HATE changing name soon! I think! - Aug 14

August

Cathlete
Hiya!

Sorry, this is going to have to be another quickie (sort of), as I'm seriously behind and have a bunch of stuff to prepare for tomorrow.

My neck/shoulders are a lot better today...and luckily I had Pilates on schedule, so I did a bit of that, but took it pretty easy, just in case.

The squirrels had some kind of Spaz-Fest this morning around 5am, speeding around the room like maniacs, and although I was incredibly sleepy, it was totally funny and had me LMAO with their sprinting back and forth.

MICHELE - I wanted to say that the tree talk totally peeved me! That truly sucks that they are cutting the trees down. Urgh.

>Do you think it was because of the kettlebells?

NO. Definitely NO. For the past number of days, I've had stiff shoulders, and I very, very, very rarely have stiff shoulders. I think the main problem is my stinking computer -- the touch pad and click and really stiff, so I end up using a lot of energy pushing them, and the more I use my computer, the stiffer my shoulders get, and I happened to be on the computer a lot this week.

I've got a spare mouse (due to those problems) but sometimes I'm lazy and don't plug it in and only realize I should have been using it once my shoulders start to ache from using the one on the computer.

It also may have been influenced by my being in bed propping my head up in the palm of my hand and bending my neck in odd positions while resting and watching Frasier on DVD LOL.

BECKY - Good lawd, how many pushups are you doing?! That is disgusting LOL.

>I hope your neck feels better when you wake up . That is my only hestitation with the KB's

Please don't let that sway you as I'm confident my problem was NOT due to the KBs. In fact, they say that KB workouts are very good for the back and are often used for rehabilitation of back trouble. (Course, I guess that all depends on if you're doing the movement correctly LOL.)

With my stiff shoulders this week, it was bad timing on my part to push myself with the KBs.

JENNIFER - I'm sending good vibes on your meeting and your phone call. Please keep us up to date with how things are going! We're here to talk or whatever you need when you need!

DANA - LOL, I see you're looking through all the KB stuff now! I would love to have a cute KB. But my plain ol' silver one is pretty cool, so it's not so bad.

I haven't tried doing the 1RMs yet. Did you find that the computer is saving your info? I guess I'll have to do them at some point, but I want to be sure to do them when the thing is running properly....so tell me when it's safe LOL.

I'm sorry to hear about Gabe. I hope he's feeling all the way better now.

Urgh, I HATE hearing stories about sick pets. It makes me so blue.

>Bionic Smilies & the CC spot

OMG, LMAO!!

So did we decide on our new name?

SMILE THOUGH YOUR HATE IS BREAKING

?

SMILIES AND SPOTS

?

Okay, sorry to be emoticon-less again, but as Shannon said, it takes a long time when you do it that way and I really got to run.

I'm off!

: )

Hello Friends.
Is it Friday yet? We have an early meeting at work, I think some of it has to do with the fitness challenge and other work detail. I'm sure today they will send someone else home early-might be me this time. I might go to the mall tonight or this weekend. No rain here, we are in a big drought but yet surrounded my water.
Have a Great Day!!

Mornin'

I'm not feeling so hot today and I'm going back to bed. Went back to bed after DH left for work, but I still don't feel up to snuff. I'm absolutely exhausted lately and not sure why.

My DS saw the neurologist yesterday. Her MS is in check -- there are no changes in her brain from 15 years ago and we are greatly relieved. She has a herniated disc in her back though, and was referred to a surgeon. She's been in physical therapy all summer and it's not any better.

I did CCV5 last night and I'm doing KB's later today, after an extended nappy poo.

August A. August -- I'm SO RELIEVED to hear that it wasn't the KB's that hurt your neck and shoulders. Now get your damn mouse out and use it, for crying out loud!! What am I going to do with you! Did you buy anymore KB DVD'S? If so, which one(s)?

Hey to Dana, Robin, Cuz, Becky who can do 40some push ups, Jen, Jennifer, and everyone else.

Let's be known as Smileyville or whatever that was. That was cute and it suits us so well! At least, usually it suits us. We've been the smiley free zone lately. :p

Must.go.lie.down...

Last edited:
Afternoon smiley's.

August A August - yes, my 1RM's were saved. Did you get the list of the exercises? If not, I'll e-mail it to you.

So I was checking out the art of strength website last night, and havbe you all seen the "Ropes Gone Wild"????? OMG they are so freakin' cool. Now, there is no way that I'd shell out $200+ for some rope but it really does look fun. I also love how in the video you can see his bulldog walking around, like hey, let me in the spotlight too! LOL

Michele - I'm glad that your sis got some good news. Are you still tired? Are you feeling sick too or just tired?

Jennifer - how was the meeting this a.m.?

Sorry to be so brief but I gotta go - I'm so busy!!!

Hi Jen, Becky & everyone else in bunnytown!

Hiya!

Um, do you remember that candy I bought for the bridal shower? Well, it's.. it's all gone now. I just ate the last box.
chocgobble.gif

Dana and Augie - have you guys been doing the 1RM test? I haven't even looked at the WM yet. DH and I are thinking about joining a gym and if I do, I might ask them to test me. We still have plenty of time to figure it out. Heck, with all this kettlebell work, our 1RM could change between now and the release of STS.

Dana, I'm not feeling sick really, just sleepy. I haven't taken another nap but I'm on the verge of it. In fact, here I go... I'm going... I'm going to nappy town. I'll BBL
offtobed.gif

Michelle - the 1RM is super easy to do. Just pick whatever exercise, and once you cannot do one more rep, you just log in how many reps you did and the weight you used and it calculates it for you. It even lists what weight you will need to use for 70%, 80%, etc. It sounded much more complex then it really is.

Hi Everyone !:)

Michelle, I hope you feel better , and catch up on sleep !

I'm the queen of insomnia and the past 3 nights I've had very short nights. This morning I "slept in " and got up at 3:45. The days before that it was just after 2 !:eek: That's not a SMILE, it's my wild-I-never-get-any-sleep- bug eyes !!!

I laid down an hour ago and tried to nap and the doorbell rang !
I could have ignored it if it was just me, but my dog had to bark like a lunatic and wouldn't stop until I answered the door, so no nap for me.
I am just not supposed to sleep I guess.:(

Today's workout was MIC and I dont' like hi/lo so I did MIC step and then added on step from step heat . It was okay. Not my favorite. I should have just done LIC or a CC .

I'm not really a regular in here, so I don't think I should vote on a name, but I DO like Smileyville ! I mean, you guys have the best smilies of alllllllllll the check ins.
I think that's why I kept coming back at first........to see all the cool smileys and the creative ways you use them !

OMG! Someone is at the door again and yes, Taffy is going wild !!!:mad::mad:

Becky

Hello Friends.
I'm bummed, the meeting was a MAJOR drag. Complaining about our desks instead of dealing with some real issues, had to deal with a crazy member, and then got sent home early cause it was too slow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.