HATE - Jan 22

August

Cathlete
I'm back in town! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/greet025.gif

I've been doing pretty good on my rotation and have only missed 3 workouts from the beginning of the year,..mostly to my out-of-town stuff. But I'm lugging a bag around when I'm taking trains, so that's sort of kind of cardio.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sport040.gif

And I know you guys have heard me talking a bunch about S&H and are wondering, "Hmm, August doesn't seem to be doing any cardio at all..."

Not so!

Today I did Dance Fiesta! This could also be called "How to Look Foolish!" I may have referred to it in the past as "How to Dance Like Martin Short!" and I'm sure you get the idea. But I did it, and I had my smoothie and now I'm ready to do some work!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/whacky113.gif

I had a bit of a hectic return and now I'm behind in my work, so please excuse me for not doing personals. I'll have to catch up after I'm caught up. LOL.

Oh, the new arts and crafts activity at Chateau August is "How to Make String out of Carpet." Both Mooch and Cham have gotten very good at it and it's making for some havoc. I had to put my heavy barbell plate over one area since wood and nails are now exposed LMAO.

All right. Off to my work room!

Have a great day!

Hello Haters.

Good to see you back here, August.

A prayer request. My Dad went into the hospital on Sunday for pneumonia and now they're doing a BMT biospy on my Dad to see if the cancer has come back. He's at a small northern MI hospital. The issue was is that he's been back in the hospital twice since they've been back from his 90 day check up.

On top of that, massive snow has hit my area again. At least 6 inches overnight and it's still coming down hard. It will be a long drive into work today. Every school and event has already cancelled for today.

To be honest, I need a break and so does my Dad. Although, I'm content on my own, a great date with a glass of wine would be so good right now.

Time to try to make it to work on time today, yesterday I was late.

BBL.

Good morning haters. Another day of work just like yesterday. Everyone is still on strike and my co-worker has not shown up again today. Typical of her though.

Let's see:

First off, WTH is Michele??? I hope everything is ok.

Arista: I was picturing your snow storm as I was reading your story. Thank God you were bundled and how brave of you for driving in the snow like that. I guess you don't mind driving in the snow. I hate it!!!!!!! That sounds like a MAJOR workout and no wonder you were tired out. Hey, you said early to bed late to rise until kids. Take advantage of that now b/c if you decide to have kids, sleeping in will probably be gone. At least it is for me!

August: I can't believe your little angels are shredding your carpet. I don't believe you!! :p There is no way that I could do a dance workout, I would feel like a complete fool. So more power to ya for doing it.

Jennifer: Please be safe getting to work today. How far of a drive is it from your house to your work? You sure get a lot of snow. Remind me never to move to MI. LOL. I will definitely keep your dad in my prayers. When will you know the results?

Diane: were you able to do your workout yesterday? How is Miss Ella doing?

I worked out last night. I did a 30-minute interval workout on the elliptical, followed by abs from MIS and then #3 from Stretch Max. It was great, except that Gannon & Ralphie thought that they needed to join me for StretchMax - definitely no fun having a dog hover over you and lick your face and have a 2-year old bouncing on your chest. But I got it all done, with the distractions.

I e-mailed a dog breeder inquiring about Boston Terrier pups. She has 2 males, one was born in Sept and one was born in Oct. I really want to get Ralphie a buddy but I think that my DH will object.

OK, I'll BBL b/c today is going to be another BORING day!!!

Hi! Good morning!

How the heck are you guys!? I haven't had a chance to read any threads from over the weekend yet, and I feel soooooooo out of the loop.

I still have a bad cold. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sick010.gif DH and I both felt exhausted on Saturday and spent most of the day in bed. We got up late in the afternoon, watched a couple of movies, and then went out for a late dinner.

I dragged myself out of bed Sunday morning to go to the antique show. I really didn't feel up to going but I've never missed it and -- I mean -- it won't be back again until October :eek: . It's a good thing I went (or maybe not ;)) because I found something I loved and I bought it :D . I got a pair of dangly earrings and a brooch/pendant. The earrings are set with chrysoberyl (looks like citrine) gemstones surrounded by seed pearls, c. 1820. The brooch/pendant is 14K gold with a teeny tiny diamond in the center surrounded by seed pearls, c. 1890. I love Love LOVE antique jewelry. I always look at it but this is the first time I ever bought it. I don't wear a lot of jewelry but these pieces spoke to me :D

Oh crap -- I'll BRB. I just got an email that needs my immediate attention. I'll do personals in a sec. :*

{{{{{{CUZ}}}}}}!!!!!! Aren't you ever going to get over that nasty, icky cold? Poor you! Though I guess it's a mighty good excuse not to do cardio... ;) :p I hope you have enough energy to make more of your yummy soup, because I know it'll make you feel better. Hang in there.

I'm a workin' machine!

I'm catching up like a good girl and it's still Tuesday. Good! That means I can come play here for a sec.

JENNIFER - I'm sorry to hear about your dad being back in the hospital. Urgh. How frustrating and worrisome and....urgh. I hope he'll feel better and that the biopsy will come up clear.

Are you not able to visit with your friend Mr. Red Wine this evening?

DANA - Hey there. Good for you for your workouts.

>definitely no fun having a dog hover over you and lick your face and have a 2-year old bouncing on your chest. But I got it all done, with the distractions.

LMAO!! Cham definitely doesn't like me working out. She'll do everything to stand wherever my foot needs to be, and she'll chatter on and on inquiring as to why I don't have her favorite teaser in hand.

Ikes, a strike?! Are you like one of the only ones there?

>I really want to get Ralphie a buddy but I think that my DH will object.

Oh gawd, now how cute would that be! I hope you can!!

MICHELE - Man, that cold has really got you! I'm glad you made it to the antique show in spite of it. The jewelry you bought sounds beautiful.

SHANNON - Um, hi! LOL.

Okay. Back to my work I go!

Yea! Yea! Yea! Cuz was here!!! Hey Shannon!

August, Cuz is, well, possibly my actual cousin!! No joke! We discovered quite by accident that we might be related in real life, that's why we call each other "Cuz" :D . She has relatives in Ohio who share a family name with some of my relatives. It's such a small world!!

Where did I leave off...Oh crap! the freaking phone -- I'll BRB ;)

LOL - Hi, August and everyone...

Michele tells the truth! Pretty cool, huh? Sometimes I just can't resist stopping by to see how my poor cardio-hating Cuz is doing. I'm the complete opposite... so maybe we're not related after all. :p You all have a really fun check-in!

Well for crying out loud -- posting will have to wait *SIGH*. Every time I try to post personals something crops up that needs my attention. I'll BBL this afternoon -- hopefully all pressing issues will be dealt with by then. :*

Yeah Michele you're back. What, we're not important enough???? You stop in to say hi and then ditch us??? The nerve of you!!! :p

Aug - there are 6 of us here and then the administrators. My co-worker is off again and someone walked in this a.m. and made a sarcastic comment, "What is she on strike again today???" HA!!!!!! The lady e-mailed me back about the dog. I doubt my DH will buy "Elvis" for me. That is his name, Elvis. How cute is that?

This day is dragging on and on and on. . .

So what do you all want to talk about???? I had a salad for lunch w/ff dressing and a 4-point WW meal. It was turkey medallions w/mushrooms, green beans & red peppers. Not too bad for a frozen entree.

Whatcha all have on tap for work outs? Since I did cardio yesterday, it will probably be some sort of weights tonight. Not sure what though.

Hi Shannon!!!:)

Hi haters.

{{{Jennifer}}} Prayers and hugs for you and your dad. You're right. You both need a break. Why doncha fly down to Florida and take a week on the beach. I'll meet you there with a big bottle of wine.

Dana, how old is Elvis? Aren't your boys enough company for Ralphie? We have good friends whose son has a shitz-zu (how the heck to spell that without writing a nasty word?) "Milo" has gotten a bit snippy and since they have 4 small kids and lots of neighbor kids, they decided they need to find another home for Milo. Everyone is trying to pawn him off on us. I'm almost ready to say yes. Thank goodness DH is made of stronger stuff than I.

Michele, I'm sorry to hear you and your DH have the crap that is going around. I feel fortunate that I only had it a week and not nearly as bad as everyone else. You take good care of yourself. Now you have a great excuse to not do cardio.

August, LOL at your cats crafty skills. My cats excell at self-expression through the artistic placement of body excretions. In other words, they pee where ever there is a flat surface. It doesn't matter if the flat surface is horizontal or vertical. Hmmmm, maybe a small, hyper dog would be good to put them in their place.

Diane, I bet Ella is getting big. You need to post some recent pictures.

Arista, whew, what a workout you had.

For whoever asked, (Dana?) my surgery is next Tuesday. I just got a call from my doctor's office. They said my pre-admission EKG was abnormal, so I have to have it repeated this afternoon before I'm cleared for the surgery. Cross your fingers. All I need is heart trouble. I'll let you know when I know anything. If I get that done quickly, I'm going to try to do a CC on the stationary bike. I have to make it a quick workout, since I have a church meeting this evening. See you later haters.

Hiya Robin. Wow, your EKG was abnormal? Hopefully it was just a misreading or something. I"ll keep you in my prayers.

This dog "Elvis" is 13-weeks old. You know, you sound just like my DH about the kids are enough for Ralphie. LOL But you should see how he loves to play with other dogs. Gabe really, really wants a cat but DH has told him no numerous times. Both of my boys love animals, like I do. Maybe we'll just get fish. LOL

A couple that is friends with us has 2 shitz-zu's (sorry for the odd spelling, is that even right?) and the one is very mean and even bit Gabe in the face. He didn't even do anything to it.

How do you like the stationary bike?

August - woo hoo, good job on your rotation. There are several areas of our carpet that were torn up before the kitten got declawed. We will have to get that repaired before we sell this house! We just ignore it for now, it is amazing what you can get used to.

Jennifer - I will keep your Dad in my prayers. Be careful driving in all that snow.

Michele - So sorry you are feeling sick. The jewelry sounds beautiful, glad you were able to go. LOL that you are Shannon are cousins!

Dana - Good job with the workouts. Stinks that everyone is on strike.

Robin - I hope your EKG reading was a fluke. Keep us updated.

I did about 15 minutes of my workout yesterday morning before I realized that I had to start making dinner (crockpot meal). Then I realized I had some other things I needed to do and I never finished the workout. Today I am supposed to do an interval run, but that isn't happening with a baby so I was planning doing Low Max. However, haven't had a chance yet. I really wish Ella would take some long naps so I could get something done!

Ella is getting so big. I weighed her today and she was 14 lbs 6 oz. That is around the 80% percentile I think. And she is doing so much cute stuff now - her new thing is blowing raspberries at you. She likes making the bubbles with her spit :) Tomorrow I am hosting a playgroup at my house so I doubt I will have time to workout. Then Friday I am going to a playgroup with some friends from online that have babies the same age. We are meeting IRL for the first time, should be fun.

This day is turning out to be really sucky! ;(

My brother, the one who is mentally ill, is having BIG problems right now :-( . He may be going into the hospital. It's where he needs to be, but gosh, I have a feeling this is going to be a very long and winding road :-( . Prayers please, and thank you.

August - ^^^ 5's on your rotation!! I'm so proud of you -- and jealous. I've fallen waaaaay off the rotation bandwagon and I need to hop back on QUICK! :eek: ;(

Today I did Dance Fiesta!

ROTFLMAO!! WTH is THAT!?

This could also be called "How to Look Foolish!" I may have referred to it in the past as "How to Dance Like Martin Short!" and I'm sure you get the idea.

OMG! ROTFLMAO!!!

:eek: ...uh oh. Like Diane, I had to have my boys declawed. They destroyed my curtains which cost about $2000 to replace. They also scratched my woodwork and punctured the leather on my sofa and chair. And Franky, God rest his sweet soul, scratched my eye on the diagonal from one side to the other and it took about 6 months to heal. It was an accident that occurred in the course of play but that was the last straw. I made an appointment for a declaw the following day. They tolerated the procedure very well. The kitties got to keep their home, I got to keep the kitties and everybody was happy! :) Good luck with this, Augie :*

{{{{Jennifer}}}} - Oh my, not again! I'm so sorry to hear your dad is having trouble again and I'll remember him in my prayers. Please keep us up to date on how he is doing.

To be honest, I need a break and so does my Dad. Although, I'm content on my own, a great date with a glass of wine would be so good right now.

Agreed!! Here here! I'll pray for this, too.

Dana - How does that co-worker of yours manage to keep her job!? She sounds like an absolute nightmare of an employee!

^^^5's on your workout, too!! I need to get back in the groove something fierce. Oh yeah, my wiener dogs used to like to lay on my chest and lick my face whenever I tried to do floor work -- lol!!

You're thinking about getting another doggie!? And his name is Elvis!? :+ Well, doggies ARE pack animals and I'm sure Ralphie would love to have a baby brother -- LMAO!

And you don't even want to know what I had for lunch. It was truly gross -- high fat, high calorie -- you name something bad and it was probably in there :eek: :p

Cuz! Oh yeah, we're related. I can feel it in my blood! We're both passionate, my passions are just different :p

Robin - I just hate having things like surgery hanging over my head. It'll be so great to get it done and have it out of the way! I'm a little concerned about your EKG though, but I feel fairly certain that it's probably not a big deal -- I mean -- look at you! You can do some pretty advanced cardio! Be sure to keep us in the know!

Diane - I cannot believe how much better and clearer the pictures of Ella look on my iMac computer. It's really amazing! I can sense your frustration over not being able to complete a workout but hang in there -- you will before too long! She sounds so adorable. Could you put up a little video of her doing all this cute stuff?

Oh wow! You're meeting online friends for the first time? Are they people you met on Cathe's site or from somewhere else? You'll have to let us know how that goes. I've always wanted to have a Hater's GTG! Wouldn't that be a blast?

Hello Arista, Jen, and Terri, and anyone else who might be lurking.

Okily dokily, I better sign off for now. It took me forever to type this up. At least I'm not in fear of my computer shutting down before I post it -- LMAO!

I tried to do Low Max this evening but didn't even get through the second blast before Ella woke up. I turned on her mobile and was able to get almost through the 3rd blast. I just can never get more than 30 minutes max of a workout done!

Michele - Yes, I have video of her doing cute stuff, but I don't have the right cord to connect my camcorder to the Mac so I have to buy that first. I got some cute video today of her blowing bubbles and playing with her rattle. The friends online are from an online pregnancy group when I was pregnant. A few of the girls live in Houston so we are meeting up. Our kids were all born within a week of each other. So should be fun.

Thank you for your prayers everyone. Florida does sound REALLY good right now. Just got home from work and time to shovel. More snow later on this week too. It never ends.
My Dad's biospy went well and should know the results by Friday.
My work is approx 18 min on a good commute on the interstate. Today, it was 45 minutes weaving around the back roads to avoid the interstate.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.