HATE - Jan 11

August

Cathlete
MORNING! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/gen060.gif

Today is 1/11. That's good luck, isn't it?

Warning : August is in a bit of a pondering mood this morning. Things might get deep. It is advised that you wear rubber boots when trudging through this post.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/gen143.gif

I had an interesting business meeting last night about this year and things to happen, and I was asked the simplest of questions concerning work that, to my surprise, I was totally unable to answer.

The question was : [font color=skyblue size=+1]What do you want?[/font]

What do I want?

Isn't it funny how easy it is to make a list of things you DON'T want?

What do I WANT?

I spent the rest of the dinner meeting thinking about what on earth I WANT.

Do you know what you want? I mean, what do you want to happen this year? And what are you going to do to make that happen?

It was an inspiring meeting. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/music022.gif

On that deep, thought-invoking note, today was Endurance for Movement. How very symbolic! LOL. However at around 40 minutes into it, I realized what I WANT is not to do this DVD LOL. Okay, so that's another DON'T want.

But since I'm into working out and I'm not feeling the love in some of those TLTs, I've gone through my rotation and did a little fixie.

Feels better.

But I still need to work on a list of what I WANT.

JENNIFER - It's so hard to play with the squirrels and take photos by myself! I have TONS of Mooch and Cham sleeping though LOL.

I'm sorry to hear that you may have caught a cold. Try to take it easy. It's almost the weekend!

>Where do you find all that energy? I wish I had it.

Personally I find it sitting on my sofa all day LOL. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy054.gif

MICHELE -

>I've decided to get...drum roll please...an iMac!!! I love the iMac!!

That's wonderful news! Yay! Yay!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy105.gif

So is she home and sitting on your desk looking out at the tree? Has Johnny given it his approval?

>I use the computer to balance my checkbook

I thought you said that Brad Pitt balances your checkbook? http://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gif

>she scrutinizes every square inch of my carpet (she will do that -- she'll try to find the seams -- LMAO!)

LMAO! She sounds like my kind of person!

All right, since I'm feeling in such a pondering mood, let me wrap up my post with this :

During my business meeting, and talking about this and that, one of my favorite quotes came to mind. Well, actually, it came to my partner's mouth and into conversation...but I was the one who told him it years ago, so I have the right to write it here now as if it's my very own, though it's not.

Please read the next two lines slowly.

Two men looked out from prison bars.
One saw mud...the other, stars.

It's all in how you interpret your personal situation. It's all in how you choose to see and feel it.

And on THAT note, I hope you all choose to see the stars and have a fabulous weekend!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/score010.gif

Hello August.

I see STARS and lots of snow. Yes, I'm feeling better. Mustered up enough energy to shovel my steep drive to get to work. Came in a half hour later to find out my brother and his wife, whom are both teachers about one hour north of me, got cancelled due to weather.

Michele_congrats on the iMac.

Nezt week, I hope to get the long over due PUB and Simply Interval.
And, consider buying the new series. Tonight, I will be reading it again and thinking about it all. 36 DVDs.

Have a Great Night/Day!

Hi haters.

August, I just had to share a quote from Walt Whitman, that I read in a novel:

You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every moment of your life.

Hmmmm, what do you want? Yes, a very ponderable question and one that I am unable to answer without being shallow and flip. Good luck finding your answer.

Hi Jennifer. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm still struggling with a nose full of yuckky stuff. I think I'll be passing on the new series.

'mornin' http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/mornincoffee.gif

[font color=brown size=+3]Today I see mud![/font] :p

*UGH* I feel like absolute crap this morning, so much so that I canceled my plans with my friend (I hope she gets my message :eek: . I tried to call her home and cell phone but didn't get an answer). I didn't sleep well last night and I seem to have some intestinal thing going on. Sorry if that's TMI.

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/fartysmile1f.gif

August - Hmmmmm...what do I want...that is indeed a difficult question to answer http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/4.gif

So how is your "want list" coming along? Oh yeah, my list of things I don't want is rather extensive and detailed -- LMAO! I like Robin's quote from Walt Whitman. Now there's something to ponder! I just have one question -- how do people remember quotes? I mean, I can't remember things like that to save myself. Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever read anything by Walt Whitman, but my DH, who's the smartest man in America (this is an inside joke ;) ), probably has. I'll ask him what it all means -- LMAO!

What little fixie did you do to your rotation? I haven't touched my TLT workouts since I got them. I think I tried them all once and I've never used them again. Like you, I'm just not feeling the love. I should probably just get rid of them but I'm not quite ready to part with them yet.

I'm planning to get the iMac tomorrow. DH wants the 24" model with the 2.8 somethin' somethin'. I don't really know what he's talking about, but I guess you have more than one option in the 24" model and he wants the one that's souped up -- LMAO!

Jennifer - I'm so glad to see someone other than myself is considering buying the new series! Lots of my peeps seem not to be interested, but I'm super excited about it. I mean, 37 DVD's and nary a one with cardio -- How could anyone NOT want this!!!? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/bounce022.gif

Robin - Isn't today the day you get your MRI results? All appendages are crossed and prayers have been said. Please let us know how it goes ASAP :*

You're not interested in the new series either? I just saw the PBS special with Dr. DeNubile (Cathe's orthopedic surgeon) and I'm more convinced than ever that heavy lifting is the best way to go. I just ordered his book and I'm very interested in his opinion in this area. The STS series seems like it will fit well with his philosophy, and I like that it encompasses all forms of weightlifting from endurance, to hypertrophy, to strength. I've seen that a lot of my favorite Catheites aren't biting and I'm kind of curious as to why.

Dana - How's Gannon today? Are you home today?

Jen - So, have you talked to Chad about...you know...where things are going? :D

Diane, Arista, Terri, and any other lurkers out there - Have a great day and check in from time to time. We love hearing from you :*

HIYA HATERS!!!

I am so glad today is Friday! I am going to go see my friends tomorrow that just had a baby, can't wait! I am doing the APL tomorrow from 11-2, then lunch with Mom & Tara, then heading out to their house- not sure if Chad will go with or not. He was going to go with me tonight if I went but tomorrow is going to work better. So, tonight I'm thinking Sushi & a movie sounds good, just not sure if we'll go out to eat or if I'll get it to go & stay in to eat & rent a movie. Leaving that up to him.

August- Isn't it difficult to answer that question, what do you want? I am with you, I have no problem saying what I don't want but when asked what I want, I'm speechless a lot! I have faith in you though that you'll figure it out, I KNOW you will. :)

Michele- Sorry you are having a bad morning & didn't sleep well. :* Well, as I said to August the whole "what do I want" is a hard thing for me to answer. But, I *think* we kind of left it as we both like how things are & like having each other around so I guess we are still "dating" but more serious in the fact that we know in another month we aren't going to be "not dating"... does that even make sense? :p

Robin- Good to see you! :) How are things with you?

Jennifer- What workouts are you planning this weekend? Any updates for us with the men?

Dana- How is Gannon?

Okay, I'll BBL!!!

Hey haters!!!! I'm back to work today. Gannon is ok - he didn't have a fever at all yesterday but the daycare where he goes has a 24-hour policy that your child cannot return if they were sent home w/fever, diarehhia (sp??) or vomiting. So I"m back at work, not really wanting to be here, and he is back to daycare.

But now I think that my poor Ralphie has mange AGAIN. I gave him a bath yesterday and as soon as the water hit him I could see his skin was red and he has been shedding like mad. I called a different vet and he goes on Monday evening for a skin scraping. I really like the vet that I usually take him to, but it out of the way and with the price of gas, I don't feel like making a 40+ mile trip several times to have him dipped. I took our old dog to this vet so I'm familiar with them. The only reason I even started Ralphie with this other vet is that is the one that the breeder said they use. The CRAPPY breeder. If they hadn't bred a dog that had mange, Ralphie wouldn't have it. It is heridatory.

I'm not sure if I"m preordering the DVD's either. I printed out the e-mail Cathe sent and I"ll read it. But if there isn't any cardio, how can that be a bad thing???? :p

August - so what do you want? hee-hee Have you come up with an answer? Did they give you a deadline? I could think of lots of things that I want. But that's not gonna help YOU, now is it?

Michele - sorry you're under the weather. That is going around here too. I just talked to a teacher who said she felt horrible. I hope that you can get some rest this weekend. Kudos to you for building up your indurance. You rock mama!!!

Robin - I saw on the OD that you are having surgery. My co-worker had that done over the summer on both of her knees. I hope all goes well for you. Forgive me if you posted the date, I can't remember but when are you having it done?

Jen - you totally crack me up about you and Chad. Not knowing what you want. As Michele mentioned before, he's darn near perfect. I think that it is just the whole idea of "commitment" that is scary.

Jennifer - how are you? I bet that you're glad that today is Friday, right? You survived the week! What are you doing this weekend?

Terri - hey you! It was NOT me that had a baby. 2 boys is plenty for me. It was Diane and her little Ella is just precious. I think it was last week that she posted pictures. I'm glad to see that you are back with us. We missed you and often asked Jen if she heard from you.

Do you guys have those sales people at the mall that are selling lotion? Usually they are Europeans and they have a small stand set up. Last night Gabe & I were walking threw the mall, I only had to go to one store to pay on my credit card when this weird comes up to me trying to have me try his lotion. I told him no thanks, that I already have it and that my brother bought it for me. Yes he bought it for me but that was probably 3-4 years ago. He asked me what kind and where and then he told me that the other people are imposters and fakes. I walked away and then I said that we are going to have to find a way to sneak by him or we'll have to go through that whole thing again. Luckily he was bothering someone else.

Can you believe that swimsuits are already out at the mall? It is only Jan 11, what is up with that?

This morning when I checked my e-mail at work I had an e-mail from "Helina" from Poland who got my address through and online dating service and wanted to come to America to find a man to have relations with. It was hysterical.

I guess I better get back to work. Have a great weekend ladies b/c I doubt I'll be checking in.

Hi Arista, Diane and anyone else that I missed.

Hello Haters.
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD, I made it through the week! Thus weekend, it will be lots of sleep to recover from my cold, groceries, lunch with a friend whom I haven't seen in awhile, nursery at church, housecleaning.

Yes, I'm curious about the new series. After I shovel the slush the city put in front of my drive I will relook at it again.

Have a Great Night.

Evenin' Hater's! http://bestsmileys.com/tired/1.gif

Oh man, I feel like I've been rung out like a dishrag!

Well, tomorrow is the day I return my laptop and exchange it for an iMac...or did I already tell you that? I can't remember what all I told you ^^^ there.

I'm going to veg out on the couch and watch a little TV then hit the sack early. I'm so glad this was a scheduled rest day because there is NO WAY I could've done a workout. ;(

On top of my tummy monkey's, I have a sore throat...again! ;(

Jen - But, I *think* we kind of left it as we both like how things are & like having each other around so I guess we are still "dating" but more serious in the fact that we know in another month we aren't going to be "not dating"... does that even make sense?

ROTFLMAO!!! have fun doing the APL tomorrow!

Dana - On no! Poor Ralphie :-( . Oh I hope he doesn't have mange again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the poor little guy. At least Gannon is back in the pink! Sorry you had to go back to work, though.

He asked me what kind and where and then he told me that the other people are imposters and fakes. I walked away and then I said that we are going to have to find a way to sneak by him or we'll have to go through that whole thing again.

OMG! ROTFLMAO!!

Can you believe that swimsuits are already out at the mall? It is only Jan 11, what is up with that?

Please, dear God, NOOOOOOO! I can't remember the last time I wore a bathing suit. YEARS!!! You couldn't pay me any amount of money to wear one. Of course, I don't swim, and I don't sun bathe, so there's really no reason for me to get one.

Jennifer - Yes, I'm curious about the new series. After I shovel the slush the city put in front of my drive I will relook at it again.

Oh God, I hate that! Arrrgggghhhh!!

August - Did you have sweet dreams or nightmares about your "want" list. What will you and the squirrels be doing today?

Alright, I'm signing off and there's a chance I won't be back until Monday. Take care sweetnesses, and I'll see you later :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.