Hate, schmate...

debfer

Cathlete
Hello to all-

Michele-I'm glad to hear that your MIL is going to be alright and what a considerate thing to reassure your hubby that everything is alright and not to worry-I'm sure he feels so helpless-I want to send you a pic of Portofino (my favorite place in Italy)-its a pic I want to paint someday, you'd love it and it would get you into the vaca groove (when I learn how to post pics I'll send it to you)

Diane-woo hooo- agirl- I have 3 daughters and I am blessed (Dana-nothing against boys-I've always wanted a boy but I guess I was meant to have girls)-I love, love the name you are thinking of (for more than 1 reason)-

Robin- you are sooo cute-do you get that alot? and did I ask you if you have a recipe for whoopie pies already??

Shelley-I'm still doing Tony-I got back into it after a week and a half off and I didn't lose any muscle gains-I actually feel stronger-I would love to have flat abs like yours but I have a jel bel-can I ask you about chin ups?-I can "cheat" (using a chair) and get about 8 of them done but when I try to do a "true" chin up from the floor, I can do one and then I'm toast-how many could you do and were they real chin ups?

August-how are you? are you fitting in any workouts with your busy schedule?

Today I'm doing kenpo from P90X adn I have my 11 yr old b-day party and I'm soo excited for it-it's going to be so much fun-I'm having them do a scavenger hunt but they will have to take all sorts of funny pictures for it-we have soccer games this weekend and a baseball game to go wee- and I'm also excited cuz I got tickets to go see the musical Wicked with my 16 yr for her b-day-

Hi to EVERYONE else!!!

Good morning!

I overslept again. I couldn't get to sleep last night so I previewed my workout for today -- BM2's double upper body premix. At least it's one I can do -- LOL! I'm kind of stiff and sore from B&G, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

My MIL will hopefully come home today. My FIL is supposed to call me as soon as he hears something and I'm planning to take dinner over tonight. I had dinner with my FIL and SIL last night and it was a nice evening. I can't say enough how glad I am that my SIL is in town right now. Having her here has relieved me of a huge burden. I just wish she wasn't going home on Sunday.

I'm dreading this weekend and the coming week. I have so many things I wanted to accomplish while DH is gone but there's no way I can get anything done now. I don't even want to think about my trip right now. I'm feeling like it ain't gonna happen. My MIL just had a heart attack, for crying out loud! There's no one around to help out if we leave. I'm in despair.

Deb -- hey there Georgie Girl!! I was surprised and pleased to see that you started our thread today :) :) :). I want to see that picture -- I'll bet one of your kids will know how to post it -- LMAO!!

Okay, I have no clue what kenpo is? So, what is it? Have fun at the birthday party. A scavenger hunt with pictures sounds like fun.

Hello to everyone else. I'm about to have some breakfast and tackle that workout. I want to get it out of the way early. I'll check back later:* :*

Hey guys, I'm back in town again and it's past midnight and I'm ready to crawl myself into beddie-bye.

I haven't been in my apartment to do any DVDs, but I did have time to read up on al the cool stuff going on in Hatertown though. :)

Hello to everyone!

Oh, and I asked my work partner if he knew the words to Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes in Japanese, and he paused for a while and then started singing London Bridge is falling down LOL.

DEB - How inspiring to hear about you and your P90X and strength gains! That is fantastic! Congrats!! Have a great party!

MICHELE - I'm so glad to hear that your MIL is doing better. I guess your SIL isn't able to stay longer or change her plans to be around in the area for longer? You're also totally inspiring with your workouts! Good for you!!

Sorry, I'm totally beat and half out of it. I've an early morning, too, so I'll have to chat later!

Hugs,
:D

Michele - I'm glad you MIL is coming home soon. I'm glad you SIL is here it help out. I hope you are able to make your trip!

I am so excited today I couldn't sleep last night. I woke up at 4 am and was starving, so ate a big bowl of cereal. Then I couldn't fall asleep again until 7 because I was thinking about Laney and the new car I am getting today! I leave work in a couple hours to go pick it up. I worked out most of the financial stuff over the phone with DH's cousin (finance manager of the dealership) and I am getting an even better deal than I originally thought! She is really making sure we get the best deal possible. My car payment will go down by $100/month, which will really help when I am staying home.

No workouts to report recently. I did a 20 min salsa cardio from one of my prenatal videos the other day and got overheated at the end and had to lay down for 30 min to cool down. It was really not even hard at all, I barely broke a sweat, but my body overheats really easily now so I am just trying to be careful.

Hi haters. I really don't have time for personals. I hate having to say that. Today has to be a rest day. No time to squeeze in a workout. Tomarrow I'll get up early and do one before leaving for Scranton to pick up Tristan for the weekend. Maybe later.

Hi all. I'm home and relaxing with a glass of wine, as the coals heat for the steaks. Yum. Here's the recipe for the evil whoopie pies.

Devil's Food Sandwich Cookies (Whoopie pies or Gobs)

1/2 c. shortening
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour milk
1 c. boiling water
4 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. cocoa

Cream sugar, shortening and eggs; beat well. Add milk and boiling water all at once. Sift all dry ingredients together and add to mixture; mix well. Drop by tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheeets and bake at 475 for 5 min. Remove from cookie sheets immediately and let cool.

Icing:
5 T. flour
1 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1/8 t. salt
1 c. granulated sugar
1 t. vanilla

Mix flour and milk until smooth. Place in a saucepan and cook slowly, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool. Add butter and shortening and blend on a low speed; add salt and beat on high speed until smooth and fluffy. Blend in sugar, remaining on high speed until crystals dissolve and add vanilla beating for 1 minute longer. Put flat sides of cookies together with icing.

Hello everyone!

Hurray! It's Friday. Hurray! My DH is home after a 17 day tour! Hurray!? It's dance recital weekend...

So how the heck is everyone? There has been so much going on, it's been hard to keep up. Last weekend was so quiet I thought I would be able to be on top of things and post personals every day, but then you all started posting like crazy.

Diane! I am so excited for you! I never wanted to know the sex of my babies, but now I think it might have been rather nice to know what kind of linens and clothes to get. I loooovvee the set you posted. I can tell you having a daughter is a amazing - I never had a single item of clothing in pink or purple before - now I have a load of each on every wash day. LOL! (I even bought a pink tshirt for myself!)

Shelley - I was SO excited to finally see what you looked like and you know, you really don't look like a Tool fan to me. More like a lady that one might take to a concert of classical music. You are so beautiful and FIT! (I already knew how adorable Robin was - she doesn't hide behind a kitty cat!)

Jen - I am so glad you are feeling better. I too am very impressed with how TOGETHER you are! I can't imagine having the disipline you have - I can be a bit of a flake some times!

August - hope you are doing okay with that busy schedule. Your posts don't have their usually joi de vie - you seem VERY tired. But I'm still glad to see you here just to say hi.

Deb - what is kenpo and do you think that the P90X is worth the expense? Does it really take you to another level? Sounds like you are a good party planner. I am dreading having to do parties for my girls because I get really stessed out about everything being perfect whenever I have any kind of party! I can just imagine what a feat of planning it is to do a party for kids!

Michele - I think we should all send some positive energy your way regarding your trip to Italy. You have been focusing SO much on other people around you that it is your turn now. You SO deserve to get away.

ROBIN!!!! - how do you stay so slim when you bake pies that beautiful and cookies as sinful as whoopie pies (aptly named)???? I rarely bake anything other than bread and muffins or else I would just eat it all. I have even tried freezing cookie dough so that I would just bake a few "for the girls"....but unfortunately I, too, am one of the girls.

Dana - Gabe cracks me up! I can only imagine what it would be like to have a son and I REALLY enjoy the stories you share with us. How do you fit a 7 mile walk into your busy schedule???? Hope you are enjoying your day off.

Well, I'm being kissed and squeezed and it's time to get ready for the recital.

Hi to all you other lovely ladies! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

.png
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.