HATE - Sept 19

August

Cathlete
Morning! http://bestsmileys.com/sun/3.gif

I woke up at 6am and now I can't remember why. I think it was Mooch cooing and asking to be pet, and then I spotted Cham on the sofa licking, so then I had to get up and distract her, and then get back to Mooch because I owed him a nice tummy rub, and then....I was hungry. So we all ate.

http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/10.gif http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/10.gif http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/10.gif

Cham's limp seems to be worse today. I guess maybe if she was on any pain medicine, it's totally finished, or maybe since she had been sleeping and not using it.....well, anyway. It's a total bummer for her. As if stitches in her belly aren't enough.

You know, I thought Cham wouldn't want me to get near her tummy after her surgery, but the cute bug rolls onto her back as usual and wants me to rub her chest and freshly shaved smooshy cute tum-tum. It kind of looks like a cow's udder, without the handles, of course LOL. So with a very light touch, I've been caressing her round tum-tum up and down and around the stitches with my fingertips. She really seems to think that feels good and it makes me feel useful. http://bestsmileys.com/innocent/2.gif

Mooch, meanwhile is being the nut ball. LOL

JENNIFER - Glad you made it through work and that the cats are welcoming you home. How cute. I guess they know about what time you'll be arriving.

>Diane-So, when you have your baby, does this mean we're all Aunts?

Ooh, yeah! I hope so!

>Is there such a thing as a great Vet visit?

Yeah, in their eyes, I can't imagine there would ever be a good vet visit.

JEN - How's all the sneezing going? Lately I've been having a lot of allergic reactions to something - I don't know if there's something in the September air, or if there is something happening with kitty hair. Either way, it's just awful. And itchy.

>He calls daily-actually sometimes twice or calls once and then will text me in the mornings...

Oh wow! It was hard to read how you feel about that - is that a cool thing with you or not such a cool thing with you?

Thank you for taking time to write out that response about the twins. I really don't have any hands on experience with the subject (baha, poor choice of words) so it's kind of cool to hear about it from someone who's had it done.

I must say the image of having someone pull up my muscles with four fingers, one finger, or even a line of tooth floss, is not a comfortable image whatsoever!

But it sure must be fantastic to be able to wear things and not worry about the bra situation (I'm cringing remembering my ill-fitting bra from last week). Argh, the horror.

I'm glad to hear you've never had any trouble aside from having to do something other than fly work. It sounds pretty fun to be able to be perky at all times. Yeah, that must be totally great.

[font color=hotpink size=+2]NEWS FLASH!![/font]

You guys! Cham just came to me, meowed a couple times and sat down IN MY LAP!!!!!!!

Tears of happiness!!! http://bestsmileys.com/crying/8.gif

It was only for about two minutes, but it was absolutely magical!

Have a FABULOUS day!

ETA : Had some computer weirdness....so I'm editing late. http://bestsmileys.com/geek/1.gif

Hiya! Just tiptoeing in to say g'night http://www.alexanderpringwilson.org/images/emoticons/tiptoe.gif

Hey Augie, I'm sorry about poor Cham's limp. Did the vet send you home with anything for pain? Maybe you could ask him for something to have on hand just in case you think she needs it. How cute that that she rolled over for you to rub her tum-tum http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/8.gif That's so sweet that she wanted to sit in your lap -- she loves you and she's so happy to be home http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/1.gif

It sounds like ol' Mooch is quite the character -- lol! http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/22.gif

My elbow seems better again today. I used this thing on it and it really seemed to help http://www.homedics.com/prod/detail.aspx?ID=208

As you can see, I've been trying not to spend too much time on the forums because the typing really does aggravate the situation. It seems like the days I have the most pain are the days I've spent a lot of time on the forums x(

I did 30 minutes of cardio today -- Leslie Sansone -- and a 30 min segment of Classical Stretch. I'm going to try light weights again tomorrow. I did a weight circuit last week and felt pretty good afterward, but my arm has been bothering me so much the last few days that I've been askeered to try it again. I should try again and see what happens. Maybe the weight lifting is what I need! At least I have that massager doohickey to work the knots out of my forearm.

Hello to everyone else. I better hit the hay -- I'm pretty tired. I'll see you in the morning. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/nightf.gif

Oh! Jen -- I got your PM. Thank you so much for the info. I'm not sure now if I want to buy that workout series. I was thinking of getting it for DH but I need more information about it. There doesn't seem to be any video clips so I can't tell what it's like. Do you have any of the P90MS? DH hasn't worked out in ages so I think the X might be too much for him to start with. ;)

MICHELE - Hi there, did you get some good sleep?

>Did the vet send you home with anything for pain? Maybe you could ask him for something to have on hand just in case you think she needs it.

No, no medicine. And you know me, I have to be in mighty pain to take an aspirin. So I probably wouldn't be a good judge for when she would need it LOL.

>It sounds like ol' Mooch is quite the character -- lol!

Mooch is currently napping in his favorite spot - inside the garbage can LMAO. I ended up emptying the whole thing and cleaning it out, then laying it on its side, and now he uses it as his fort.

Anyway, it's a lazy day and they're sleeping a ton. (So am I, LOL.)

I'm glad to hear your elbow is doing better today. Er, yesterday. And the massage thingy looks wonderful! WOooooOoo! Typing can be so bad on the wrists and angles on the arm. What a bummer. I hate to think that typing makes things worse for you. Because I hate to tell you to stop typing! Waaa! :-(

That would be great if what would actually be good is to develop the muscles in your arms by lifting. That actually seems to make some sense. Just take it slowly!!

Okay. I'll BBL. Rest!

Morning, running in real quick to tell Michele that yes, I do have the P90 Masters series and I can give you information on it - what exactly is your DH looking for in a workout?

I do Plyo Legs & Cardio Intervals the most but they are pretty high impact- the warm up's in these are WAY too long- I typically only do them after another w/o so I can skip the w/u & just do the w/o which end up being about 30 min b/c the w/u & c/d are about 20 min total, maybe a little less. I haven't done the others lately but I can watch them for you if you'd like more information- I would say you'd be better off just buying one if he's interested in weights, maybe just order Sculpt 5-6... anyway, let me know and I'm happy to watch them & give you any info I can to help! :)

I will try to be back tonight before I head to Chad's house- I am exhausted this morning, think I only slept about 3 hours last night... I am considering taking a half day or a couple hours off so I can leave early, run a couple errands, workout, then take a quick nap but we'll see how the day goes.

August - I am still sneezing like CRAZY- it is driving me nuts! ;( Chad isn't bothering me yet- he asked me if he was b/c he knows I'm very independent & so is he (or so Jenny and him say) and I told him not yet but I'd let him know if he is! ;-) We have so much in common that it's kind of like hanging out with myself which I could NEVER get tired of... JUST KIDDING!!! :p But really we do have so much in common that I actually don't mind being around him, which is amazing for me as I am VERY independent and like my space!

Okay, need to get my butt moving- I REALLY don't want to work today- with the market like it is it's been very slow which makes the days longer especially when you don't feel good. The Fed's did cut the rates yesterday by a 1/2 point though so we'll see if today is busy...if not I'll probably leave early!

Hello Haters.

How are you all? I finally got a good night's sleep although the boys did their nascar run this early morning. They wake me up, or try to, during it and always can take a nap without a hitch.

August-My cat, Adrian, who is no longer with us. He had a limp, he was running around chasing a mouse in my old one bedroom apt. on the ground floor. I ended up taking him to the Vet. He sprained/twisted one of his feet. He was on painkillers for awhile. He actually listened to me during that time period. (that was freaky).

Sleep medication can be addictive. When my niece/nephews were diagnosed with MLD, my Dad (pre-cancer) was giving them to anyone that wanted them. I chose not to. I believe some of my family members had a hard time getting off of those.

Have a Great Day, it looks like rain here.

[font color=red size=+5 face="comic sans ms"]CUTENESS ALERT!![/font]

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=440316&mesg_id=440316&page=

ETA I'm trying to cut back on posting for a day or 2. I've found that it makes a big difference in how my arm feels -- and it's feeling pretty good right now so I'd like to keep it that way;). I'm not going to stop posting, just cut back a little. Please forgive my lack of personals and know that it's NOT personal -- I'm just trying to heal my friggin elbowx(

Jen -- I think I'm just going to get the sculpting DVD's for my DH. He didn't ask for them -- I decided for myself that he needs them:p . He doesn't get any exercise aside from an occasional walk on the weekends. He really needs to start doing something and he's more likely work out with Tony rather than Cathe;)

Have a good day, all, and I'll check back later tonight:*

P.S. Did y'all know it's Talk Like a Pirate Day? No joke! Robin's office is celebrating with wacky costumes and a deviled egg armada:7

Look here for a little fun and frolic, me hearties. Arrr!
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Hi Haters. I apologize for the following very brief, very self centered post. TLAP Day was fun. I'm tired. No one else is home. I just finished PLB, am going to go have a bowl of cereal for dinner, then read until bedtime. MWAH to all.

Hello haters- I am right there with you Robin- exhausted!

I did CTX Kickbox and am heading back downstairs in a minute to do a 20 minute floor hip/thigh/butt toner then showering and then heading to Chad's for dinner, I think I'm supposed to be there at 6:30 which is like 45 minutes from now so I'm guessing I'll be a little late, probably should call him but he'll live! ;-) He said he's grilling out for us, didn't say what so guess I'll find out, I think he knows what I like & don't like. I think I'm going to take a bottle of wine over so I can have a glass or two- I think I'm going to hit the couch when I get there and stay there.

Michele- Let me know if you want anymore info on P90 Masters.

I feel like I could throw up, I think it's just sinus drainage but still doesn't change the fact that it's making me feel like crap... guess taking a day off from working out may help! :eek: I am taking Friday night off- meeting a friend for a drink or two after work and I have to take 2 nights off next week- Wednesday have a jewelry party to go to and Fri night my boss is having a get together at her house, guess I'll have to hit it hard this weekend to make up for extra calories in the drinks and extra time off working out.

Okay, I may BBL- depends on what time I get home. :)

Hey guys, just thought I'd post because you all know I'm home! ;)

This will be brief so as not to be gloomy, but Cham's arm got worse and I took her to the vet (it's noon here). They need to take xrays and in order to do that, they have to give her anesthesia and I'll pick her up in about four hours. Needless to say, I'm really upset about it. She was crying so loudly. :(

But I'll be back later to post good news so don't be getting all bummed for me! :D

In the meantime, me and Mooch are gonna hang.

Forgive me for not getting to personals!

Frasier....take me away!

AUGUST- {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} I am so sorry about Cham's arm. :-( Makes me want to cry for her. I know how hard it is to see your babies in pain... I will say a prayer for you guys.

Please keep us updated as events happen- I'm sleepless in Illinois most evenings so I'm sure I'll be checking in later when I can't sleep.

We had grilled chicken on the grill, baked sweet potatoes, grilled red peppers, and a fruit salad. Very good- you guys should be proud that I'm at least eating 'real' food when he feeds me, he says he likes to cook which is great considering I don't cook at all! I can do stuff in the crock pot- the turkey tacos I made this past weekend were wonderful- I bought more ground turkey when I was at the store to make them again... this is the most meat I've eaten in like a year.

AUGUST- PLEASE REPORT BACK AS SOON AS YOU KNOW SOMETHING! :*

Hey hey hey, what's going on in here!?

{{{{{August and Cham}}}}} many prayers are being said for you. Poor Cham. She must've really been struggling to get out of her E-collar when she caught her nail. I can't believe this is happening to dear Cham. By all means, please let us know as soon as you hear from the vet. {{{{{August}}}}} :* :*

Jen - I'm so proud of you for eating real food! The only thing better than a really nice guy is a really nice guy who cooks...and hopefully cleans up the mess, too:p

I think I'm going to order the P90 series for my DH instead of P90 Masters. I know it's more beginner-ish, but I think it's something he'll do, and what's the point in getting him something he won't or can't do? I like it because it's a complete 90 day program and the workouts are short -- about 30 minutes each. He doesn't have an hour a day to workout so this fits the bill perfectly. He probably won't be able to commit 5 or 6 days a week to it, but I figure he can manage 3 for sure -- maybe 4. I don't want to hassle with Beachbody so I'm going to bid for them on eBay. There's tons of them up for auction so I figure I can get them for a song.

Well -- I'm going to read for a bit then I'll be back to check on Cham. Maybe I'll run into Jen, too :) Augie, in the meantime, enjoy Frasier. I can't think of a better diversion.;)

Michele- Did you see the post in the OD about Barry's bootcamp for $19.95 at HSN? I just ordered it, had been putting it off b/c wasn't sure how much I'd use all of it so didn't want to spend $60 on it so I waited and what do you know, HSN now has it for $25 total w/ shipping- 5 dvd's for $25, can't beat that especially for as good as I've heard this set is. It has chest/abs, arms/abs, full body, shouders/back, & butt/legs- what about that for your DH?

I have P90 3-4 only on VHS-bought them from a girl at work who didn't want them about 5 years ago- I didn't take 1-2 b/c I knew I'd never do it. For some strange reason I actually think I like Cardio Sweat 3-4 better than 5-6, which is the masters. 3-4 seems more put together and to me works my legs a little better, if I remember correctly! I also just did sculpt 3-4 a couple weeks ago as an add on & forgot how much I do enjoy it also- you can make it as hard or easy as you'd like- just depending on the weight amount you choose and rep count you do.

I was hoping to have a report on Cham... as you can tell I am wide awake again x(. I hope to be able to fall back to sleep soon but I'm not counting on it. I'll probably BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.