Hating Cardio and Coughing Up Loogies - 0ct 9

August

Cathlete
Good morning, all!

Well, one thing is for sure : cardio sure helps clear out the cold from your chest. :eek:

I'm pretty much all better so I started my rotation today :) . I did S&H chest and then did CTX intervals for HIIT. Okay, I either have a while to go before I get my healthy stamina back, or else I hate HIIT. I'm going to go with healthy stamina. :D Is one supposed to feel like total crap doing HIIT? If that's true, then I'm probably doing it right. There were a bunch of new-to-me step moves in CTX that had me tumbling around x( . But it felt good to be able to work out anyway. In fact, I was so gung-ho to get back to working out, that halfway through my workout I realized I didn't even have my HRM on! Duh!

Diane - Glad to hear that your shoes worked out!

Janjan - How's your cold? I hope you're all better now. You know, in order to get rid of your cold, you need to give it to someone else. :*

Kate - How's the back doing?

Dana - Where you at?

Ellen - Perhaps you could hire a gardener since you don't have a pool anymore? :p

Michele - Did you find any goodies at the antique market?

All right. Back to work I go.

Bump August...
heheheee...

Yeah I am coughing up loogies and it is just a blast let me tell you. I have given my cold to my DD who is not happy about it. We were up all night crying about it, so it was not fun. I at least did not sit in bad traffic today, that was nice.

Ok, so I have to be short, Monday AM meeting..you know how it goes. I will check back in later.

Oh, good, Janjan came by! It's hard to play hooky on work when nobody's around. ;) That's when a person has to go bumping herself. LOL.

Well, it's loogies week at Cardiohatesville, eh? Sucks that you gave it to your DD. Make sure she gives it to someone else and then all will be well. }(

ROTFLMAO at the title of today's thread:7 :7

August, HIIT is HARD!! I found that out with my beloved Cardio Coach. I'm able to make it through because I love Coach Sean and I wouldn't want him to be disappointed in me--LMAO! How long are the HIIT segments you're doing? I don't have CTX so I don't know what it entails. Oh yeah--it's a known fact that being up and moving helps to dislodge loogies. That's why we nurses kick patients out of bed--because laying around too much can cause things like pneumonia;) . Of course, fluids are important for thinning out those secretions, too (I knew you liked that, August, and it seemed only fitting to mention it again here today).

Janjan, I'm so sorry to hear your cold is making the rounds at your house. I'm pretty much over mine now--I have a few sniffles and an occasional cough but I'm pretty sure it's all seasonal allergy realted.

Diane, are you on vacation now? Have fun and don't forget to take loads of pictures!

Ellen, I agree--get a gardener--LOL! How is your rotation going?

Kate, how are you doing. I've been worried about you. You've not been very spunky lately and I'm thinking you may need a nurse. I may have to come over there and take care of you. Feel better, okay!?

Dana, how are you? We had an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in Ohio. I figured you probably had similar weather and I wondered if you got a chance to take a nice, long walk.

I got Nervous Nelly and Little Miss Spunky all squared away so I shouldn't have to go over there today. That's good because I'm tired. I'm feeling sluggish like I need a nappypoo. I plan to start up my 5FF w/o again today. I haven't done a workout since last Monday:eek: ;( x( . I need to get started again right away before I lose all my gains. --I went to an antique show for a little while yesterday and bought myself a little something:) . It's an Italian antique:) . It's a marble paperweight with a mosaic inlay of a bird perched on a floral branch--a Pietra Dura--or "hard stone". Here's an example of Pietra Dura (this is not my piece):

http://photos.liveauctioneers.com/houses/pointpleasantgalleries/10772/0808_2_lg.jpg

Enjoy your day chickypoos. I'll check back later.:* :*

ETA a hello to Anne! Stop by anytime!

Oh, yay yay Michele's been here and she's been talking about my favorite secretions! LOL!

Well, man almighty, Coach Sean (LOL, at first I wrote Couch Sean)..what was I saying? Oh yeah, Coach Sean must have it going on if he inspires you to get through HIIT. I did only like 20 minutes maybe (after I did S&H chest) and I was just ready to cough up an entire lung complete with the loogies. I read somewhere that doing HIIT 3 times a week is good to aim for, so I'm going to attempt it. That means, thank goodness, tomorrow is just a regular ol' cardio after a different S&H body part.

It wasn't a known fact with me with moving about and dislodging loogies! But it sure does work like a charm!

Oh, I'm so happy for you that you were able to find a little Italy for yourself. The photo of the similar piece is loverly! Will you be using it as a paperweight, or does it go into a display case somewhere in your home? And that's good to hear that you'll be having some time for yourself for your workout and a nappypie. You go get good ones of both!

Wow, I just realized I've actually got DOMS in my chest from today's S&H. I haven't had DOMS in a while so it feels great!

Okay. Back to work.

OMG I just realized August is close behing me in the race for the # of posts...I better get to talking or something like that.

Checking in to say that I did LIS today and it felt great.

No gardener for me... I like to do my own gardening. I do have a lawn boy however...hmmmm ...LOL

Rotation going well...last week was TOM and mega crampy. Hopefully I can kick it into high gear starting this week and stay on track.

Hope everyone is doing well. Made some apple crisp today for the kids...(yep for the kids...LOL)

BYE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.