Healthy Hedonists 1/11

Good morning, life livers!! After a squeaky clean Wednesday, I'm on top of the world this morning and am inspired to ride this clean wave and keep the consumable hedonism to a minimum. So, I'm having my big bowl of oatmeal cooked with soy milk, an apple and some cranberries and planning to get a hair trim. That is a great form of hedonistic pleasure!

Funk & Wagnall Dictionary defines for us: "Hedonism: 1. The doctrine that pleasure is the only good and proper goal of moral endeavor. 2. The self-indulgent pursuit of pleasure." We are Hedonists: "Hedonist: One who regards the pursuit of pleasure as the chief activity of life." }( }(

So, what gives you pleasure? I'm learning that, however good it feels and tastes to enjoy my lovely wine immoderately, it gives me more pleasure in the whole picture to enjoy it in moderation. And working out gives me pleasure. And massage.:7

Good Morning Charlotte & to all who follow!

Wonderful definitions & insight into the pursuit of pleasure! It's important to find what brings each of us this type of happiness in life. I agree that although I love the occasional consumable treat, I also find great pleasure in treating myself & my body right through exercise & healthy food. I've also found that although I love wine immoderately too, I feel much better, both physically & mentally, when I enjoy it in moderation.

I've had quite a squeaky week & I feel good about it. Monday was all clean but on Tuesday, DH & I went to a meeting at a local steakhouse & I had a delicious 6 oz. sirloin, baked sweet potato, & yummy veggie skewer with tomato, onion, bell pepper, squash, zuchini, & mushroom. I also had a couple glasses of merlot. }( Yesterday was clean once again & today, I've enjoyed some cottage cheese & I will soon be eating yummy steel cut oats & a fruit of some kind. I'll probably eat organic veggie soup for lunch, among other yummy but healthy treats.

Tonight, I will have the immense pleasure of attending a yoga class with a dear friend. Afterward, we plan to grab a salad or sandwich & go to my house where we will enjoy a some lovely wine. I know that will bring each of us great pleasure & I'm looking forward to it!

What else brings me pleasure? I love listening to good uplifting music. For me, that's the 70's. The warmth of the sun is wonderful & animals also bring me much pleasure. Oh yeah, relaxing in my hot tub with my DH or friends, usually with a nice glass of wine. Now that may be the ultimate in happiness for me right now.:7

Well, on with my day. Thanks to Charlotte for starting this today & I'll be back to check in with all other "life livers" when I return.

Cheers!:+
Kel

Hi to all!!

Charlotte...thanks for the wonderful definitions...You have to wonder why more people aren't hedonists!!!!

Nothing especially fun on the books today.. Although I am getting ready to do Cathe's Stretch Max which I really enjoy. I may actually take a short nap this afternoon, too, which is, of course, a definite hedonistic pleasure! I am currently doing P90X and just feeling a bit beat today!

Kel...have a great time at class and with your buddy tonight!

I really enjoy massages, reading, working out, pedicures, a tear jerker movie, a good wine, crab legs, spending time with friends, and watching my DD dance and play and do just about anything!

Hope all you pleasure seekers have a great day!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi again!

I'm back to add that I didn't have much time to work out this morning so I did the 41 1/2 minute Cardio Fusion premix. Let me tell you, for such a short workout, it sure is a killer & loads of hedonistic fun!

Update on lunch: DH called & asked if I could go to lunch with him & who could pass up an opportunity like that?!? That's always a pleasure. So we went to Zaxby's & I guess I could have eaten healthier but I indulged a bit & had a delicious Buffalo Bleu Salad (my favorite) with NO dressing & only water. It was definitely yum-o.

Debra - I hope you enjoyed your stretch & nap.

Good day to all!
Kel

Hello Hedonists!

Hope everyone is having a very enjoyable day. I’m so sore from yoga of all things, but it’s a good sore, and I’m getting much pleasure from it. :p I’m eating clean today as well – except for the glass of wine I’ll have tonight leftover from last night.

Charlotte – I love the definition! I’m with you on wine in moderation. I may really enjoy it while I’m drinking it, but it’s tough to do a long run after a lot of wine! And long runs also give me pleasure. Having my feet massaged is another one, and the hot shower after a really hard core workout is yet another. I also love getting lost in a great book, and spending time with my DD14.

Kel – I want to come over and hang out with you! I’ll sit in the hot tub with a good glass of wine! Heck I’ll bring the wine! :+ Sounds like a great week – one where the joys of life were pursued in a good healthy moderation – can’t beat that!

Debra – P90X wears me out, too, in a good way. Good job with keeping up with the stretching! Enjoy your nap – I love a good nap, too. Especially when you’re beat from a workout.

Well – enjoy yourselves today! I agree that more people should be hedonists. It’s a good thing!

Christine - good to hear from you! Sure, come on over... the more the merrier!

Again wishing everyone a day filled with the hedonistic pleasures of their choice. Here's to all healthy hedonists... it certainly is a good thing!

Later,
Kel

Good afternoon everyone!

Charlotte - your definition is inspiring! It's nice to know there are others in Catheland who think like me! What makes me happy? A killer workout, a nice bottle of wine, cooking with friends, a soak in my Jacuzzi with DH, my darling DD's, and a good book.

Keli - DH and I are starting to get together twice a month for lunch. I'm a SAHM and am very involved with my community, but I really look forward to my lunch dates with him. Re: Cardio Fusion, I haven't done that one yet but I've heard it's killer. I think it would be a good way to burn some calories before my weekend indulgences. Enjoy your yoga class tonight.

Christine - I, too, am getting much pleasure from yoga. It really works the muscles in ways many other workouts don't.

Deb - I love a good nap. Are you noticing results with P90X?

So far my diet has been clean today. Breakfast was oatmeal and an egg. For lunch I had the remains of my CL pasta dish I made last night. I also made a huge pot of veggie soup and plan to have that for a snack while the kids do homework. Tonight I'm going out with friends for PIZZA! I'll be good though. I'll get a light cheese with lots of veggies. And seltzer water with lemon. The friends I'm seeing tonight don't drink, which is good because I don't want to be tempted. I'm saving my wine for tomorrow nights soak in the Jacuzzi with DH!:7

Have a great afternoon!

Hi to all....Was not able to fit in my hedonistic nap this afternoon as planned...but did get a lovely stretch with Cathe and had a very hedonistic bowl of French Onion Soup for lunch!

To those who asked about P90X...I am certainly seeing GREAT results so far...and as you have probably noticed, I am not following the eating plan to the nth degree!!! I have definitely cut down on my carbs and upped my protein as the plan suggests... I am also keeping a food diary which has really helped me stay on track..even if that track is a little hedonistic! But I have seen results in my muscle definition and my body fat percent as well as a growth in my overall strength abilities. I am looking forward to doing more Cathe once my rotation is over, though!

Leslie..I'll be thinking about you and your pizza tonight...that is one of the things I have really cut out of my diet over the past couple of months and I miss it TERRIBLY!!!!

Any way...off to watch the food network for a while....Have a lovely evening ladies!
Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Well, Hedonists, posting on the Cathe forums is one of the things that give me great pleasure. I also like a nice bottle of wine with a delicious meal. I love trying new recipes. A good workout and the tiredness and DOMS that follow are a pleasure too. And, of course, some chocolate nearly every day. Let's see, a good book, an evening watching a movie with my DH,a hike up a mountain, travel, a day at the beach, these are a few of my favorite things.

I've been eating semi-clean all week and I think it's because I have given myself permission to lighten up on myself a little. I'm about 4 pounds above my goal weight, and have been feeling really good about following Cathe's Jan. rotation. I'm trying very hard to live by the maxium "moderation in all things." I think this daily post is a helping too. It's nice to see others who try to eat and live a healthy lifestyle, but still appreciate a good steak or bottle of wine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.