HATE : Mar 4

August

Cathlete
Hello!

It's 9pm and I'm resting!

I did errands for Mom alllllllllllllllllllll day, so I'm resting!

So that means I missed my workout for today. It was cardio so no big deal LOL.

Tomorrow I'll be working out. It's an upper body. LOL.

Sorry, I've no energy for smilies today. I hope you can FEEL the smilies shining through my words.

JENNIFER - Too bad your friend chose not to take in the kitty. I hope the kitty finds a good home.

Shoulder-length hair must be so nice and easy to care for. How short/long has it been before?

Urgh, you're sick? Feel better!!

DANA - You're having sunny 50s weather? Sheesh! You lucky!

>Michele, I think you need to keep that picture of the crockpot in your signature.

OMG, ROTFLMAO!

>I've been buying Greek yogurt

Oh yum, that sounds delish! Is that the kind of goopy yogurt? You know how I feel about my goop.

Your menu sounded absolutely wonderful. YUM!

>But, alas, all good things must come to an end b/c tonight we are having chicken and waffles. Yummo!!!!

LMAO! Chicken and waffles. Too funny.

MICHELE - Oh WOW, 10,000 posts!!!!!! That is really incredible! How many posts a day does one have to post to get to 10,000?! (rhetorical question here LOL)

Okay, what kind of cookie was it. Details, please.

>Did you get any work done -- DID YOU!? LMAO!

I did......yesterday.

>I looked through my crockpot cookbook and it doesn't have a single vegetarian recipe in it -- not a single one

Oh, thank you! You're sweet. I looked up a bunch online, but I'd rather make something that someone has actually eaten and liked LOL.

>Your crockpot manual should tell you how to convert regular recipes for the crockpot, too.

That would be, my manual SHOULD HAVE told me how to convert. They replaced the English manual plus recipe book for a Japanese short version.

>You should post a question about vegetarian crockpot recipes on the OD forum.

I did search threads for recipes, but maybe I should post to get a more specific answer. Yeah, maybe I'll do that!

I'm so glad to hear, by the way, that your niece did make it out of the hospital and home. And we're so thankful to have you back for US! Wheeee!

SHANNON -

>Bean soups are great too... just dump a bunch of other veggies, tomato sauce, seasonings, whatever strikes your mood... fill it up with water, and presto! SOUP.

Oh, you must have me mistaken for someone who knows how to cook, where throwing this and that into a pot makes sense LOL. If I were to do this, I fear I may break my lovely crock pot with a major boil-over or something else dreadful and horrifying.

>I have a bunch of recipes at home... just do a search - that's where I got mine.

I did search around and found some that "sounded" good....but I'd sure love start off with some "this one's a killer!" recipe. I think I'll post on the OD like Michele suggested. I hope someone tells me about a killer bean and barley soup! That sounds good. Never can go wrong on Mt. Barley!

>Anyhow, have fun with it. I love mine.

I'm looking forward to saying I love mine, too! At this point I'm scared of it LOL.

LMAO, I just noticed that Michele posted a photo of my Mother Crock. She's beautiful, isn't she? This is why I can't touch her.

>ETA: I simply cannot believe that I've posted so many times on a cardio hater's thread today. What is wrong with me????

LMAO!

All right. I'm off to do more...REST! :*

Good Morning Haters.

Thank GOD, we didn't get the snow. South of me near the IN boarder did though.

Some REALLY REALLY good news-I got Friday, March 21st off. Good Friday. Not sure what I will do that day. Screening calls from work will be on the list of to do's.

My hair used to be down to my waist a few years ago, then it stayed at 3/4 to 1/2 way down my back now it's back to shoulder length for a short period. It grows so fast.

Feeling better. Alot of people have that virus going around. Plus, I think it's the tail end of winter blues thing.

August-Any Mooch and Cham stories?

Good morning haters.

August - how was mom's dr appt yesterday? I hope all is well. So have you decided what you're gonna make first in the good old crock pot? I always make the same stuff: roast beef, chicken, oat meal, chili and vegetable soup. I do have a crock pot cook book but I rarely use it. I'd love a good barley or bean soup recipe too. So you missed your cardio workout. Big whoop!!!! HA! I agree, you can't miss your UB workout though!!! Have you ever used the DCH or DCL or DHL or whatever they are, skin care products???? I'm forever getting their catalog with samples but never ordered anything. Everything is made in Japan.

Michele - here is the website for the yogurt that I've beeen getting:
http://www.chobani.com I get it at Giant and it is $1.19 for a container. I've tried the vanilla and you probably wouldn't like it b/c it isn't very sweet. The blueberry, strawberry, and peach are all good, they have the fruit on the bottom. I mix it with 1 cup of mixed fruit and granola. I ran out of granola so I have a cup of Kashi cereal. It is probably a bit more healthy then the granola b/c it has 13 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber. Did you get a workout in last night?

Jennifer - Yeah for you!!!!! That is awesome that you got the day off and a Friday to boot so you'll have a nice, long weekend. Are you doing anything special for Easter? I'm glad you're feeling better!

Shannon - I didn't say hello to you yesterday so HELLO! :)

Last night's workout was LB from 4DS - I didn't do anything else but the LB weights and the stretch. I was going to do the abs but I can't do those - I think they were thrusts? Tonight I'm doing a Charlene Prickett 30-min step workout and abs (probably from SJP). My weight hasn't budged at all - so depressing!!!!! I don't understand how I can have such good cholesterol levels, excellent blood pressure, be able to weight train as heavy as I can, so-so for the cardio and still be OVERWEIGHT!!!! It is so frustrating. I think I'm going to wire my mouth shut!!!

I'll BBL, I've got to get some work done! I also have the mother of all headaches. YUK!

Good morning my friends in Hate!

Okay, this has to be short. I have to go vote...but first I have to figure out who/what I'm voting for :eek: . We stopped getting the paper and I don't have a CLUE about the local candidates and issues :eek: . I have to get online and start researching this stuff. I like to make voter cards to take to the polling joint. :p

Workout -- did I workout yesterday. Well, no :p. I was going to do all kinds of things yesterday and I only completed about half of them. Oh well -- I'm so far behind on stuff that it's bound to take me awhile to catch up. SOooooOOOooo, I'm definitely going to work out today, AND make my bean stew. I wanted to make it yesterday but I neglected to read the recipe ahead of time which called for brining the beans for 8 to 24 hours (I usually use the quick soak method which was sternly poopooed in this recipe :p ).

I ate a HUGE cookie yesterday -- pecan chocolate chunk }( :9

http://www.dlmmailorder.com/photos/412.jpg

AUGUST -- yes, we demand to know how your momma is doing. Is her neck okay -- is she having any symptoms? Errands -- UGH -- they're so exhausting!

That's okay -- you can make up your cardio tomorrow -- LMAO!

I'll get you a proper English manual for your crockpot. As a matter of fact, I'll bet you can download one off the Cuisinart website ;) . I hope Cuz will post a recipe for you. I don't have ANY tried and true vegetarian crockpot recipes. Honestly, I RARELY use my crockpot since I retired, and I've never used it for much of anything except tough cuts of meat. I drag it out once in awhile on holidays when we have to cook a big dinner and I use it to keep foods warm, like mashed potatoes.

JENNIFER -- Thank heavens you didn't get anymore snow!! It's raining here like crazy and I have a small lake in my yard ;( . It's supposed to get cold later and freeze ;( . I'm so glad to know you're feeling better :* . Your Good Friday plan for call screening sounds terrific -- exactly what I would do -- lol!

DANA -- hmmm -- I've never seen that particular brand of yogurt around here. The only Greek yogurt at my store is this http://www.fageusa.com/products.html . They have some with fruit but I'm not sure if it has any sugar in it. I've had to add sweetener to it and I've been using agave nectar. I'll have to try it with granola -- I've never had it like that.

Okey dokey -- I need to start looking up candidates and issues. I'll BBL if time permits.

Hello to Jen and Robin and Cuz, and anyone else out there lurking! :*

I haven't seen that brand of yogurt at my grocery store. I did by the Stoney Field Farm organic greek yogurt @Wal-Mart. It was plain but I added the granola & fruit so it wasn't bad at all.

Enjoy your time at the polls!!!!!

That cookie looks delish!!!!

Dana, so when you say you add granola and fruit, does this mean that you DON'T add sweetener? Like you buy PLAIN UNSWEETENED and you don't add sweetener? We can get Stoneyfield here but I don't think I've ever seen their Greek variety.

I have not been doing my research :eek: :p

Oh hey, did you see Augie's crockpot recipe thread in the OD? She hit the recipe jackpot! :7

Nope, I don't add any sweetener to it. I guess you have to aquire (did I spell that right) a taste for it.

Yes I saw that Aug hit the jackpot and I did not know that she (that's right, YOU Aug) didn't eat poultry. I knew about the meat but how could I not have known about the poultry thing???

It is pouring down rain here and the temp dropped. I didn't get to take a walk b/c it is raining too hard. x(

I could use a nap right about now. And a bowl of hot soup.

Are you back from the polls?

Am I back!? OMG I haven't left yet -- LMAO!! I just finished my research :p . Now I have to make a little cheat sheet to take with me because I'll forget everything by the time I get there. I hate not being in the know. I guess I need to do a better job of staying on top of the information, but the whole election thing is very very depressing to me this year :-( .

acquire is spelled with a "C" :p

I'm starving. I have some chicken breast cutlets in the fridge -- maybe I'll make a faux chicken parm sandwich :9 (no breading or frying -- just simmer it in a little sauce and melt cheese over it).

Then I'll go vote ;(

It's freezing cold here, too, and raining like mad...and windy! The wind is about to blow me house down!

Cuz, may I have one of those cookies? :9 Dang, I've been having a junk food attack all day long!

I hate not having enough time to keep in touch with all my Cathe friends.:-(

So, Michele, did you vote for OBama or Clinton?}(

Dana, I know what you mean. I've been active my whole life and am pretty healthy, but still heavier than any chart says I should be. Friends and family tell me I look fine, but I still see myself as fat. Maybe your self image is wrong?

Hi August. I hope your mom is OK. Any new birdie sightings?

I had to work Sat, Sun and Monday, but had today off. I spent it doing housework and packing for our upcoming vacation. I did 4DS Boot Camp, bis and tris.

Hello Haters.

Seville and Madrid were waiting for me to come home tonight. They were bird watching and saw me outside and came to the door to greet me. Man, my boys are perfect cats.:D

August-What's up with your Mom?

Dana-Getting older stinks!!

Michele-Southern OH? What part? My best friend in the whole world used to live in Deleware and now she's in WV, 4 hours east of Columbus. How's your sister and your niece? Oh, your brother too?

My parents s/b arriving at Mayo Clinic and testing begins on Wed..
My Dad has been feeling well so I hope/pray the results are clean.

BBL

Hi all, wanted to pop in and say hello... busy night. It's been snowing here all afternoon. Left work @ 4, had to pick Chad up & take him home, left his car to have some work done- he has another car but needed to get from point A to B. Came home & shoveled the deck & sidewalk. Chad had a friend of his come & do the driveway for me, wouldn't let me just do it myself, MEN!

Did a 45 minute cardio & then B&G floor work. Just finished eating some oatmeal and looking around on this website - http://w2.ideafit.com/conference/idea-world-fitness-convention-2007/category/group-exercise

Chad goes to this every year & is trying to convince me to go with him this year so wanted me to look at the classes available to see what I'd like. There are a few that've caught my eye... we'll see.

Well I am sweaty & cold sitting here in shorts & a sports bra...:eek:

Sorry for no personals... I should be around more Thurs-Sunday... Chad is leaving Thurs afternoon to go to his mom's house until Sunday to help her & his sister with some things & give a 2 hour talk to kids on Saturday. So that'll free up lots of time. ;-) I'll miss him though.

Later haters!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.