Hardocore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Nov 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do some cardio. I slept way too long again. Worked the late shift last night. Be back later

Good Morning:)
Lora you should rest more you worked late:)
Today is upper body and kickbox premix from 4DS 103 min! Thank god i'm off work today!
BBL
Randi

2nd weight training rest day. I'm enjoying this. I may end up starting my rotation on Monday instead of Saturday. We shall see. My wrists feel better but still a bit touchy. I guess that will be the deciding factor in when I start back.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning, I started my workout with Tracy Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 no str, then I did Slo Mo Short on time total upper body premix no w/up. I am going back in a few minutes to do Tracey's parts series strictly upper body. I may add the pilates and yoga too. I liked the step workout. I think it will be fun once I get it all. I think that Tracey breaks it down fairly well. The total body work on it is only 8 minutes and is basically stability ball core work and light weight.
I didn't finish my eats for yesterday. Dinner was more turkey and salad. I may not want turkey by Thursday LOL
Snack was a slice of apple pie:eek: Just couldn't help myself. I warmed up dh a slice and it smelled so good I had to have a piece with some light coolwhip. Not the best thing before bed.

Debbie, glad your wrists are feeling better. Didn't you have problems with them a while back too? I remember mentioning it had happened to me using pullups.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Day 1 of Debbie's rotation so I will report back later with stats and such.

EATS:

Kelloggs High Protein Cereal with 1/2 banana
Protein Bar
Tuna Fish w/few crackers, salad and sweet potatoe
Protein Shake
Thanksgiving Meal at church...probably will be just turkey and greens for me. I have a tendency not to eat bad when I am around a few obese people.....motivates me not to.

Debbie,

Glad that wrist is doing better.

Morning Maniacs! I have my dd and sil and gp coming today. I've been busy getting things cleaned up. Hopefully, I'll beable to do some sort of workout today. It's going to be rough the next few days to get one in.

Diane Sue- It's so nice to see that even you get hypnotized by the smell of pie.:9

Char- That Youtube video is flagged as inappropriate. LOL! What is it?

Debbie- Enjoy the week off without weights. Hopefully, your wrists will heal.

Lora- When is your last day at Walgreens?

Randi-enjoy your day off!!

Hi to everyone who follows.:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionics,

Really shouldn't be flagged as inappropriate at all. Weird that it is. Just a very old filming of a strong woman bending nails with her hands and a piece of iron around her leg. I am not sure why this is inappropriate..maybe the world is so twisted that what once was proper is now inappropriate and inappropriate is appropriate???:p

Diane Sue - Yes, I hurt the left one a while back but it seemed to heal pretty well. Now all of a sudden they both hurt. I think its because of the 45# dumbbells I'm using for bench presses. I need to stick with a barbell. It's too hard on my wrists to hoist those suckers up. I have no idea how to strengthen my wrists to be able to use that high of a dumbbell for presses.

Char - Have fun with day 1!!!

I ended up doing Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2. Workout was 72" and I burned 611 calories. I followed pretty well until the last 10 minutes or so and got lost. This didn't get my HR up very high cuz I was learning it. I can see it being a lot of fun once I learn it. I liked the music better than Tracey's other DVDs and the voic to music.

No time for abs or yoga today.

Last night was my last night at Walgreens. Now it's time for me to start getting back on my early schedule.

Toasty - I got a few of those Salon blends that are retail only and they are wonderful. Need to order more. I got Haloes, Heavenly Love and Earthly Love and El Amour Y La Muerte. Highly recommend them! I'm going to order more.

Have great workouts everyone!

Good morning!

This morning I did 30 minutes on the bike and then did Power Hour. I love that workout and wanted a total body workout but didn't want to totally skip cardio.

Yesterday I wore my newly finished dress to work and got a lot of compliments from people who didn't know I made it. :) But then I also had a few people from around campus feel the need to tell me I was too skinny (I had a lot of running around campus to do yesterday). What IS it with people who feel they can openly discuss your weight with you? I know they are just trying to be caring - I guess. But then this one woman tells me how a friend of hers had to go in for a hysterectomy and she was too thin and she had complications and lost even more weight and didn't have enough weight on her to begin with and it really caused problems. So she said we should all carry a little bit extra "just in case". That's the same thing that woman told me who did my mammogram - remember? So let's see...balance out the chances of ever having something go wrong with surgery with all of the health risks that go with being overweight. Then her and this other gal started joking about how they had enough weight that they could have all kinds of surgery. So I laughed and ran off.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz - It is amazing how people think that since you're thin they have the right to say something about it. Now what would they have done had you said something about them being overweight? All hell would break loose. Geez!!! Great workout girl!!

Happy afternoon ladies!

Cardio last night: 20 minutes on the elliptical, steady-state, level 6. I burned about 220 calories. :)

I had my 6-week fitness eval last night, and even though I have not lost any weight since then x( ... I did lose inches - 1.75" off my waist, and about 2" off of my hips. So, there's progress there.

My 1-rep max for bench press is now 115. I also pressed 590 on the leg press (this was assisted, though.) 60 crunches per minute.

I started Keto on Monday, to help jump-start the non-existant weight loss. Hopefully, this will help keep the cravings down, and make it easier to stay away from stuff on the weekends. My carbs are not crazily low, about 50-60g daily ... I am not a fan of Atkins because it's hard to have anything fiborous at 20g daily. This way, I can have a little oatmeal and even a little milk post-wo.

I actually took the plunge and had my pp with water last night. It was not too bad. As long as the water is COLD I think I can hack it :)

Have a wonderful holiday everyone! :)

Penney -Great going with the inch loss! Sometimes that's better then weight loss because you know you've gained muscle. Awesome! What keto program are you following or are you just going lower with your carbs? That worked wonders for me this summer. I didn't go below 94 g. a day, though. Also, awesome on your 1 rep max for bench. That is really impressive! I know you were struggling with that for a while.

[font size=4][font color=darkblue]Meals for today:[/font][/font]

M1: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats
M2: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Turkey patty; small salad w/lite Italian dressing
M5: Buffalo burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1689 calories
65.5 g. fat - 35%
176 g. protein - 42%
102 g. carbs - 24%
[/font]

I finished up my workout doing Traceys Strictly Upper Body and then doing the premix that is pilates,abs,yoga, stretch. I used heavier poundages than Tracey. Used 20's through all of those concentration curls and stuff. I can feel my workoust now:) Omorrow I think I will just do some cardio and yoga. I am baking birthday cake and gettting things ready for the family to all come over tomorrow. Just got back from present shopping for our son in law.

Lora, did your High Intensity Step Mix 2 have a low volume level? I kept turning up the volume on it. There were som lines running through it too. I think it will be fun once I get it all.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

>Penney -Great going with the inch loss! Sometimes
>that's better then weight loss because you know you've gained
>muscle. Awesome! What keto program are you following or are
>you just going lower with your carbs? That worked wonders for
>me this summer. I didn't go below 94 g. a day, though. Also,
>awesome on your 1 rep max for bench. That is really
>impressive! I know you were struggling with that for a
>while.

Debbie, I am shooting for 50 grams daily (this does not count fiber). I figure 50 should throw me in ketosis in a few days, and still allow a little room for oatmeal and/or milk (a very small amount of room, lol). Also, I can eat more veggies this way. I totally love spinach and it's so lowcarb it's unbelievable! :7 But I love other veggies too, and on, say, Atkins are not part of the menu. I could even squeeze berries in if I'm careful :)

I had my pp with water for the first time last night, and it wasn't too bad. Of course, it's better (and thicker) with milk, but it wasn't puke-worthy gross, either ;)

I remember how you really leaned out last summer when you dropped the carbs.

The 1-rep max for bench was assisted some :p But, still, I am happy with it. Shoulders are still the biggest challenge for me as far as strength is concerned. My chest has gotten alot better this fall.

How are you doing by the way? Your eats look great, as usual! :D

Finished my workout.

Pushups 3 sets of 15's

BB Bench Press 80# 3 sets/5 (this was very good for me):)

Concentration Curls with 45's 3 sets 5/4/5 (had to take longer rest so I could catch my breath..lawd):eek:

Double Arm Rows 3 sets/5 with 40's

Squats 180# 3 sets/5

Deadlifts AGAIN:p 130# 3 sets/5

Lying Tricep Ext with 20's 3 sets/5

Ab workout: 500 various crunches

>Finished my workout.
>
>Pushups 3 sets of 15's
>
>BB Bench Press 80# 3 sets/5 (this was very good for me):)
>
>Concentration Curls with 45's 3 sets 5/4/5 (had to take longer
>rest so I could catch my breath..lawd):eek:
>
>Double Arm Rows 3 sets/5 with 40's
>
>Squats 180# 3 sets/5
>
>Deadlifts AGAIN:p 130# 3 sets/5
>
>Lying Tricep Ext with 20's 3 sets/5
>
>Ab workout: 500 various crunches

Holy cow those are awesome numbers Toasty :) 3 sets of 15 pushups - are those full ROM? :D

Also very impressive on the Conc Curls!

Have a nice day :)

Eats for 11/20/07

This is my 2nd day of keto. I'm getting pretty close to how I want it to be

#1: 3 boiled eggs, 1 package plain oatmeal w/Splenda (about 1/3 cup oatmeal)
#2: Spinach, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 package chicken breast, 1/4 cup shredded cheese
#3: 1 oz mixed nuts, 2 pcs string cheese, 1 cup Carb Master yogurt
#4: 1/2 package tuna, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 cup Carb Master yogurt, 2 pcs string cheese
#5: 2 scoops pp in water

Cal 1874.5/fat 97.5g(46.81%0)/pro 196.75(41.98%)/carbs 42g(8.96%)

Off to the gym now!

Debbie - Thanks. I often wonder the same thing. What would they say if I said, "Well, I think you are carrying an extra 20 pounds that you shouldn't be carrying." Or just, "I think you're too fat lately." That's basically what they're saying.

You guys are all rocking the workouts today! Way to go. I've been swamped at work. We're off now until Monday. Yippeee!!! I can hear my sewing machine calling me from here.

Penney - Once I got used to Myoplex Lite with water I don't think I could go back to skim milk. I think it would be waaay too thick. It took me YEARS to lose inches off of my hips so WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!

Diane Sue - Are you also cooking on Thanksgiving? Have you had any more of that pie? I know I would have! We are having pumkin and cherry (DH's fav) on Thanksgiving and I will eat it until it's gone. :9 I can put it in the freezer, but then it will just take me longer to heat it up!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.