HATE - Sept 16th

JenL13

Cathlete
Good morning- this not being able to sleep thing is REALLY starting to wear me down! I was up more than asleep last night- I think I may have slept from 2-3 and then 4-5:30 and have been up since. I was in a bad habit of taking unisom to sleep for the longest time and I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago b/c I don't want to be dependent on it anymore- I've had nights since then that I've slept fine so i'm not sure if it's the lack of unisom or something else... I am amazed that I'm not worse than I am though considering haven't had a "decent" night sleep since Wed night.

I am getting ready to head downstairs to do Drill Max & BM2 Upper body. I almost went and worked out at 1:30 b/c I was so pissed I couldn't sleep. I've also been STARVING lately, and not the 'I'm bored so I'm hungry' hunger- like so hungry no matter what I eat I can't get full. My weight seems to be stable even though I'm probably eating about 500 more calories a day than normal- I don't own a scale so not 100% sure but I think it's stable. I've also been (sorry TMI) going to the bathroom a lot more so who knows.

Jennie- So...how was the date with David--- do tell! :) Did you make more plans with him? What workout you doing today? Anything fun on your agenda today?

Jennifer- Thanks, I will for sure give SJP a try this coming week, it looked like a lot of fun and you are correct, the music was very good! I almost just recorded it from FitTV but since I won't do the step portion it'd be a pain to have to fast forward to the parts I want! So, anyone interesting on match.com last night? Any plans for the today?

Michele- If you are lurking, I ate the ground TURKEY, rotel, taco seasoning mix last night and it was VERY good! I had it going in the crock pot all afternoon so the house smelled so good! I did just eat it in a bowl w/ a spoon-I added a little fat free shredded cheese and a dab of fat free sour cream- very good. I will have that for lunch/dinner today and will keep my Kashi cereal reserved for snacks today. :9

My inability to sleep is also hurting my pocket book! x( What else is there to do at 1,2,4 AM besides "play" on-line? I was searching around for kickboxing workouts since I LOVE them so much and wish Ilaria would make another like PS 1&2. Anyway, in my search I found some by Katalin Rodriguez Zamiar that sounded pretty good-it's the GI Jabb series, I'm sure lots of people have/know about these as they're old but I'd never heard about them. So, did some reading of reveiws, etc... and decided to give Cadet Training & Warrior Workout a try... the cadet one I could only find on VHS but found warrior on DVD- there are some mixed reviews but it appears that most that like Powerstrikes and Cathe's style do like these and the reviews on videofitness gave pretty detailed breakdowns of them and appear to have lots of leg drills which is what I need the most. I love CTX Kickbox b/c it's more cardio/drill based than actual kickboxing and I get the feeling these may be along those lines, we'll see!

Off to workout, I'll be back after Drill Max if anyone is around- i just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Drill max so actually glad I couldn't sleep in any longer so I can get started on it! :D

Hey Jen - sorry to hear about your sleep problems. That really truly sucks. I hate being sleep deprived.

Have you tried any of Kimberley Spreen's KB workouts? If not, you MUST get Absolute Kickboxing.

I'm not sure what's up with us today. My SO is working, so it's me and Sophie. She wants to go to the mall and we need to bake more apple things. I have a bushel of apples sitting on my kitchen counter.

I'm supposed to run 8 miles today, but I'm not sure I will. I might do Absolute KB instead. We'll see.

Okay, I have to go rouse the sleeping monsters. I need to cut Chris's hair before he goes to work. And if I let Sophie sleep in too long, she'll never get to bed tonight.

G'morning ladies,

Jen, I'm sorry you haven't been able to sleep. I know how frustrating it is. I suffer from insomnia. I have to take Ambien CR every night or I don't sleep. I've had this problem for years now. I'm not sure if Chris and I have plans this coming weekend or not. He hasn't asked me out yet. I seriously don't know how you work out with out sleep. I can not do that.

Shelley, I didn't realize you had kids. How old are they?

I'm suppose to do KM today, but my hips are so sore from PLB. I might switch my rotation and do IMAX 2 today and KM tomorrow.

Which reminds me, does anyone have a good sub for CTX? I don't have that work out.

Jennie

~Straighten out, fly right~

Cathe Friedrich

Hey Shelley- Good to see you here! YUM- apples! :9 I LOVE apples, actually I just spent the last 45 minutes cutting up apples & strawberries- I typically eat a medium size bowl full of them twice a day- morning & evening on weekends & lunch/evening during week. Takes time to prepare but its worth it. Where did you get your apples? What all have you made with them?

I have Kimberly's Cardio Camp & Kickbox Boot Camp- I've done CC & it wasn't a favorite of mine but I probably need to give it another chance- I haven't done BC yet- do you have that one and if so, do you like it? I do want to get 2 of the new CIA- Kimberly's AK & Sharon's All body attack. I am trying to hold off though until Deepdiscount carries them b/c I don't REALLY NEED them and they'll probably be $10 there as apposed to $20 so I can get both for the price of one, not sure how long it takes them to be available at DD, do you know?

You'll have to report back & let us know what you end up cooking and buying at the mall! :)

Jennie- Do you like Ambien and does it make you drowsy the next day? I didn't mind taking Unisom but it doesn't work immediately on me so I'd have to take it about an 1-1 1/2 hours before I wanted to sleep and that became very frustrating and impossible a lot of the time unless I just didn't do anything in the evening so I'd be home to take it. Yes, not sleeping is the worst- you just lay there and nothing you can do! I refuse to lay there for more than an hour though, if I'm still awake I'll get up and do things - sometimes it helps but sometimes it doesn't!

I know, I'm not sure either how I've been able to continue working out without sleep- the funny thing is too that it hasn't effected my workouts at all- very strange. With Chad owing a personal training business he knows the "signs" of overtraining and I've been getting comments here and there from him about how much I work out but what does he know, right?!?! ;-) He only works out like 3x/week now but I also pointed out to him that he TRAINS people every day where I sit in front of a computer ALL day long! I also told him he is just "old" and can't keep up anymore--- now he ISN'T OLD AT ALL but is 10yrs older than I so I can use it! :p

August- Remind me tomorrow or today your time, I think you are back today to reply to your questions about "the twins"!!! I didn't want to reply Fri night or Sat since you'd be gone, not too personal of a question at all, I don't try to hide it or care if people know, I like them so that's all that matters! :)

Hello Haters.

Today, I got to sleep in before I go back to work after a week long-much needed vacation. My cats didn't know I left the house last night cause they were sleeping in the basement on my renter's stuff, so when I got home, they wouldn't budge from my side.

Jennie-What is keeping you up at night? Stress? Alot on your mind? That would be hard for me to deal with. Stress has kept me from sleep a lot of times.

I love apples! Red Delicious is what I take to work almost daily. Reds have the highest level of antitoxans of all the other kinds.

Today, I was supposed to do BC or SB but it SO warm here today and the sun is great although we had a frost advisory last night, so I just got back from a 3 mile walk through the Hood.

Hi Hatersville.

Jenn, I'm sorry you are having sleep issues. I hate laying in bed tossing and turning, knowing I have to get up the next morning to go to work. I hope it's just a spell that passes soon. Yeah, you work out ALOT! Chad may be right suggesting overtraining. Of course, I probably undertrain.

Shelley, mmmmm, apples. The pie I made last night was delicious. I may have to make apple dumplings for dinner sometime soon. Then there are the doggies, Sadie and Gilbert. Quite a houseful!

Jennie, I'm going to jump in here an tell you that Shelley has a lovely daughter, Sophie, who just started 5th grade. (I sure hope I got that right.) The other monster, Chris, is her hunky SO.

Jennifer, did your renter ever call you back?

I did KPC this afternoon after I got home from work. I haven't done that workout in forever. It was fun. Our friends should be her any minute with pizza. Yay. See you all tomorrow.

Hello Again.

No my renter hasn't called me back so it should be interesting tomarrow being back at work. I will be on the other side of my dept. so she will be able to avoid me till the rent is due. She has until Nov. 1st to decide what to do.

KPC is a great workout. The kickbox workout of the 4 day split is considered to be just as good. I'm excited about it.

Jen, Hope you get some sleep soon!

Hi Robin & Jennifer!

Robin- During my sleepless nights I've been doing A LOT of on-line shopping & reading about new w/o, fitness, etc... anyway, I was reading some posts over at videofitness(i will lurk there once in a while but never post), anyway some mentioned premix #18 from KPC & how much they liked it. I've never done that one but after reading what it consisted of I think I'll have to do this one this week. For some reason KPC as is has a dread factor for me lately- I think I did it too much before I found my other kickboxing workouts I adore! Below is the breakdown, copied from VF.

KB Combo 1 followed by leg presses
KB Combo 2 followed by squats, rear lunges (with front heel raised on a small dumbbell) and plie' squats
KB Combo 3 followed by side leg presses, plies' (regular, explosive and w/a curtsy lunge), calf raises, 1-legged deadlifts, 1-legged knee lifts on step w/knee raise (genie arms) and explosive lunges

Jennifer- Stick to your guns w/ your renter and just tell her she needs to decide- not like you are being unreasonable and the more you let people like that do those type of things, the worse they get. I just don't understand people like that...which I guess is good but really I don't even begin to understand why they think things like that are okay, you know?

I did Drill Max, BM2 Upper Body, and Thin Thighs, Great buns, and Great Abs from beachbody's great body guaranteed dvd-they are each about 10 min.

I am pretty tired but I am not getting my hopes up that I'll be able to sleep tonight. I think I am going to try to eat an early dinner then maybe run by Chad's for a while-haven't told him yes or no yet... still thinking. ;-) I may BBL if I stay home... we'll see.

Hello Jen.
Thanks for the encouragment, I see it as no problem sticking to my guns with her. She will play her games, but no big deal, I can handle it. Actually, I'm old enough to be her mother, well almost.
On Match, some guy from IN who's only 24 winked at me. And, I'm definately old enough to be his Mom.
No workout for me tonight, I just walked around the neigbourhood and will do so tomarrow night after work. It'll be too hot to be inside and I'm not turning on the heat or air till I have to.
For being so tired, Jen, you're quite energetic.
Have fun with Chad!

Good evening... was hoping maybe August had stopped in by now but no such luck. :-(

I am going to *try* to go to bed here in a few...keep your fingers crossed for me & my wallet! ;-) Chad called & I told him I was too tired to move from my chair to drive (although it is literally 2 min) so we talked and decided to hang out tomorrow night, of course about ten min after we agreed on that he asked if I cared if he stopped by here, which I didn't since that meant I could stay in my Ram jammie pants. :) Anyway, got a nice relaxing back rub so hoping that will help me sleep, we'll see.

I will be back tomorrow night after my workout & before I head to his place- hope everyone had a good weekend... Dana, anything exciting happen this weekend? Night all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.