HATE : Mar 3

August

Cathlete
Gooood morning!

I'm back home! YAY! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0019.gif

Okay, now, before I go on, I must ask you all this question : why the heck did nobody forcefully encourage me to get my crock pot LAST year when I was eating chicken like it was the only thing I could buy at the market?! WHY NOT?! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/mad/mad0003.gif

If I sub meatless meat for chicken....how? http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/7.gif

I've got to figure out what recipe to break in Ms. Crock. And I've got to try out Dana's oatmeal one, too.

LOL at your posts. Haircuts, new kitties, sun, ma..marriage talk? I'm glad it was a good weekend.

Anyway, I've just finished Gym BSB and a really killer smoothy and now I'm headed straight for my work room to be productive, so don't you all be seducing me onto the boards all day today. http://bestsmileys.com/nono/6.gif

Okay, I've got to go set up my TV now. Oops, I mean, go to my work room.

I MEAN GO TO MY WORK ROOM!!

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/scared/scared0016.gif

Good Morning Haters.

It's Monday, I truly hate Mondays. It's raining now and will turn to snow later on. GOD only knows when I will make it home tonight plus I'm not feeling 100%.

My friend chose not to adopt a kitten for now. She was on the fence on a few things.

Yes, my hair is alot shorter now too. Shoulder length now.

No marriage talk from me.

If you use meatless meat for chicken, you could make even more in your crock pot. Don't remember what was happening a year ago. Well, my Dad was at Mayo. That's what.
My parents are headed on the northern route to MN from Northern LP MI to Mayo for my Dad's 9 month checkup. Please pray for safe travels and great results from all of his tests. Thanks.

Have a Great Day Everyone!

Auggie-enjoy your TV room today/

Hi haters!!!!

Aug - glad you are back. We missed you!!!

Jennifer - I hate Monday's too. I bet your hair looks good. I need a good haircut too!!!

How is everyone else today?

I've got a busy day in store today. Wanna finish up my filing and some odds and ends before I get any new projects to work on.

I can't wait to go out for a walk today. It is supposed to be in the mid-50's. Yahoo!!!!

OK, I'll try to BBL, but toodles for now!

Robin - are you back at work???x(

Good morning everybody, good morning!! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sun.gif

Don't you guys know ANYTHING about leap year customs? Sheesh! Do I have to tell you EVERYTHING, for crying out loud -- LMAO!!

AUGIE -- it's so great to have you back home again -- we missed you ;). Did you get any work done -- DID YOU!? LMAO!

I looked through my crockpot cookbook and it doesn't have a single vegetarian recipe in it -- not a single one :eek: . I would think that bean recipes would work well. I would use dried beans. Your crockpot manual should tell you how to convert regular recipes for the crockpot, too. You should post a question about vegetarian crockpot recipes on the OD forum. I'm sure you'll get a ton of replies.

JENNIFER -- I hope we don't get your weather. Right now it's a sunny 55 degrees in southern Ohio :D . Oh my, I hope you're feeling better soon! Maybe you should stay home from work today.

DANA -- Did you see my answer to your questions about Classical Stretch? Just in case you didn't let me summarize it for you:

LOVE it -- LOVE!! And yes, it's quite doable if you need an early morning workout. The TV series on DVD includes 26 episodes and each one is slightly under 30 minutes long. Check your local PBS listings to see if it's on in your area. It airs 3 days a week here at 7 AM. I think the season 4 TV series is a great investment -- it gives you a ton of variety and the workouts are short enough that you can easily tack them on to another workout or, like I said, you can easily squeeze one in in the morning.

Okay you guys, I need to hop to it. I didn't workout at all over the weekend and I have to do something today. Also, I have a bunch of stuff I need ot do at home here. I've got bills to pay and I have to start getting our tax stuff together. Grocery shopping is a must today, too. SOoooOOOoooOOOooo, I'll BBL if I can, but for now I must skedaddle.

Hello to Robin and Jen, and Diane, and anyone else I missed. :* :* :*

Howdy, Haters!

First, a great big HELLO and {{{HUG}}} to my Cuz! We seem to have fallen out of touch. Is your life back to normal?

August - you can do lots of great vegetarian stuff with a crock pot! As Michele said, beans work great. 4 cups of water to 1 cup of beans, if you just want plain beans. Set it on low and cook all day, or set it on high for about 3 hours. Bean soups are great too... just dump a bunch of other veggies, tomato sauce, seasonings, whatever strikes your mood... fill it up with water, and presto! SOUP.

I like to cook barley and barley soups too. Same water and basic directions as the beans. Ummm what else? I have a bunch of recipes at home... just do a search - that's where I got mine. Another Catheite made a pasta dish in hers - she said it burned the bottom layer... maybe it needed more sauce. I can't remember.

Anyhow, have fun with it. I love mine. :7

CUZ!!!!!

Yes, yes, my life is much less complicated now that my niece has been discharged form the rehab joint. She went home with her parents this past Saturday. She will continue to get therapy as an outpatient, and the doc thinks it will be a good 3 to 6 months before she fully recovers, IF she fully recovers. There's still some question about how much function she will regain in her arm. She still can't lift her arm ;( .

I spent so much time with my niece and SIL since her accident (she was in a facility near me) that I've fallen waaaaaay behind on things at home, and especially with my workouts, so I'll need a few days to play catch up, THEN I'll be back to normal.

How's your calf doing? You know, I really haven't been on the boards much -- just posting here and in a few random threads -- so I haven't had time to follow other check ins and I've fallen out of the loop in a big way ;( . I'm way behind on email, too, and I had about 30 to answer the other day :eek: . It was kind of overwhelming ;) . Despite my neglect, I want you to know that I think about you all the time :*

I'm sure August will appreciate any recipes you have. She just recently bought the mother of all crockpots :p http://www.cuisinart.com/share/img/full/395_full.jpg and she needs our help to christen it. :p

Michele, I think you need to keep that picture of the crockpot in your signature. Too funny. You're right, that is the mother of crockpots. I've never even seen one like that.

Thanks for the review of CS - there is some horrible exercise show on PBS at 5:30 in the morning. Horrible. I think it is like Sit and Be Fit. HORRIBLE!!!

OK, I'm going for a walk. Toodles!

Dana, did you have a nice walk. I'm trying to get my post count to 10,000, not that I'm NOT interested in your walk, BTW, but it gives me a wonderful excuse to bump it up to 9999 :7

YEAH MICHELE!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!! I don't have any fireworks to post but I am enjoying yours!!!!!

My walk was WONDERFUL! It is an absolutely gorgeous day out there. I didn't want to come back.

My lunch was also WONDERFUL! I've been buying Greek yogurt - it costs about double of what I normally pay but it has a lot of protein. So I had a container of yogurt, mixed with a cup of mixed strawberries/blueberries/kiwi and 1/4 cup of bare naked blueberry peak protein granola. I feel refreshed after eating that.

I've been eating healthy all day:
Breakfast was a banana, 1 pc flax seed toast w/natural pb; a.m. snack was 1oz smoked almonds and an apple and then that delish lunch. But, alas, all good things must come to an end b/c tonight we are having chicken and waffles. Yummo!!!!

Not sure what workout I'm doing tonight.

Aug - what is your workout for today? On the new March rotation.

What is everyone else doing????? I don't feel like working. Can ya tell???

Thank you, Dana -- thank you very much :7

It is confirmed -- I have a very BIG MOUTH -- LMAO!

Ooh your walk sounds lovely and so does your lunch. ops -- I'll BRB. I had bread in the toaster and it just popped :p

Thanks Cuz!! I almost missed your post in all the hubbub :7

I'm definitely going to buy myself a cookie when I go to the grocery store today. And it's OK because I've been eating clean all day and I'm making a Tuscan bean stew for dinner. It has a little bit of meat in it for flavor along with cannellini beans, savoy cabbage, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, canned tomatoes, broth, and herbs. It's a new recipe in my current issue of Cook's Illustrated and I can't wait to try it :9 . I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dana, tell me about your Greek yogurt. Is it Fage? I tried some last week and I didn't like it -- it was the plain with 0 fat. It wasn't bad once I added (quite a bit) of Agave nectar to sweeten it up and some fruit, but I didn't love it by any means. Exactly what kind do you buy? Is it sweetened or do you have to sweeten it? What all do you put iin it again?

Cuz, do you eat yogurt? What kind do you buy and how do you doctor it?

Hey Cuz - yep, I eat yogurt! But I sure don't get very adventurous. I buy my store's brand, plain, either low fat or no fat (depending on what's on the shelves), and then just add a few spoons of sugar to it. Sometimes I add fruit, sometimes not.

I've also made my own before. That was a lot of fun... but it takes forever, and going to the store is much, much more convenient. :7

Shannon, when you say you add a "few spoons of sugar" to it, are you talking about the big tubs or the little individual 4 or 5 oz containers? I mean, my agave nectar has about 60 cals in a TBS and I'm sure I added every bit that much to get the yogurt sweet enough to suit my tastes. I was worried that if I continue to buy this kind that I'll end up eating too many calories.;(

Well, it's about a cup, so that would equate to one of the little containers. I buy a quart at a time and get 4 servings out of it (4 cups = a quart, right??). It's cheaper that way. ;)

ETA: I simply cannot believe that I've posted so many times on a cardio hater's thread today. What is wrong with me???? :p ;) ;) :7

Hello Haters.
Yes, I made it home in record time even with the craters (pot holes).

Congrats, Michele, on your posts!!

Still not feeling well here. Sinus headache from the upcoming weather. It started out nice amd mild and not it's cold and rainy.

Great Pic of the Mother of All Crockpots.

Time for dinner and to chill for the night. No workouts for me.

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.