HATE : Mar 6

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

I had Basic Step in my rotation today, so I've just finished up the band section of Stretch Max.

http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/7.gif

What. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry051.gif

So if someone doesn't come and tell me the magic substitution for Jamaican Jerk spice in the next hour or so, I'm going to have to do something drastic ---- like, like add something from my cabinet using MY OWN cooking instincts.

HELLO! I HAVE NO MY OWN COOKING INSTINCTS!!

My grocery delivery should be coming any minute now, and I'm set to start my crockdome with Jen's sweet potato bean recipe. I contemplated instead trying out Gayle's barley and bean one (being that I've no Jamaican Jerk spice), but hers takes 7 hours to cook, and that would mean that Mom and I would be eating dinner around 9pm LOL. I know I could use the high button, but this is my first time and I don't want to go askew from the actual recipe and it says to use low. http://bestsmileys.com/geek/1.gif

OMG! My delivery is here. I have to prepare!

MICHELE - Your niece developed a blood clot in her leg? Oh how awful! How scary. Is all taken care of? Does she need to go back to the hospital?

And you must have a horrible ear and neck ache from all the phone talking you had to do. Have things settled down a bit, I hope?

SHANNON - I just looked online and found a website called JUST PINTO BEANS. LOL. I hope they're called "Pinto beans" in Japanese, but if all else fails, I'll certainly try another bean!

All right. I must cut! Wash! Rinse!

Someone get over here and tell me what to sub for Jamaican Jerk spice LOL!!

http://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/2.gif

ETA : Okay, I have um.....curry powder.....chili powder...cumin powder....All spice...what do I do?!

ETA : Oh wait! My green beans are fresh and not frozen! Is that going to make something explode?!

:D

Oh hey Augie! I was on my way to the shower when I heard your plea emanating from my computer :p

Jerk eh? I have NO CLUE -- LMAO

But according to the Wikipedia, it's a fiery spice traditionally used to season goat -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Seriously, here's the Wiki link and it does tell you which spices make up jerk seasoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_jerk_spice

I also found this recipe to make your own:
http://www.recipesource.com/side-dishes/spices/01/rec0125.html

I'm sorry, I've never tasted or used jerk seasoning so I can't tell you anything from personal experience. :*

No, my niece didn't have to go back to the hospital -- she's already on meds to thin her blood as clots are common for someone in her predicament. I'm sure they bumped up her meds.

I'm sorry I never made it back for personals like I promised I would. I had just a terrible day -- really awful ;( . I had a little melt down today, too ;) . I think I've been gearing up for one. Anyway, it's kind of a long story and I can't get into it now. I just did my workout (yea!!), and I have to shower and get to bed. I have a tHrObBiNg (that's supposed to look like it's pulsating -- lmao!), headache.

G'night...and I'm sure your dinner will be GREAT!! I expect a FULL report! :*

ETA fear not! Your fresh green beans will be fine! ;)

OMG, do I stir this stuff or WHAT?!

LMAO!

Well, I didn't stir it. I hope that's all right.

MICHELE! Thank you for coming to my rescue! Thanks to your link I dumped in a bunch more thyme, cinnamon and a bit more salt, and also some allspice.

Oh, and a dash of curry powder for good will.

Don't worry, I won't hold you responsible. I will hold Jen half responsible, though, even though she says she's never made it. LMAO.

My crock pot is on and it's HOT as all. Chami went to check it out and when she got about a foot away from it, she made a face like she was in 100mph winds LOL.

I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a hard day and are totally exhausted and achy.

>I have a tHrObBiNg (that's supposed to look like it's pulsating -- lmao!)

Oh, Michele, feel better! Sleep deep! Good for you for doing your workout.

Big hugs and talk to you when you get up and around to the computer again.

Later guys!

Note to self : Buy a potato peeler.

:*

ETA : I need to be working but I forgot to tell you the good part - the recipe called for 14.5 oz of veggie broth. Since I couldn't find veggie broth in a can here, I had to buy powder and make broth...but the powder instructions were in Italian and then translated into Japanese, and the instruction was 4 grams for 150ml. LMAO! I sure hope I put the right amount of broth in!

ETA : Okay, it's been an hour since I started the crock pot and there's a smell of herbal explosion drifting into my work room. Am I in trouble? Am I in trouble?! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ashamed002.gif

Update LOL.

The herb smell got so intense I started to worry it might make Chami, who is sleeping in the main room (where the crock pot is) ill.

I.....I unplugged the thing and moved it to the front door LMAO.

REPORT!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked017.gif

O-M-G!!!!!!!!!

Why did I not buy this miracle from the heavens above sooner?!

WHY?!

Mom's watching TV and we're spending quality time together right now (LOL) but I had to come and report that the sweet potato bean stew was fantastic! How in the world does that thing make the potatoes smushy and yummy, but keep the green beans firmish? HOW?!

Okay, I should get back to Mom now.

Anyway, SUCCESS!!

YAY!

Tomorrow is Gayle's bean and barley stew! :D

Good Morning Haters.

After reading this thread, my oatmeal and yogurt aren't the best. I'm hungry and should get my crockpot out.

Well, the snow is here again. About one more inch of that heavy stuff, and more for the rest of the week.

A co-worker told me that next week will be in the 50s so I am hoping for warmer weather especially by my day off.

No workout last night, too tired and too many things to do afterwork.
Maybe, KPC tonight or IMAX2, which I haven't done in a long time.

Have a Great Day!!

Alright August, I'm coming out of lurkdom to ask you to repost the sweet potato stew recipe. I'm glad you figured out how to replace the jerk seasoning. I've never used the stuff either.

Michele, I missed the trauma with your niece. I hope all is OK. Here are some anti-headache vibes - MMMMM-MMMMMM-MMMMM. Does that help?

No workout for me last night. My knee was very hurty, probably from three consecutive days of aerobics. It feels better today, so the plan is for 4DS Kick Box and leg work this afternoon.

Hey, Jennifer - Oatmeal and yogurt sound yum!

Robin - Ew. Hurty knee. No good. Definitely stop the aerobics. Even if your knee is well, stop the aerobics. :)

And here's the sweet potato recipe! I think without the Jamaican Jerk seasoning it was just a tad on the sweet side (no duh being that it's full of sweet potato LOL)...so you might want to counter-balance with something if you don't have Jerk.

Caribbean Sweet Potato & Bean Stew

2 medium sweet potatoes peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cups frozen cut green beans
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
1 can (14 1/2oz) vegetable broth
1 small onion, sliced
2 tsp. Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp.salt
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
Hot pepper sauce (optional)

*To toast almonds, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake @ 350 for 8-10 min or until golden brown, stirring frequently.

1. Combine all ingredients except almonds & hot pepper sauce in slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender
2. Adjust seasonings. Serve with almonds & hot pepper sauce, if desired.

Good morning!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/eatdrink059.gif

Ahhhhh...I feel MUCH better this morning. I was just pathetic yesterday. I'm sorry for my utter self absorption, but the events of the past couple of months finally got to me and I sort of fell apart yesterday. What really threw me over the edge was losing my ENTIRE iTunes library :eek: ;( ;( ;( ;( :eek: x(

You heard me right -- I lost everything in my iTunes library -- with a little help from DH (no, the "D" does NOT stand for dear). It all had to do with my iPod which is formatted for my PC. DH (instead of a professional) has been transferring our data from our PC to our iMac but he ran into trouble moving the iPod stuff...Oh well -- enough said -- I can feel my blood pressure rising just typing about it :p . Anyway, and thankfully, I had all of my Cardio Coach workouts on CD so I was able to restore them. And I'm glad I had a couple of other CD's or that music would've been lost, too ;(

AUGUST -- ROTFLMAO at your crockpot updates http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing021.gif

Ooh, that recipe looks good . I may have to try that one myself!

So...did you stir it or what -- LMAO!!!

And what's with Japan and broth? You can't find canned broth? How bizarre is that!? Canned broth is so common here. http://www.austingrocer.com/graphics/grocery_images/canned_broth_swanson_chk_low_sodium.jpg
You can even buy it in resealable cardboard cartons like this http://www.swansonbroth.com/images/product_orgchickbroth.jpg

Until you find some, it looks like you're going to have to bone up on your math -- BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh yeah, you'd have to try pretty hard to screw up a crock pot recipe;) . You just basically throw everything into the pot and turn it on!

ROTFLMAO at you moving it so it won't disturb Chami :7

JENNIFER -- UGH! More snow!? I hate to even tell you this, but it's a beautiful, sunny day here in southern Ohio. It's a bit nippy but nothing too severe. I hope you get your heat wave. Thank you for asking about my sister. All things considered, she's doing pretty well but, and understandably, she's still a little depressed.

ROBIN!! I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom to say hello. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing back at work. I've thought to email you several times but I haven't had the time to do it. You're leaving for vacation in a couple of days, are you not -- you lucky stiff. I'm so jealous ;) . My niece will be fine, but she is pretty down about her condition and I think her parents have about had it, too :p

Cuz -- if you're out there -- I'm LOVING my Classical Stretch DVD :) :* :* :* . I'm very intrigued by the crockpot recipes you posted -- yours and Shelley's. It looks like I'm going to have to pull my crockpot out of the pantry and put it to use again.

Hello Jen and Dana!!

Alrighty, I've got work to do and a couple of c...c...calls to make ;( . I'll BBL :*

Oh gawd, Michele. Computer crap is bad enough, but your iTunes? It all disappeared?! How on earth.....no, no, don't recap it. Just know I FEEL for you. That really, really sucks.

I don't know what it is with broth here. Actually, I was able to find Campbell's chicken broth...what I wasn't able to find was vegetable broth. I'm actually really not THAT particular about it - I mean, I eat meat-brothed (LOL) foods at restaurants and don't think about it..but somehow I didn't want to buy the chicken broth.

Which means I've got all sorts of math ahead for me. :eek: ;(

Well, I suppose it will be good exercise for Mr. Brain.

I've got all the squirrels at my place again tonight. Mom's boy Yoyo has been meowling his head off, but ONLY when he's at his own home. I've actually posted for help on a cat forum! I'm not sure what to do about it. I mean, I'm happy to have all the monsters here, but the original idea was to get kittens to keep my mom company!

:* Good luck with your phone calls!

Oh goody -- the line is busy :p

I don't think I can explain what happened to my iTunes, but it has something to do with accounts on 2 computers, one of which is a PC. ETA that when I plug my iPod into my iMac, I get a window in iTunes that says my iPod is formatted for a PC and cannot be updated.;(

You can get cans AND cartons of veggie broth here but it's pretty blah. If you want veggie broth I suggest you make your own -- it's easy and it tastes so much better than the canned stuff. All you have to do is simmer a whole bunch of veggies and mushrooms in water. I'm sure there are tons of recipes for it on the internet.

Awwwww -- Yoyo :* . He's probably happy at your place because you play with him. Do you think your mom plays with her kitties enough? Maybe she just doesn't feel up to it? I know sometimes my Johnny can be a real pain in the patooty :p . I mean, when he wants something he just won't bug off -- LMAO!! Maybe your mom is frustrated by that? I dnt' know, I'm just guessing ;)

I better try that call again. Have fun with your kitty slumber...er...purring party :p

Morning, Haters!

Oh my, I'm LMAO like crazy!

August - I'm sooo glad your first crockpot experience worked! Yay! You kept me in such suspense with all your updates, and then... success!!! :7

Cuz - my goodness, you need a break. Take some time off and just say to h*** with everyone else for a day. Relax. Please. Do another session of Classical Stretch. I'm glad you're loving it!

Robin - I'm sorry your knee is hurty. Baby it so you can enjoy your vacation.

CUZ!! Good morning! Yes, I AM loving my DVD, thank you very much :* :* :* . I'm going to follow your advice, too. I need a break -- no! no! -- I need a VACATION!! But I won't be getting one of those for a long while :-(

Robin -- I'm so sorry, somehow I missed that your knee is hurty. You're not going crazy for cardio, are you -- Hmmmm!? LMAO!! I was worried that once your Doc gave you the green light that you'd go insane with it -- LMAO!! You be careful, missy!:*

MICHELE - So wait, you mean your iTunes has everything in it? No wait, you said something wiped out your iTunes. You have everything in your PC? Could you just put all your music from your PC to your iTunes and then reformat your iPod? Am I making you irritated by continuing to talk about computers? all your music from your PC to your iTunes and then reformat your iPod? Am I making you irritated by continuing to talk about computers? :D

(ETA : LOL, somehow that last part got copied but I decided to leave it to enhance the irritating feeling of it LMAO.)

Onwards.

Oh yeah. I want to MAKE veggie broth. Are you kidding? NO! }(

Yeah, my mom likes to put away her toys, and there are sort of more "rules" at her place, whereas at my place it's "whatever you want is good with me run amok for all I care" and I've got toys out all over the place. Plus, when Yoyo's here, he can wrestle with Mooch which I think he really enjoys. I've suggested to my mom to keep toys out and play with him more and try to be a bit more vigorous in her playing, but she can't seem to get it in her head. x( She says she's playing with him with toys but he won't stop meowling his head off. I'm really not sure what to do about it.

SHANNON - I have SOOOO got to get lentils!!! And the rest of the ingredients for the pumpkin one! Woooo hoooooo! :7

All right guys, I think it's Bedtime for Bonzo.

See you tomorrow! Thanks again everyone for all the crock-support. :*

Good afternoon haters!

Michele, that is terrible about your neice. I can't remember if she is home yet or not? If she is at home, will she have to go back to the rehab place? Sorry about your loss of music - I'd kill my DH. That is if I even had an ipod or mp3 player or cell phone. I live in the dark ages. :p Sounds like you're feeling better today.

August - you're cracking me up with your play by play takes of the crockpot. Yeah, it was successful! Jen always gives goood food/recipe advice even though she claims she can't cook!

Robin - I was wondering if you were back at work. Sorry to hear that your knee is acting up. Take it easy. Is your DD's major in horticulture or landscaping? I heard on the radion this am how the landscaping majors at PCT are refurbishing the park(s) in Sunbury and that the student's plans look awesome.

Hi Jennifer, Jen, Shannon, and anyone I may have missed.

Now to my whining, I feel like DEATH. TTOM showed up on Tues and I thought that my horrible feelings were from that but I must be coming down with something. I can't breathe, have a headached, my body aches, I've got chills and I am so tired. I feel pretty much the same way I did when I had strep throat except that my throat doesn't hurt. So as soon as I get home and feed the family, I'm getting a hot shower and putting on my pj's. I don't understand why I keep getting sick this winter. It sucks!!!!

Last night I went grocery shopping & when I got home & was unpacking my bags, there was a box of fixadent denture cream in the bag. LOL There were 2 old men in front of me and I bet it belonged to one of them. WTH am I going to do with this???????

Dana, oh gosh, I hope you can get some REST tonight! You need it so you better make it happen -- that's the only way you're ever going to recuperate ;)

Yes, my niece went home with her parents last Saturday. The blood clot is scary and a bit of a setback, but it's not unexpected. She's been on blood thinners since her accident to prevent it so I'm sure they increased her dosage and they'll keep a close eye on it.

I wanted to kill my DH but I think he feels bad enough. The thing is, he tried to transfer the iPod stuff without reading the directions x(

August -- I don't know how to explain what happened to my iTunes library. I tried to get it back by hooking my iPod up to my PC but I got a window that said the file cannot be located ;( . The good news is that a lot of what was on my iPod was downloaded from CD's which I still have. I'm SOOOOOOOO freaking glad that I bought all the Cardio Coach workouts on CD!

I'm off to scrounge up some lunch and do my workout. I'll BBL if I can :*

Michele, I know, I've been meaning to email you too, but time etc. My knee was a tad sore yesterday, but I took a rest day and it is just stiff today. More prayers for your niece. She has a long, rough road.

August, thank you for the recipe. I will have to try it someday when DD isn't home for dinner. She wouldn't eat a bean if her life depended on it. Funny, but Frank is our yowler. He never talked much until we took a vacation. When we got home, he had suddenly turned into a talker. A night talker. A loud, night talker. A loud, when you are trying to sleep night talker. A loud, when you are trying to sleep night talker and stomper upon the bedder. In other words, a huge PIA. But he has a nice purr when he finally settles down, so we keep him around.

Dana, I'm not sure what Emily's major is officially called. I'll have to ask her about the parks in Sunbury. It may depend on what year the students are in and if it part of one of their classes. I haven't heard her mention this project though.

Shannon, I'm glad you get to stay home tomorrow. The best thing about my time off was watching the snow and ice fall and knowing I didn't have to fight my way to and from work.

Hello Haters.
This might show up on the Friday thread.

I got a bonus, sunshine, melted snow, and a great flight to NY in June. Thank GOD. Seville and Madrid have been great too.

Time to do KPC.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.