HATE - Dec 18

August

Cathlete
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/fence.gif

Good morning!

Okay, that's it. I'm buying a humidifier. I've been saying that for YEARS and every time I'll go to the store and there are tons of people there and I'm wearing my The Winter Outfit and sweating from the heating system in the store, and I see the lineup of humidifiers and all the explanations on all of them are in Japanese, and the ones I researched online aren't being recommended and there are other ones I don't know about being pushed as #1 Selling! and I'm not sure whether to go with one that blows actual steam or one that filters air for pollen, too, and they're so bulky and where the heck am I going to put one of these things in my tiny apartment anyway, and then I get all confused and flustered and I don't buy one and I go home and feel dry.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/out.gif

But TODAY...TODAY I am breaking that chain of events. I'm going to BUY one. TODAY! I mean it!! I'm also going to upgrade my Brita Filter. TODAY. I mean it!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/yes.gif

DANA - How can anyone NOT know ALL the Brady Bunch episodes?! I'm proud to say I also know all the Gilligan's Island episodes, and all of the Flintstones, too.

I'm not sure how my brother and his wife decided on Sesame. Before the puppy came, my bro was saying, "Wouldn't Sesame be a cute name for a puppy?" I think his wife actually was thinking of a different name, but since I come from a family of major pet lovers, it seems my brother won.

JENNIFER - Okay, I guess if I were to actually do it, I would take it back, but I have to tell you that shoveling snow sounds totally fun. I wish I were in your neighborhood to do it!

I'm sorry to hear that work is a migraine. It must be a bummer to have to go somewhere you dislike almost every day of the week. Is there anything you can think of to make it better? Is it the work you don't care for, or is it the other people working there?

And to the rest of yous..... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/greet013.gif

Abba Gabba Goo and good morning to you!!

Oh yeah, I remember the Flintstones, but unlike you youngsters, I saw it from the very beginning. I watched the very first episode when it aired for the very first time. I even remember the "Name the Flintstone Baby" contest. And of course, Pebbles' first words were "Abba Gabba Goo" -- LMAO!!!

Of course, I know ALL the Brady Bunch episodes, too. I used to watch that show when I was babysitting the neighbor kids.

August - Did you run out and buy a humidifier? We have one but it's actually attached to our furnace and controlled by our thermostat. We couldn't be without it. We have electric heat which is really dry. You have to be careful not to let it get too humid -- that moisture will melt the paint right off your walls. We once set the humidity level too high and ice formed on our windows and on a couple of walls, too. We had to play around with it before we figured out the perfect setting.

>...and every time I'll go to the store and there are tons of people there and I'm wearing my The Winter Outfit and sweating ...

ROTFLMAO!!!

I love the name "Sesame" for a pookie! What kind of doggie did they get?

Jennifer - I'm so sorry your job is causing you stress. I'll certainly pray that you find a new one -- and a new man. When you have to spend a good 1/3 of your day in a job you don't like, well, that's not acceptable. Hopefully you can find a way to ease the tensions until you find something else.

Dana, Robin, Jen, Diane, and all - what are youse up to?

I'm not playing today. I have a lot to do before they install my new carpet tomorrow morning. I need to thoroughly clean my family room and get all the knickknacks out of there, and I want to cover all the ugly scratches in my baseboard from the last time we had carpet installed. The guys who put in that carpet did a terrible job and they scratched the hell out of our woodwork.

I've finally broken my long record of perfect workout attendance :-( . I haven't done a workout since last week -- I don't even remember which day :eek: . I'd like to get one in today if I have time.

I may not have time to post for a day or 2 -- but I expect to be entertained when I come back!! And sorry, no time to find fun smilie dudes either :p :* :* :*

So there I was at my meeting, 30 minutes to store closing time. Before the meeting I'd gone to one store to get my Brita (got it and it's gohhhjyussss http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy036.gif ), but decided I'd have to get the humidifier after the meeting.

The clock ticking.

My humidifier on hold at the store....on the wire.

Tick....tock....tick....tock......

Must....get....my......humidifier......TODAY........

I was out.....I RAN! With Brita in one hand and purse in the other, I FLEW!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/superman.gif

....and arrived just in time to see the lights being turned off LMAO.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked019.gif

But my Brita looks great. Except that it occurred to me that the filter I'm using in my ancient Brita is good until the beginning of January, so I figure I'll start using my new Brita for a New Year's treat.

So tomorrow it is. Tomorrow I buy my humidifier. Hey, at least I put one on hold today, right?

Here she is in all her glory : http://www.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/home/kashitsuki/

MICHELE -

>I even remember the "Name the Flintstone Baby" contest.

OMG! Did you send in an entry? You're awesome to remember that!

>And of course, Pebbles' first words were "Abba Gabba Goo"

OMG, I did not know that!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/worthy.gif

>Of course, I know ALL the Brady Bunch episodes, too. I used to watch that show when I was babysitting the neighbor kids.

LMAO!!

>We once set the humidity level too high and ice formed on our windows and on a couple of walls, too.

OMG. I don't even really know what my humidifier (my first, if you didn't figure that out by now LOL) is going to be able to do. All I know is that it looks decent.

>What kind of doggie did they get?

One of these (this one's off the internet) : http://www.arthistoryclub.com/art_history/upload/thumb/0/0b/250px-Fm_shiba_inu_puppy.jpg

>The guys who put in that carpet did a terrible job and they scratched the hell out of our woodwork.

That's such a bummer when you pay to have work done and that kind of thing happens. Urgh.

>I've finally broken my long record of perfect workout attendance

Why not call this a week off period of rest? You certainly deserve one. And probably need one. Why not start up again on Monday?

All right. I'm off to search the internet for things to buy. I'm in the mood for "new."

:D

What kind of dog is that? Looks like an Alaskan Malamute???

Just love the humidifier (does it come in purple??) and so glad that I can read Japanese and learn all about it!!!:p

Good morning haters. I'm loving that I can finally do a little bit of cardio! I've been doing LIS from 4DS on a 6 inch bench. My knee is a little sore afterwards, but it's tolerable. I should probably ice after working out, but then it's time to make dinner and start the evening chores.

August, we dug our humidifiers out of the attic last weekend. Now, every morning, I have to water the Christmas tree, water the humidifier, water the cats...I need to get up early just to get my chores done before work. The puppy is adorable!

Michele, you did such a good job with your workouts, I don't think missing a week or so will hurt. Just be sure to get back in gear come January.

Dana, thanks for the card. It's wonderful to get a card that actually acknowledges what Christmas is about. Forgive me, but you won't be getting one in return. I gave up sending cards years ago. I just didn't have the time with all the rest of the Christmas craziness.

Hi to Jenn and Jennifer and anyone else is feeling hateful today.

DANA - It's an Akita puppy. They're really popular in Japan.

Baha, I'm thanking the Humidifier Gods for making it all white. I think I told you before, Japan is all about baby pink and baby blue.

Though purple would match my Scoop Free kitty litter box LOL.

ROBIN - Hey! It's great to hear that your knee is well enough to do a little cardio!

LOL about all your watering. Good thing you don't have a Nintendo DS Lite and play Animal Crossing, or you'd be watering the flowers there every day, too, like I'm forced to LOL. This humidifier I'm getting apparently doesn't need any cleaning and it cleans its own filter, so you don't have to change it. I guess I'll be the one putting water in it, though. :) If only it would cook for me.

>Forgive me, but you won't be getting one in return. I gave up sending cards years ago. I just didn't have the time with all the rest of the Christmas craziness.

LMAO! To tell you the truth, I gave up on them, too, years ago. I actually went to get a few cards the other day, the first time in I don't know how long! I was shocked how many kinds of cards were out on the market LOL.

Well as long as we're posting pictures of things we're getting, here's a picture of my carpet:

http://www.karastan.com/images/carpet_images/large/Karastan_WoolcheckHeathers_Goldmine.jpg

It looks much, MUCH better up close and personal. It's kind of a charcoal gray and tan in a small check pattern, but it doesn't really look checked when it's on the floor.

Robin, why don't you try the bench without any risers for awhile? That made a big difference for me in how my hip felt. I thought about taking a week off workouts but I'm so afraid I'll revert back to my days of sloth :p . You're smart to ditch the whole Christmas card thing. I keep threatening to stop, too, but somehow I just can't bring myself to do that just yet. I already stopped buying gifts, and I don't bake cookies or anything. Sending out cards is about the only Christmassy thing I do.

Dana, Robin was right about your card -- it's so pretty!!

Augie, That's just about the cutest puppy I've ever seen -- tied with Ralphie, of course ;) . I'm sure your Brita water filter is lovely, as well. Have you considered getting a reverse osmosis system? I have one and I love it. It's under my sink and it has it's own little tap.

I just got back from breakfast. I took myself out to Tim Horton's so I could say goodbye to the pumpkin spice donuts which will no longer be available come January :-( :) :-( :) :-( :) . As you can see I have ambivalent feelings about it. On the one hand I LOVE the pumpkin spice donut, and on the other hand I'll be so damn happy when it's gone and not here to taunt me anymore.

I also had a bagel sandwich :eek: ...and hash browns :eek: :eek: . I know, go ahead...say it...I'm a PIG. I was soooooooo hungry so I indulged. I guess I won't be eating the rest of the day -- LMAO!! Oh dear god, don't tell anybody I ate all that. It's so embarrassing.

Michele, the carpet looks so warm and nice! I wish I was bold enough to get colors and patterns. Everything (except my litter box and various kitty toys scattered here and there LOL) is white. The other day I thought, "Okay, I'm going to buy new towels, and I'm going to be bold and buy them in teal."

I looked over all the towels and picked out the ones I liked in teal, then went to get a bath mat in teal...and they didn't have one.

So back went the towels.

And on my way out, I bought some new white ones LMAO.

I'm rambling. The carpet looks lovely!

>Have you considered getting a reverse osmosis system?

You forget I live in Japan where everything costs two or three times what it REALLY costs, plus, I can't ever get what I want because nobody knows what I want when I say I want "barley." ;)

"Do...you...have...reverse...osmosis...system?"

Nope. That ain't gonna work.

>Oh dear god, don't tell anybody I ate all that. It's so embarrassing.

Oh yeah, a normal person's lunch. How very embarrassing indeed. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/rolleyes006.gif Yeah, you should definitely be ashamed. Yeah.

But I'm gonna cheer the heck out for you and a spice donut! YIPPEE! Michele is normal! Michele is normal! DONUTS! DONUTS! I won't even tell you how many donuts I would have eaten in lieu of a bagel LOL.

Augie, it was a HUGE bagel sandwich -- not just a little bagel. I guess it's not the amount of food either, but more just WHAT I ate. Lots of fried stuff, what with a glazed pumpkin spice donut AND hash browns -- lol! I don't want to think about how many calories that was, but man oh man, it was mighty tasty. Oh, did I mention the bagel sandwich had bacon on it? :eek:

>You forget I live in Japan where everything costs two or three times what it REALLY costs, plus, I can't ever get what I want because nobody knows what I want when I say I want "barley."

"Do...you...have...reverse...osmosis...system?"

OMG, ROTFLMAO!!!

I have to get to work now before I develop a butt glue problem. :p

Oh, one more thing -- your bathroom rug doesn't have to be the same color as your towels. I have navy blue towels and an oriental rug in the bathroom.;)

Hello, thought I'd post here real quick too... ;-)

I ended up going to Chad's house last night- he fixed spinach pancakes, ham, and mixed veggies. He also made me get on the foam roller again- he says my legs are like concrete and my IT bands are a wreck, whatever!! :) He said they are about the worst he has ever dealt with and is determined to fix me, I told him good luck!

Well, I have a meetingt today from 10:30-12:30...

Dana, I want some Vodka too!!!

August, you don't need a TV, you have us to entertain you!

Michele, come on you know you want to play... don't ignore us, LOL!

HI ROBIN!!!!!!!!

I'll BBL!

I am completely turning my back on you guys. Nope, you're not going to distract me from the business at hand -- no siree -- I'm gettin down.to.business, just as soon as I talk to Jen.

Hey Jen, how's Chad? You know, your legs are probably a mess from all the crazy lower body workouts you do. You really need to give your legs and hips a break, young lady, but you KNOW that :p

What in the world is a spinach pancake? Was it good?

Afternoon ladies. Our internet is supposed to be going down this pm for 2 or more hours so I better type quick since it is already 1:00.

Aug - Ok an Akita. There were 2 breeds I was thinking of and Akita was one, it was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't remember it. Silly, Michele is right, you don't have to have your bath towels match your rug. I would surely be in trouble if that was the case. I usually match my rug to my shower curtain. I have a country designed shower curtain with burgundy berry vines on it and my rug in burgundy. Teal sounds nice though.

Michele - I like your carpet. Let us know how it looks when the room is finished.

Robin - you're welcome for the card. I bought 3 different boxes of cards. I knew that you'd like that one. I sent Michele the same one as well. I'm glad your knee is feeling a bit better. Don't over do it though, ya here!!!

I just had a delicious salad. I went to a different grocery store b/c when I went to Giant last week I kid you not, the veggies were slimy. I swear that they used the same veggies from the day before. YUK!!!! I'm not big on buffets, salad bars, etc. to begin with.

I forgot to tell you ladies, I made home-made dog treats on Thursday and passed them out today at work. People think I'm nuts. Oh well, their doggies will be thanking them!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Hey there Dana!!

I'm technically busy, but sheesh, I sure wish someone would shut down my internet service 'cause apparently that's what it'll take to get me moving from this chair!!

Ewwwwwww -- slimy vegetables!! ;( That is so gross. Yeah, I don't like buffets or salad bars. You just never know who had their filthy hands in there :eek: ;( :p

Awwww - that was so sweet of you to make doggie biscuits for your friends at work. :)

MICHELE: Do I have to come over there and pry you away from the computer? You know, that room isn't going to get cleaned by itself and the carpet people are coming tomorrow. You yourself said it was dirty. I don't want to see another post from you until that room is spicin-span. Ya hear? Wait, don't answer that until you are done!!!

>MICHELE: Do I have to come over there and pry you away from
>the computer? You know, that room isn't going to get cleaned
>by itself and the carpet people are coming tomorrow. You
>yourself said it was dirty. I don't want to see another post
>from you until that room is spicin-span. Ya hear? Wait,
>don't answer that until you are done!!!

Yes ma'am! I'm going right now. Look at me, here I go! :p

Hello Haters.

Thank you for your prayers. I've been at my current employment now for over 18 years. I think it's time for a change. THere are periods when work is quite stressful and I have problems with others. Then, times when it's all good for a long period of time.

Humidifiers are great, my cats love it when I have mine on.

Men situation: Nick is 44 years old, never met, but been communicating on Match for over a year. We've known we have seen each other but never been introduced.
Dan is 31 years old. He is sweetie. He did alot of work on my house this summer for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! We get along great. I love his parents. And, I like his friends too.
Both guys live not too far away from me.
Steve-from Detroit, old schoolmate. Willing to drive to see me but hasn't yet due to work.

Hope you have a Great Night!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.