HATIN Nov 19

August

Cathlete
Morning all!

Jeez, it's getting cold over here. I hate putting on my exercise gear when I'm cold. Or rather, I don't hate putting on the gear, it's the taking off of my warm, smooshy sweats that's the part I hate.

Anyway, did I tell you guys that I got ONE of the Kundalini Yoga DVDs? Does anyone here care? LOL. Anyway, Kundalini Yoga is supposed to be a very different kind of yoga and it looks fascinating to me, so I.....ordered all twelve of them :eek:........:)

And because I was ordering them all, and ordering them internationally, the instructors of those workouts kindly offered to give me one of the workouts for free, and then I would only have to order eleven. So that is what I did! I made my order with Amazon for eleven of the Kundalini, and a few days later, my one free one came directly from the instructors! How nice is that? And as for my eleven others coming from Amazon? They wrote me a response to my desperate plea email :)-)) saying that it takes a month to process international things. A MONTH!! Blast it all!

So this morning I did the warmup of the Kundalini DVD which has lots of funky wiggly spinal twisting that I love, and also The Breath of Fire. FIRE! I totally love it. After that warmup I went to my regular TLT rotation, and today was Better Buns Better Burn. It felt nice!

Diane - Here's a cheer for Monday and being mostly finished by then! And you're not a fat blob!! Will you and your DH be cooking Thanksgiving dinner, or will you be going out?

Jeanette - Yay for you and Cardio Fusion! That's great that you can already feel a difference in your cardio capacity....Heheh, oh! Well, how sweet that your brother's ex-stepson comes to clean your carpet! And so thoughtful of your doggie to bring you nice rock presents for the collection.

The cycling Thanksgiving meal sounded like a hoot. Although I wouldn't mind pie in a box. Oh wait, it was pie "from" a box. Well, actually, I guess I wouldn't mind that either LOL.

That reminds me that I used to eat Hostess Pies so much when I was in school. Those things were the BOMB! I loved the lemon ones. That lemon goober filling and that sugar-coated pie crust gunk. YUM!

Okay, hope you others are having a good sleep. Have a nice Sunday!

LMpitifulAO!

I just finished Rodney Yee's Power Yoga which is an intermediate/advanced yoga as opposed to the beginning yoga I've been doing. But I've got big ol' b*lls and hey, I can do anything.

And what I did was possibly strained my neck. :eek:

I'm icing it now as Megadoo kindly instructed me to do.

You mean the pain isn't detoxing? :p

Good morning all!

{{{{{AUGUST}}}}}:* :* . Yes, you better do what Maeghan (I call her Sparkly because she sparkles:+ ) says. There's nothing worse than wrenching your neck. I suggest some Ibuprofen as well. You could get a headache from this, too. Oooh, be careful with that crazy yoga stuff. That's why I won't do it, (well, that, and because my physical therapist told me not to--lol!). To be fair, he said I could do some poses, but he warned me against doing anything where you hyperextend the neck. Of course, I had a herniated disc so that makes a difference, too, but still!--be careful;) .

Wow!! Those instructors gave you a free workout!! That's really nice and GREAT customer service. I'm LMAO at your description, "lots of funky wiggly spinal twisting". This is what I love about you. You actually make workouts sound fun and interesting. Now WTH is Breath of Fire!?--lol!

I finally got a good elliptical workout in last night while watching TV. I wore my HRM but I'm not sure if I really benefit from it. In fact, it might be holding me back. I tend to be a stickler for going by the rules and the HRM keeps telling me that I'm working harder than I feel like I'm working, so I decrease the intensity to stay within the rules. The $&*# thing is getting on my nerves and yet, somehow I'm strangely mesmerized by it--lol!.

Jeanette, Diane, Kate, Ellen, Dana, Jana--I hope you're having a great weekend. Diane, I hope you don't have to work as much today.

DH is nagging me to get ready--we're going out to brunch. I'm in the mood for a gabfest but I guess it'll have to wait--lol!

Oh hey, I'm having problems with my computer which has contributed greatly to my absence from the forums. I tried to get on yesterday afternoon but my computer shut down and we spent several hours trying to figure out what the problem was. I still don't know. We've run every scan imaginable but didn't find any viruses. I think we may need a new computer ;( x( .

I'll BBL...or at least I'll try.:* :*

Hi ladies, just checking in. I am back at the office today. I at least was able to work from home this morning (with kittens in my lap) but now i am back to the office to try and finish everything up for Monday morning. I still have tons to do, so hopefully I won't be here late tonight.

Still no workout, but hopefully I can workout Monday morning or Monday after work! Yes, I am a fat blob, and my clothes don't fit at more. I have also been stress eating, so that has added to it.

We are having Thanksgiving at DH's parents house. They live in a suburb outside of Houston, so we aren't really having to travel at all. I should have all Thanksgiving off work (we get Thursday and Friday off) but poor DH will have to work the entire holiday (Friday-Sunday) x( Of course he is not that busy right now. We our schedules are off. Oh well, someday it will be better.

Okay, it's 6am and I'm awake because I'm hungry, and because.....neck pain. x(

I'm still okay on the headache part, but there's no mistaking the twinge I feel to the left of my right chicken wing, and the accompanying pain when turning my head to the left and right.

That and the pain I feel from seeing that FitPrime Metaboost is again on my rotation for today LOL.

Hyper-extending the neck, eh? You mean like one of those bent-over-backwards-with- your-legs-on-the-floor-but-you're-sort-of-in-a-handstand-type things called The Wheel? Or like The Plough where you have your legs extended over your scrunched up head in preparation for a shoulder stand?

Because I sure of heck didn't do them. :)

Properly, that is. Apparently. ;(

Breath of Fire is a form of breathing where it's like powerful short sniffs through the nose using a deliberate push inwards with your belly. It pumps air and pumps blood and is great for digestion and all sorts of things, and it gives you a bit of a high, and also a bit of nose-burn at first, and a dizzy head rush. Haha. I totally love it.

That's great that you and Eli got together last night. It's funny that you mention your HRM beeping, I just yesterday decided to try doing my workouts with mine on mute. I totally agree with you - once I hear the crazy beeping, I slow down to accommodate. And I still can't figure out if that's a good thing or not.

Hope you had a fantastic brunch....and I really hope that your computer problems get solved! I'd hate for something like what's happening to Kate to happen to you!

Kate! Come baaaackkk!

All right, time for some barley tea. Diane, give the kitties a tickle for me and good luck with the last of the work.

Hi Haters!

Rest day for me today, but I did do our bike club's group ride, 24 miles. Very fun. I did get a couple of comments on how strong my riding has been. Part of it is from Cardio Coach and also I think this rotation is helping, though I feel like I've lost muscle strength in my arms. Tomorrow is Drill Max, but I think I'll do the upper body premix thing instead of a full DM.

August, I remember a girl that had Hostess pies in her lunch a lot. I was always so envious as my folks rarely bought things like that for us. I did get a moon pie once. My mom did make desserts but not the kind of things that she'd send to school with us, unless it was cookies or something easily transported. Makes me think about my first lunchpail. It was a "Mary Poppins" lunch pail. Another one I had was "Popeye". Okay, enough of the trippin down memory lane.

Dang, August, hope the neck pain goes away. I have to really watch it with mine. When I start to lift heavier weights, that's where I'll feel it if my form isn't right. Or lat pulldowns on the Bowflex. I've had some ouchies that last for a couple of weeks with that one so I have to be careful. Funny how the soreness will travel around too. Like it will be on one side of your spine and then a few days later, somewhere else. Anyway, that's what it does for me.

Michelle, bummer about your computer. Mine is almost 6 years old now and I keep waiting for it to give up. I'm still using Windows ME and it keeps plugging along, though my DSL probably isn't as fast as it should be. Have you done a restart back to a previous day that was working right? That works for me sometimes. Glad you got on the eliptical. I have Cardio Coach something (not sure which one) on tap on the bike for after work on Tuesday. That's my usual CC night. I sweat like a horse during any of those on the bike. When you are actually outside on a bike riding, you never sweat like that because of the air flow going over you. I always have a fan on me too while inside and the drops are just falling like crazy.

Diane, hoping you will get to work out on Monday. Know you will feel better if you do.

Got to run now. Oh yeah, My DH and I got to go out to the woods after my bike ride and take our "girls", our dogs (4 y.o. German Shorthair and 1 y.o. mini dachshund) to air out. We all had a good time. I took some magazines and a chair, sipped on a diet Snapple and had a few Triscuits while DH took the girls walking out in the woods, scouting for firewood and possibly a Christmas tree to cut later. It was nice:7

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.