Hardcore maniacs Wed June 6

acatalina

Cathlete
Hello ladies,
Been buisy.
Diet going well. No cheating.Starting to not be as hungry all the time.. Living on protien and veggies and salad.. No scale till Aunt Flo over. LOL..
I did Voight total weight training. Haven't done it in a long time.
Cardio coach tonite.

Dallys, i got blisters from my hill walks up here. I think the coming down is worse on the feet..
Well, gotta run. Check back if i can.
Have a great day

Char, so sorry to hear about the FIL.
www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning, today is supposed to be a break day from the Muscle and Fitness rotation but I think I am going to do legs today and shoulders tomorrow so I can get done sooner on Friday. I have things to do before my grandchildren come to spend the night Friday. I will do some cardio as well. Probably some treadmill stuff. I got my Tosca Reno Clean eating book and Absolute perfection yesterday. I have just kind of looked through them so far. Absolute perfection looks like it is mostly basic stuff(a little disappointing). The clean eating one looks like it might have some interesting stuff. I will have to get busy and read it:)

Anne, good for you sticking with your workouts and eating when you are so busy.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today chest/back/shoulders. Did not have time to get in chest/back yesterday..tried, but had too many things pulling me in other directions. Cleaning and phone calls to make. Son will be driving tonight if he chooses. My children are all grown now. ;(

Charlotte~~

Ok, I think fall is back. Dang is it cold this morning! WTH? Anyways, I could hardly get out of bed this morning, my legs are still THAT sore. I'm pretty sure I over did it on leg day. I was going to just say forget it, but you all know me, that isn't in my vocabulary.

So I got up and did Cardio Coach #1 and it was all I could do to get through it. My legs felt like lead. This workout is only 35 min. so I stayed on my treadmill for another 10 minutes just doing steady state. That was enough for me.

Then I did some ab work. I did this series 2x's through:

1 minute elbow planks (why does 1 min. seem so long while doing planks?)
Woodchops - 15# - 20 reps
V-Ups on Decline bench - 10 reps
Hip lifts w/6# ankle weights - 20 reps

Workout was 1:05, was in my zone for 39 minutes and burned 312 calories. Travelled 2.6 miles on my treadmill.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Anne,

Thank you.

BTW, you sound like you are doing great. Do you have new pictures up of yourself? Swimsuit picture please!!!!!!:) I just got my new Victoria's Secret bikini yesterday and it is perfect.

Debbie,

Yes, it is chilly here this morning and I have my windows upstairs open...gonna close them soon. Anyhow, nice workout. I felt dead tired the day I did Imax 2, leg weight work, mowed and then grocery shopping..next day I did nothing. lol

Hi ladies
Last night i did Hardcore extreme hi/low intervals.
Char sorry to hear about your FIL. Which bikini did you get from VS? I just ordered a pink rusched dress from there it is so cute.
Deb great workout! Damn your legs are still sore?!
Diane sue I would love to get that Tosca clean eating book let me know you you like it.
Anne good job on your clean eating:)
Off to work
Have a great day everyone

Char, are you really ready to see me in a suit.Not really pretty here...I do not look as good as you..or Diane Sue.. Hopefully i will have one today. I had to send some back. Not enough chest coverage..I am too old to be hanging out that much.
My pants are loostening up more, but no scale till fri. Aunt Flo...

I am really watching my portions.Goal is 130 before vac. I think i will make it.I am aiming to cut and loose the fat.It is time...
Somedays i get really hungry...but the will power has been good.

Then i can work on whatever else i need.
Focusing on stamina and lighter weights, high reps for now.

Randi, you are a little machine girl..

Diane Sue, i would love to find a great cookbook with unique different clean recipies...

Most are all the SOS..

Off to work now..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning Maniacs-

Overslept this morning......didn't get up till 4:30 or so. Geez! I couldn't sleep last night....must be the prednisone......but at least it must be working, as I can actually smell a little bit this morning. First time in a week.

I did Cathe's Gymstyle Back, Biceps & Shoulders followed by Shape - your butt and thighs workout 25" (not that difficult - noted that I'll need to add ankle weights next time -- was a ballet/pilates inspired workout) and then I did 23" of cardio from the same Shape DVD. total workout was 1 hour 50 minutes and I burned 400 calories.

Toasty- sorry to hear about your FIL. That's the worst possible place to get cancer. They (whoever they are) always say that once cancer metastasizes to your liver (when it starts in another origin) that you won't last very long, as your liver is the most vital organ. Please let us know what you hear about the level of advancement and/or prognosis. My prayers are with your family in this difficult time.

Randi - you asked if I was excited about going back to work.......just wanted to say....I don't have a job to go back to yet. I'm not really excited....more nervous. I'd rather not work and just be able to work out long (like I have been), but that's just not reality! So....as soon as I find a job, I'll be back to doing whatever I find!

Have great workouts everyone. I'm going to see Mom at lunch and eat my salad with her and then I have a bunch of perfume samples I have to make up.......will take me a couple days. Very tedious work.

Hey Maniacs! Yesterday was supposed to be another circuit day. Right when I was ready to workout, my DD surprised me and showed up.:) Couldn't workout, since I don't see her often enough. Had to spend time with her. Plus, I was still so danged sore from my previous workout, I was almost happy for an excuse. I'm still sore today.. I will get in a circuit workout sometime today. Walk is out-as it's pouring raining like crazy outside.

Anne- You sound soooo busy! You must be great at your job. People can't stay away from your place.

Diane Sue- Would love to hear a report back from the Clean Eating book. I'm interested and hoping it's not the same old, same old. I have to many of those as it is.

Char- It's amazing how fast our kids grow up. Mine are 22 and 19! Crazy! So sorry to hear about Fil. You are so strong and I know you will get through it and do what needs be done.

Debbie- Hopefully you doing CC will help loosen up those legs. You really went for it didn't you. LOL! Planks last a life time for me. I still have a hard time holding those. It was 90 degrees yesterday and it'll be in the 50's today with rain all day. Nuts!

Randi- that dress sounds cute!

Hi to everyone who follows. :)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Anne - Glad to hear the diet is going well. That's good. Keep it up! :)

Diane Sue - I want to get the Clean Eating book as well but not sure its worth the money. Let me know what you think.

Char - I can't believe this weather. Tomorrow it's suppose to be 90. It can't even be in the high 60's right now! WTF??

Randi - Great workout last night. Yes, my legs are STILL sore. The are a bit better right now, but my glutes still hurt like heck.

Lora - How can waking up at 4:30 a.m. be late? Good Lord woman. What time do you go to bed, 7??? Great workouts!

Dallys - I guess the workout helped a little, but the are still really tight.

Anne,

Your trippin! I bet you look good in the suits. Now mine is alittle more open in the front then I would like and I don't have the cleavage for it like you would, but it still works for me. I have to be careful the top is on very tight lest I bend slightly and everyone see my girls. lol. I will take a picture of me in it tomorrow. This one is one of my favs.

Keep up the good work with your progress.

Debbie,

Warming up nice so far. Windows open now everywhere in house. I am eating my lunch as I type this. Beautiful out. Not pool weather though. I got your pm. Thanks.

Bionics and Randi,

Thank you. Bionics, Enjoy your time with dd.

Lora,

Thanks. I heard the same thing about that kind of cancer. Tomorrow he goes to Harrisonburg for further evaluation. I talked to him this morning and he is already talking about putting the house up for sale. I told him not to give up just yet cuz that is the way I think. He says he is a old man and he knows from others experiences that it is over for him. I just always hold out for hope

Mornin Maniacs,

I'm so busy!

Today is cardio for me, but I have a dentist appt. first. Will take me 1 1/2 hours to get there. Then I'll shop for needed stuff and back home.

Char I'm so sorry to here about you fil. Your a great dil for wanting to help in any way.

I have to go or I'll be late.

All of yas, have great workouts.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Toasty - just remembered.....my Godfather (my Uncle who lives very close to me) has liver cancer and he has been getting injections for it. My Mom went to the doctor with him when first diagnosed and the doctor told Mom that on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst), my Uncle was a 40 plus...which means he actually shouldn't be walking around right now....but he is! Doctor's.....what do they know???

Hey Maniacs! I'm freezing here! I'm all bundled up in a blanket trying to type and eat lunch at the same time. LOL! Waiting for customers and then I'll do my workout. I'm still so sore from 2 days ago. My triceps AND shoulders AND quads are still talkin' to me.}( I'm sure today will get all the remaing muscles and then I'll be immobile tommorrow. LOL! Ya'll know I love it!

Anne- I'm hanging in there with you on the good clean eating. I'm trying not to eat ANY junk and hating every minute of it. Trying to lose some poundage here so I can actually feel good about buying a new swim suit. I refuse to buy one until the blubber is off. LOL!

Debbie- Dang! I was hoping you'd say your legs feel much better from doing CC. I'm feeling sore all over and thought I might do one of those too. I'm cold, so I'm thinking the 'hot tub' might do it.:p

Char-Those kind of swim suit scare me. The bend over and show that you are not really all-that kind. LOL! I've gotta have em tight too.
I'm sorry your FIL is feeling like that. It makes it hard. But, you can imagine how he feels. Gosh, I feel bad for all of you. Keep us posted.

Janie- That's a long drive for a Dentist appt. Have fun shopping.

Finished the workout and am getting ready to run errands and clean. I started with the treadmill and jogged up to 7 mph as I read some of Absolutely Perfect. Still seems to be basic stuff. I ran 5-1/2 miles. Then I did M&F rotation legs and finished with Stretch Max #1.I had an incident on my treadmill this morning. I was jogging along and all of the sudden it stopped throwing me off balance. Then I noticed a noise, turned & my granddaughter 7 had been playing on a stability ball. It hit the treadmill and I guess because it was low on air it was sucked under the belt. I am surprised it didn't pop of something.

M&F rotation:5 seconds up and 5 down slow
squat bowflex 200# 5 reps 1 set, 220# 5 reps 2 sets
leg press Bowflex 310# 5 reps 3 sets
leg extensions Bowflex 200# 5 reps 2 sets, 220# 5 reps 1 set
leg curls Bowflex 100# 5 reps 1 set, 120# 5 reps 2 sets
standing calf raise 35# dumbbells 15 reps 3 sets
leg press calf raise Bowflex 310# 15 reps 3 sets
seated calf raise 100# 20 reps 3 sets

Dallys and Debbie, I will let you know what I think of the clean eating book. So far I recognize some of those recipes from the magazines.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Finished my workout.

Lawnmowers with 40's 3 sets/8
Lat pulldowns with 90# 3 sets/8/8/7
Pullovers with 45# db 3 sets/8

Bench 65#x( bb 3 sets/8 (just not feeling strength in this one)
Decline Flyes with 35's 3 sets/8

Front Lateral Raises with 12's 3 sets/8
Reverse Lateral Raises with 10's 3 sets/8
Sweeping Motion Raises (not technically or politically correct about name..but...did 3 sets/8 with 15# db

Abs tonight.

Charlotte~~

Finished my workout too.:)

Did a circuit workout-no rests-3 sets of 15 reps( 15 reps were killer today for some reason).

WG lat pull-down 70# went down to 60# on last set
Stiff leg deadlift 65#

Seated cable row 60#
Static lunge with green band (my grip was weak by now)

Back extension- totally forgot these- doh!
hamstring curls totally forgot these:( (spacing it by now i guess lol)

DB curls 15's
Jumping Jacks 1 min
bicycle crunches 50

concentration curls 15's last set 12's
jumprope 1 min.
mason twists 25

Workout was 45 min. Finished off with "cool it off ex" by Slim Series, 30 min.

Now it's off to the hot tub with Protein shake.:9

Any of the rock ladies know if either Velvet Revolver's new album or Puddle of Mudd's new one is out on shelves yet? I know they are coming cuz they've been playing new stuff from both of them on the Digital Rock station. Anyone???

Char, Diane Sue & Dallas - Excellent workouts! You are moving the weights ladies! Woo hoo!! We are truely hardcore, aren't we? :)

Lora - I love Velvet Revolver. I didn't know they had a new one coming out. Do you like Linkin Park? I got their new CD and man did they get mellow. I'm not even sure I like it. Meteora was their best CD.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.