Hardcore Maniacs Sunday 8/31/08

WD

Cathlete
I usually take Sundays off but since I have this long weekend. I decided to get up and run a bit. I ran 2.5 miles and burned 300 calories. Went out to do a couple of errands and picked up a salad for lunch.. The bowl was half empty and it looked like the lettuce had been frozen. They didn't give me the dressing either:mad: I called them and they took my name and said I could get a replacement salad the next time I come in. I was in a hurry to get home expecting a call from Bill. So I kind of doctored up the salad with some spinach and extra salsa and my own dressing.
Hope you are all having a pleasant weekend.

Hermia, don't feel to badly over that "friend". At least you found out before it went to far. The right guy will come along:)

Well I found some monkey bars at a local playground so I could do some pullups lol!!
.. now I still need that squat rack and ill be all set ;)

I guess I didnt do much..back day doesn;t involve a lot of moves, just hard ones for the lats..the other two splits are more intense..

Back-
OH Pullups 5 X 4-6
UH Pullups 5 X 6
BB Pullovers 3 X 8
DB Verticle Pullovers 3 X 8

Shoulders-
BB Presses 5 X failure (10-6)
Front Raises 3 X 8
Bent Lat Raises 3 X 8

.. Hmm.. Ive found its actually harder to do a pullup with bent knees (the bars werent high enough for me to hang from them) than it is to do them from a full hanging position.. so they were a bit modifed/assisted I guess you'd say..

I should have done ab's with that.. but maybe later ;)

I did Amy Bento's Rumble for the first time. I did skip the second bag segment. It has an interesting stretch using light dumbbells to get further into it. I kind of liked it and may use it quite a bit. That lguy is sure flexible that she is working with. I did not wear my HR Monitor though. This was supposed to be my rest day so I was just doing it for fun:D I have some bruises on my outer thigh area above my knee. Must have hit the bag to hard:)
DD took the stitches out of the crease of my nose. I am so happy. Funny how people will be talking to me and all of a sudden they would notice and be looking somewhere else and then get quiet. I guess that is a natural reaction.

Lisa, good for you finding some monkey bars:) I put a bar across the upper part of my vkr tower and do pullups with knees bent as it is to low to put them on the floor. It is tough. Usually causes me some shoulder and neck issues so I have kind of backed off. I may substitute when I get the STS series.

Last edited:
Hi Diane Sue...thanks. =) I'm trying to not let it get to me and just chalk it up as "one of those things"...but it's kinda hard.

I just finished my workout, the power circuits, upper body, and abs from BMII. I think this tape is beyond killer and cannot imagine doing the entire thing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.