HATE : Mar 14

August

Cathlete
Hi! :D

I'm posting from work in between meetings LOL. Sorry, I won't have a chance to browse the smilies today.

I bought my dining chairs! They should be here within a week. Woo hoo!

Okay, my next meeting is going to start so I gotta run!

JENNIFER - That's great that work is so stress-free lately. Your free Friday is coming up, too, yay!

>If I'm going to waste breakfast with high calories instead of oatmeal and yogurt, it might as well be a Sausage McMuffin with Egg or the Egg Ciabata from Panera Bread (with fruit).

That's funny, I always say that to myself when I'm out of town on weekends, except that it's "It might as well be a donut and a cup of coffee. Well, all right, two donuts." LOL.

>Mooch and Cham don't like to share their Mommy with anyone else.

Yes, I hope it will stay that way. I hope Yoyo's meowing will stop. Or at least that Mom gets used to it and/or not reward him with treats (to get him to stop meolwing, urgh).

SHANNON - And we love to have you here! Woo hoo!

No pressure or anything.

>whatever happened to the glue?

It is stuck to the bowl that is inside my fridge and hasn't been touched since. I just hate to throw the whole thing out, and yet I also hate to have to eat it LOL. I was thinking maybe I'll put some glop into a whole wheat pita bread and make it a fake Sloppy Joe, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet.

Does that sound like a good idea?

Wait. How long has that glue been in my fridge now? LOL. How funny would it be to force myself to eat it and then get a terrible stomachache? LMAO.

>And you ARE planning to go back and do that cardio, aren't you?????

Yes, I will do it....when it pops up on my rotation next time (heheh) EXCEPT today because I have an early meeting. At noon. It's early for me. Really.

>Oh, and salt on watermelon isn't just a Japanese thing. It's practically mandatory down here in Arkansas and the southern U.S.

No way! I did not know that! What weirdo thought of starting that evilness?!

>I'm going home to do Low Max!!! Three cheers for CARDIO!!!!!!

LMAO! Rah. Rah.

MICHELE -

>5 grain hot cereal with wild blueberries, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and agave nectar

Oh. Yum. Why don't they sell that kind of thing here?

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better enough to do a workout!

Cardio or weights? Hmmm. THAT'S a verrrrry hard call. I'll have to think on that someweights.

>Oh, I'm sure they miss you, but I'm so happy that your mom feels able to take them back.

Thank you. I was, too. Keep your fingers crossed Yoyo can keep his meowls down to a minimum!

>Oh, and the salty caramel thing is big here, too.

No way! I did not know that! Wait, am I really living in Japan? LOL. If I'm lucky, maybe the American cupcake boom will reach here, too! Please! Please!

>Salt on watermelon!? BLECH! EEEEWWWWWWWW! YUK!

Oh, it is yucky. It's literally salty watermelon. How could that be good?

>Have you ordered your chairs.

I tried to order them yesterday but there was some Japanese stuff that came up that I'd never seen in all mah shopping days, so I decided to order today with my work partner so he can help me. Thank goodness for meetings, eh? Yes, these chairs have square legs, just like my table, so they should look pretty dang great!

>Have you considered using your crockpot as a centerpiece on your new table? It's just about the prettiest crockpot I've ever seen and I think it would be lovely on your table. You could put some flowers in it -- or lemons -- lemons would look nice and natural . No! No! I know! Put multicolored sweet potatoes in it

LMAOLMAO! Ooh hey, I could use it as a birdfeeder!

ROBIN -

>Did YoYo now howl for your mom? Maybe he just needed a couple days in a crowd to realize how heavenlike your mom's place is.

LOL, how cute that would be. "Geez, if I meowl, I'm gonna have to go to August's and SHARE, not to mention that dirty carpet at hers." He's been at his own home now for a day and a half and all is going swell. Keep your fingers crossed that it was just a phase!

>I have a friend who not only salts her watermelon, she also salts apples and canteloupe.

EWWW! EWWW!

Oh, you guys are all making me want to chop off my hair. It must feel so great in the wind not having hair stick to your lip gloss!

DANA - I can't imagine writing up a long post and having it disappear. I always (well, almost always) write my posts into an email and then when I'm done I copy paste it. At any rate, we're ALL bummed to miss you funny post. Dang internet!

>My post included exactly what Robin said, people around here not only salt their watermelon, but cantalope & apples too!! GROSS!!!!

Eww. What is with people and salting fruit?!

JEN - I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so awful. Bloat. Urgh. I'm glad you decided on rest and cozy clothing and you time. Puke, too? Oh gosh, I hope you didn't and I hope you are feeling better!!

Ack! Gotta go! Later! :*

Hello Haters.

August-it's great to see your post even at work inbetween meetings. You must have an exciting career.

Salting watermelon, a co-worker of mine does that too.

Went to bed too tired to workout, but now Seville, Madrid, and I are up now. Not planning a workout yet.

Jen-Feeling better?

One more week until my day off. My schedule for next week lightened up on Sunday too.
Tonight, I'm going to Target to see that Body Fusion Set created by Cathe and the Step Co. and then Boston Market to celebrate St. Patrick's Day early with some meatloaf. Maybe, I should fit in a workout before work today??

BBL.

Everyone is late arriving to our day of meetings today! :p

Hi, Jennifer!

Yes, I'm very lucky to be able to do the work that I do. I love it. I mean, heck, I spend most of my working hours in my pajamas, and then I come to work and nap on a couch! Who wouldn't love it? LOL.

Oops! The person is here!

Hello August.

Hope you had a great day at work at your meetings. And, you have a Great Weekend too.

It's getting close for me to get ready for work. One more week till my day off. The weather should hit low 50s here today and sunny.

Honestly, I would love to ask you alot more about your life. From reading your posts, it's obivious you're content and your life is full.

Check the Blog this weekend, they're supposed to update and have more pics of those fine men. :D

BBL.

Happy Friday, all you Haters -

Oh man am I glad Friday is finally here. I seriously considered playing hooky today. But I figured, all things considered, it just wouldn't be a smart thing to do.

August - throw that gloop down the toilet. Ugh. If it's been in the fridge that long, you obviously don't want it. And trust me - it's not getting any better with time. I speak from experience - LOL! So, are you going to post a pic of those nice new dining chairs?

Jennifer - oh, I envy you that vacation! Do you have any plans, or are you just going to chill?

Morning haters! I don’t know about you all but I am so glad that it is Friday. Not like I have any exciting plans going on for the weekend, but it is Friday nonetheless, and I can sleep in tomorrow! How about you guys, anything fun planned?

August – yeah, you’re getting chairs? Well how darn exciting is that???? Did you order the other thing – I believe you said a cupboard???? So I see that these Japanese sisters kept millions of yen in cardboards boxes, (it was on MSN this a.m., wanted to post the link but it is gone). Did they happen to share the wealth with you? Are you still putting oranges out for the birds? I heard the birds chirping this morning when I was taking the trash down. My birdfeeder is almost empty so I’m gonna have to refill it. I don’t think that many birds are aware of it b/c I filled it about 3 weeks ago and there is still seed in it. Go figure! PS>>I’m typing this in word and then I’ll copy and paste. I do not think that your glue goulash would make a tasty sloppy joe – that is just plain DISGUSTING. Take Shannon’s advice and flush it down the toilet.

Or, if you really want to have some fun, just fling it off your balcony and see how many targets you can hit. HA! Then I can read about you on MSN – they always start it out by making sure you know that it is in Japan. “Japanese tenant, known only as August, has been arrested for tossing what appears to be some type of glue made with barley & mushrooms, from her 5th floor balcony at innocent passerby’s. The glue has caused mass chaos in the city of Tokyo. It has been reported that once the glue gets into human hair, that it is virtually impossible to remove. Scientists have determined that birds are attracted the ingredients in this secret glue. The birds have been landing on the heads of the victims, and due to the stickiness of the glue, are unable to dislodge themselves from the humans. August was previously arrested for the golden bathtub heist. We consider her armed with glue and dangerous.

Hmm, perhaps I have had too much coffee this morning????

So anyway . . .

Jennifer – do you have anything scheduled for next Friday? I’m also off. I’ll be home with the kids so probably won’t do anything exciting. My DH got me the club step last Christmas. It came with Basic Step and I believe C&W? Basic Step would be a good one for your friend to start out with. He bought the step at Dick’s. I’ve never eaten at a Boston Market. We don’t have any in my area.

Michele – waz up???????

Jen – how are you feeling? I hope that you feel better soon. Nothing worse then being sick on the weekend.

Hi Shannon!!! Nice to see you here today!

Robin – is Robin still here or is she off in the tropics, sippin’ Pina Coladas? I prefer strawberry daiquiris but coladas will work.

Oh I forgot to mention how silly my Gabe is. Last night his homework was writing sentences, and one of the words was pretty. He ended up writing, My dog is pretty. So anyway, he usually comes down with me when I workout b/c he likes to jump on my rebounder. I think he has a little crush on Lorraine. He was making comments of how she always looks happy and look how strong she is. I said, well maybe you should've wrote, "Lorraine is pretty." He said that he should've because she sure is pretty. And he also insists that she is stronger then Cathe. Lorriane is the strongest of all and do not try to agrue with him. HA!!!

Good morning!!

Wow, I'm getting a slow start today. I just finished my breakfast -- the same as yesterday (5 grain hot cereal), but I added a hardboiled egg.

[font size=-3]I didn't do my workout yesterday[/font]:eek: ;( . I...I promise I'll do one today ;) . Oh wait, yes I did! I did a segment from Classical Stretch, and it was hard, too! Sheesh, how could I have forgotten about that!? I did it at midnight :p :7

Thursday has become date night for DH and me. It's the only week night that DH gets home at a reasonable hour and we headed straight for our favorite restaurant. I had a chicken dish with buttermilk mashed potatoes and roasted veggies, and then DH and I split a dessert -- black bottom pudding }( :9

I'm going to make Shelley's recipe for Lentil Sloppy Joes today, but I'm not going to use my crockpot -- I'm going to simmer it on the stove top. It looks like too much work to use the crockpot -- I mean, you have to cook the lentils (thats 1 pot), brown the celery and onion (that's 2 pots), and then dump it in the crockpot (that's 3 pots). Three pots exceeds my limit for hassle free cooking :p . I suppose I could use canned or jarred cooked lentils but I prefer to buy them dried and cook them myself. With the exception of tomatoes and stock/broth, I rarely buy canned food. I can't wait to try this recipe -- it sounds delish!

AUGUST - I'm so excited about your chairs!! OMG, for the first time in your home you'll be able to sit and eat at the table like the rest of us -- LMAO!

OMG THROW THAT GLUE AWAY NOW!!! Don't you dare eat that stuff -- it's probably all moldy and rotten buy now ;) :eek: ROTFLMAO!!!

Oh! Oh! I love Dana's idea. Yeah, just fling it off your balcony! Bwahahahahaha!!

JENNIFER -- When is Easter anyway? It seems like it's coming really early this year. My goodness gracious, I totally forgot about it!

Oh hey, be sure to check Dick's if you don't find what you want at Target. I know I've seen Cathe packages at Dick's!

Meatloaf for St. Patrick's Day!? I think you're supposed to eat corned beef and cabbage. My grocery store actually prepares boxed St. Patty's Day dinners that you can order and they're really good. I guess I better get my order in!

CUZ -- Maybe you can leave work early today and get a jump on your weekend. Do you have anything special planned? I don't -- except that I wanted to go to a special exhibit at a museum tomorrow. It's an exhibition of botanical prints done by a local artist and this will be the last day to see it. I remember putting it on the calendar and showing it to DH, and guess what!? I just got a call confirming his appointment for a haircut tomorrow afternoon - right smack dab in the middle of the day. That means we won't have time to hit the museum. It's about an hour from here and there wouldn't be enough time to see it before OR after that %&(* appointment x(

I agree with you about the goop in August's fridge. August -- FLUSH IT DOWN THE JOHN!!!:p

DANA -- OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm ROTFLMAO so hard I about peed my pants!! This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on the forums!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing021.gif

JEN -- {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Are you feeling any better today? Do you think you have a virus of some sort? I 'm so sorry you had such a terrible night, but it can only get better form here, right?

I better run here. I REALLY need to do that workout today. I'll BBL :*

Evening haters. No workout for me tonight. DH is in the garage and I can't leave my wild children unattended. I did walk at lunch so at least I got something in.

Michele - did you find time to workout? That is great that you and you DH have a date night every Thursday. The last time that my DH and I went to dinner alone was in October for our anniversary.

Did you make the lentil sloppy joe's? I printed it out so I'm hoping to try it soon. Let me know how your version turns out. 3 pots is too darn many.

Easter is next Sunday. This Sunday is Palm Sunday. I talked to my mom last night and she informed me that I"m cooking Easter dinner. Great! I was really hoping she was gonna offer to do it. I never should've opened my mouth that I had a voucher for a free ham. Do you guys get those? When you spend x amount of $$ at the grocery store you get a voucher for a free Easter Ham. Now I"ve got to plan the menu.

August - did you get rid of the glue????? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jennifer - you around tonight?

Jen - haven't heard from you all day, are you feeling any better?

Listen to what my dog just did. First off, let me remind you that my neighbors hate us. When he had our lab, they called the dog catcher b/c he would go in their yard. So, keeping that in mind. Gabe was riding his bike in the yard, I went out to get something and Ralphie followed me, saw Gabe and started chasing him. He got to the fence that seperates our yards and proceeded to walk around the fence into the neighbors yard. My luck, the guy was in his yard. Then Ralphie squats down and starts doing #2. I abruptly stopped him but he ran through their yard. The neighbor's yard is fenced so there was no way out. I finally picked up the big porker and carried him back to my yard. All the while the neighbor just stares at me, not saying a word. Probably thinking to himself, aha, now I can call the dog catcher AGAIN. I made Gabe go over and clean up the poop. He was not too happy about that.

Well, nothing too exiting to chat about. Hope you all have a fun and exciting Friday night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.