HATE - Dec 19

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

I'm just on my way out, but I thought I'd start our thread, being that I'm so good at it. Oh, that and because I have an entire day lead being overseas.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/merv/basketball.gif

Today I pick up MY HUMIDIFIER! RAH RAH!

I shall be moist tomorrow!

MICHELE -

> bathroom rug doesn't have to be the same color as your towels.

Mine do. LOL.

If I have a teal hand towel (I have to keep my bath towel in a different room because the shower room/bathroom is too small, folks) and a white bathroom rug, it will look like "Oh, August couldn't find a matching bathroom rug. Or maybe somebody gave her a teal hand towel."

It's okay. I like white. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/gen144.gif

JEN -

>He also made me get on the foam roller again- he says my legs are like concrete and my IT bands are a wreck, whatever!! He also made me get on the foam roller again- he says my legs are like concrete and my IT bands are a wreck, whatever!!

LOL. Oh yeah, those darn IT bands. I'm sure rolling around on Chad's foam roller will help with that. And other stuff. Good luck. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/gen167.gif

Those new kitty photos are really cute...and I agree, I laughed again when I saw the one of Sport hanging on the computer like that. LMAO! You should totally send that in to cuteoverload.

DANA -

>I usually match my rug to my shower curtain.

Ah, there's an idea!

Wait. I don't use a shower curtain. I hate it when those things creep up and suction themselves to you while showering. So if I were to match my bathroom rug to my shower curtain, I guess I wouldn't have one LOL!

>I made home-made dog treats on Thursday and passed them out today at work.

Reading that made me laugh! I wonder how many people at work thought, "Ew, Dana made some funky cookies." You just know at least one person must have eaten them.

That's great for the people with doggies, though. How many lucky doggies get to eat home-cooked doggie treats? Cool!

JENNIFER - Ah, 18 years. Well, that's fantastic that you've been doing your work for that length of time, and I can see how sometimes you feel like you'd like some kind of change.

>Humidifiers are great, my cats love it when I have mine on.

Really? I'm kind of interested to see how Mooch and Cham will react to it. I'll tell you how it goes tonight. Am I supposed to put it somewhere in particular? Is it going to make their dry food moist food? LOL.

Nick, Dan, and Steve. Sounds exciting! I'll be sending good vibes for something nice to happen (with one of them, not all three, not unless you're hoping for that LOL).

Okay, I've got to get ready now.

HUMIDIFY ME! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/merv/waterski.gif

August, now you have me panicing that I won't have enough towels for my company. And I already know they don't match. I have been buying beige towels for years. They don't really go with anything. Have fun being moist! I better head to work. Later haters.

Hi August, Robin and EVERYONE!!

I'll see you later, taters. I'm getting my new carpet today and I've got lots to do so I won't be around until after the installers leave and my room is put back together. :* :* :*

Behave!! Or not :p :7

Hey, Robin!

Do you have a beige bathroom mat, too? If you do, I think we may be sisters, only I live in the white world, and you live in the beige one. What color is your shower curtain?

Guests? Do you have paper towels? LOL.

Well, I'm home and I'm here to announce that I HAVE A HUMIDIFIER!!!!

It's huge and bulky and I hate it LOL.

And now I have to make my way through the scary manual all in Japanese. Urgh. Be back in a few HOURS after I can try to make it work. Apparently there's cardboard inside the contraption SOMEWHERE, and I first have to take it out.

Where on earth am I going to put this rock?

Hey, Michele! We were posting at the same time!

I'm going to try to figure out how to get moist. I'm wearing my new down knee-high slippers and new warm apartment pants.

Cham is trotting around with a dish washing rubber glove in her mouth that she stole from the kitchen sink LOL. The kitchen sink where my new dish tray is LOL.

NOBODY WAS THERE AT THE STORE TO STOP ME! :)

If only I could do that with clothing.

Okay, I have to figure this dang manual out now.

ETA : Mooch is now SITTING on the new humidifier (that is fresh out of the box and half wrapped). That's not a good sign.

This humidifier is about as big as my television. I'm not kidding.

Hello Haters.
My cats like the humidifier cause their coats get dried out from the heater. Mine is a small one. And, mine do steal stuff from my kitchen too. Madrid has taken my little scrubbers that I buy from craft shows and has hid them. Haven't found one of them yet, my new supply is hidden from them.

The hard times will pass at work, although my Supervisor is strongly hinting at leaving. It will be more difficult if she does and harder for me to find time to search myself. Plus, it'll be added more stress. Change is good and I pray for a good change.

Men are hard to figure out. I know Dan and Nick are both quite shy. Steve isn't but he may be on the rebound too.

Have a Great Day!!

Am I supposed to have a "moist!" moment here? LOL. I've had the thing running for a while now, but I don't feel any different.

It mostly took me a long time to figure out where the least offensive place for the thing to sit would be.

But it's running now, and it looks fairly pretty for being such a bulk of a thing!

It doesn't seem to bug Mooch and Cham, which is fantastic. They both checked it out a bunch, and Mooch would put his paw up and see it through the other side (the top part looks kind of like a fish tank minus the fish)...he'd see his paw and quickly put his head to the other side of the humidifier, see his paw through that side and frantically put his head back to the other side. It was really funny.

Jennifer, I can see why your cats like the humidifier for their coats. I've been zapping my guys with static for a couple months now.

>Madrid has taken my little scrubbers that I buy from craft shows and has hid them.

LOL, how cute.

Wow, your super is hinting to leave? So things are stressful for everyone there, eh? Urgh. I hope things will go smoothly.

You know, when I plugged the humidifier in, the DRY ALERT button started flashing LOL. It said the room was at 30%. Now it is at 50%. Does that sound good? 50% is good? Do I keep it on all night?

Oh gawd.

I've figured out the first thing I HATE about my new humidifier.

Oh wait, the bulk was the first thing.

I've figured out the second thing I HATE about my new humidifier.

It blows cold air. It's like having my heater on and having a cool fan on. x(

I'm not actually cold from it, but I just went to where Mooch always loves to nap, and when I went to give him a belly rub, I realized the cold air is blowing right on the poor guy. So I moved it to an angle that wouldn't make an air stream straight for him, but now the bulky thing looks odd.

Oh what to do! I need someone with smarts to figure out where I should put this thing where it's not going to mold my curtains and not freeze Mooch Pie.

Okay. I've moved it to the other side of the room, away from Mooch's nappy spot.

Now it's in front of DP (darling plant). Sort of near where the mold will start to grow on my curtains. :(

From where I'm sitting, I see the back of it. It looks ODD!

Is it working? I don't feel MOIST!

:+

August, the small humidifier I have on my nightstand blows cold air too. Cold, moist air. I have it pointed away from me. It also has an errie orange light that is annoying.

Yes, I have a beige bathmat. Do you think guests would mind if I handed them a roll of paper towels? LOL

Hi Michele (whenever you get back) Hope the carpet is loverly!

>the small humidifier I have on my nightstand blows cold air too. Cold, moist air. I have it pointed away from me. It also has an errie orange light that is annoying.

Good gawd.

I think I understand the humidifier now. It blows cold air so you have to turn up your heater which dries out the air which makes the humidifier want to work. At least mine doesn't have an annoying orange light. Or at least, I don't think it does. I guess I'll know more when I turn out the light.

I feel kind of cold. I'm not sure if I feel moist.

>Yes, I have a beige bathmat.

LOL! Yeah. Gotta match.

>Do you think guests would mind if I handed them a roll of paper towels? LOL

Not if they're the thick kind. You can say it's a disposable towel. Very clean.

All right. I need to get into my bed before I freeze from sitting too close to the humidifier.

I'm going to try "Throat Gaurd" mode while I sleep. Hey, did I mention this humidifier cleans itself and doesn't require any new filters?

Nightie! :*

Hey, hey, hey haters!!!!

Your humidifier has a throat guard? How high-tech. You may need to start wearing the winter suit to bed. When are you going to post a pic of you in the winter suit? Or just the suit for that matter. I have a vision of it in my head and I'm not sure if it is the same thing.

I'm still feeling crappy. My voice is like 1-900-DANA!!!!

Gabe had his Christmas Concert last night for school. It was so cute. Gannon did not want to be there and at one point he crawled under the chairs and ended up in the row in front of us. Scared him and he started crying but that only lasted oh, about a minute. And then he was back to his badness!!!

Jen -your Sport is such a cutie patooty. He looks like he is a big boy.

Michele - did you finish cleaning your room and then the carpet layers had the nerve to not show up? Then nerve of them. Sheesh.

Robin - hey stranger!!! We miss you around here. Are you getting a lot of company?

OMG - my co-worker just walked out crying. She is all about the drama.

Guess what I was called today??? HBIC. Head **B** in Charge. LMAO!!!!

OK, I better get going. I need to find some more appetizer recipes for Christmas Eve. Not sure if my family is coming b/c we may get snow but my BF and her DD are coming and a couple of my DH"s friends.

OH and one more thing, I was watching the travel chanel the other night and the theme of the show was hamburgers. Showing the best places is the US to get burgers and one of them was in NYC and it cost $41 and it comes with . . . drum roll please . . . tater tots!!!!! If I'm paying $41 for a burger, do not serve me tots!!!

Bye-Bye!!!

Haters!!!

Thought I'd check in real quick since I probably won't have time to post tonight... going to some performance with Chad tonight, a couple of his clients are in an Orchestra here in town & they have a concert tonight so... he wants to go & I "get" to go... ;-) Not exactly what I'd consider a FUN evening but I will go with a smile on my face b/c he asked! :)

Not sure what tonight's workout will be- Mon was KPC Cardio premix & bun shaper, Shape It Up last night, so thinking KPC/L&G premix tonight- the one that rotates the combos of KPC w/ L&G.

August- Is the humidifier situated now?? Are you getting used to it or still in HATE mode?

Robin- HIYA, tell Shelley to stop by next time you talk to her, she is missed along with you!

Michele- So...how is the carpet coming along? Hopefully you aren't too stressed!

Dana- OMG, someone calld you the "B" word? Send them my way and I'll show 'em a "B"! LOL!!!

Jennifer- Men are hard to figure out- you've got that right!!!

Okay, well I may BBL but doubtful. Have a great day!!! :)

WAIT!

SILENCE!

What's this? What's this, I say?

I'm....... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sad055.gif ......I'm having my MOIST MOMENT!

I'm up early (okay, so it was actually Mooch who was originally up early, but he's sleeping again now that I'm up http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry030.gif ) and when I woke up, I pet Cham who was spralled out with her legs in my face LOL, and there was no zap! I touched my face. Ooooh! Sofffft. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/baby.gif

This is definitely my moist moment.

I love my humidifier!

So I put the thing on "Throat Guard" last night which raised the humidity from 50% to 60%. The fan sound made a white noise effect and lulled my sleepy butt to Lala Land!

DANA -

>When are you going to post a pic of you in the winter suit? Or just the suit for that matter. I have a vision of it in my head and I'm not sure if it is the same thing.

LMAO. My The Winter Outfit comes complete with Entire Head Hat so that if I happen to bump into someone I might know on the street, it will take enough moments for them to figure out who it is for me to make an escape.

A few weeks ago I bumped into a DJ friend of mine in an electrics store (I was probably looking at humidifiers LMAO) and I was wearing my The Winter Outfit with Entire Head Hat, and to top it off, I was make-free. Our conversation (roughly translated) was like :

DJ Friend : Oh, oh, hi, August? Hi!
August : ...................Oh, hi!
DJ Friend : ................You're....shopping?
August : .........yeah. Yeah. Just looking around.
DJ Friend : .....Yeah.........
August : ...Yeah.
DJ Friend : Well, it was good to see you! Later!

So what I'm trying to say is, Dana, whatever you're imagining, it's probably right. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/aussie.gif

>My voice is like 1-900-DANA!!!!

LMAO!

That reminded me of a line from a Salt N' Peppa song :

I wrote a number, and I know you thought you'd get humped
But it was Dial-A-Date 1-900-CHUMP

Hey, I didn't write it so don't look at me that way.

That's great that Gabe had such a good performance, and that Gannon helped things out in the audience LOL.

>in NYC and it cost $41 and it comes with . . . drum roll please . . . tater tots!!!!! If I'm paying $41 for a burger, do not serve me tots!!!

Oh man, serve me tater tots any dang time. With ketchup, please.

So did you find out why your co-worker was crying?

JEN - How cool to be able to go to Chad's clients' performance! How was it?

MICHELE - Are the carpet people there?

Mooch got up and he's looking out the window now. Cham's asleep perched on my bed pillow, and now I'm going to go water Oogi's flowers. No more blue roses yet but working on it.

:* :* :*

Hello Haters.

Just finished my yogurt and getting ready for CardioPower from 4DS. It's both the HIS/LIS cardio combined. I need it, one too many cookies today at work.
My job stress is slowing down, I was told the real reason behind it. My Sup is talking big time for leaving. And, I know I will follow - but I need a job to do it.
Men are real hard to figure out, a good one would be nice but there either married, too young, or not here.

Jennifer

Aunt Flo has seriously overstayed her welcome x(

The carpet people came late and stayed late ;)

My floor is a little uneven which made it difficult for them to get the pattern matched up. At one point I could tell the guy would've said bad words had I not been there :p

It looks loverly and it feels like a cozy sweater on my floor :)

It took me until 10PM to get my room put back together :eek:

Then I ate dinner and conked out on the couch ;)

I woke up at 1AM :eek:

I'm on my way to bed now but I wanted to say good night :*

Pardon my lack of personals, but I'm way too tired for that. I promise to make up for it tomorrow...er...later today.

I have to take DH to work in the morning so I won't be around until a little later than usual.

I miss youse!!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.