HATE? Yes, Hate Dec 20

August

Cathlete
Morning!

I'm up early again and have to leave. All this rush rush rushing around sure can get old quick! I want to kick back on the forum with all you guys, and then I want to laze out with my best friend Nintendo DS Lite LOL.

Well, here are today's comments mixed with what I could remember of what I wrote and lost yesterday:

Robin - I had to laugh at your "cookies, fudge" and, and, and "............dips." And DIPS? Shouldn't that be "cookies, fudge and cake" or "cookies, fudge and pastries" or something? Dips?...........okay, and what the heck is Chex Mix when it's in the oven?

Deb - Thanks for saying the boards were quiet while I was away, but I know they weren't! In fact, they were really thriving, and it made me gleeful to see that you were at the head of many with your wacky titles!

Michele - Oh you can just bet that I savored that glaze. AhhoOooAaaOooo. Glaze is mystical. Anyway, now, about this poem of yours. I have to tell you that it is just about one of the best, most positive examples of "constructively working through the anger" ! The words flow really well and the way you wrote the story is so easy to imagine. Rhyming like that takes some good thinking and a lot of time! You should totally submit that somewhere! It's a total kick! And your DH, what a cutie!......Thanks for the link. It was really cute. And it was fun to see me listed there BY YOU! Goof!............I've been out the door almost all month so I haven't been able to do my beloved Christi or anything for that matter! I think this is the longest I've gone without doing an actual DVD workout in like, well geez, I have no idea. But I did have to run an errand under top speed, so I figured I'd walk really fast to do it thinking it would take about 30 minutes, but it ended up taking an hour and 30 minutes! Speed walking! I was a total frantic robot freak but I bet I burned a lot. I only wish I'd have had my HRM on LOL. Christmas? Well, my family and I are going to a Japanese restaurant on Christmas, isn't that what everyone does? LMAO. We opted for that since we're doing Western for New Years. In Japan, New Years is the big family get-together. I'll actually be out of town again for a few days again and come back very late on the 24th, and then again out of town for a bit coming back on the 30th. Ah, but travel times brings good cheer with Nintendo! LOL.

Dana - Hi there! Yeah, Christmas is really commercialized here, too. But it's more of a going out on a really nice date type of thing, rather than a family thing. As for my losing what I wrote...I'm using my old computer still and it sometimes gets a little...confused. And it happened to be one of those rare times I was writing directly into the post, rather than writing into an email and then copying it into a post. Oh well, such is the way it goes! As for your DH, awww, well, at least he's got a child-at-heart Christmas feeling, eh? It could be the opposite and he could be upset that your being frivolous buying this and that. How about finding or even making him something as a makeshift gift? I'll be sending good vibes for your friend. How scary that must be. And what a relief it will be to be finally rid of it. I'll wish for a speedy recovery. I hadn't heard any news about Mt. Hood. Is Kelly James someone you know?

Diane - I cannot CANNOT believe you went to a cookie SWAP party, only to throw your cookies away! Girl, when I'm in a situation where there are many things to choose from like that, I am obsessed with trying every single one. Oh man, me at a cookie swap party would be near disgraceful....Ooh, read ETL and tell us more! Tell us more! I've always been kind of interested in it. Details! Details!

Janjan - Green and yellow snot. And your question was, how does so much get up there? I believe what I wrote and lost to cyberspace was something like, "It is much like the question, how does Santa's big body fit up there in the chimney? The answer, of course is, it just does."

Oh yeah, and my last comment that I lost was "where the heck is Jeanette?"

I have to tell you all that you've totally inspired me to do a GS rotation next month. I'm going to do something like Deb's Tummy Blaster rotation.

But for now, I'm considering today's post as my cardio :) and I am out the door. I just hate not being able to do my workouts! How on earth do you all have families and jobs and work out?!

Oh, hey, remember I ordered 11 DVDs from Amazon by check over a month ago? Did I tell you that or was I sparing you the yoga schpeel? Anyway, they lost the check LMAO. Well, I guess THEY didn't lost my check, but SOMEONE lost my check and it sure wasn't ME. :*

Oh man, I really have to get going.

Later!

Wow, how do you type all that and still finish with a "have to get going"

I am posting here because it is too late to post on the previous page. Yikes, Christmas shopping. I am almost finished. I thought I was finished today but no go. I should have a list as to what I have bought already but that would make me organized and I cannot do that! And of course, everything has to be equal.

I bought some champagne (Verve cliqueiej...I have no idea but it cost too much) and some what I consider expensive wine (average 20 dollars per bottle and I know zero about wine....I was hoping there was going to be some wine snob there milling about who could tell me). So, now I have all the makings for the Russians and oh damn...I forgot the Triple Sec, the margarita stuff and tequila. Heck forget it, Russians are the drink. HELP!!!!

Yes, I did most of B&G yesterday, I couldn't do the floor work because I had to run out and buy gift certificates. I found the cutest boots but with four inch heels, one hundred dollars off...Michael Kors boots and Nordstrom Lace Up. Four inches. Why is is that the smaller (August, that is you) can wear these things and you have itty bitty feet and of course, it has to be harder to wear with smaller feet, but the bigger feet with those high heels make them taller than tall and have everyone staring. Murphy's Law, I suppose.

Okay sooo, tomorrow I have to do the floor work of B&G and some cardio. Maybe Imax 2. I never warmed up to Imax 3

Okay....back to cheesecakes.

Hi all you haters!

I'm so sorry I haven't had much time to post. I went from posting in 1 check in to 4! Do you know how much time that takes? Here lately, I've been working around the house, touching up some painting in the living room, cleaning, etc. blah, blah. Hate it. Now that's something to hate.

I've been doing P90X, actually almost done with the 3rd week of 12. Next week will be a rest week from strength training, but you still do some yoga, stretching and cardio. My carb intake is low during the 1st phase (4 weeks) and I definitely felt it today. Cardio in PlyoX was tough, tough, tough, whereas the 1st 2 weeks were fine. I also rode my bike on Sunday and I dragged a bit too. Love my carbs, and sweet potatoes and barley and oatmeal. I want every meal to have lots of those carbs but can't right now.

Went to the grocery store tonite and bought some more yams or sweet potatoes who knows? They both looked the same to me. I even started babbling with a complete stranger (a man) about sweet potatoes. I thought of this thread and just felt soooo goofy! He didn't understand the bliss, but you guys do.

Must go now, I'll try to check in from time to time. I'm off all week next week so will have more time I hope.

Keep on hating.

Jeanette

Good morning you crazy haters.

LOL about the yams/sweet potatos, Jaenette. I often find myself thinking about the Cathe forums when in the grocery store.

August, actually, there will be so much more than cookies, fudge and dips at todays lunch. Also chicken, cake, chips, crackers, donuts, meatballs. The list goes on and on. Also, there is home made peanut brittle, Lindt truffels and fudge in our office. Sigh, so much food, so little time. I'm going to try to behave, but I don't promise to be a saint.

Today's workout should be something circuity. I'm hoping to leave work a little early to get the major grocery shopping done and still have time to workout. Probably High Step Advanced.

Have a wonderful day all above and all to follow.

Hey everyone-how are you all?-- 4 days to Christmas--aaahhhhhh-panic-anyways-actually I'm pretty much caught with almost all I have to do-caught a cold yesterday-wham-like that (hope its not strep (which is going around here)--I did Gym Styles Chest & Triceps yesterday and HIIT on the elliptical for 21 min. and I just cannot give up these gym style tapes- I keep going heavier and heavier, feeling stronger and stronger- I have to go out and buy 21 lb. or 25 lb. to move up on the chest work (think Arnold here- just kidding)however I'm not gaining muscle on bottom like I do on top with this series.

August- I wrote down what I have done for the last 7 weeks so if you want to call it a bonified "rotation" I'm flattered and I can give you that--

Jeanette-do you like P90X- are you noticing any changes? I'm still hoping to get this from family for Christmas--

Hi to everyone else and all you ladies are so nice and sweet-I love the "climate" here on this thread- thank you for being friends--deb

Oh geez now I'v gone and takin an extra day off of everybody's calendar in my panic-Kate- you're right-it's 5 days-I just can't count-LOL-deb

Okay this is too funny (maybe just to me-I'm talking to myself here)-I posted again (see above) cuz I did not see the first post go on-so I wrote it again and voila there they both were- ohh, now I've done it-you all now know what a goofball I really am--deb

OK Deb, you are going crazy. 5 days, not 4. I repeat, 5 days, not 4! I took off for tomorrow to clean and to go look for a $#@! recliner.

August, no I didn't/don't know the climber that has died. I was following the story and he was the oldest of the 3 and I believe the one with the most climbing experience which is why I was shocked to believe that he had died. From what I have read, he had some type of injury and the other 2 men left to get help. So sad and unfortunate.

Gabe's Christmas program last night was so cute. The place was packed, standing room only. We live in a very small community so I was surprised. Next year we will have to get there early so we get seats.

Jana - I see on the other thread that you and I think that the Sweetest Thing is the funniest movie. I can't believe that we were the only two - great minds (aka cardio hating minds) think alike. I love the part when they are in the men's bathroom, too funny!!!

Michele - where are you today? I bet you're training for that New Year's 5K that you mentioned you were doing. Go Michele!

Robin - have you made it out of the kitchen yet you crazy-baking-fool?

Hi Kate, Diane, Jeanette and everyone else. I will check back later today.

Good morning you goofy girls!

I'm in a really, really bad mood today and all of my posts have been dark and cynical to reflect the dark cloud hanging over my head:eek: ;( .

I found out this morning that my DH will have to take call over the Christmas weekend including Christmas Day. It's not his fault but, it seems like every single plan we have made in the past several months has fallen through because of some unavoidable catastrophe, and I'm starting to think the stars are lined up against me. I won't complain any more, I promise...I think...I'll try;) .

August, thank you for your glowing review of my poem! I did work hard on it and oh yes, it totally helped me deal with my anger--lol! --I hope things will get back to normal for you after the new year. I'm sure this time of year would be busy for anyone in the entertainment industry. --I'm loving the GS DVD's so I say go for it! I'm following Cathe's December rotation which consists of the GS DVD's and cardio. I'm using Eli for the cardio portion. --That's terrible about your check to Amazon! Not to be nosy, but why don't you use a credit card? I think credit cards offer more security -- insurance, the ability to dispute charges, etc. I charge everything including groceries, and I make sure to pay the card off in full every month. You can get cards that reward you which can be a really good deal as long as you pay it off every month.

Kate, no way I can wear high heels! Good luck with the rest of your shopping! What is a Russian?

Jeanette! It's so nice to see you here today. I totally understand how hard it is to keep up with posting. I post in the <--- thread, too, and it's all I can do to keep up with 2 threads much less 4. We're just happy any time you can stop in and say hello. --I'll be glad when you can get back to enjoying your lovely, carbolicious treats. I've been contemplating P90X but I'm notorious for not following the diet part of any program.

Robin, I soooo want to come to your office party--lol! I want a treat BAAAAD. I have a small confession to make. I spent last evening putting cutout cookies in cellophane bags for DH to pass out at work today and I ate TWO of them. Shhhhh--don't tell anybody, kay!?

Deb--LMAO at you!! What a hoot! I would love to have a copy of your rotation!

Dana, I just love the little kiddie Christmas programs. NO WAY I'm doing a 5K:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . Where on earth did you hear THAT!? --LMAO!

Hello to everyone else. I'll check back later.:* :*

August, are you aware that you only have ONE MORE POST BEFORE YOU HIT 1000!!!!!!!

I think we may all need a glazed donut to celebrate!

Michele - in the spirit of Christmas I thought that I'd start a little rumor about you doing a 5K. Ha! You know how those start. You say you're going to take a walk today, and so and so says, hey, did you hear that Michele went for a run, which then turns into a 5K. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I bought Gabe a donut on Sunday at the grocery store and he asked for a BLAZED donut please. BLAZED are his favorites, you know!!!

Only 2 hours til quitting time. Thank God!!!!

Blazed donuts - LOL! I wonder if blaze would be easier for August to find than glaze.

Michele, I was shocked to hear you are training for a 5K. And you didn't tell any of the <--gals. You sly boots.;-)

Dana, I'm glad you took the time off to get some stuff done. It's the only way. Where'd you come up with the moolah for the recliner?

I just finished High Step Training. I'm trying to wast some time before making a salad for dinner. We had our annual Christmas Luncheon at work with every kind of crappy food imaginable. I did pretty good avoiding the salty munchies and mayo filled salads, but I did have more dessets then I should have. Someone made a PB meltaway cake that was to die for. So it's salad for dinner.

Dana! Can you believe we are the only 2 that think that movie is sooo funny! The bathroom scene makes me cry laughing so hard, no matter how many times I see it. And the undies they are wearing...oh too funny. I also like when they crash the wedding, that whole movie is I swear one of the funniest ever!

Ladies: It is offical, I think I am going to find a way to sick something up my nasal cavity and suck all the yuck out. I can't take it anymore, I am in soooo much pain, I think I am going crazy. This sinus infection is the worst I have ever had! Back to the Dr tomorrow, the antibotics they gave me did not work at all. I am going nuts.

On Monday I did B&G (ok, well the only parts I could do with the knee) which was most of the floor work and the firewalkers, those were really fun......yes I just said that, no Kate, please don't shoot me. It is a really good work out.

Wait...hold on....is it 4 days or 5 days until Xmas?? I am telling you guys this thing is making me loose my mind.

Michele, did you get any better?

Ok, I am off to go and lay on the couch, uhhhhh.......

Hope everyone is doing really good!

Bye! Janjan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.