleep. I was dead tired yesterday from work and running to the vet, etc. I was ready for bed by 8:00. But NOOOOOOOOO, the kids were up til 10:00. Why doesn't anyone want to sleep in my house???????

Well, I better get working. Hi Shelley and Diane and everyone else.

August, where the heck are ya?

Morning Michele and any haters who stop in. I managed to do the first day of Cathe's July rotation yesterday - BM2 Timesaver Cardio Premix. Nice and fast and thorough. Today calls for an upper body premix that should only take about 40 min, but I don't know if I'll have time with my cookout plans. If I don't get to it today, I'll double it up with tomarrow's workout.

There are fireworks tonight at the small town we live closest too. If our guests for the cookout are gone and I'm not too tired, maybe we'll head over there. Otherwise, we may go into Williamsport tomarrow for the 4th. There will be food stands set up, music and fireworks in the evening. It all depends on the weather. I'd also like to get to a local farmer's market if it's open on the 4th.

Jen, I'll look forward to the tape. Thanks so much.

I was walking by my computer when I smelled the distint aroma of chocolate layer cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, so I had to stop in to see what was going on.

:)

Sorry I'll have to be quick........http://planetsmilies.net/skipping-smiley-7479.gif

Hey, Michele, whatever happened about your iMac?

Dana, poor puppy! i hope he feels all better soon.

Shouts out to the rest of you Haters and chat with you later!

:* :* :*

Hey Dana and August, we must have all been posting at the same time.

Dana, I never heard of Rusty, the Montgomery stud. If Emily ever mentions someone by that name, I'll wash her mouth out with soap. I was talking about the Lewisburg market. Do you know if it's open tomarrow? There are blueberries to pick near my house. I think you can pick right outside of Allenwood too. Take the bridge over the river on Rt 44 (?) and it's on the right before you get to the traffic light on Rt 15. I still have sour cherries in the freezer from last year when DH came home with 25 pounds. Maybe I'll make a pie tomarrow. Hope Ralphie does OK.

Hi August (said while wafting chocolate fumes east and west - not sure which ones will reach you first.)

Dana - holy crap! No wonder you're exhausted. I've never canned produce but I've always been intrigued by it. My mom used to put up tomato sauce, tomato and bell peppers, and jam. My grandma did tons of canning. I loved her pickled veggies.

Speaking of cherries, I read an article yesterday that talked about adding chopped tart cherries to ground meat before making burgers. It's supposed to decrease the carcinogens that form during high heat grilling. It sounds a little weird but I might give it a whirl. Here's the link
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthykitchenrecipes/a/meatcarcinogens.htm and here's the paragraph about cherries:

"1. Cook with cherries. Researchers at Michigan State University found that adding cherries to ground beef prior to pan frying reduced the HCAs produced by nearly 69 to 78.5 percent. The reason? Cherries are rich in antioxidants. Try mixing a pound of ground meat with a cup of ground tart cherries before cooking. Find out more about the health benefits of tart cherries."

August!! How are you!? I'll have a big piece of cake for you -- and since I'm eating it FOR YOU, it shouldn't add any extra calories, right? LMAO!!

I'm still looking at the iMac but we're trying to hold off until October when Apple plans to upgrade the system.

Will you be celebrating the 4th of July in Tokyo?

Robin - I agree with Dana -- your menu sounds YUMMY!! I doubt that we'll watch the fireworks because DH has to get up early Thursday for work. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I watched the fireworks.

Okeedokey -- I'm going to do my workout now. I'll report back:*

ETA - Dana, I'm really sorry about Ralphie. I would probably go for the surgery, too. I know it's expensive but probably less than if you had to keep going back to the Vet. I hope the poor guy is feeling better soon:*

Hi ladies -

Michele - What is this talk about an iMac? Sorry, I am out of the loop. We are thinking about purchasing an iMac soon. They are changing the system in October? We really want something before that though - our laptop at home is basically dead and we want a new one before the baby gets here. iMac's look like it will be easy to send and edit pictures and videos of the baby, and that is what we want it for.

Dana - Wow, canned fruit sounds like a lot of work! That is smart to think ahead.

August - The cake sounds yummmy! Too bad I can't have any, doctor's orders!

Robin - Sounds like a nice plan for the 4th. We are just going to DH's parents to have a cook out. I will be bringing veggie dogs with me for a healthier option.

So, I weighed myself this morning and I lost 2.5 lbs. I have been eating very healthy most of the time (except for that steak dinner the other night...and key lime pie) and exercising. I wasn't really expecting to lose anything, just to stop gaining so fast. I will be watching to make sure I am getting enough calories any everything if I keep losing.

This morning I did a 35 min walk and "yoga fat burn" part of a prenatal video. It mostly works the legs with yoga moves, but is pretty easy. I also did the labor and delivery prep section, which is ab moves and kegels.

Diane - ^5's on clean eating/exercise/wt loss!!

Yes, we're thinking about switching over to Mac. We're sick and tired of our PC. Apple says on their website that they're upgrading the Mac OS in October and that it's the biggest upgrade they've ever done. It will have tons of really cool features including Bootcamp which allows you to run Windows!! We have to be able to run Windows -- DH needs it for work. Even if you get your Mac now, I'm sure you can upgrade the OS later. My SIL is the art director for a major monthly magazine and they use Macs. She says they have the best graphics. You can learn about the system upgrade here:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

Michele - I am pretty computer illiterate. Is the new operating system something that we could purchase and upload to our computer if we get one now? Sorry for my ignorance.

>Michele - I am pretty computer illiterate. Is the new
>operating system something that we could purchase and upload
>to our computer if we get one now? Sorry for my ignorance.

Oh hey, I'm pretty ignorant about computers myself -- lol! But I think the answer is yes, you can buy your computer now and upgrade it later, however, I would ask at the store before you buy it.

Do you use a PC now? I'm anxious for opinions from people who switched from Windows to Mac, so I'd be thrilled to know your impressions if you buy one before me.

Yes we have a PC now. My friend switched from pc to mac and LOVES it. She said that she just took it out of the box and within 20 minutes she had a website up and running for her daughter with pictures and cute graphics. It is very intuitive to use. We went to the Mac store this weekend and played around with it. The person at the store was so helpful and showed us some neat stuff you can do with Macs that you can't do with PCs. There are also free workshops at the store to show you how to use them.

My best friend bought a MacBook as a 2nd computer and she said the same thing. She loved it immediately, I think they've had a few minor problems with it, but she took it into the Apple store and they pretty handily took care of it. They're planning to get an iMac desktop computer as soon as their Dell goes kaput. They've been pretty unhappy with their Dell.

I forgot to ask how your DH's first day on the job went:eek: . Did he like it? Does he think he'll be happy in his new position?

Michele - We want an iMac desktop. We have a Dell laptop right now and it stinks.

DH likes his new job so far. The people have been super nice. He left at 6:05 and everyone was already gone. Everyone just packs up their stuff and leaves at the end of the day, it is amazing. The best thing is that everyone actually takes their vacation in his group. He got a calendar of everyone's vacation schedule in the group for this month and it is so full. It will be neat to put vacation time on a calendar and not worry that your vacation plans will be ruined.

Also, we got some more specific information about the benefits and they are amazing. We will save at least $300 a month on insurance (with better coverage) plus they match 401k 6% plus up to an additional 4% (our firm doesn't match at all).

He is going to be a little in over his head for a while, but within a few months he should learn everything and then his job will be pretty easy. Hopefully he won't get too bored since it might be too easy for him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.