Hate : August 5

August

Cathlete
Morning!
obscene-smiley-1043.gif

Yoyo insisted on going into my closet today at 4am. But he was very polite about it. "tiny scratch....".........
shy-smiley-17316.gif
..... ............"tiny scratch..tiny scratch..".........
shy-smiley-17316.gif
... .........................."tiny scratch...."..........
shy-smiley-17316.gif

The closet door is in reach from where my bed is, so I finally woke up enough to sit up, reach over and let him in on his little closet adventure. About ten minutes later when I was just falling to sleep again, he knocked down two piles of pants with a boom and out he ran
shocked-smiley-17123.gif

But albeit having a not-so-great sleep, I did do my Christi Step!
happy-smiley-659.gif
Woo hooo! That woman is my cardio hero. I did one of the Humble Beginnings in its entirety and it was fun and to my delight, whizzed by! And you know, I think I must be in some fat-burning mode, too, because I had that "That Sweat" again. Not the "It's Hot and I'm Sweating" Sweat, but the "Fat is Melting" Sweat, which I really love. Who the heck doesn't! LOL.

Chami has been being very patient when I do my workouts lately. She'll wait for a pause to run up and demand a massage, and of course, I happily give her one (it's usually only a minute or two and then she wants to go sit down).

Anyway, I'm feeling really great about working out -- or rather, I feel great to be back to wanting to workout, and being determined not to skip them.

shocked017.gif
You guys - I'm out of whey protein. I know you're saying, "how could that possibly be?!" But it's true. Remember, of the huge whey order I did that time, one of the jugs I gave to my bro, and the other big jug was returned for being out of date, so I only actually got a small tub of vanilla. I've ordered more so please send good vibes for its quick delivery.
angelic001.gif

DANA - I'm glad to hear you did have cake on your birthday after all. And vanilla coconut ----- OMG. That sounds so good.

Sorry to hear about Gannon's "accidents." As if pee and poo aren't bad enough, but then to add in mud.

Thanks, I did appreciate, by the way, your warning on your bug violence paragraph. I must admit, that I skipped it. I'll skip anything in a post or email where there is anything about animal/living creatures sadness. It just makes me so blue.

Did you attempt the KB workout? That's great that you got it! I want the report!

angelic008.gif

>OMG can you imagine if you'd get a fax, poor Chami would probably have heart failure.

Actually, I don't have paper in the fax machine, so a fax could never come. And the ringing comes from the hand-held phone, not the main thingy, luckily. The most noise that thing makes is some clicking noises when a call comes in --- though I guess that wouldn't please Chami if she were on the pot LOL.

But...but I have nowhere else to put it....... (Go ahead and remind me and say "told you so" when, in a few months, Chami won't use the litter box because she got spooked by the phone because I didn't move it away.)

gigglesmile.gif

indifferent0003.gif

JENNIFER -

>Seville just knocked off my alarm clock from my night stand next to my bed cause he wanted more room.

LOL!

Well, Scott better watch his behavior, or he'll have me and Dana on his butt. And we're doing kettlebells now, so we have no fear. I'm sure Michele will also join in to get on that Scott's bum if he does wrong!

We want the report!

angelic008.gif

MICHELE - That's great that your DH did a CC workout! He....he burned 245 cals after the first challenge?!?!?!!

I really need to get an elliptical.

I also really like Anthony and his teaching. That tutorial that you bought does look good, and especially if there are workouts included, it's got to be great. I want the report!

angelic008.gif

I'm totally going to get the Lauren Brooks one.

I'm soooo thankful that you introduced me to kettlebells! I love them!

Okay guys, I'm off to...take a nap, water Oogi's flowers and then work.

By the way, I got a post card from the vet telling me it's time for their first 1-yr checkup and booster shot. I have to take a taxi there -- I thought I would take all 4 at the same time because of that, but do you think it would be wiser to do it 2 one day and 2 on another day?

Urgh, I'm going to have to figure out a way to sneak them all out the front door in front of the super who sits there. Like I need more stress than the mere having to take them to get shots, my poor babies!
sad044.gif

Okay, NOW, laters!
thair_kiss.gif

Hey there!

Oh gosh, I really have no clue what went on around here today. It was a crazy day -- DH had to go out of town at the last minute AGAIN! Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and be sending the vibes. He's pleading for grant money for his research -- it's competitive and money is tight.

I'm just popping in quickly to tell youse that I got my new KB DVD today!!! It's on 2 discs -- #1 is a tutorial, sort of like The Kettlebell Way but more in depth, and just with Anthony , and disc #2 has 2 different workouts. I've only previewed the tutorial so far but I think this is a good one!

I want the one with the girl, too. :D

I'm glad you like the KB's, Augie. I LOVE them! It's SO MUCH FUN!!

DANA -- you must try them pronto and report back to us! And be prepared for major DOMS in your sit muscles.

I did CCV6 today and talk about a sweat fest! It tickled my CC sweet spot.

I'm doing this. http://hundredpushups.com/

I started today. I took the initial test last night and I was only able to do 2 push ups on my toes :eek: (I can crank out quite a few on my knees) .

I was demoralized and distraught over my wimpiness so I'm taking the challenge! I WILL be able to do 100 push ups in 6 weeks. Just you wait and see! I did 5 sets of push ups today -- 4 sets with 2 reps, and 1 set with 3 reps, for a total of 11 push ups -- ON MY TOES! I took a 1 minute break between each set.

So, who's with me on this. C'mon, you know you want to.

Jennifer -- We'll beat the crap out of Scott for ya.

Alrighty, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is another long day and I'm wiped out. G'night.
offtobed.gif

Last edited:
Hello Haters.

Scott got the boot on Sunday after church. We could've met Saturday afternoon after his Mom left but he chose to go to a festival in a city right near him, then he claimed he was going to make it to church (my current and his former) but never did. Our former college was not a very strong common demoninator since I never returned to visit. And, he hasn't really attended any church, even mine, since he has moved. I consider it a BIG blessing to move on and confirm once again that I'm content.
On Yahoo personals, this guy who was communicating with me sent the majority of his social security number and the most of his MI drivers license number on an unsecured email through Yahoo, once I told him about identity fraud, he denied those numbers were even his. So, he did something stupid then lied about it. Since the denial, I quit communicating with this engineer.

There are people.customers at work and they wonder why I don't date and I get timid when getting involved alot. I know there are great men out there that are still unattached but not in my hood.

Hope you all have great day.

August, you have to go back and read the entire bug story. You'll see that he got away unharmed. (unfortunately) Is there any way that the vet would do a home visit? That would save your butt tremendously. How do you figure that you can sneak 4 cats in front of your super? That will take a lot of planning. If they'd be willing to just come to your place for an extra fee, that'd be G-R-E-A-T!!!! And YEAH for you for doing your Christi step. When you first recommended her, I bought a DVD and I think I only did it 2 times. I'm just a total klutz and can only do basic moves. Not of that dancy stuff for me! I'm actually suprised that I haven't injured myself yet.

Michele - I'm gonna go check out the 100 push ups site. 4 years ago I was in good shape and I was able to do 12 toe pushups in a row. I know that isn't alot but I was totally pleased. Now I can't even do one.

Jennifer - good-bye & good ridance to Scott!!! He wasn't worth any of your time!!! The slime, the scum, the sleeze!!!!! :mad:

OK ladies. I was so going to do the KB workout last night. I watched the introduction and started doing the exercises in the tutorial and then we got company. Never fails!!!! But I really, really liked it and I think Anthony is a fab instructor. I didn't care much for the lady in the free DVD that came with the KB. But this is wonderful!!! I didn't have any problems doing the first few different exercises, so I"m hoping that I can get the form down for the ones I didn't view yet and start the DVD tonight!!!

I spoke w/my brother the other day and someone stole a lot of money out of his bank account using his debit card #. He called the bank and when he spoke to the person he had said that he never uses his card online and she told him that it doesn't matter. A hacker can get in anywhere that you used your card (grocery store, getting gas, etc). Thank God his money was returned 100% b/c of the Visa guarantee. Pretty scary, huh? I think I need to be more careful using mine.

Well, I better get working. Have a great day haters!:cool:

G'mornin'

We had a major thunderstorm last night and I could not get to sleep to save myself -- it was so loud!
And of course, I can never sleep when DH is gone. I'm probably going to need a nap today.

The Kettlebell Way is on my schedule for today. I'm going stick with this one for a couple of weeks before I try my new workouts. I still haven't graduated to my 15# KB -- I want to make sure my form is perfect before increasing my weight.
cowboypistol.gif

I'm doing my push ups on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule -- the same days I'll be doing my cardio workouts. I'm hoping my new kettlebell and push up rotation will get me good and ready for STS! :D

So here's my rotation:
Monday -- push ups and CC
Tuesday -- Kettlebells
Wednesday -- push ups and CC
Thursday -- Cathe stretch
Friday -- push ups and CC
Saturday -- Kettlebells
Sunday -- rest day or Classical Stretch

I don't want to schedule my cardio on the weekends because that's the only time DH can do it, and now that he's been using CC, I want to make sure the elliptical is available for him on those days.
2gwb921.gif

AUGIE -- I love Dana's idea to see if your vet can make a home visit! Vets around here do that. I'm sure it will cost more but it'd be worth it, IMHO, and your kitties wouldn't have the stress of being bagged and transported by car (Johnny gets quite upset when I have to bag him and put him in the car :eek: ). The only negative thing is, if xrays or some other procedure is needed, they won't be able to do those. If you can't get the vet to come to you, then I would take 1 or 2 kitties at a time. It would be more convenient to take all 4 at once, but it would also increase your chances of getting caught, and I would hate for you to have to explain to your doorman what you're doing with 4 cats.
352nmsp.gif

Oh, did I tell you guys that I'm thinking about joining a gym? I've been doing CC for 2 years now on nothing but an elliptical and I need to start cross training. I was going to get a trainer for my bike, and I still might, but I'd love to use an arc trainer or a recumbent bike, too. I might, at some point, even try a dr..dddr.. drrre... dreadmill. :eek:

Aug, have you considered joining a gym? At least that way you'd have access to an elliptical and a treadmill, and you can finally get your CC spot tickled. :)

DANA -- That's just terrible about your brother's debit card! I have one and I absolutely never use it. On very rare occasions, I use it at the bank's ATM when I need a little cash, but I never ever use it in stores. It's so easy to get ripped off, and unlike credit cards, most debit cards do not provide protection. I'm glad your brother was able to get his money back.

Please, PLEEEEASE do the push up thingy with me. PLEEEEASE!!!! It's so much more fun when you're not alone. :D

JENNIFER -- I'm glad to hear you feel content. There must be a good man in your hood somewhere. Past experience tells me you usually find them when you aren't looking. ;)

Hello to everyone else. I'm off to check out the forums and that gym. :D

Last edited:
Michele - OK, I will try the 100 push-up program with you. Although I am a tad skeptical about being able to do 100 of them in 6-weeks, when I doubt I can even do one on my toes. But I'll try. I printed out the 6 week plan.

No, I don't recall you mentioning that you were going to join a gym. Is it close to where you live? Good luck!!

I made the BEST homemade chicken, mushroom & wildrice soup. I'm having it for lunch everyday this week.

Back to the grind haters!

Hello Haters.
Thank you for all your support. I think YoYo, Lulu, Chami, and Mooch along with Seville and Madrid could straighten him out. The good thing, I'm very content. I went to Yahoo Personals to be able to meet and get out of the house once in awhile but not for a relationship-those are too much work.
Yes, Seville can knock off my stuff without any remorse at all. Apparently, I'm not the Boss at my house.

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.