HATE Nov 30

August

Cathlete
Moooorning!

Today calls for a rest day, but because I took my rest day the other day, today is supposed to be Christi cardio day, but because I have to leave early today and because yesterday was challenge day and because I'm kind of tight in my hamstrings, today calls for get ready to take Mom out for lunch and then go to work day.

Last night I was so sleepy around midnight, logged on before going to sleep, read the post about Nintendo DS in the open forums, got all excited about it, and then ended up buying one online :+. Then I was all fired up with my thrilling spur of the moment moment that I couldn't fall asleep LOL. I woke up and still felt so excited about getting my portable games. Oh boy!! :D

Diane - I love the new kitty photos! I've been thinking about kittens again and have really been planning how I could get them for my mom, that is, convincing her that we should get them. Ohhh, kitties!!! Want! Want! Good thing you can't buy them online.

Dana - Oh yeah, if I woke up and looked at the clock at 4am I'd be like, no waaaay. The much more leisurely 5am is TONS better (NOT!). That would be awful, just plain awful to buy P90X and have it get lost and wind up like in, say, Tokyo at my door step }( LOL. The thing about P90X is that if I were to buy it, I would need to buy the whole thing. And then I'd have to buy a chinup bar and then I'd have to be posting with the Chinsters every day. Course, I do like those goofy Chinsters, but a chinup bar wouldn't look good in my apartment.

Robin and Michele - They do have many desserts here made from sweet potatoes and include whipped cream, and sometimes ice cream. Why don't you guys come over for a visit?

Hiyas out to the rest of you! Have a great day! Okay, I'm off!

Whipped cream ruins everything. There you have a great dessert and then ruin it with whipped cream. And then you get all those extra calories for nothing. You could have had more milk chocolate or something close to it and you wreck it with whipped cream.

I didn't walk today. Too darn cold! I cannot take the cold. I have a friend in Montana who says it ONLY snows three months out of the year. THREE MONTHS! Yikes. I am dying here at fifty.

Tomorrow I do Butts and Guts again. I like it more than GS Legs because I think it is harder. It is like a cross between Meaner Legs and Legs and Glutes. The floorwork has this horrible nine minutes of "on all fours". I hate it because it is great. And firewalkers look tame but they are anything but tame. I also like all the abs stuff. Great workout!

I LOVE whipped cream, but alas, I never (well, rarely) eat it.:-(

August, I hope you had a pleasant lunch with your mom. How's she adjusting to life in Tokyo? Has she made any friends? I think a kitty (or 2) is a nice idea:). Mmmmmmmm...sweet potato dessert with a dollop of whipped cream.:9

Kate, you think 50 degrees is cold!? LMAO!! That's a darn near perfect day for me. I don't even wear a coat in that kind of weather! Have I said how much I love having you back?

Diane, how could I have been so remiss! I adore the photos of Sydney and Sadie! They're soooooo cute:+. They look exactly like my Franky and Johnny. I have a thing for gray, stripped tiger kitties. By the way, I love your new comforter, too! I agree that you need a stress reducing workout.

DH has to take his car in for repairs in the morning so I have to follow him and then take him to work. Sounds simple, right? WRONG!! The repair shop is in a little town north of where we live, and his office is in another town way south. The bright side is, I'll actually get to spend some time with him AND, I'm making him take me to dinner on our way home:p :7

Robin, Jeanette, Dana, Jana--everybody--hi!! Have a nice day!!

It's about 1 AM and I'm headed for bed now. I'll see you tomorrow sometime. :* :*

Thank you Michele, you have always so sweet and supportive and believe me, it is nice to be back. I can understand why some people have technology....I think it is because they have server problems. What would I do without this thing? I wouldn't have a life! Go get a life? Huh? But I love my computer.....my friends live in here and I honestly don't have ANY fitness friends nearby. People with whom one has common interests do live far and it is wonderful to have found them.

Butts and Guts today with some type of cardio. I hate even typing the "C" word!

I must finish this later. NEED coffee.

Kate

Michele, fifty degrees in way too cold. You should have been here during the first part of the month. it was in the mid seventies. You would have been hanging around in your swimsuit (seventy-five is too cold for me for a swimsuit...it has to be ninety at least). You are a strong woman!

It all of a sudden it is cold and rainy here in Houston. Yesterday it was 80 degrees, today it is freezing. :( So no running today. I am going to try and do some pilates or yoga after work today.

Poor DH has been working like a dog for the past couple of months. He got home at 1:30 am last night, and tonight might be a 3:00 am kinda night. He has a huge deal closing on Friday, so Friday night we are going to our favorite restaurant in town to celebrate the deal closing. After Friday he will have a lot of time.

Also, we have something else to celebrate on Friday - my private student loan is paid off! I made the final payment this week. It was nearly $100,000 and got up to 8% interest, so I am so happy to see it gone!! I was using basically my entire income to pay off that loan, so now we will have a lot more savings. We still have a lot of student loan debt, but it is all federal debt consolidated at a very low interest rate so it makes more financial sense to just pay the minimum since we would make more money investing. So now I feel free! We could change jobs now if we wanted to instead of being tied to jobs we don't like.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. I will try and check in later.

Hi Kate and Diane!

Gee, where is everybody? I should talk--I can't play today at all. I'm just here for a sec while I sip a little coffee. I need to rev up my engine to push through the rest of the day.

I'm chauffeuring my DH around while his car is in the shop. The bad news is, they won't be finished with it until late tomorrow so DH will need to take my car for the day. I'm scrambling around now trying to get everything done today that I had originally planned to do tomorrow--lot's of errands and big grocery shopping. I hate being trapped at home without a car.

Diane, congratulations on paying off your private loan!! That's a huge accomplishment and you should be really proud of yourself. I think you should take some money and blow it on something frivolous as a little reward for your hard work and discipline. Congrats to your DH, too, for closing that deal!

Kate, I'll let you in on a little secret. I almost never wear a coat, even when it's in the 20's and 30's. I leave a coat in the car just in case I need it but, I usually don't wear it. I hate trying to drive with a coat on. I know--CRAZY!!

August, I meant to tell you that I definitely think you should snag a few packets of sugar from a restaurant and try the ginger spiced hot chocolate recipe. Just get enough to make one or 2 cups--you won't have to worry about overindulging since you won't have a whole box of sugar. And you're right about teh ginger--it's very soothing in my tummy. I love it!

Robin, I hope your day with dear Greyor is going well. Is he a good baby (i.e., no crying--lol!)? I would be hopeless in your situation. I'm askeered of babies:eek:

Jeanette, Dana, Jana and all--I'll see you later. I may not be back on the boards again until tomorrow. I'm kind of swamped with things today. Have a good one!:*

Kate - I just dislike things that are like foam. Whipped cream, chocolate mousse, butter...froth doesn't do it for me. Oh man, I'm cold like all the time. If it could be sticky humid every day of the year, I'd be so freakin happy. Speaking of freakin happy, I'm glad you're back here with us, too.

Michele - Mom and I had a really great lunch at the fish restaurant I think I told you about before. This place serves ONLY fish and gets the fish fresh that morning. The fish is lightly salted and then put over flames, then served with Japanese veggies and miso soup and stuff. Ohhhh, it is just the best. I could eat there every day. Mom is really loving living in Tokyo, which makes me so happy. I've encouraged her to go out and do group activities, but she seems to be enjoying just doing her own thing, even though it kind of worries me that she's hanging by herself so much. She would be in heaven to have two kitties. Really, just heaven. I'm sooo on the verge of just getting them!...That's great that you're getting a dinner out of the car thing. I can't wait to hear what you got to eat! Yum!..uh oh, I'm just reading your second post...does this mean no dinner?

Diane - Wow, that's great news about your student loan being paid off! Congratulations!!

Next restaurant I go to that has sugar packets on the table...those sugar packets are MINE!

Okay, night, night!

Afternoon haters! Different day, same old poop! Works stinks. I'm swamped. Blah!!!!!

August, I'm getting worried about you. Ya know, thinking about stealing sugar packets is a sign of turning into a LOL (aka Little Old Lady) HA!!! Next thing you'll be stealing ashtrays, salt & pepper shakes, glasses, you name it. YEARS ago I took my Granny out to dinner and it was during the fall and the tables were decorated with gourds. Well we get into the car and she pulls this gourd out of her purse and is like, look what I got. Oh goody, you've got a gourd!!! So she plants the seeds from it and for years she was getting all these gourds in the fall from the stolen gourd. She steals everything off the tables when we go out to dinner. Nothing is safe, she is Clepto Granny!!!! So I"m just warning you, you take one sugar packet and who knows what it will lead to.

Your fish dinner sounds absolutely wonderful. YUM!!!

Diane - I didn't see the kitty pictures. I'll have to check them out. How is the running coming along?

Robin, I saw your comment yesterday about the um, "piles". Gross!!!

Michele, have a great day running errands.

Kate, I LOVE whipped cream, esp on pumpkin pie. YUMMO!!!

I walked 3.5 miles at lunch. Hopefully I can get in some weights tonight.

Hi everyone else. Gotta get back to work!

Michele - Oh yes, DH and I have already decided that we get a big bonus since we have been on a tight budget for a long time to pay off this loan. For starters, we are going to our favorite restaurant in town of Friday which is usually reserved for anniversaries or something like that because it is way too expensive. We also both get a certain amount of money as a bonus for the next paycheck. I want a new watch, but the watch I want is more than the bonus amount, so it will also be my Christmas present. It is actually a "Michele" watch, spelled the same way as your name :) This is the watch I want. I know it is outrageous, but I tried it on the other day and I love it!

http://www.michele.com/webapp/wcs/s...ier3=S-Michele.Womens.Watches.Coquette.Petite

DH is getting a nice watch too, but his is less expensive so he also wants to get one of those running watches that have a GPS system so he can know how far he was running.

Dana - I ran again this week, but it got cold and rainy today so it will be hard to run outside now. I have to buy some winter running clothes.

Hi, guys. I can't sleep. Sorry, Michele. I hope this doesn't mean anything for your sleep this evening.

Dana, the story about your Clepto-Grandma was so cute.

Except....what on earth is a gourd?

I need to know this info if I'm going to be taking one. ;) Just kidding.

Diane, you and your shopping. What a riot! But I guess it's nice to think you'll have Michele with you all the time. :)

Whew, busy day! I didn't get a chance to sit till now at work. And it's only for a second, before the work starts pouring in.

I did Step and Intervals from CTX today. I know you all are going to drum me off this thread, but there isn't enough cardio in these workouts for me. Oh well, they are all I have time for now. Greyor's dad watched him this morning so I could do the grocery shopping. I stocked up on all kinds of baking ingredients and plan on starting my Christmas cookies Saturday. I love baking Christmas cookies and have even won some prizes for some of them. I also got most of the house cleaned, so tomarrow can be a sit on the computer all day kind of day.

Diane, that is some watch. But you deserve it. Enjoy!

Dana, I love your Granny. Maybe I'll start being like that now.

Michele, I hope you got all your errands done. We have to figure out some way to get a car to the garage next week and still have everyone get to work and school. I'm letting DH figure that one out.

Kate, LOL that 50 is cold. You remind me of the checkout girl we saw in St John, USVI. The morning temp was about 75 and she was wearing a down jacket.

Uh oh, I better get back to work.
August, I hope you get to sleep. Dream of nintendo games.

PRIZE WINNING COOKIES!?!?!? :eek: I WANT SOME!!!--lol! I greatly admire your determination to adhere to your long standing tradition of holiday baking. I don't do Christmas baking, or much baking of any kind for that matter. My baked goods always flop. What kind are you baking? :9 :D :9 :D

I'm glad to know Greyors daddy is helping out, after all, Greyor is his son. You said something about a nursing visit? How did that go? Is Emily coping with everything OK? Are you coping with everything OK. Sorry--I don't mean to pummel you with a barrage of questions, but I've been concerned about the lot of you and you remain, as ever, in my prayers.

August, upon a second reading of your original post I see that you bought a NINTENDO!? You mean like a gameboy thingie? I don't know anything about electronic games and I can't even imagine what you just bought. What is it? What does it do? Do you have to shoot people to score points or something?--lol! Oh! I would love to visit you in Tokyo sometime. My DH would love the restaurant you went to with your mom. He can't get enough seafood or fish. --I hope you finally drifted off to sleep. :* :*

Diane, there's a watch named after me? I've never heard of this, but the watch is lovely and I'm glad you're splurging. You've worked hard for it. I totally believe in rewarding yourself with something fun after paying off debts.

I need to go now. It's time to pick up my darlin' DH and allow him to take me to dinner--my reward for letting him have my car tomorrow and leaving me stranded at home. I guess you guys will have to put up with me for the day:p

ETA that I almost forgot to say hi to Dana! OMG! Your granny story is hilarious...stealing restaurant centerpieces!! (August, a gourd is like...like...like a pumpkin...you know..those kinds of things!). I have a confession to make. When I was in nursing school I stole coffee mugs from Friendly's Restaurant...6 of 'em:eek: }(! I still have one of them and I keep it in my vanity drawer. Shhhhh...don't tell anybody, OK? It was a long time ago.

ETA that I got religion since ^^^ }( :7 .

Hey chickies. DH is working on his truck - waiting for him to finish so I can go downstairs and workout.

August - a gourd is like what Michele said, a mini pumpkin. They are ugly and look like they have warts covered in them. Well, here you go, check it out for yourself (and keep your mind out of the gutter)http://www.homestead.com/jacksgrainandgourds/files/Apache_Dipper.JPG

What games did you get w/your Nintendo??? I'm so old school HA, I love the 80's games, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaxia, etc. I also love Tetris. Gabe has it for his Gameboy but I believe that he has hidden it on me.

I started buying some of my stuff for Christmas cookies. Robin you will have to let us know what kind you are making.

Diane, love the watch!

Well, I better check on out of this check in. Later haters!

Let's see, I make the traditional snickerdoodles, PB blossums, rum balls and chocolate chip cookies. Then I make these almond butter bars that everyone loves, white chocolate cranberry bars, walnut frosties (I think several people here made these last year, strawberry marzipan bars, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I once stole an 80 pound pumpkin. It was when I was in college, after a kegger. A couple friends and I made about 20 pies with it. Michele, that was before I got religion too.

Greyor's daddy is a good guy, and I hope he and Emily decide to get married someday. We are all doing well. Greyor acts like a normal baby, so we aren't going to worry about anything until we have too. The nursing visit went well. Greyor is up to 8 pounds now.

Oh geeze, I didn't know that huge gourd pic was going to post there, I thought it was just going to be the link.

Robin I am glad to hear that Greyor is doing good. Your cookies sound good. I usually make the same kinds each year (choc chip, peanut butter, pistacio/coconut, white cake like ones w/icing and coconut, raisin filled, oatmeal raisin, pecan crescents, sugar cookies and sometimes pizzelles). I don't think we have enough space in or freezer though. DH got a deer in archery and just got one the first day of buck.

If DH doesn't get in here soon it looks like I won't be getting a workout in tonight. It is almost 7:00 here. Guess I"ll get Gannon ready for bed soon.

About 8 years ago a friend of mine thought that the glasses in this one bar we were in were cool. They actually wore, they looked like they had bubbles in the bottom. So she put it up here shirt and she dropped it in the car and it smashed. Karma, karma, karma.

Have a great night all!

Hi haters!

Finally got on here. I did GS Shoulders and Lowmax premix 4-7. Okay, done with that stuff.

You guys are all a hoot and I sure enjoy reading this thread. Dana, you cracked me up but showed a gourd. I can see the picture of August now. With her purse full of crackers from the table, leftover biscuits, orange garnishes to be eaten later. Yep, a real old lady just taking advantage of a good situation.

I had my niece take my before P90X pictures this evening and I was definitely surprised at how stocky my legs are (and how big my butt is). A lot of us Portuguese people are short legged and sturdy. Yep, that's what these legs are. I'll never be called willowy and elegant, that's for darn sure. There's room for lots of improvement, and I mean lots. I may just get brave and post them on my picture trail sometime.

I'm one of those that likes whipped cream or even Cool Whip is fine too. I was just looking at some pictures I took of our Thanksgiving table and my eyes were just drawn to the dish of yam casserole. I mean, I couldn't quit looking at it and fantasizing. It really is magical, marshmallows and all.

Kate, I love Butts and Guts too. I feel like when I get to the all fours part, I'm almost done. The standing work is much harder for me, especially the 1 legged lunges or squats or whatever with your back leg up on the risers. Killer.

Michele, what a pain in the butt to have to take your car in to the mechanic. I have a couple of dents in the door of my Jeep and I really, really need to take it to the shop and have it fixed but I hate being without my car, though we do have a pickup as a backup car. I just need to do it. Hope you enjoy your dinner with your DH tonite.

Diane, that is soooo awesome that you got your loan paid off!!! You deserve to celebrate for sure.

Robin, sorry that 10-10-10 wasn't enough for you. You must be in great shape. Christmas baking, now that's something I've not done for quite a while. I hardly ever bake any more, unless there's a potluck at work or a family function of some type. I tend to eat what hangs around so I just don't. Mmmmm, peanut butter blossoms sounds yummy. What's in it? I love PB. Snickerdoodles are a favorite too. Have to have cream of tartar for that one, right? Sounds like Greyor is doing well. Thank God!

August, we used to have a Nintendo. It came with Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt. Also had Tetris and the Adventures of Linc. My kids never really got into them and we definitely didn't push. Are you a computer game player already? Are we going to lose you to that? Come back, August.....

Must go now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.