HATE - Jan 21

August

Cathlete
Goooood morning!

It's a chilly but beautiful Sunday here in Tokyo. Try as I may, it's nearing that lovely TOM and I'm feeling slothy and just can't bring myself to do Muscle Max. But I am going to have my spinach smoothie and then turn on the heater in my workroom and...work.

Oh, and have a sweet potato. I can manage that today I think.

Robin - Hope you got some major DOMS from Shop Drill.

Michele - Hope you got some major DOMS from Antique Max. And how cute that your DH called you twice during the time it took you to write a post!

Wait a minute...

> was priced at $10,500 . I would've bought it in a heartbeat if it were...oh...$50 --LMAO!

OMG that price!!! LMAO!!

Jen - Welcome! Welcome!! What?! Are you saying that you enjoy leg day?! Well, we can overlook that here in Cardiohatesville. That's fantastic that you can tell a difference in the three years since quitting smoking. I'll bet that after three years your lungs are all pretty and pink again! Anyway, yes, we do hate our cardio but faithfully do it (at least SOME of us faithfully do it :7 ). Like Michele wrote, I used to hate cardio with a passion until I found Christi Taylor last year. I mean really, I HATED cardio like nothing in the world, so this is a miracle for me (I like to sing this miracle loudly at every opportunity LOL). You should check out one of her workouts...maybe Cardio Collectibles! And you must continue to report back here!! }(

All right. I must do more sloth activities now. And my microwave is telling me my sweet P is ready. :9

From the time I posted that until now, I finished two sweet potatoes.

They're small. :)

I might lie about my cardio from time to time, but I don't lie about my slothness. :*

From the time I posted that until now, I kicked over my big mug of brown tea onto my cream carpet and got cardio out of frantically trying to get the stain out. :*

Morning August. I'd rather clean up your tea than what my lazy cat left me on my carpet. He is so fat, he hates to go through the cat door to use his litter pan in the basement and has taken to dumping in my DH's office. G-r-r-r-r.

Michele, have fun at the antique show part duex. (Is that spelled right?) The idea of you touching things cracks me up. It's like Lee and Leslie, the twins on the Antique Roadshow. Have you ever seen how excited they get while they fondle an especially nice piece of furniture?

Today the rotation calls for Boot Camp. That workout always frys me. And no August, no DOMS from ShopMax. I'm a big weeney of a shopper.

Hi everyone- sorry I havn't been posting a lot-but I can today-its Sunday!!Lately, everytime I've been on the comp. I've been using it to search for jobs-I wish I hadn't wasted 6 hours on it reading all the ads about working from home, etc. --I've also been in kind of a funk-last week I had such a hard time "wanting" to work out-I think 3 months of Gym Styles and I'm losing the zest for them-even though I'm afraid to not do them anymore cuz I think they have given me def. in my upper body--Today I think that I will do the B & G Leg Blast premix and then start using the -wait -are you ready for this???-----Cross Train Express!!! whewweeeee!! thats a lot of cardio with those-right??? lets say it all together now--I LOVE CARDIO--LOL- yes I think I will try CTX doe a few weeks and then possibly start P90X Feb.1-I will try to catch up with everyones posts from the last few days (homework)--have a great day--deb

Hello there & thanks for the welcome... well I wouldn't really say I enjoy legs but compared to cardio, I'd take legs anyday! I tend to gain muscle easy so when working lower body I go for higher reps & lighter weights so it seems easier I think. I am very challenged when it comes to complex choreography so the one w/o of Christi Taylor I have I gave up on trying to learn-totally hot cardio. I do enjoy the ab segment from it though. I have to stick to basic/moderate choreography.

Today I have actually accomplished a lot! When I woke up there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground so I got dressed & went outside and shoveled the driveway, back deck, and front sidewalk and porch. That took about an hour, then went to the grocery store, then back home & get finished doing Cardio/Leg Premix from Drill Max! I love that premix, seems harder to me b/c it takes out the upper body parts, which are the easiest for me & when I'm able to catch my breath and heartrate comes down.

I plan on being a bum for the majority of what is left of today! I am actually trying to bring back peace in my home.... what has been a one cat household for about 2 1/2 years turned into a two cat household Friday night!!! Storm, my cat, is doing better than I expected her to. The new guy, who is 7 months old, is hissing at growling at her and isn't quite sure about his new home. I have mirror closet doors in all the bedrooms & he hates them, he is hissing & growling at himself! It's too cute. I've been trying to come up with an "s" name for him... been considering sport, spike, simba, or spaz... and with him hissing at himself spaz may fit the bill.

I am also trying new crock pot meal today- since it's just me here I cut the ingredients in half but it sounds really good, below is what i used, so half of what it actually called for.
1 lb. b/s chicken breats cut in cubes
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup salsa
1 can 98% fat free brocolli/cheese soup (it actually called for cheddar cheese soup but since I couldn't find that in the reduced fat i used broc/cheese instead.
3/4 cup brown rice
Mix in crock pot and cook on low 7-8 hours. It suggests serving it in wraps, looks very good. I'll let you know how it is, planning on having that for dinner.

Sorry to butt in on your thread & then be super chatty, usually not this chatty, promise!!! :)

Jen, if you haven't noticed, chatty is our middle name!

That crock pot thing sounds good. I may have to try it.

I misread my rotation for today. It's not Boot Camp, but MIC. I don't have that, so plan on RS instead. Right now, I'm officially postponing it.

Deb, CTX has SOME cardio, but not what I would call A LOT of cardio. Good luck with it.

OK, time to put the laundry in the dryer and go step.

The crock pot food smells good, I can't wait to try it for dinner tonight, yum.

So how was RS?

I think I am going to attempt this rotation this week...

Mon-KPC
Tues-off, have dinner plans with mom & sister
Wed-Powerstrike 1 w/ 30 minute Bun Shaper from beach body
Thurs-B&G Leg Blast Premix w/ floor work added on
Friday-Either Powerstrike 2 or Cindy's Ultimat Fat Burner
Saturday- Drill Max Cardio/Leg Premix with abs from KPC & maybe non-step work from Leg & Glutes or Leaner Legs
Sunday- Think I'll see if I can figure out BM2

The cats have officially challenged each other now, the kitten is a little pistol, he isn't scared at all of Storm. It's only been 2 days though so it's going better than I expected. :)

Hi guys,

I've got to run an errand so I'm out the door without a workout under my belt.

Robin - I would take your lazy cat any day! But then again, I would take any cat any day. When I was little, one of our older, chubbier cats started to get lazy but she was a big ol' neat freak, so she would kindly choose places to leave her thang - like the inside of a shoe, or in one of my Mom's shorter vases. Talented cat. Your cat, too - at least she's chosen a "spot."

Deb - LOL, I can see how 3 months of Gym could make for a little Urgh Style. Do you have Slow & Heavy? Oh hey, and good luck on the job search!

Jen - I can see if you start off on the wrong Christi that it would then taint the rest of it. I am NO dancer whatsoever. I happened to find a Christi that really sat well with me and it spurred me on. Not to force it down your throat or anything :* LOL. I'm so jealous you have a new kitten! Your rotation reminds me of what I was doing pre-Christi. I was such a kickboxing nut. Ahhh, back in the day before I burnt myself out on it LMAO. Not to force Christi down your throat or anything :* .

Yipe. I gotta get.

Have a good one!

Hi Ladies -

I went on a 45 min walk today with DH. I have not been feeling up to working out hard lately.

August - I get the yoga dvds in the mail tomorrow, so I haven't tried them yet. I will let you know what I think. I order Beginners and Beyond and Fat Free Yoga.

DH and I went to a vegan restaurant we found on SAturday and it was sooo yummy. I had vegan BLT sandwich on Ezekiel bread with creamy lentil soup. The "bacon" was made of tempeh, and it was soo yummy I couldn't believe it was health food. I can't wait to go back to that place.

ETA: Hi Jen, I don't think I have "met" you yet. Glad you joined the group.

Hey August, I am always up for suggestions on new workouts. I like to have a huge variety to choose from otherwise I get too bored doing the same ones over & over. So, what Christi Taylor ones would you recommend for me? Remember, I'm choreographed challenged-I haven't even done BM2 yet cause of this and I'm horrible about taking the time to learn new workouts, when I put a workout in the dvd player I want to give it 100%, not learn a routine. I know BM2 will be worth it though so I have promised myself I will take the time on it.

I also bought Cardio Fusion & previewed it... holy cr*p! That is for sure going to kill me... have any of you cardio haters done that one yet?

Hey Diane, nice to meet you! Yep, I just butted into this check-in today! The new kitty is so cute but he is a trouble maker. Storm is actually just wanting to ignore him and go on with her business but he is chasing her all over the house hissing & growling at her. Storm isn't the nicest cat in the world so I'm surprised she is being a good big sister & not tearing into him! I take it you like cats too? I love them, had one for 10 years-she was my baby, got her when I was 15 or 16 & she died almost 3 years in the middle of the night in bed with me. I still miss her.

Ugh, back to the daily grind tomorrow, not looking forward to that!:(

Diane - I just checked out your pictures - Sadie's marking look exactly like my cat Storm. I love her marking. Your kittens are adorable! I am also really sorry about Lucy, that had to be really hard to do.

Robin-seriously- its not a cardio workout? seriously-why did I think that?- well what is ti then??weights? hi/lo impact? I guess I'll just do it-now I'm kinda disappointed but it's better that I know now rather than when I'm doing it--oh well-thanks--deb (LOL- I'm re-reading my post and I sound like a kid in a candy store who has no money)

Hi Jen -

I love kittens! Our kittens were littermates so they get along pretty well, but I have a feeling they would be really pissed if we tried to bring another animal in the house. It was so hard to have to put Lucy to sleep. We knew that we had to because she was in pain, but it was so hard to let her go. She was our first pet together. But now I can't imagine life without our new girls, it is so much fun to have two.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.