HATE - Sept 21

August

Cathlete
Morning!

I slept on the floor last night. Well, come on, I can't very well sleep on my bed knowing that little peg leg Cham might want to join me and Mooch way up high, now can I?

So we all slept on the floor like a little campout. It was fun.

And wow, there was a lot of action that totally passed me last night, and I was even here doing nothing! What on earth was my problem?! What was I thinking?! Well, it sure was nice to wake up to lots of fun posts. http://planetsmilies.net/grinning-smiley-9518.gif

I'm happy to report that Cham seems to be feeling much better today! It looks like it still smarts to hobble, but at one point she was racing around with Mooch (again, much to my horror), and even wrestling some with him (until I'd break it up), she's been wanting to play with her teaser, and then the real clincher for me was her jumping up onto the sofa like she always does, doing her little twinkle dance and meow routine before plopping down by my side to get her tum-tum rub and song.

I feel so happy to have her feeling better! And Mooch is so happy, too!

http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-870.gif http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-870.gif

Now if only I didn't have to go out of town tomorrow for three days. http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-883.gif

Anyway, Cham's figured out that her cast makes for a great chin rest, so it's not all that bad.

MICHELE - Thanks for the kitty pill advice! This morning I tried it out. But I don't think I'm grabbing the right part of the scruff, or maybe I'm not scruffing enough, because all I was really able to do was to make her look very surprised LOL. http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6110.gif

But it definitely was easier to do putting her on the table and having her body sideways up against mine (I'd actually had Cham standing on the floor, and I was kneeling over her, she wasn't on my lap - that would take a miracle LOL). And this way is going to make it much easier for my mom (and her bad knees that won't allow her to kneel down) who will take over the nurse responsibilities from tomorrow night. I hope she'll be able to do it.

>You were gracious to be so understanding.

That's kind of you to say. If I hadn't had this face at the vet's http://planetsmilies.net/sad-smiley-8364.gif trying to swallow tears, I may not have been so easy going about it. But the female vet really did a good job of bringing out the understanding in me. Thank goodness. 'Cause I have the ability to make a real stink LOL.

>WHERE IS EVERYBODY!?

HEY! You're supposed to be resting your ARM!! http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-175.gif

DIANE -

>I have been going on walks in the morning, hopefully I can walk this baby out!

OMG, LOL. Well, it's not wonder that you haven't been able to sleep well, I mean, sheesh!

Hey, did you ever solve the cat/door/sleeping on your head situation?

JEN - I think you answered it for me. Simply put, here are your options :

Scenario A) go there, let him feed me and then come home when I want

Scenario B) or shower put my PJs on and have him come here

Clearly the answer is

Scenario C) Shower, put on PJs, have him come there and feed you, and then have him go home when you want

LOL.

ROBIN - Back to back colds? URGH! That sucks! Arrrrr! (It will be pirate day for two weeks for Cham.)

You've got a busy weekend ahead. Get some good rest and try to get a little better before heading out for it all. Sending good wishes!

>How about a hot port toddy

I have no idea what that is, I assume it's an alcoholic drink, but it sounds more like something Diane might want to get for dirty diaper disposal.

All righty. I'm off to....oh no, wait, I'm not off to do a dang thing. Where's another Frasier DVD.........

ETA : Oh, I see what I thought was last night's post by Michele was actually posted just 20 minutes ago! :D

Hello!!!

Well my decision was this: shower, put on PJs, go to Chad's house, let him fix me dinner, clean it up, give me a back rub, then head home, which is where I am now!

Dinner was very good- It's a good thing he fixes healthy food or I'd have to hurt him. We had grilled chicken, green beans, and an asian sauce stir fry this evening. VERY good again- I LOVE green beans- I go through stages of eating them constantly then taking a rest, I bought 6 cans at Meijer the other day, I get Del Monte no salt added then cook them in my pampered chef micro cooker w/ a little sea salt and fresh ground pepper- I eat the whole can, good thing it's only 70 calories per can! :)

I am meeting my friend Tara for a drink or two about 4:30 tomorrow, she still lives in Raymond where I grew up but works here in town. I also ran by to grab shampoo/conditioner from Jenny this afternoon and I think she may join us- depending on what her SO has going on, hopefully he doesn't have anything going on so he can stay home with their little one.

Robin- I am so sorry you don't feel well, everyone around here is sick with sinus/allergy stuff- the office is just miserable w/ everyone sniffing, sneezing, and coughing. Maybe you can get some rest during the car ride to VT.

Michele- I ended up going to his place, I couldn't pass up grilled chicken/green bean stir fry! Sorry about your DH, he works WAY too hard... does he ever take a week off to just relax? It sounds like he is over worked and stressed.

August- YIPPE Cham is feeling better!!!! :)

>Scenario C) Shower, put on PJs, have him come there and feed you, and then have him go home when you want

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!?!?!?! x( x( x(

That will be my plan of attack next time!

Okay, well going to do some nosing around on-line- I'll probably be back before I head to bed and knowing me about 2-3 other times throughout the night also. :-( x( :-(

>Well my decision was this: shower, put on PJs, go to Chad's house, let him fix me dinner, clean it up, give me a back rub, then head home, which is where I am now!

http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/4.gif

OH YEAH! SHAKE IT GIRL!!

Please thank Jenny for us all at Hatersville for introducing you to such an awesome guy who cooks and cleans and rubs backs and we can only imagine what other good stuff he's got waitin' to be pulled out of that magic bag of his!

http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/5.gif

Then ask her if she knows any Chads in Japan.

http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/3.gif

Have a fun day!

I will have to thank Jenny- although she was worried today when she asked me how things were going & I said, well good- calling me daily and seeing him more days than not... you should've seen her face- she was worried that I might not be okay with that as she knows how I like my space. I told her that I'm fine w/ it and that I feel very comfortable around him and wouldn't have a problem smacking him upside the head and telling him to back off if needed! http://planetsmilies.net/violent-smiley-1531.gif

She couldn't believe he's calling me that much though, she said that since she's known him for 8 years he is very independent also. I told her that I'm an angel though and how could you possibly not want to me around me... http://planetsmilies.net/angel-smiley-5102.gif ;-) :) ;-)

Okay, I can tell this lack of sleep is going to start getting to me- I'm already searching for smiley faces now... :)

You guys are cracking me up :p :7

As per usual I did a late workout, showered, and I'm getting ready to grab my book and head to bed.

Augie, I can't believe you have to go out of town again. We'll miss you. You'll be gone...Robin will be gone... http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sigh.gif. I'm sure Chami will be fine and your mom won't have any trouble giving her the pill. Why don't you demonstrate the technique for her and then watch her do it before you go? That's how we learned to do things in nursing school;). You'll feel better knowing she can give the medicine.

>Cause I have the ability to make a real stink LOL.

ROTFLMAO!! Me too. My DH calls me surly and contentious:D

Jen - I love Chad. I love him. That's all. Is he Italian? Didn't you say he took his mom to Italy? I mean, how nice is that!?

Mmmmmmm green beans:9 . Green beans is definitely on the Haters preferred foods list, along with barley and green smoothies -- YUM! lol!

G'night everybody:* :*

ETA - Jen

>your DH, he works WAY too hard... does he ever take a week off to just relax?

Once in a blue moon, and then he likes to go to the MMGHH ;(

>It sounds like he is over worked and stressed.

Most definitely;)

JEN -

>Okay, I can tell this lack of sleep is going to start getting to me- I'm already searching for smiley faces now...

LMAO. You know you're sleepless with nothing to do when you spend more time than it took you to write the post to look for a smilie to evoke just the right emotion.

I might add that I ordered a ton of stuff online last night. :) (All kitty food, LOL)

MICHELE - Mom's coming over tonight to watch me give Chami her medicine. Hmm. Actually, now that you wrote that, maybe I should have her give Chami the medicine in front of me. My Mom has just the tiniest of Instruction Obstructionitis, so....well....I'll hope for the best. It really would be good for Cham to continue the medicine until it's finished.

>My DH calls me surly and contentious

LMAO! I had a professor tell my mom once in front of me, "August reminds me of my own daughter. She's just the sweetest thing ever........just don't piss her off." LOL. I wasn't sure how to react to that.

>I love Chad. I love him. That's all. Is he Italian?

OMG, ROTFLMAO!!

Wow, I haven't had green beans in ages. It might just be time to stock up!

Night night!

Hello Haters.

How are you all?

I just got an email from my brother, Jeff, this AM. They admitted my Dad back into the hospital and may have to go back to Mayo this week. My Dad is worried about it, and he's a retired DO.
So, Saturday, I may have to drive to Petoskey to see what's going on and I had a bunch of stuff planned to work on the house so I could other stuff on Sunday. First he got a cold, then he went to the garage and swept a cold floor, which that cold air went up his spine, and hasn't been doing good since. Some numbers of his are low.

Hope you all have a Great Weekend.

JENNIFER - Oh, how awful. Urgh, just like a parent to have a mild cold and then to do nutsy things like be in a cold garage sweeping up! You must be so worried. I'm sending many good wishes your way that it will just end up being a Saturday drive and nothing more.

Okay guys, I had my mom try to give Cham her pill tonight. It was a TOTAL no go, and I ended up having to give Cham the antibiotic. I know my Mom feels awful not being able to do it.

Any suggestions? I told the doctor I'd be going out of town and that my mom might not be able to do it,...the doctor said that if she couldn't do it, not to worry about it....but I would think that it would be really good for Cham to finish her antibiotics.

Do you think there's a chance that if my mom put Cham in a seperate room from the other three (while she's babysitting all of them during my out-of-town three days), and put the pill in a small dish with some tuna that she might eat it?

Jennifer -- Your dad has a prominent position on my prayer list. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

August -- Cham might take her pill mixed in tuna but it'd have to be mixed in pretty well. Give it a try and see what happens. Another thing you might try is mixing it with the tuna -- make it all mushy like a paste -- then smear it on her skin (like the inside of her thigh). Trust me, she'll work tirelessly to lick every last bit of it off }( . You would need to put her in a separate room to do this because I'm sure you can guess what will happen if you smear tuna all over Cham -- the other kitties will have a feeding frenzy :eek: :p :7

I have just one question -- is her antibiotic time-released or enteric coated? You might want to call the vet and find out, then ask if the ^^^ methods are OK. Good luck!!

ETA - August, your poor mom :+ . Maybe she was just nervous. Maybe if she tries again she'll be more comfortable with it. Hug her for me, K?

MICHELE - Thanks for the advice. And big thanks for the hug for Mom. She was trying so hard and felt so bad both to me and to Cham.

>You would need to put her in a separate room to do this because I'm sure you can guess what will happen if you smear tuna all over Cham

OMG, LOL. Then she'd really need to be rushed to the vet.

>is her antibiotic time-released or enteric coated?

The pill itself is halved, so it is not coated. As for it being time-released, I'm not sure. I'm going to think about alternative plans before I call the vet to see if I can have Mom crush the pill. I wonder if I were to make a little hole in one of her Greenies treats and put it inside, if she might eat it. She usually takes one crunch and then swallows it down LOL.

I guess she takes after me.

I've emailed a friend of mine to ask her friend (who I know) who has a cat if he knows how to give a pill and if he'd be willing to come by before and after work to give Cham a pill (he's met Cham twice, too, which is nice). Of course, it's 1am here and I have to leave tomorrow a little after 11am...x(

I'll tell you how it goes!

Cham was feeling so good this morning, and then she looked like she felt miserable all afternoon - hardly eating or moving around, and choosing to sleep in dark, covered places.............but tonight she's looking really well and cheerful again, thank goodness.

Poor peg leg.

ETA : Oh lovely. Aunt Flo just knocked on my door. x(

Hey haters!!! Sorry I've been MIA but you know me, all I do is work, work, work. I switched our MA billing system to online rather then paper and it is a PIA!!!! It takes me much longer to do this online. The computer freezes up, reports won't generate, blah, blah, blah. Oh I hate it!!!!

Jen - where'd you get the impression that I'd be away for the week? I haven't been on a vacation in ages so where the heck would I go? I WISH I was going someone. Wait I am, CRAZY!!!!! Ooooh, it sounds like you and Chad are getting along quite well! That is awesome!!!

Aug - I don't know the whole story since I've been MIA but I'm really sorry about your poor little kitty. That is awful. You nut sleeping on the floor. I told my brother over the weeekend that I knew this single co-worker I could hook him up with and he declined and told me he was still waiting for that date from my friend in Japan. HA! How can Aunt Flo be visiting you when she is still with me? It must be her alter ego!

Can one eat too much fiber??? If so, I think I did. My tummy is killing me!!!!

Hi Michele, Robin, Shelley, all Jennifers and anyone I missed.

I have a rant. With all these recalls, etc with goods made in China I've been doing some research in the grocery store with the stuff I buy. I am having a heck of a time trying to find APPLEJUICE for Gannon that does not have concentrate from China. WTH is up with that????? We have plenty of farmers here in the good old USA that grow apples. I don't understand it. I am baffled. I don't mind paying more money for things made here!!!!!

Talk to you all later.

hello Harers.

Update on my Dad (and Mom). Both have the viral infection that is here in MI besides all the other issues we're dealing with here. My Dad's white blood cell count is really low, problably from being sick. Right now, he's in northern MI. I may not go up cause I may be carrying that infection too. Supposed to get updated tonight.

My renter told me that she will have her stuff out no later than 04.30.08. I told her it was good she was setting goals, she got angry apparently she wanted me to be mad about it. I let her know that rent will be $40 in Nov., then $60 in May.

Seville and Madrid are doing well. Glad this week is over. Thank GOD.

BTW, Thank you for all of your prayers, support, and friendship. I talked to my Mom and things are under control, not over yet. They called Mayo, and the docs there told them this was normal for my Dad to catch a virus, and it's so nice to share with my Mom too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.