Healthy Hedonists 1/16

Good morning! I had such a lovely, clean and Hedonistic day yesterday. Lunch was a can of beans (I eat the whole can - I LOVE beans) and a 1 lb bag of frozen peas with a little flax oil on it. Workout was Cathe's Muscle Endurance - felt so good... Then a hot bubble bath with a martini - small one. Then some X-rated activities BEFORE dinner, edited to protect the viewers. }( }( Dinner was a 1 lb bag of frozen mustard greens cooked with a little bit of salt and a tiny bit of olive oil, then I "creamed" it with an avocado smashed up with about 1/4 cup of hummus and about 1/4 cup of soy milk. OMG, it was delicious! And the hummus and avocado made it substantial enough to get me through the night. (Very fast metabolism). I ate the whole bag in the spirit of ETL, which I'm basically following, although not for weight loss. Darn, I feel good on a vegan diet. And plenty of energy for hard workouts.

Today I started with my favorite oatmeal cooked with an apple, cinnamon and soy milk. Ordered a copy of Vegan Planet for a friend (hedonistic pleasure of giving...), will do some work then later do Cathe's Boot Camp. Woo Hoo!! Have a fabulous day enjoying life bigtime!:7

Hi Charlotte! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!!

For dinner last night my DD and I went to a great Italian restaurant...where I had a couple of glasses of Chianti...which was wonderful... and a beef carpaccio appetizer and a bruschetta appetizer with fresh mozzarella and spinach...Totally yummy and I felt relatively healthy! Did not get a chance to work out yesterday as I was nursing a cold, but it looks like the Chianti knocked it out, so I will jump back in today!

Happy day to all you hedonists to follow!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi hedonists. Yesterday I felt like crap and ended up have a turkey sub on 2 donuts for dinner. Yeah, not healthy and not really hedonistic. Except the donuts tasted really good. I also crawled into bed early and skipped working out. Two strikes.

I'm feeling a little perkier today, but still not really healthy. I hope to get some kind of cardio workout done today, but will wait till I get home and am standing in front of the shelf with the DVD's to decide. I'm meeting a friend for dinner at a bar/restaurant that everyone raves about. I'm not really in the mood for a huge dinner, and since I'm driving, I probably won't indulge in a drink. So, we'll see if I can still be hedonistic. LOL.

Charlotte, way to burn those calories.}(

Debra, Chianti is good for a cold? Hmmm,maybe I will indulge tonight...

Hey fun & healthy girls!

Charlotte - I agree with Robin - way to burn those calories!}:)7 Gosh those greens sound good - did you get the recipe from ETL? I'm envious of your martini & bubble bath too! I love both but we (try to) avoid alcohol during the week & haven't had time to get in the hot tub either.

Debra - Oh my goodness, your dinner & chianti sounded wonderful! I'm familiar with bruschetta but what's beef carpaccio? Just the name sounds delicious! Glad you had such a nice evening. Hope your cold is gone & you can work out today!

Robin - Sorry you're feeling bad! Hope you feel good enough to work out & enjoy dinner with your friend. Yep, I think a glass or 2 of wine may be just what you need!}( BTW, how was your trip to finger lakes last weekend?

Yesterday was squeaky, topped it off with the rest of "24" season premiere. Today started with Kickmax Bootcamp Challenge, which I love. Breakfast was cottage cheese & fresh fruit, followed by yogurt & a banana. Lunch was Amy's split pea soup with 1/2 pita & hummus & my snack will be the other 1/2 with peanut butter & grapes. I'm feeling great about eating clean but I always look forward to my self-indulgent weekends.:p

It's turned cold & spitting snow so I think we'll enjoy the hot tub tonight.}( :+ I've been busy here today so I hope to check back again later. Hi to anyone else who drops in & I wish you all a great day!

Take care!
Kel

Gosh! Looks like everyone is having a great time, eating right, (well, we can overlook the donuts;)) exercising, and "exercising"!}( I'm hanging in there. I forget to mention my workouts so far this week. I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster Monday morning, then followed it with PUB, Up Only, last night. I went super heavy as I knew I was going to shorten it, and I'm really feeling it today. I've been on a light weight kick so this was what I needed to change things up a bit.

Today I did the first five intervals from IMAX 3.. I've had this workout for years and this was my second attempt at it. As much as I love Cathe, her cueing really stunk in that one! She cues during the moves rather than ahead and although I'm very familiar with her choreo I couldn't tell you how many times I tripped. Tonight I'm going to take some sections from Butts and Gutts and make up a 30 minute workout. I think I'm going to make this a "selection" week, where I do only parts of a workout. I like breaking things up sometimes. It can make certain workouts more tolerable.

My diet has been pretty good, although I did indulge last night with a glass of wine and some OJ mixed with Malibu Rum. I was in the mood for rum last night. We watched Pirates of The Caribbean 2 on our plasma TV. Johnny looked adorable on the big screen!}(

Hope everyone has an enjoyable evening!

Good Afternoon my lovely Hedonists!

Charlotte – sounds like you had a fab day! Vegan Planet is one of my favorite cookbooks – not a bad recipe in the thing. Have fun with BootCamp!

Debra – Love it when the Chianti knocks out a cold! Italian restaurants are perfect for healthy hedonists as we can have a fabulous meal, and still feel mostly virtuous – good job – that pasta sounds great!

Robin – glad to hear you’re a bit perkier today. I hate not being 100%. Enjoy your dinner – and I think a glass of Chianti is definitely good for a cold. At the very least it helps with the suffering.

Kel – oh enjoy your hot tub! Your meals sounds wonderful! I need to be a bit squeakier during the week. I’ve been so bad lately!

Leslie - I have to agree with the cueing on IMax 3. I did the step only premix and was tripping all over the step - it didn't make sense (and I've done this one often!). I do selections a lot - or Mish Moshes. I have fun that way! Oh, and Johnny looks adorable any way you see him. I really like that man, and admire him as well. He's one of the few good role models we have in Hollywood today.

Okay – exercise I have down. I did BodyMax Cardio and Weights yesterday (and added the bonus cardio section between shoulders and abs), today was B&G leg blast premix (should be called – See If You Can Walk Afterwards Premix – OUCH!) followed by Kelly Coffey-Meyer’s Step-Boxing video – just the first 30 minutes. But food-wise I’ve not been good. I had spaghetti and meatballs last night. Today I had Indian food for lunch. Buffet – got a full plate thinking I’d never finish – ha! Who was I fooling – of course I finished it. It was good, but… So, now I’m bloated to kingdom come and my two DD’s expect me to cook dinner. I think I’ll make Shake n Bake Chicken Breast Sandwiches for them with a big salad. If I want to eat (that’s debatable) I’ll have a salad.

Enjoy everyone!

I'm back from my dinner. I had a glass of Shiraz, since there wasn't a Chianti on the list}( . I had a yummy chicken in a champaigne sauce with dried cherries, almonds and mushrooms. I brought half of it home and now have a yummy lunch.

Leslie, we aren't going to the Finger Lakes until this coming Saturday. I'm really looking forward to getting away. We usually eat dinner at an Asian Bistro. They have the best spring rolls I've ever had.

I ended up doing KP&C today and it felt pretty good. I guess (hope) this cold isn't going to amount to much.

Goodnight all.

Hi to all...Just wanted to let you all know the Chianti was really the trick and have felt tired, but not too bad today! Robin, I'm sure the Shiraz will work the same! Kel, beef carpaccio is very, very, very thinly sliced beef served raw with toppings...mine last night came with capers, tomatoes, arugula, and parm cheese..Totally yummy! It sounds like everyone has had a happy and relatively healthy day!

I was a bad (and very hedonistic) girl at lunch and went to a local pizza place for the buffet...I have been doing P90X, and trying to follow the diet, so today was the first time I've had pizza in about 6 weeks and it was WONDERFUL!!!!!! I had yogurt and fruit for a snack this afternoon, and an egg sandwich on whole wheat bread for dinner...So hopefully I redeemed myself by eating a bit healthier later in the day!

I did core from Muscle Max today as well as Back and Bis from P90X. Hope everyon has a great evening!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.